• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Samus

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder if she'll ever get any Ice abilities this time around. Probably not, but it'd be interesting to see.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
I loved the way Samus was rendered in the whole height comparison scene. It's good to see her that much in a trailer, even if she did get uppercut into oblivion. Her tilt looked pretty great there in the middle of the actual gameplay part too, though I think we've already seen it in motion a few times.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I wish they'd give Samus the ability to use her Arm Cannon while grabbing a Ledge, since it is part of her moveset outside of the Prime games.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I wish they'd give Samus the ability to use her Arm Cannon while grabbing a Ledge, since it is part of her moveset outside of the Prime games.
And Morph Ball should be a crawl that's faster than her run!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
She can already Crawl in her Zero Suit, so not sure what you want.
... I think they want a morph ball crawl that's faster than her run? Besides, her capabilities in her Zero Suit mode don't really mean much for her armored mode.

In Project M, if you initiate a crawl with Samus she enters morph ball mode and can move around quickly. If I recall correctly, she also can boost/drop bombs from that mode, yeah?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
... I think they want a morph ball crawl that's faster than her run? Besides, her capabilities in her Zero Suit mode don't really mean much for her armored mode.

In Project M, if you initiate a crawl with Samus she enters morph ball mode and can move around quickly. If I recall correctly, she also can boost/drop bombs from that mode, yeah?
Pretty much what he said.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice

A lot of people noticing this. Many people saying it reminds them of shine spark. Sakurai loves to position his characters so it could be in between an animation. Just wanted to get your thoughts on what she is doing. Thanks!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Samus fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Samus is a lock, but more support for her can't possibly hurt.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Hey, guys, I'm thinking about getting the Samus figma. Any opinions on it? I've heard that figma's good, but don't have any firsthand experience.
I actually found this at an Anime Convention I went to with my girlfriend this last weekend (as someone who doesn't like Anime in general, it was an excruciating ordeal -- fat Bleach characters, fat Bleach characters everywhere), for $60. My girlfriend came into the hotel room, to which I had retreated to play some Team Fortress (and escape the stench), and told me that there was a Samus action figure for sale, of all things. Overjoyed, I leapt from the bed and made haste to the Vendor Room.

I got there, looked at the box, saw that it was Other M Samus, and immediately went back to the room. Stop ****ing my dreams in the ass, Other M.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Getting that figma is one of my impossible dreams, needless to say, go get it now!
Impossible? It's literally $42.41 on Amazon with free shipping.

I actually found this at an Anime Convention I went to with my girlfriend this last weekend (as someone who doesn't like Anime in general, it was an excruciating ordeal -- fat Bleach characters, fat Bleach characters everywhere), for $60. My girlfriend came into the hotel room, to which I had retreated to play some Team Fortress (and escape the stench), and told me that there was a Samus action figure for sale, of all things. Overjoyed, I leapt from the bed and made haste to the Vendor Room.

I got there, looked at the box, saw that it was Other M Samus, and immediately went back to the room. Stop ****ing my dreams in the ***, Other M.
...I actually like Other M's Samus design. At least, the armored version.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
...I actually like Other M's Samus design. At least, the armored version.
I likely would've bought it if I would've just had $60 laying around. Had it been Prime Samus, I likely would've anyway. Her Other M suit isn't horrible, but there are quite a few things I don't like about it. It also doesn't help that the Prime games are among my most favorite games ever, and that the Samus from that is, to me, iconic as all hell.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I likely would've bought it if I would've just had $60 laying around. Had it been Prime Samus, I likely would've anyway. Her Other M suit isn't horrible, but there are quite a few things I don't like about it. It also doesn't help that the Prime games are among my most favorite games ever, and that the Samus from that is, to me, iconic as all hell.
I completely understand. I mean, the Prime design is the one they've been using since forever.

Metroid 2:

Prime:

Other M:

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
I'm cautiously optimistic about SSB4 Samus, so far she looks buffed compared to Brawl Samus, but still nowhere near Melee Samus' level. I will still most likely main her, regardless. Unless Sylux is announced :D

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Hey, guys, I'm thinking about getting the Samus figma. Any opinions on it? I've heard that figma's good, but don't have any firsthand experience.
Definitely recommend getting it. For all we know, it could potentially be the only good figure of Samus we'll get. I own the Figma myself, and I can testify that it's an excellent display piece, and fun to pose. She comes with her Morph Ball, a couple blast effects, her missile mode barrel for her cannon, and a stand. It's worth it!

In response to another post, I prefer her Prime 2 design the best, but I'm just happy to have a Samus figure at all, Other M design or not. In fact, this figure's detailing and paint job make the Other M design look a lot better than it does in-game. The fact that it's the only GOOD Samus figure we have is all that matters to me.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Definitely recommend getting it. For all we know, it could potentially be the only good figure of Samus we'll get. I own the Figma myself, and I can testify that it's an excellent display piece, and fun to pose. She comes with her Morph Ball, a couple blast effects, her missile mode barrel for her cannon, and a stand. It's worth it!

In response to another post, I prefer her Prime 2 design the best, but I'm just happy to have a Samus figure at all, Other M design or not. In fact, this figure's detailing and paint job make the Other M design look a lot better than it does in-game. The fact that it's the only GOOD Samus figure we have is all that matters to me.
I think I will get it. Thanks!

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
While i'm loving all her new animations and changes, I'm kind of worried about they haven't gave her a morphball crawl, why she wouldn't have a crawl to begin with?
She's like the oldest character in Smash who can crawl but doesn't have a crawl, and the morphball is such an element that defines Samus in Metroid games, that would give a better feeling while playing as her in Smash Bros.

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
While i'm loving all her new animations and changes, I'm kind of worried about they haven't gave her a morphball crawl, why she wouldn't have a crawl to begin with?
She's like the oldest character in Smash who can crawl but doesn't have a crawl, and the Morph Ball is such an element that defines Samus in Metroid games, that would give a better feeling while playing as her in Smash Bros.
Sakurai seems to have given Samus' up smash a vacuum effect like in Project M in Smash 4 going off of the Direct Tuesday, so changing her roll to the sense move and/or giving her a Morph Ball crawl may not be so far fetched. Sakurai said that stuff might change, so all we can do is hope for the best. Not giving Samus a crawl period is just stupid, especially since ZSS can crawl. Going off of the Tomodachi Direct, Nintendo seems to be aware of all the Reggie memes, so maybe they are aware of "Y can't Metroid Crawl?!?!".

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Honestly I never thought the roll would change in the first place. Sakurai's stance on the matter seems to be "she has a unique side dodge/roll animation" ever since the first game (her Target Test involved dodging bumpers by rolling). While the Sense Move would by all means make much more sense (pun not intended), it also seems to me that the swift elements from Other M are more reflected in Zero Suit Samus than in regular Samus. Her run animation being more akin to Metroid Prime confirms that for me.

Top Bottom