• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 3 - Burnaby, BC - May 2/3 - *NEED BRAWL DISCS*

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Smash name: StarWaffle
Contact information: umm you can pm me here :p
Need a place to stay?: Nope
Events you are planning on entering: evrything brawl. melee dbbls, 64 dbbls
Which days you will be attending: All of em
Bringing equipment?: 1-2 T.Vs / 1 brawl / 1 melee+ memory card :p / maybe a wii and gamecube i dont know my wii is broken but my sister just bought one so she might lend me hers in which case i'd have to unlock all the characters >_> and i'll check if my gamecube is working or not.

YAAAAAY i cannot wait :3

hmmmm i guess i could put up some posters :p

Metà

Smash Master
I'll try to do the FFA tournament, there should be some time at the end of the day. It'll probably just take up one TV anyway, it'll be really fast.

Also, items would be on very high, and only small stages. This is not up for debate, the only thing I'd change is what type of items are on. lmao

Oh, and on a more important note, would anyone mind if I made the entrance fee $15 for Brawl/Melee singles? I don't think it's unreasonable, and we have quite a few players traveling good distance for this. I also think doubles should be $20 a team. Is this a problem for anyone? I really think it's time we bumped up the entrance fee for larger tournaments, especially with lots of OOP players coming.

unityole

Smash Lord
I'll try to do the FFA tournament, there should be some time at the end of the day. It'll probably just take up one TV anyway, it'll be really fast.

Also, items would be on very high, and only small stages. This is not up for debate, the only thing I'd change is what type of items are on. lmao

Oh, and on a more important note, would anyone mind if I made the entrance fee $15 for Brawl/Melee singles? I don't think it's unreasonable, and we have quite a few players traveling good distance for this. I also think doubles should be $20 a team. Is this a problem for anyone? I really think it's time we bumped up the entrance fee for larger tournaments, especially with lots of OOP players coming.
evan if you dont host 64 ffa with items on veryhigh, hammer & pokeball only on dreamland and peach castle only I WILL NOT COME TO THIS TOURNAMENT, I WILL BE INSIDE COMPUTER LAB ALL DAY and DOTA

and u will not be allowed to use my TV or the lounge, OR the TV inside the lounge.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
evan If You Dont Host 64 Ffa With Items On Veryhigh, Hammer & Pokeball Only On Dreamland And Peach Castle Only I Will Not Come To This Tournament, I Will Be Inside Computer Lab All Day And Dota

And U Will Not Be Allowed To Use My Tv Or The Lounge, Or The Tv Inside The Lounge.
Do What The Man Says Evan!!!! :o:o:o

Bwmat

Smash Ace

I disagree on the grounds that There's no way I'm winning any of that money.

Metà

Smash Master
I'll probably be too poor to do anything but doubles, so yeah, feel free to jack up the prices, more attractive to people who have to travel.
quoted for emphasis

It's not like all of our tournaments are going to cost more money, but I'm just asking to raise the price for things like this where we have a high level of competition coming from all over the place.

So for people like Matt, who have the mindset that paying extra for something you have a low chance of winning at is a waste of money, just remember that it's for the sake of stimulating competition. I think the added $5 in the 4 biggest events (Melee/Brawl singles + doubles) will make a big difference if we can get a lot of people to come to this. It also means we might be able to make small pay-outs (or at least money back) to 4th place and whatnot.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
evan if you dont host 64 ffa with items on veryhigh, hammer & pokeball only on dreamland and peach castle only I WILL NOT COME TO THIS TOURNAMENT, I WILL BE INSIDE COMPUTER LAB ALL DAY and DOTA

and u will not be allowed to use my TV or the lounge, OR the TV inside the lounge.
Haha jack! that's the way.

Sion

Island of Horizon
Smash name: Sion
Contact information: u has my msn
Need a place to stay?: If staying at SFU is allowed, I'll probably stay there.
Events you are planning on entering: Probably all SSBM events
Which days you will be attending? both
Bringing equipment?: Sorry. I got nothin'.

