• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Rice2go

Smash Rookie
ummmm, i was playing the other day, an i think i edge-cancelled no-tech, might be usefull for escaping platform combos no-tech -> slide off edge cancel. can someone confirm/deny?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
dude youre right PC jona, you are one of the best trolls ever. Especially those critique vids you put up every few weeks, those are absolutely hillarious. keep it up man
critique vids?

i havent put one of those up since like... late 08 maybe

watchu talkin bout willis

u tryna troll me gregory?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
oohh i see bigd

but he went behind him and i dont think PC was ready for that, thats why isai had time to do a nair

cuz if he would have gone infront of him im sure it would have been a stock lol

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
no it wouldnt have

isai would not have had any stun

it would have been the equivalent of standing a little bit in front of fox, which if that turns into you losing a stock when you play then youre not going to win very often

worst that could have happened is pc grabs him because he's shielding, but the point of doing it on purpose would be you could start a gentleman or a grab or even something crazy like up smash or dsmash and catch the fox before he gets you when he uses the normal follow up timing of a normal waveshine

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
idk cuz look, when isai got shined he went behind PC

and PC had wavedashed out of the shine the way isai should have gone, infront of him, so he was too far to reach isai and thats why isai got the nair out, if he would have gone infront, it def would have been a grab which =stock nowadays lol

idk bro, test it out and if it works let us know how

but as of right now, im not seein it

unless you get lucky and shined the wrong way anyways

also, yes when fox is infront of you, you lose a stock

you cant beat fox face to face son you should know that

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
yeah i mean, its not really a reliable counter to shield pressure

but if the timing works out to where you can consistently get airborne, i think the worst that can happen is that you get away from shield pressure taking only 3-5%
Your jump is frame 5. Assuming Fox is super perfect bros Melee, he has a 15 frame window where he's open during a perfect Nair Shines. So if he does it in the middle of his jump or somewhat early on, this can work.

For actually executing it, I'd try C-stick buffering the jump if they do anything but a low Nair Shine.

D

Deleted member

ummmm, i was playing the other day, an i think i edge-cancelled no-tech, might be usefull for escaping platform combos no-tech -> slide off edge cancel. can someone confirm/deny?
this is how to escape tech chasing 100%

DI correctly so that you "edge cancel" a platform to safety or you "edge cancel" the edge to grab the edge

---

also DI-ing away off the stage is still good since a double jump sweetspot regrab is almost unpunishable

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
jona it only would def be a grab because isai wasnt really expecting it and put his shield up when he landed

im stating, as a fact, that if you are in the air when you get shined, as soon as you hit the ground you can do whatever you want with no stun from the shine

so even if you feel like you wont get a grab, you can run or jump or roll or anything and get away from shield pressure while only taking the damage from the shine

thats not a bad deal, and then the bonus of most foxes having stuff so tied to their muscle memory that they might up smash or whiff a grab is pretty good

the more i think about it the more i like it, it just seems annoying to actually get the timing perfect

kirbykaze whats the timing for falcons shield grab? if the timing isnt much different from that then this probably isnt really worth it but if theres a significant frame difference then i might start trying to do this

im probably not gonna get to play anyone within the next week and a half or so, and definitely not anybody good enough to make me shield against them, so i wont really get to try this out

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
werd, idk

just doesnt seem like it would actually be useful.. i mean on paper sure it sounds good

but when your under pressure, how are you gonna be sure you jump out at the right time and get the no stun you want

if anything i think its just something you would get from luck...

idk if you can figure out you should make a vid or something

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
think of it this way

youre playing fox, and every time you hit their shield with a nair and shine afterwards, they get hit by the shine and you cant follow it up

thats the goal of it, not so much the offensive potential but that comes later in their desperation to follow up their shines

i cant imagine how a vid would aid this at all though, so long as you can get airborne youre free to move as soon as you hit the ground. there is nothing further to explain about it

D

Deleted member

better way to pressure with fox imo is simply n-air past them and b-air and if the falcon is dum and try to do anything out of shield they will get hit

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
nair train to nair past b-air is brokennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

s2j, you can eat my food if you come to poe3 so you wont have to spend $$ on anything other than the tourney.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i bet she plays pokemon scar

u dont wanna call that back

lmao at all the people with the falcon jokes

Animal

Smash Lord
yo dude didn't you hear him? he didn't call her back she was prob ugly as hell. FALCON PUNCH that ****

Animal

Smash Lord
lmfaooo reneblade be maddd etwist kid is madddd scars so ****ing mad everybody's maddddddddd

Top Bottom