• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
This is kinda random but i wanna say it while im thinkin about it.

For my falcon brothers, for a few ppl ive been a rock for my people to lean on/coach/personal cheer squad for my favorite people.

For tournaments im not at my ppl will text me and let me know how matches are going and ill interject praise, etc. etc.

Ive done it for GG7, my husband Dart, tomacawk, and some other MW players uve never heard heard of. And at tournaments im sitting and watching every one of hax$ matches and there with a hug, handshake afterwards, words of encouragement, advice, etc. after each set.

To cut to the chase, im offering my superb listening skills to all you guys when ur at a tournament and got the jitters or need to hash something out, but need another brain on it.

Or if ur just smashing or theory bro'ing. But im serious when i say im a great listener, i can give quick short advice and or put your mind at ease.

Alot of u already have my phone # or can get it on facebook, but here it is anyway:

812-573-3568.

I have unlimited texting and minutes, so dont hesitate to call or text, but be reasonable. No calls after 2 am and dont expect me to respond to ur text after then either.

<3

:phone:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Lol its ok etwist, you had it before most.<3.

I see ppl trying seriously to get better in this thread now, and i know i have something to offer. Been a gamer all my life, but my tech skill just isnt consistent yet. The day it is i'll start makeing alot of noise for reasons other than uploading funny videos.

I <3 smoke2johnny's

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
You can text me if u want too peepee, id offer it to all smashers but i dont wanna post up my phone # in the OP of a melee discussion thread.

XD

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I can personally attest to Reneblade's expertise in Smash cheerleading. He single-handedly propeled me to pools victories at Pound 4. The one match where he left to take a break, I got JV 4 stocked by Kage.

So yeah. Reneblade. He's kind of a big deal.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
ego update from tourney im at:
beat aniolas and nedech in MMs, falcon vs sheik, both 3-2

been doing well overall but feeling strangely unmotivated to play singles tomorrow lol

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
!!! good **** rocky!

just text me and ill get you hyped bro!

is that true juggleguy? i vaguely remembering cheering for you, but i thought i was only like 1 match or 2. @ p4 i was following around lovage or sitting at my recording set-up mostly.
anyway, you know i got u from now on now that we know each other better! <3

falcon BROtherhood

people cant see u do cartwheels in your own home chivaljoe :p:p:p:p

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol Chivalruse, it appears you found my youtube channel
That match of Druggedfox vs Adnan was mine

Walt

Smash Ace
I go through phases. Sometimes I watch everything I can possibly see, sometimes I just don't care for a month or two.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I whomped on my buddy for about 2 hours tonight. I didnt drop a single game, my tech skill was good, but i still had a little bit of trouble controlling falcon perfectly. I got better and better as the night went, but i wont be able to play for 2 straight hours too often to warm up.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I've tried to just save watching videos for matches that I REALLY want to see, or if I honestly have no idea what to do in that matchup. At this stage, I know what to do in every matchup, and the only issue is execution. So, I've slowly replaced watching matches with just more practice.

D

Deleted member

if i'm struggling to do something in a certain spot, i usually watch some hax/darkrain vids

his combo vid is actually pretty educational on how to tech chase on platforms well

i still enjoy watching vids if at least 1 person does cool stuff/ has good fundamentals

Walt

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what I need to work right now other than smarter DD and techchases(can't everyone work on that) and I don't have anything recent recorded so any general "people don't abuse this enough" ideas to apply?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Theres always new aspects of the game to learn more about, thats why melee is one of my favorite games ever. i've played this game competitively for way too long and I still get pressured in unique ways each tournament i go to.

D

Deleted member

#1 thing i notice is people don't di properly

like 98% of vids i watch

they don't realize when they are gunna platform edge cancel when tumbling and air dodge as a result

Mizar

Smash Ace
Lately ive been watching some mango (falcon) - PP vids and I still have no ****ing clue about how he does so well on FD against a falco of that level. Mango is so ridiculous. ****.

Top Bottom