• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

0Room

Smash Lord
He did well against the swedish Falcon and even against Wobbles, despite being wobbled most of his stocks.
He also beat Bob$'s Marth on FoD, so I'm proud of him.

0Room

Smash Lord
Hmm it's possible lol
I might have totally misremembered his name
I feel like there was someone with a name that started with a k though

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
that falcons name WAS nizro.

scar 2-0'd him.

i think im done with smashboards for a while. everyone is a troll or uneducated on the topic they're discussing..

im not quitting melee or even 100% quitting smashboards, just dont expect to see many posts from me for the next while.

just to be clear, this has nothing to do with the fact that 0room didnt know that nizro doesnt begin with the letter K. it started with people saying "mango wont make top 10" in the genesis prediction thread.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Incredible tourney performance by s2j!

Johnny for best Falcon in the world? Beat SS, outplaced Hax.
Can't really say anything until bracket results and videos are up. Plus it's only one tournament. All the top falcons are inconsistent right now. Nevertheless a huge congratulations to smoke2jointz. I learned how to space nairs from all his posts. It's the thing he emphasized the most. (also wenbobular) these two guys always say "space nair, pivot nair, tippy toes"

Genesis 2....not really well enjoyed from an audience perspective. That's my opinion anyways...I can't really afford to travel all the way to USA just to watch it live.

0Room

Smash Lord
Can't really say anything until videos are up.

Pretty much this. I'm looking forward to seeing how all the falcons did, considering my exposure in the stream was limited to Scar and Nizro [with a K, I swear!]

Genesis 2....not really well enjoyed from an audience perspective. That's my opinion anyways...I can't really afford to travel all the way to USA just to watch it live.
Pretty much this. I live in the US and I couldn't afford to go to Cali for that :p
Oh well, the stream pulled through, right? Riiiiiiiiiight? :glare:

I dunno I felt like it went pretty well, tournament wise. Without PP in the game for super serious, things got really interesting, and I'm super interested to see Mango's killing spree. 4 stocking Taj sounds pretty fun.

As far as that goes though, people need to stop being surprised that Taj won. He did work, and this is a game where absolutely anything is possible. I don't know why people who claim to know that are so surprised by Taj playing the right way in the Match up, and winning against a great player. Taj is by no means a nub himself. It just frustrates me [/rant]

Palpi

Smash Hero
that falcons name WAS nizro.

scar 2-0'd him.

i think im done with smashboards for a while. everyone is a troll or uneducated on the topic they're discussing..

im not quitting melee or even 100% quitting smashboards, just dont expect to see many posts from me for the next while.

just to be clear, this has nothing to do with the fact that 0room didnt know that nizro doesnt begin with the letter K. it started with people saying "mango wont make top 10" in the genesis prediction thread.
dart for top 10 on east coast

Walt

Smash Ace
Hey, finally back from Genesis kids. It was obviously amazing.

Got 3rd in my r1 pool behind MacD and Abate. Abate is more hype than really good, he's just like, an average good player who is playing Luigi and not everyone knows what to do against it. Eddy Mexico is a way better Luigi and this seemed like, universal opinion around the floor. Got ****ed up in r2 pools by Axe and then had close but losing games mostly with the rest of the pool. DoH was there and did exactly the same as against MacD, got 1 stocked then 2 stocked.

Johnny is so much different irl than on the boards. He's like, not telling people they're stupid and stating his opinion on stuff. Or at least he wasn't to me. Maybe he has just gotta warm up to someone before saying whatever. Also he is now my favorite Falcon. His set against M2K was amazing, he lost but twice it was down to last stock, M2K over 90% and S2J at under 40, then got gimped and lost. Dude still sucks **** at edgeguarding. He combos and edgecancels are so hot. They are hot as the sun. They are Solar Phallus Hot. ****ing incredible dude.

Fuzzyness is campy, and a huge douche. All he talks about is himself, like, the conversation won't even be about smash then he'll just bust into talking about something of him on youtube and or how he rested M2K's dthrow>fair or some ****. He was obnoxious and people started trying to avoid him.

random extra notes:
-Brandon/HMW is the mother****ing homie. I kicked with him all 3 days and I wouldn't have had as good a time without chilling with him.
-Fly *****. Hard. Harder than Wobbles.
-Shroomed/Dajuan was beasting, beat PP, beat hella dudes. He was destroying everybody. And he keeps getting better every tournament.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
fuzzyness is campy, and a huge douche. All he talks about is himself, like, the conversation won't even be about smash then he'll just bust into talking about something of him on youtube and or how he rested m2k's dthrow>fair or some ****. He was obnoxious and people started trying to avoid him.
lolllllllllllll

gj walt :)

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hey, finally back from Genesis kids. It was obviously amazing.

Got 3rd in my r1 pool behind MacD and Abate. Abate is more hype than really good, he's just like, an average good player who is playing Luigi and not everyone knows what to do against it. Eddy Mexico is a way better Luigi and this seemed like, universal opinion around the floor. Got ****ed up in r2 pools by Axe and then had close but losing games mostly with the rest of the pool. DoH was there and did exactly the same as against MacD, got 1 stocked then 2 stocked.

