• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

Does anybody else have some non silentspectre vs doc vids?

the matchup is hard as hell because I have no access to facing any actual Docs in my region, so when I travel and face awesome Docs whether they are defensive / offensive I am clueless on what to do

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Does anybody else have some non silentspectre vs doc vids?

the matchup is hard as hell because I have no access to facing any actual Docs in my region, so when I travel and face awesome Docs whether they are defensive / offensive I am clueless on what to do
Nair through pills.

The genesis thread has all the doc vids. I know there are Scar vs Shroomed and maybe HMW. There may also be Hax vs shroomed or HMW. The genesis vids were the greatest help to me on the matchup to date

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
there was a match or two of my doc vs. darkrain that were never uploaded
says absolutely nothin' about the match-up, tho. says a lot about what really bad combo DI does though.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Apparently no one wants to help me with my falcon D:

Bah. I'll show you all what's what.

Incidentally I found something silly with falcon. Only on FD, and only with falcon, if you smash back and jump while hanging on the edge at exactly the same time, you'll immediately wall jump. Your jump DOES get used, but you don't have to let go, jump towards the stage and then wall jump. Just smash back and jump.

Only noticed it cuz i kept accidentally wall jumping lol, and i was like, how the **** am i doing that when I am not once holding in to the stage?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Isn't that the Doraki walljump?

It's like FD and a couple other stages that you can do that with. But most of the other stages are banned ones, if I recall correctly, like Fourside.

I guess I can try giving some advice, though I probably won't give anything particularly illuminating knowing me, ha ha.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the doraki walljump doesn't use your jump, and it relies on you grabbing the edge from a certain previous position, so it wouldn't be the same thing as what he's saying

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah. As far as I'm aware, you can't doraki with Falcon on FD. This uses your jump, it just achieves a similar effect in that it happens right away, as opposed to going through a small process to do it. You could nab wall jump knees that you otherwise wouldn't have time for.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ah, ok, that's cool though. Sounds most useful for Falcon dittos or spacies that try to shoot over you.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
it was really weird, I was just playing a match against a scrub, and I did some awesome combo to moonwalk to ledge. I knew I had to finish it or he would always be disappointed in me, but I had no idea how to doraki correctly.

So I just jammed back in a special way from the ledge and did it to knee. it worked. it sweetspotted. I was happy.

show-da-skill

Smash Apprentice
I really appreciate this thread and I would like to ask a question.
Can you teach me the best way to learn and/or perform the gentleman. When I try to use it I delay my third A and I can get grabbed by shiek/marth etc. Does it NEED to be cancelled with Z? Just give me the best method to perform it and some explanation pleaseee :)
Thanks

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
You must connect with the first two jabs / or maybe at least the second jab on your opponent or it won't work, then as the third jab hits, you hold the A button as you do the third jab for at least a second so that he doesn't do his rapid jabs afterwards. Then do whatever move you want after the gentleman. Some people use the shield after the gentlemen to cancel into an attack or something. Find what you're comfortable with.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
One of my problems against peach is handling her shield pressure. I know I shouldn't be sitting in my shield too much but sometimes i get stuck that way and always try to escape it at the wrong time.

Let's say a peach is shuffling a nair at your shield and is going to float cancel jab with it and who knows what after do it again or grab, idk. When would be the best time to escape that and how? roll out with the C stick when she jabs or just before she jabs? or maybe grab her after the nair? what works =(. Peach is my worst matchup at the moment which is weird, i can handle the best spacies around here but peach still ***** me.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be in my shield at all. It basically guarantees her a free grab since CF has like no options OoS.

Instead space her aerials with DD's. Or u-air OoS or something, i dunno.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I figured that would be my answer. And I make that my game to avoid those moments, but sometimes I just manage to get stuck in that moment and I'm wondering if theres some safe way to get out of it since almost every time I get pinned down in my shield some damage is going to come of it in peaches favour.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
catch turnips and throw them back. turnip->knee is legendary status
space nairs. land out of cc->dsmash range. abuse your bair, it's all you got. uair when peach is above you. be patient on ledgeguards and don't be risky. stay invincible on the ledge or on the map if you're ledge guarding.
edit-i didn't even read i assumed you wanted peach help LOL
up b oos can work. dont do it too much though. roll is basically your best option.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Anything to beat the character helps me, I do well at tournaments here but consistantly lose to peach, alot of people try to use peach against me even if it isnt their main lol.

I always time to roll badly i think. and i dont use the C stick which i probably should, should you roll after the jab or nair?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I figured that would be my answer. And I make that my game to avoid those moments, but sometimes I just manage to get stuck in that moment and I'm wondering if theres some safe way to get out of it since almost every time I get pinned down in my shield some damage is going to come of it in peaches favour.
Being in shield against peach sucks, but it is going to happen. So here is the best I can come up with.

Wavedash out of shield when possible: This is pretty hard with fc nairs and other fast attacks she has leaving very few holes. The time between these holes are not very small either. :(

Lightshield when you think she is going to dsmash. Not too bad to use after nairs as most of the safe options after it don't put you into too bad a situation.

Roll when you think she is going to grab. Unfortunately, Falcon has to get out of good shield pressure a lot of the time with roll. It is just how it is.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
meh, i'd rather have them DI in and dropzone a reverse uair into another reverse uair(they can't tech because of the weak hits) and then make it back and edgehog.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Is it truly impossible to sweet spot with falcon? Cause I'm pretty sure i did it yesterday on YS, didn't get hit by marth's dtilt, though his timing might have been ever so slightly off :\

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
His timing was off, or he was far back enough that his dtilt was on the slightly higher part of the stage and therefore doesn't hit. Falcon's feet flip up higher than the point he grabs at, right at the top. That's why it's best to reverse up B if you can, his feet go out to the right so they have to be closer to the edge to hit you, but it's still not a sweetspot.

Top Bottom