• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I do forget to use fsmash sometimes.

Also, stomp fsmash is really good if you don't have enough time to knee. Nobody seems to survival DI it...

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah, people often think more about teching on low stomps and you can get some good surprise kills

if you can knee (and you can in the 40s, just believe) it kills way better though

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
indeed i did

it was hard as hell though, i wouldnt recommend actually attempting it in a real match

i got 46% on video though in tourney

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
is uptrow fsmash better to kill spacies with then uptrow knee? sometimes i feel like knee kills better because you cant di it as good as you can di fsmash, especially on dreamland and fd etc

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Knee is like the best finisher period <_<

...But Fsmash is mad easy to input and usually kills them so whatever

Windrose

Smash Lord
Why is uthrow-->dtilt bad at lower percents where you can't uthrow-->f smash? What else can you do? :S F-tilt? re grab? raptor boost? :S nair?

(you can't d-smash like magus said)

Brookman

Smash Hero
I really like to up throw down-angle ftilt cause if you do it late enough you'll hit after people try to tech and they'll fudge that **** and flop around for you to knee them.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Why is uthrow-->dtilt bad at lower percents where you can't uthrow-->f smash? What else can you do? :S F-tilt? re grab? raptor boost? :S nair?

(you can't d-smash like magus said)
Sure, it's fine then. A lot of people dtilt anyway though at the low range of uthrow smash percents though.

I like uthrow regrab if they don't DI the throw, but I play that lame m2k techchasing style falcon that nobody likes =\

0Room

Smash Lord
Yes he did.
But if you think that being beaten by Germ's Link is anything shameful I'm disappointed in you.
Imo it's like losing to Taj's Mewtwo, or IHSB's Samus. Yeah you "shouldn't" lose, character and on paper MU wise, but they're ridiculously good players and if you ever think they're not you're nuts.

As far as what to do I just techchase/regrab/nair/uair lol
depends on the character and my mood

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm saying it because I believe it was Hax that said Falcon should never, EVER lose to Link. No matter if he's GERM, HDL, or *insert link here*.

0Room

Smash Lord
Edited because it came off a little too mean the first time

Well, on paper, should Pikachu lose to Marth? Yes. Did Axe beat the CRAP out of every Marth he's played, including and especially Cactuar? Yes.
It's even worse with Falcon.
As my friend Foxy says, "The reason I like Falcon, is because as much as he ***** low tiers, they can **** him just as hard."

The Rule of Law is just this: Never let your guard down. Ever.
Unless it's friendlies. Or you like losing.

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah I do too. I always come back though, there's not another game that I understand as well as this one

Windrose

Smash Lord
That still doesn't mean hax losing to the germ isn't an upset. How the heck did that even happen, as good as the germ is...this was definitely a surprise for everyone I'm sure. Hax is showing some really inconsistent results...

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i talked to hax about it, im not gonna divulge what was said, but i can assure you it wouldnt happen again if they did a salty, and hes gonna **** the **** out genesis.

anyone else see him take 7 stocks in crew?
1 from shroomed
4 from axe
2 from lucien

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was pretty damn ****. The match vs axe was mighty damn close. It was the 2 stocks from lucien that was icing on some cake for the falcon viewers. Too bad the stream was super choppy for me. I was practically watching a picture slide show of the crew battle but I had a pretty good idea of what was going on.

@roneblaster, alright man I hope you're right...I'm guessing something personal happened (ie. gun point robbery)

Windrose

Smash Lord
I know , I was joking. There's this long running joke/small meme that started because some brawl player got robbed at gunpoint at genesis 2....

0Room

Smash Lord
Again, losing to Germ isn't a bad thing. If anything, it's almost an honor: to lose to someone who's been playing this game since the beginning of the tournament history...It's almost a piece of history.
There's no shame in that.

Edit:
It's also fun talking to everyone on the stream chat
And no matter what you say DuckPimp, everyone is NOT Axe :p

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Saw Scar's 3rd round pool in the tourney updates earlier... death was awaiting in that pool, jesus

1. Wobbles
2. Axe
3. Lovage
4. PewPewU
5. Scar

:(

Top Bottom