• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

pockyD

Smash Legend
whether it's 1 frame or 7 frames is irrelevant if you have 10 frames to act

so you take the one with more reward, which would far more often than not be the usmash if you have the choice between either

edit: also, since fox has to jump before shining whereas he can usmash right away, shine out of shield is more like frame 4 or 5

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
the only time shien oos i find to be teh better option is when you really are getting pressured in shield and you'd get hit before the hitbox for upsamsh would come out (fox/falco aerial -> shine pressure comes to mind)

but i mean if someones coming at you at death % do you shine and hope you stay grounded or take the upsmash for the kill?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
upsmash that move is broken

anyways

um wheres ikm3

scars gonna ban everyone for making this into an extension of the fox boards lol

I.B

Smash Lord
I watched about half of the match.

Not bad, not bad. I'd say polish up your aerial game by getting consistent l-cancels and fastfalls, and work on executing them properly. I noticed you'd land your aerials but instead of landing both hits of a nair, or the strong part of the knee, you'd miss the second hit or get a soft knee and lose a good opportunity to take control/a stock.

N-airs: rise with the first kick, fastfall with the second kick. Space at Falcon's toes vs everybody except Marth.

Taylor-Corn

Smash Cadet
haha im not actualy trying to put it into my gameplay, i have seen videos where they do it below the stage and somehow still recover. I just wanna know for the haha i just falcon punched you and lived sake of it.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Jump, hit B as fast as you can, and right before it hits. Hold Up on the stick. It'll push you slightly upwards giving you just enough to recover.

Only problem is it limits where you can hit with it.

tubes

Smash Ace
Actually its fairly easy to Falcon punch off stage and make it back. The trick is to hold up as you punch. Falcon punch works just like Jigglypuff's pound so holding up will actually make the punch go upward. Aside from that, press B right after you jump and hold towards the stage as soon as the Punch is over.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Actually its fairly easy to Falcon punch off stage and make it back. The trick is to hold up as you punch. Falcon punch works just like Jigglypuff's pound so holding up will actually make the punch go upward. Aside from that, press B right after you jump and hold towards the stage as soon as the Punch is over.
wait... seriously? about angling the punch up? you can do that? i can make this jump without doing that... but it's pretty hard, i'm gonna try and see if holding up changes anything.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
or he's waiting for the last possible minute to increase hype BE A HUGE DOUCHEBAG.
fix'd
shine oos is faster but usmash oos usually has higher rewards. if you can waveshine oos then this is probably not the case lol
edit-holy **** ninja'd by a bunch of ppl

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i say **** shielding, lets just all learn how to powershield everything, then you can do ANYTHING OoS :)

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
It would be ******** if IKM3 turns out to be shlt and Scar hyped this just to piss everyone off and accomplish the biggest heel turn in melee history.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
here have a look at my sloppy falcon and give some critique etc. tell me WHY I suck. also theirs a match earlier in the set were I won but i played way better in this match so its the one im using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvn6YrLlCT4
quit talking like you're bad when you're decent
next time we play (SMYM) I can give you advice while I beat you =)
not during the cash battle(s) though, I play for keepsies

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i'm pretty sure that's not how powershielding works
kind of. Since it gets rid of all shieldhitstun(shieldstun? i forget which refers to lag from hitting a shield and which is the lag from being hit while in a shield) , it opens up more options, but yeah, you can still only do attacks that would be possible out of a normal shield, you can just do them sooner. Personally I think knees oos would be highly effective with powershielding.

legion598

Smash Ace
IKM III not out yet?!

GG7 nowere to be found!?

falcon punch found to be controllable for the fiftieth time!?

What will happen next on....the falcon boards! -dragon ball Z announcer-

what did I tell you? its the dragon raptor blaster
d@mnit

quit talking like you're bad when you're decent
next time we play (SMYM) I can give you advice while I beat you =)
not during the cash battle(s) though, I play for keepsies
Ive been in the hyperbolic time chamber for 20 years at over 9000 Gs since we last played, im gettin that tree fitty

Top Bottom