• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
IMO, GG7 is the 4th best Falcon, with S2J and Scar close behind.

I'd rank Thumbs, Nando, and Ace after that in no particular order.
Thumbs is soooo good.

He refuses to learn how to DI, though.

That's all he really needs to do. And use pivot aerials more, maybe.
lol thanks guys, but I'm garbage. All I'm good at is choking. I'd do so much better if I played like I do in friendlies.

D

Deleted member

FKKKKKKKKKK MY fking browser hit back

i'm not factoring in me beating axe in winner's bracket on an off-day

i beat gg7 in a bo5 money match (3-2) in a janky set and beat him by a decent margin in post-tourney "seriouslies" recorded on rubyiris's setup.

gg7 is extremely good. he is amazing at getting grabs and uses crouch cancel really effectively to get grabs. He knows exactly when to shield grab even against technical spacies

i just think that, for now, i edge him out by a tiny bit. I space better, i know a tiny bit more on falcon ditto matchup and against spacies I think i'm better too. No doubt he probably edgeguards better than me too

it's not me being cocky, it's just me being truthful. if i think he is better than me than i'll say so

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
GG7 sucks at edgeguarding space animals

Or at least, he *****es about it all day everyday

I don't use spacies, so IDK firsthand

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i agree with everything s2j said.

as for gg7's edge guarding habits: hes conditioned to edge guard certain styles of recovery. the az spaces always recover high due to various reasons. that's why he edge guards the way he does. its very good vs people who go high, but vs spacies who like to go low/sweet spot (swift for example) it doesn't work. GG7's main space animal practice is me, and I always recover high. :p

it's just one of those things that works in one region due to how people play, and doesn't work elsewhere because people play differently.

*edit*

nvm found the vids.

GG7 vs s2j
GG7 vs HMW

these will be going up in an hour.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
FKKKKKKKKKK MY fking browser hit back

i'm not factoring in me beating axe in winner's bracket on an off-day

i beat gg7 in a bo5 money match (3-2) in a janky set and beat him by a decent margin in post-tourney "seriouslies" recorded on rubyiris's setup.

gg7 is extremely good. he is amazing at getting grabs and uses crouch cancel really effectively to get grabs. He knows exactly when to shield grab even against technical spacies

i just think that, for now, i edge him out by a tiny bit. I space better, i know a tiny bit more on falcon ditto matchup and against spacies I think i'm better too. No doubt he probably edgeguards better than me too

it's not me being cocky, it's just me being truthful. if i think he is better than me than i'll say so
i'm gonna john because i wasn't playing those post-tourney matches as 'seriouslies' honestly. i was still pretty upset about losing to swift haha (**** i hate fox). i will agree that you are probably slightly better than me. you definitely have a better space animal game of course. i suck at edgeguarding spacies bad. however i think i have a better non-space animal game since i poop on peaches marths jiggs and (most) sheiks. those matches are much easier for me than spacies :/

however if i lived in california and played as many tournies as you i'd **** your **** up :)

D

Deleted member

i'm gonna john because i wasn't playing those post-tourney matches as 'seriouslies' honestly. i was still pretty upset about losing to swift haha (**** i hate fox). i will agree that you are probably slightly better than me. you definitely have a better space animal game of course. i suck at edgeguarding spacies bad. however i think i have a better non-space animal game since i poop on peaches marths jiggs and (most) sheiks. those matches are much easier for me than spacies :/

however if i lived in california and played as many tournies as you i'd **** your **** up :)
haha agreed

that butt fking of macd

****kkkk

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Warning: I'm going to play Falcon at P5 probably. =)

I don't know 100% sure but I'd like to believe that I got rid of my Ganon habits when I play Falcon, I managed to beat some strong people with my Falcon recently so.. ya... I hope I can show my warrior moves. =P

Roneblaster

Smash Hero

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Which people, Kage? =)
Hmm.. a few days ago I played against Pkm, Vwins, Diakonos and KK.. and it seemed to be going pretty well overall with Falcon. =P

What's fun about Falcon the most is that, he allows me to do techchases I wouldn't normally be able to do... though obviously I have to space differently.. it's nice.

Edit: I wish we recorded at Vwins place when they came by but hes too lazy lol. However I hope I can record some matches when I go to the Ottawa tournament, I'm going to play some Falcon.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Btw s2j, you and gg7 went 5-5 in games in the post-tourney seriouslies. with the exception of one game where you each 3-stocked one another, the games were all close 1 stocks or 2 stocks with mid-high percent. the only difference was that you won 5 games in a row.

gg7 won games 1 and 2. s2j won games 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. GG7 won games 8, 9, and 10.