Johnny is so much different irl than on the boards. He's like, not telling people they're stupid and stating his opinion on stuff. Or at least he wasn't to me. Maybe he has just gotta warm up to someone before saying whatever. Also he is now my favorite Falcon. His set against M2K was amazing, he lost but twice it was down to last stock, M2K over 90% and S2J at under 40, then got gimped and lost. Dude still sucks **** at edgeguarding. He combos and edgecancels are so hot. They are hot as the sun. They are Solar Phallus Hot. ****ing incredible dude.

Fuzzyness is campy, and a huge douche. All he talks about is himself, like, the conversation won't even be about smash then he'll just bust into talking about something of him on youtube and or how he rested M2K's dthrow>fair or some ****. He was obnoxious and people started trying to avoid him.

random extra notes:
-Brandon/HMW is the mother****ing homie. I kicked with him all 3 days and I wouldn't have had as good a time without chilling with him.
-Fly *****. Hard. Harder than Wobbles.
-Shroomed/Dajuan was beasting, beat PP, beat hella dudes. He was destroying everybody. And he keeps getting better every tournament.
inb4 wenbobular's comments on luigi players and how you should've ***** luigi.
Damn, can't wait to see those s2j matches.
I saw the bracket (http://i.imgur.com/boh0d.png). The seeding was SO WEIRD. Some people had really difficult brackets while others had relatively easier ones....there must've been some huge upset wins/losses in R3 pools.

wow, Scar blows, unsubscribing.
T_T he didn't make bracket again :(

Walt

Smash Ace
inb4 wenbobular's comments on luigi players and how you should've ***** luigi.
Damn, can't wait to see those s2j matches.
I saw the bracket (http://i.imgur.com/boh0d.png). The seeding was SO WEIRD. Some people had really difficult brackets while others had relatively easier ones....there must've been some huge upset wins/losses in R3 pools.

T_T he didn't make bracket again :(
I got kinda overwhelmed of Luigi those games then realized I should have just calmed down and accepted that has quick ground movement. At one point he wavedashed back and forth through my shield 3 times out of grab/bair range, I should have just jumped up to the top plat but I continued to sit there. No biggie, I went 4-2 in r1 so whatever.

And there were indeed some weird upsets early on. Dr. PP got 2-0'd by Fly in r1 then 2-0'd in r2 by Taj. Lovage went 2-1 against Hbox in r1 or r2, I forget. Then r3 was just a huge rapefest and I don't think there is any shame is not making bracket. Round 3 was absolutely brutal.

ORLY

Smash Master
scar, s2j, ss, and hax were makin' falcon look super sexy this weekend

nice to meet all youse guys

0Room

Smash Lord
That they did
Glad you had fun, Walt. People are totally different in person than they are in game, that's for sure.
And I think people have started to really accept that Fly is kind of the best ICs at the moment.
I was impressed with his performance as well, and disappointed that PP had to get sick on this week, rather than later :/
But mostly I feel bad for him, because I know that was really detrimental and must have been really hard for him.

I personally have been going through the old pages of this thread
And holy crap there's so much good stuff in here. Why do we let this kind of stuff sit?
I mean there's an identical discussion about Ganon as when I asked at Pound V, Magus has ridiculously good posts [http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8954050&postcount=20, http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8996908&postcount=6053]
But what I can't understand is why no one told anyone about this

The people discussing are more or less still around
and yet when the same questions come up no one says anything different, but doesn't acknowledge the fact that this has been answered before!
I've learned so much stuff, seen tons of good videos, and this was all from `08
For example, did you know that the strong hit of the knee is only a 3 frame window?
I mean come on guys why was nothing said about this lol
[/rant]

Also
you can't knee in place to cover the in-place techs, then go for a grab
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9044240&postcount=6366

Windrose

Smash Lord
It's because the community is SMALL and unorganized. There I said it. Don't shoot the messenger.

0Room I feel exactly how you feel. There's lots of answers scattered across the boards. The search function SUCKS. And the 60 second search intervals even further discourages searching.

The information is all so overwhelming. I need to take a breather.....still also need to think about irl grad school applications.

Walt

Smash Ace
I played on recording setups but have no idea if I actually got recorded, someone said he had a setup that automatically recorded when games started so maybe.. But I did play a match on the projector setup against Mackadotious and beat his Falco. Usually I get messed up by him but I obviously I will win the one where all of Genesis is watching hahaha.

D

Deleted member

Incredible tourney performance by s2j!

Johnny for best Falcon in the world? Beat SS, outplaced Hax.
thx

and nope! I simply had an easier bracket, Hax had a much tougher, manlier bracket. He doesn't choke as hard as me, knows how to edgeguard, overall way better

probably gunna make a topic on falcon boards soon

@walt i thought u were pretty good and even if u did suck weiners I would not point it out like a *** face, but yeah in real life im just some weird asian kid

D

Deleted member

scar had a BRUTAL round 3 pool and was involved in a 4 way tie

shoulda made it out imo, literally everything went wrong with people beating people that screwed scar over in tiebreakers

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
thx

and nope! I simply had an easier bracket, Hax had a much tougher, manlier bracket. He doesn't choke as hard as me, knows how to edgeguard, overall way better

probably gunna make a topic on falcon boards soon

@walt i thought u were pretty good and even if u did suck weiners I would not point it out like a *** face, but yeah in real life im just some weird asian kid
LOLOLOLOLOlololololol

Top Bottom