• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

Only 1 west coast shiek I know (Lucien) can tech chase Falcon perfectly

probably only around 12~ others (Shiek mains) exist in the world that can do that without a single hitch. that's being generous

Shiek is very comboable and you just need to look for bad stuff in their gameplay. Play smart and only approach when they don't expect it. If a shiek is spamming tilts like a noob you can get in between them and grab

with the exception of like 5 shieks, shieks that camp all day kinda suck and have no fundamentals so once you figure them out its a done deal

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the compliments. Pikas with good DI can't get grab>kneed at mid percents. You play the match as if you're Marth with spacing your aerials and knees are only good for punishes/predictable dashdances. That's how I play the match, at least. Sorry I couldn't be more entertaining with sick combos :/ Those are saved for Rubyiris's spacies ;)

D

Deleted member

jetfour you are an honorary falcon bro

when i faced axe, i said it was ok to chain grab and then i got fuked for 2 stocks on FD before asking him to not chain grab

Falcon ditto tip:

if you are stomped or side-b'ed, always have your control stick set to anti-combo DI first and if they go for a knee you quickly switch to survival (or hold down so you smack da ground and tech, it depends)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I suck at dittos. While i may play the character i really suck at dittos most of the time. i found out very quickly that just because i play the character doesn't mean i can fight them.

Sooo, wtf do you do in falcon dittos.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
I suck at dittos. While i may play the character i really suck at dittos most of the time. i found out very quickly that just because i play the character doesn't mean i can fight them.

Sooo, wtf do you do in falcon dittos.
combo the **** out of whatever ******* thinks he plays a better falcon haha

but on a more serious note: fast faller rules apply

JPOBS

Smash Hero
pika vs falcon is annoying

knees are pretty hrd to hit, and everytime you leave the ground, they leave the ground and do nair/upair and beat out your slow *** aerials and you just get hit and no massive combos.

i wish i was darkrain.

Falcon dittos tip: attack second.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
What should i do about approaching / punishing approaches. It seems like i get ***** by SH nair and when i try to SH nair.
if youre approaching and their nair is beating yours,then youre probably doing it too slow.if thats the case,then try to do it faster or empty short hop in front of them to bait it out then grab or something.when theyre approaching i like to space a dd so they miss by like a hair, then come back with a grab and try to extend the combo out as long as i can (at lower percentages i just tech chase).its funny because they swear they were gonna hit me but they dont :p ..i have a friend whos really good at spacing dd grabs,but he plays fox...so he ***** me hard when he does it :[ ..i would avoid shield grabbing because everyone can gentleman or even if they dont want to,they can jab once while your shield is down and tehy can grab you into something that'll hurt

D

Deleted member

falcon dittos are my best matchup due to mango training

but really hard to explain the matchup

u just have to be good at everything

anti combo DI, duck n-air first hit so you can shield and punish immediately (usually shield grab), tech chase perfectly (easy on falcon unless they DON't tech, then its 10% harder to tech chase)

if you are stomped, side-b'ed onto a platform hold DOWN so if they upair you you smack yourself across the platform to not get comboed further

Crouch cancel n-airs

Crouch cancel n-airs

Be a better falcon and you will simply ****

bad falcons love to tech immediately and side-b or jab immediately

so when you hit them across the stage and you think they will tech do a Short hop weak knee without fast falling and you will often hit them out of their move (beats side-b and aaa jab)

Short hop without fast falling knee also catches n00b dash dancers since you sorta deceive them by having just that little bit of extra approach

---

if you commit to a stomp when they are off stage, use your double jump to catch their meteor cancel with a knee or stomp again

--

That's like 4 of mango's crappier falcon ditto tricks. The rest I'm going to steal later

D

Deleted member

yeah

if you think you can smack the floor by DI-ing down hard then go for it and tech inward to not get *****

once you can not get combo ***** by opposing Falcons by DI-ing down and away really hard you will have a huge edge since 95% of falcons do not realize the value of the down/away DI or simply ducking

Animal

Smash Lord
falcon dittos are easy if you see them run at you run away wait for them to land grab to ****. its all about being patient and baiting.

D

Deleted member

i don't agree with playing gay and that's why short hop NO FAST FALL weak knee ***** (until they catch on)

Mizar

Smash Ace
meh, he just called me a liar and i wasn't lying to him. so i was like "youre a fool if you think im lying to you." and he was like "you can take your **** and get out."
Kinda off topic I guess but I just wanted to say: He will probably regret what he said, granted you're indeed not a liar. Kicking you out is wrong outlet for his frustration of being wrong as a parent, so with kicking you out he wants to show you that he's in control.

anyway, I'm not a psychologist so its probable that I'm wrong. Though I think I'm right :p

Edit*

i don't agree with playing gay and that's why short hop NO FAST FALL weak knee ***** (until they catch on)
Thats probably the best advice I've read this month. Mixing that up could be effective indeed. Thanks man

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Dashdance and stop close to them facing away so that when they land from their nair, they have their backs to you and you can shieldgrab. I do it vs gg7 all the time :D

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I wish so badly that IC's could duck under Luigi's SH dair. It's the only aerial that hits them when they crouch, and yet it's the only one that matters.

/random

D

Deleted member

me and lovage (my butt buddy) are going to make a mix tape soon in the next month

only **** clips will be included

Top Bottom