• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yes almighty one

ill ask for your guidance next time a name a video

dam cuz

next time say

wow nice video

how did he tech that bs.

dont question me son

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
its an opinion thing.
Also the fact that MLG carried shadowrun is proving my point, MLG hasn't carried a good game since melee/halo2 days.
Agreed about it being an opinion. Diff'rent strokes, as they say.

Fun fact though, MLG carried Gears of War also :p

I do agree that the melee/h2 days were the glory days, but Shadowrun is still pretty boss.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol some people act like those werent 2 ridiculous techs

which i find hilarious

and who cares if it doesnt make fox gay because he teched its just the title of the video

which way more people would watch then

"fox techs twice" lol screw that

watch it and thats it

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
look where i was in the video when i walljump kneed

the cloud was a little too far away for that

+walljump invincibility

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Agreed about it being an opinion. Diff'rent strokes, as they say.

Fun fact though, MLG carried Gears of War also :p

I do agree that the melee/h2 days were the glory days, but Shadowrun is still pretty boss.
yeah but they dropped gears 1 for gears 2, So they counter-acted their first good decision in a while with a terrible one.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Second tech wasn't THAT impressive, because it required less reaction time.

First one was beast, though.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
yeah but they dropped gears 1 for gears 2, So they counter-acted their first good decision in a while with a terrible one.
"Good" and "terrible" are really subjective. Clearly their goal is to make monies, so their decisions are working.

If they wanted only the most competitive games, it'd be Halo: CE, Melee, Shadowrun, and WoW.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
seriously after 60 pvp wow lost all competitive value, aka once resilience came into play. AB used to be crack...

edit: As falcon barrel roll into nairs for optimal lazer dodging / combo starting potentiality

second edit: jesus left out counterstrike 1.5 and starcraft

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
WoW's competitive game is just a race to find which team structure has the easiest face roll after each major patch.
truth

**** this thread gets derailed easily.

The Thought of Competitive WoW has always made me lulz.

This is the part where I say something to focus us back to falcon, but idk what to say....

Falcon sux

Jona MM.

edit

**** yeah dippin dots CS 1.5

I used to be the **** at CS, was on a pro team and everything, but i was like 15 so my parents wouldn't let me travel.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
cal im is as far as i made it before i felt it absorbed my life too much, but honestly being on that team made my now 40 hour work weeks look like a piece of cake.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
1.6 was fine, but i was no 1.5.

SC is good, but it never motivated me to be good at it. I had far more fun play UseMapSettings games.

D

Deleted member

cs 1.3 / 1.5 are great versions

1.6 is still pretty good but there are some not as good stuff

like scout not being 100% accurate like previous versions (always very slightly off in 1.6)

DippnDots

Feral Youth
i wasn't old / serious enough to know the specifics of 1.3, but a few main reasons i prefer 1.5 over 1.6 are...

1. weapon switch between AWP and insert desired pistol (1.5 had more utility in this respect), nothing like quickscoping then immediately switching to a deagle for a few shots then back to the awp for another immediate quick scope.
2. knife headshots don't require a sudden jerk of the mouse as the stab animation begins in 1.5
3. more walling spots in many default levels, de_nuke is probably the only exception to this

I do enjoy the recoil system in 1.6 though, mostly because i'm more comfortable with it than any other.

And i miss getting struck by lightning on aztec, pretty sure that was pre-1.5 though

looking back on the list it's really a bunch of small things, competitively there isn't much difference between 1.5 and 1.6(money strats with famas/galil are one), the first listed reason is the most noticeable, but the nostalgia will always be with 1.5, when the scene in general was more retro. Servers weren't full of thousands of tiny little mods and sound files.

oh and 1337 krew looked cooler in 1.5

also pocky, i believe you live in Cali, which i'm led to believe had a much better LAN scene than columbus, ohio, whose was almost nonexistent in the early days, so im interested in hearing your take on everything.

You guys wanna start a 1.6 smashboards CS Cal team? >_> dibs on president

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
every1 is a lame tourny*** in this

the only games you need

are melee tournament mode

and melee party mode
MM $20

i didnt call him out he called me out

just incase i lose lol, i doubt it tho

reneblade:

MMM

mcdonalds money match whenever i see u lol

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Scar, Many of my friends are wondering, Who can you Sacred Combo on easier?
Jiggz or Kirby?
Or are both of them impossible...

pockyD

Smash Legend
i lived in plano, texas back when i played cs

pretty ****

point is if you liked all the slightly broken stuff in 1.5 (quickscoping, quickswitching, all that), then you'd probably like the other broken stuff in 1.3 (accuracy while jumping, running around while planting the bomb, and BUNNY HOPPING)

Top Bottom