No disrespect, but I think it's only a matter of time before GG7 becomes the better player. Just imagine if GG7 had more practice vs better players. :p

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
Dittos don't prove anything lol for example scar beat me pretty bad in dittos then he goes and almost gets 2-0ed by a zelda and double 3 stocked by chops. i ***** that zelda and i dnt get double 3 stocked by chops

scar is butt

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Dittos don't prove anything lol for example scar beat me pretty bad in dittos then he goes and almost gets 2-0ed by a zelda and double 3 stocked by chops. i ***** that zelda and i dnt get double 3 stocked by chops

scar is butt
s2j mentioned he won by a significant margin, which I was skeptical about. Turned out to be false.

That is all.

D

Deleted member

well guess i have selective memory or something

first 2 matches though i didn't know were being recorded and it SEEMS like gg7 was trying a little bit. what went through my head was dam it's just friendlies, this guys trying a little too hard. then i realize these matches are being recorded

i tried harder for matches after that once i figured matches were being recorded. i obviously thought my win streak was longer than 5 matches. im a doosche :c

he pwned me at the end too though. we both did some cool things and he's definitely top 3 in hardest falcon dittos i've faced. i think i did a dash attack drop zone

Every weak hit I do if I space incorrectly he grabs me everytime by crouch cancelling. even if i jab him to gentlemen he will crouch the jabs so that by the time the gentleman comes out he'll block and grab me

chris says he wasn't trying though so he'd probably **** me then if he tries

there is also a falco vs fox match we play right after our set so including our secondary pride match the true set count should be 6-5 looooooool

Looking at the matches he beat me twice, and not 3 times after my streak, so falcon dittos only its 5-4

Scar

#HarveyDent
Just imagine if GG7 had more practice vs better players. :p
but the fact is that he doesn't, and s2j is in socal which is the heart of melee atm as far as i'm concerned

s2j is in the right place AND he's significantly better right now as far as i can tell (beyond their head to head)

gg7 is really good too but i don't see him getting better than johnny

nando lol

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
well guess i have selective memory or something

first 2 matches though i didn't know were being recorded and it SEEMS like gg7 was trying a little bit. what went through my head was dam it's just friendlies, this guys trying a little too hard. then i realize these matches are being recorded

i tried harder for matches after that once i figured matches were being recorded. i obviously thought my win streak was longer than 5 matches. im a doosche :c

he pwned me at the end too though. we both did some cool things and he's definitely top 3 in hardest falcon dittos i've faced. i think i did a dash attack drop zone

Every weak hit I do if I space incorrectly he grabs me everytime by crouch cancelling. even if i jab him to gentlemen he will crouch the jabs so that by the time the gentleman comes out he'll block and grab me

chris says he wasn't trying though so he'd probably **** me then if he tries

there is also a falco vs fox match we play right after our set so including our secondary pride match the true set count should be 6-5 looooooool

Looking at the matches he beat me twice, and not 3 times after my streak, so falcon dittos only its 5-4
ah ok. i remember counting 3 lol.

also i didnt know the spacies match was you guys either.

but yeah that streak was pretty rapemode.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i wanna MM all the falcons, especially nando

set count: 2-1, match 4 dreamland stocks 2-3

we're gonna finish this johnny

scar sucks, s2j *****, SS is pretty good, GG7 dash dances a lot, i wanna play nando, kage dont be a sellout

im bored as ***kkk cuz

EDIT: i actually was talking about this with a few people a few days ago

scar would be the best falcon if he was more consistent and didn't take 3 of his own stocks

D

Deleted member

scar has the biggest ballz of all the falcons and his combo ability is the best. he lets it rock and kills himself and still *****. he has what it takes to be the best but he is already the sexiest

i'm fake legit, have a bag of tricks and camp nairs all day, dunno what happened since in the past i was a baby scar

--

dajuan lets mm 5 dollars each time we meet. go to wgf

im
still winning our set

Shroomed

Smash Master
scar has the biggest ballz of all the falcons and his combo ability is the best. he lets it rock and kills himself and still *****. he has what it takes to be the best but he is already the sexiest

i'm fake legit, have a bag of tricks and camp nairs all day, dunno what happened since in the past i was a baby scar

--

dajuan lets mm 5 dollars each time we meet. go to wgf

im
still winning our set
im down, and ur not winning the set poopy

i mite go to WGF

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i wanna MM all the falcons, especially nando

set count: 2-1, match 4 dreamland stocks 2-3

we're gonna finish this johnny

scar sucks, s2j *****, SS is pretty good, GG7 dash dances a lot, i wanna play nando, kage dont be a sellout

im bored as ***kkk cuz

EDIT: i actually was talking about this with a few people a few days ago

scar would be the best falcon if he was more consistent and didn't take 3 of his own stocks
A sellout? What do you mean?

Top Bottom