My Priority?: low tiers > singles > crews > doubles > farukon

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Uh if you're making changes, do all of them by April 3rd and don't let people pre-register before doing so. People should be able to pre-register knowing what it'll cost them.

You should probably figure out event of each day before that too. Changing them within the month leading up to the event might not sit well with attendees.

Metà

Smash Master
Good idea Rushan, I'll try to have all the stuff finalized by Friday evening (I have two exams that day, but I'll have time in the evening to do stuff). For now I think the pre-reg is fine, considering people can always cancel it if something changes; I kind of wanted an idea what people wanted before I finalized everything. I think I have a good idea now, from hearing what some people have been saying.

People should keep checking back for details though, cause stuff is always subject to change for unforeseen reasons...

unityole

Smash Lord
Good idea Rushan, I'll try to have all the stuff finalized by Friday evening (I have two exams that day, but I'll have time in the evening to do stuff). For now I think the pre-reg is fine, considering people can always cancel it if something changes; I kind of wanted an idea what people wanted before I finalized everything. I think I have a good idea now, from hearing what some people have been saying.

People should keep checking back for details though, cause stuff is always subject to change for unforeseen reasons...
evan uknow i got exam on the 4th, which is also my last one just cause ive got disabilities.
SOOOOoooOOO, make 64 ffa tourney.

if u dont want to hear me cry at ur ears at school MAKE IT HAPPEN. dan will also cry ur ears out too DO IT

ImNub

Smash Rookie
You fail Jack.

Might come for 64 singles and doubles if I can find a partner. Jack wanna be my partner lawl.

It's Teagan btw Evan.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Smash Name: talking_chicken
Contact: gmail address with username talking.chicken, or a PM here
Location: Victoria/Abbotsford, BC (pick one, the latter is where I'll be at the time)
Housing: no
Events you are planning on entering: Melee low tier (please?), singles, doubles, crews if the rest of Victoria will do it, 64 singles, doubles (assuming Melee and 64 are Saturday), Brawl singles/doubles if I happen to be there
Which days you will be attending? Saturday for sure, maybe Sunday, don't know yet
Bringing equipment?: TV, Cube, Melee

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I'm teaming with jack for 64 doubles, unless of course he doesn't want to.
He definitely doesn't want to. Guess that means you're teaming with me.
how much does this cost?
Prices vary by event. Major events generally cost more, ie. Melee/barlw singles: 15$/person, Melee/barlw Doubles: 20$/team-or-10$/person. Other events are cheaper though as far as I know.
So it depends on what you're into and how much you're willing to spend.

EDIT: since when are names green?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Smash Name: Firestorm
Housing: No
Events you are planning on entering: Probably Brawl Singles. Tell me if you want me to run brackets on either day.
Equipment: Wii + Brawl + Melee + Memory Card.

Additional Note to Meta and Byuusan
My Wii is soft-modded now and hopefully I will be able to install the hack that lets us save 3+ minute replays in Brawl. That way we can use it to record matches for later capture. If Byuusan brings an SD card, I can transfer the replays over at the end of the day and he can capture as I still haven't bought a capture card.

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up, i may or may not be able to come. I'm usually only free from 12-8 max so if the fights i'll be doing aren't around then i geuss i won't be attending (or i'll just hang around and do friendlies.)

Smash name: Gannon's Pet Moblin
Contact information: pm me, i'm on basically every day
Need a place to stay?: Nop
Events you are planning on entering: SSBM and SSBB singles
Which days you will be attending: probably both, my schedule often varies, = (
Bringing equipment?: I can bring melee and a GC, thats basically it.

More info soon on the times would be awesome, thanks.

unityole

Smash Lord
superboom's team goes:

brawl: probably clouderz
melee: someone better than evan
64: me

Top Bottom