• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Not really. My day is wake up at 6-7 school/work get home talk to girls/swf/do stupid **** then I stay on the internet till like 4 then I sleep for 2 hours and do it again. Yayy

:phone:

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
i call playing reneblade for several hours at apex. he already knows but im just lettin y'all know

gravity is such a downer

if the titanic had hit a heisenberg, would it still be floating?

Walt

Smash Ace
If I recall flights over there and back are waaaaay more than you guys coming over here. But I may be totally wrong about that.

Tekk

Smash Lord
"rapide question Victor @ 23:49
ton billet pour les USA 23:50

cher Slhoka @ 23:50

t'as couté combien ? Victor @ 23:50
et tu l'avais pris combien de temps à l'avance ? 23:50

cette fois ci, jme suis fait niquer Slhoka @ 23:50
1400 23:50

cher c'est combien ? Victor @ 23:50
hahahaha 23:50
haha 23:50
merci 23:50
c'est tout ce dont j'avais beosin"

Quick translation: it costed about $2000 to Slhoka to go to the US
And he's not rich, he actually saved money.

Melee Grande is 11 months from now.
Americans, I'm sorry to tell you that this time, you have no johns not to come.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Because it costs $800, tekk

:phone:
True. If you're going to the US during winter, on the EC, and booking a fair amount of time in advance.
So it's a biased amount, because it's usually higher.

more like smashers are ****ing terrible with finances
There's so much truth in this sentence...

"
Quick translation: it costed about $1200 to Slhoka to go to the US
And he's not rich, he actually saved money.

Melee Grande is 11 months from now.
Americans, I'm sorry to tell you that this time, you have no johns not to come.
Tekk is stupid and cannot calculate, but it actually costed me a bit more than $2000 to book my flight tickets for Genesis 2. I had to book fairly late, though (something like 3 weeks in advance).
For Genesis 1, it was much better, and I paid about $1300 for the flight tickets.

How did I get that much money ? Aside from going to university, I work.
For Genesis 1, I had a 4-months internship, for with I earned something $500 a month. And then I did a ****ty, low-salary job for only 11 days. Since I had long shift, I came back exhausted everyday (I litteraly couldn't sit or lay down without instantly falling asleep), but I still made a fair amount of money, and I had enough to stay two weeks travelling in California.
For Genesis 2, I had a part-time job during the whole year so it was way easier.
I live at my parents so I don't pay that many charges apart from my phone, my food when I eat outside, my public transportation card, etc... but I didn't ask them a single cent for my US (or European for that matter) travels.

So basically... if you really want to go, plan things in advance. Try to see your options to save money (being housed at smashers' places helps a lot !). It's definitely doable, unless you are actually pretty poor and/or have a very intense schedule that prevents you to work.

Zoler

Smash Ace
The genesis 2 trip costed me around 1900 dollars. That was with a 3 week stay and renting an RV though.

Excluding that it would probably would've been around 1200 dollars at least.

No johns, just save money.

0Room

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna say that
When you're used to $5/$10 tournaments

Up to $30/40/50 including gas

$1200 is shocking and not worth it if you don't feel like you're worth the trip

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I attend both Genesis events, and I never made it through the pools, partly because I'm bad, partly because I screwed up.

But it was awesome nevertheless. Why ? Simply because the competitive aspect wasn't THAT important. I met awesome people and had fun with them. I did some sighseeing, had some cool activities, etc…

If you go abroad to attend a smash tournament, you don't have to merely see it as a smash tournament. I see it more like vacations with a tournament + (usually free) housing by cool people who share the same passion. And THAT is what makes me pay so much ;)

Top Bottom