• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Yo if anyone wants melee help, ask me. For only 19.95 a month I will teach you how to be dead awful and beat teh_spammerer. 1-800-438-4941....CALL NOW!

Scar

#HarveyDent
xzax if you make another ******** post in my thread i'm permabanning you

never jab if you can just grab

however i did learn that jab is wayyy better than i thought it was @ smym, at least in dittos. marth1 ***** me with jab alone, it beat all my approaches and a lot of my dd grabs. darkrain also interrupted me a LOT with jab

arcnatural pm'd me randomly a few weeks ago about wavedash OOS to jab to **** people up, i think it's actually probably really smart. the only problem i can think of immediately is those good foxes and falcos who will cc shine to either death combo or waveshine to the ledge dsmash depending on which top tier it is

Divinokage

Smash Legend
xzax if you make another ******** post in my thread i'm permabanning you

never jab if you can just grab

however i did learn that jab is wayyy better than i thought it was @ smym, at least in dittos. marth1 ***** me with jab alone, it beat all my approaches and a lot of my dd grabs. darkrain also interrupted me a LOT with jab

arcnatural pm'd me randomly a few weeks ago about wavedash OOS to jab to **** people up, i think it's actually probably really smart. the only problem i can think of immediately is those good foxes and falcos who will cc shine to either death combo or waveshine to the ledge dsmash depending on which top tier it is
I can't find the god**** thread of smym, what was the results in 2v2 and 1v1?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i need peach advice :( every time i start to combo her, her nair comes out and ef's me up. it's a ******** move. is there any guaranteed move to her with after a up/down throw at lowers %'s? cuz i lost to a peach i know i shoulda beat and it kinda pissed me off when he won using downsmash and nair to get out of my combos and that was about it.

skyheart

Smash Lord
dair when you think she's gonna dsmash, nairs and uairs **** as well. also if they nair after an up or down throw, why not just wait for the nair? then continue to combo? also they usually nair when you try to knee to finish the combo, so uair. also space your uairs better. i dont think the nair can hit you if you space uair right. or at least it doesn't hit me

Scar

#HarveyDent
if fox spaces himself correctly you're not gonna correctly space a uair guys nice try tho

when peach is going to nair you don't try to continue your ****ty combo bc it clearly doesn't work. combo peach when your move is going to hit her WHILE she's in hitstun, otherwise let her do what she's going to do and just start over.

for example you could either dthrow nair and run away and put pressure on her, or you can dthrow nair and try to uair and get hit by her nair

your choice

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I know I've lost to Peach's dsmash if I try to uair her through platforms, and a couple times where I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have hit me if I hadn't uaired. I dunno though, I don't play peaches that often, so maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I know I've lost to Peach's dsmash if I try to uair her through platforms, and a couple times where I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have hit me if I hadn't uaired. I dunno though, I don't play peaches that often, so maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.
no ive tried this also, his upair hits her downsmash because it doesn't have a disjointed hitbox unlike EVERY MOVE MARTH HAS...if cf upair had disjointed hitbox gg its done son

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
if fox spaces himself correctly you're not gonna correctly space a uair guys nice try tho

when peach is going to nair you don't try to continue your ****ty combo bc it clearly doesn't work. combo peach when your move is going to hit her WHILE she's in hitstun, otherwise let her do what she's going to do and just start over.

for example you could either dthrow nair and run away and put pressure on her, or you can dthrow nair and try to uair and get hit by her nair

your choice
the way you put it, makes me feel really dumb :( but thank you for the advice. i think i just have to work on watching peach to make sure she is in hitstun...cuz sometimes i think she is, and then i get naired =/

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Scar, you probably don't remember this, let alone me, but it was one of my shining moments during SMYM. You and M2K vs. Dart and I in some doubles friendlies, we were the guys you played after you played your first set with Kels & Khepri. Just a simple match on either Yoshi's Story or Battlefield, can't remember. You were like in the air somehow...I think Dart utilted you with Marth actually, and I'm on the top platform and do uair with my back facing you, then ran forward on the top platform, pivot the other direction, then full hop knee'd you. It's not even the fact that I did it against a good person, it was just that I actually did something good for once. Just posting this to let you know that you made my experience at SMYM10 just that much better by me actually successfully doing that LOL. Sucks we couldn't do any friendlies/money matches so you could maybe try and help my Falcon out a little bit...I vaguely remember you sleeping on a couch for like an hour or two at one point...probably could've done said matches had you not slept, but I don't blame you for sleeping at all xD.

Anyways, good stuff at SMYM10 regardless =D.

Scar

#HarveyDent
the way you put it, makes me feel really dumb :( but thank you for the advice. i think i just have to work on watching peach to make sure she is in hitstun...cuz sometimes i think she is, and then i get naired =/
lol peach pisses me off, you're not dumb she's really dumb

Scar, you probably don't remember this, let alone me...
haha def don't remember that but i remember you -- we should have gotten matches in, when did you leave? i was sitting there a lot of the time doing more/less nothing after i was elim'd from singles

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I left actually after M2K vs. Mango Grand Finals was over, so I was there the whole day rofl. I just took the pink bandana off because I was getting a major headache from it. Next SMYM or whatever tourney that's a decent distance away(2 hours is dang near my cap xD), I definitely gotta stop focusing on watching people's matches and focus on asking "Can I get next?" That's been my downfall both SMYMs I've been to now rofl. Ugh I'm so mad at myself for doing that xD, I didn't even need to watch Drephen vs. Kels, Kels vs. M2K, and Kels vs. Tink ;_;...good matches but too much Fox for my taste and plus, that would've opened up a good amount of time for smashing with peepz, GAHHHH....NEXT TIME!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot that after you got eliminated by Tink, I was already trapped in the confines of the crowd preparing to watch Kels' run through losers bracket. Sure, front row seats to all these matches was great and all, but I WAS TRAPPED, so I couldn't excavate my way out to go play friendlies ;_;

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
Question: How do I deal with a Marth tech-chasing with uthrow? It's almost as bad as Shiek's downthrow techchase game.

At low %, it's just really easy for Marth to run and regrab no matter which way I tech.

At medium %, he can actually chainthrow me if I DI back, tipper fsmash if I DI forward, and utilt -> **** if I don't DI.

At high %, I'm already close to dying, so I'm just sad.

What are some good ways to escape this? Or am I missing something basic? I can occasionally jump to avoid it, but that's at medium percent after taking it in the rear for 50%-ish.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I know that if you're getting thrown into up-tilt, or just getting u-tilt juggled at all, you should DI in the opposite direction that Marth is facing (in the direction he swings his sword for utilt), and you'll be hit too far away for him to continue doing stuff while standing right there, giving you an opportunity to get away.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
HAI SKUR UHM I WNATED TO KNO HAO TO GENTALMAN
I HERD UR GOOD AT IT SO TELL ME
I COULD LOOK BACK ABOUT 2 PAGES TO FIND THE RESPONSE YOU GAVE TO THE OTHER 100 PEOPLE

EXPLAINING IT IN GREAT DETAIL

LOLOLOL **** THAT I'M A LAZY *** MOTHER****ER

sup scar

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Scar! come back to the midwest, youre way too cool of a dude to let EC have all of your manliness.

Nice move puttin the genesis trophy down infront of the TV as mango and G$ were playin friendlies, I LoLed

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how2smash: falcon can jump out of marth's u-throw w/ no DI at like 7%, he'd have to uptilt you and then techchase if you do that.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
^ sorry to say that is wrong.

and if its right, how come falcons never EVER jump out of it.

this is just my personal events speaking.

Top Bottom