• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 3 - Burnaby, BC - May 2/3 - *NEED BRAWL DISCS*

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Post more posters. Like, around street posts and stuff. Maybe have a classifieds ad or somethign to advertise. Get Fox to advertise it on radio or something. More hype!

I'd help but I REALLY can't do anything in P-town.

Metà

Smash Master
*UPDATE*

EDIT: Until I get the webform up, send pre-registration info to sfu.ssb [at] gmail.com
I'll accept it posted in this thread as well, or by AIM (omnismash) or MSN (benny_goodman [at] hotmail.com)

I will now be taking pre-registration. It is not required to enter the tournament, but I will try to give discounts to people who do it, and it helps speed things up at the actual event. Anyone that wants to get a head-start on it can give me the following information (preferably all info; if you're uncertain about something, say so, otherwise I'll assume you're 100% sure) either in this thread, by AIM, or by MSN:

Smash name:
either your username here on SWF, or whatever you prefer to be called in the tournament
*Contact information: not entirely sure if I'll need this for everyone, but please give me some way of contacting you, either if it's through this website or by email/IM
*Need a place to stay?: if yes, let me know, and I'll work work something out
Events you are planning on entering: self-explanatory, just list whatever events you WISH to attend, and don't take into account which day they're happening on, since I haven't confirmed that yet
Which days you will be attending: list whether you will attend saturday, sunday, or both (please try to plan for both, because at this point I am still uncertain which events will be happening on each day)
Bringing equipment?: bring whatever you can, especially TV's and game consoles, and let me know how much stuff you're bring

* denotes additional information, but I'd appreciate if you take the time to fill it out

With regards to equipment, bring any of the following if you are able to:
-TV
-Wii
-GCN
-N64
-game discs
-recording set-ups
-perhaps extension cables/power bars (I'll try to provide these myself though)

My contact info should be in my profile. I'll try to get a webform up for this asap, cause I want this to be really organized and amazing. I'll be taking pre-reg up until the Thursday before the tournament btw.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Pre Registration!

Smash Name: Blunted_Object10
Contact Information: Cell = 778-384-4670 or E-mail = browncurry@hotmail.com
I got my own place to stay;)
Events I plan on attending are... SSBM singles, doubles, crew battles, falcon only, SSB64 singles, doubles, and FFA! =D
I plan on attending all weekend including Fridays smashfest! :)
I can bring a set up for sure (Wii) + SSBM disc

Metà

Smash Master
About the smashfest, just in case I didn't mention this earlier. The friday smashfest is very likely going to be by invitation only. If I don't specifically say that a person can go, then it's assumed that they're not invited. It's not that I don't want everyone to play, it's that there's going to a limited amount of time, and this is mostly for traveling players (who aren't here often) and setting up equipment.

There's probably going to be a cap of around 20 players, which will include SFU smashfest regulars, top players, and traveling/OOP players. Anyone bringing a TV is also welcome, regardless of cap. I still want to know exactly who is coming though, so let me know if you want in on this, and I'll get back to you. (yes Eric, you're invited, lol)

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Smash name: RapeTrain
*Contact information: you got this nikkuh!!
*Need a place to stay?: Yes I'll be finding a comfortable couch saturday night at the uni.
Which days you will be attending: both
Bringing equipment?: melee setup+2 extra controller+vcr

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Smash name: Koskinator
*Contact information: DK_33@hotmail.com and Koskinator33 on aim
*Need a place to stay?: One of the big 'ol black leather couches in the lounge plz
Events you are planning on entering: Brawl singles and doubles, melee singles and doubles
Which days you will be attending: Saturday and Sunday for sure, possibly the smashfest on friday.
Bringing equipment?: Sadly not.

HYPEHYPEHYPE

Metà

Smash Master
In other news, SSB FFA may be canceled, because Jack is dumb.

I had a deal with him that I would host it if he helped me with some stuff, and he backed out apparently. If enough people still want to do it, I guess I could if there's time. $2 entrance fee kind of thing

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Evan, add an e-mail address. It's MUCH easier for people who want to pre-register who are just seeing this thread from the link on the posters or Peak. They're not gonna want to register for a forum or add a stranger to MSN. And they most likely won't have AIM.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Smash name: Smarties
Contact information: Koskinator or Lib3r4t3s phone #s
Need a place to stay?: One of the big 'ol black leather couches in the lounge that koski isn't sleeping on plz (or my auntz house maybe)
Events you are planning on entering: Brawl singles and doubles, Melee singles and doubles, 64 singles and doubles, all crew battles, falcon onlys, ffas, everything
Which days you will be attending: Saturday and Sunday for sure, possibly the smashfest on friday.
Bringing equipment?: TV, wii+melee/brawl+64/2 controllers.

Everyone wanna MM melee and Brawl?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Smash Name: Lib3r4t3
Contact Information: one two five zero four six zero zero zero three nine is my cell.
Need a place to stay?: Don't thinks so.
What events are you entering?: SSBM singles, doubles, low tier, brawl doubles, ssb singles, ffa, maybe brawl singles and ssb doubles.
Equipment: One Melee setup, maybe a TV.

Okanagan auto gets invite to friday smashfest, right?

Metà

Smash Master
Evan, add an e-mail address. It's MUCH easier for people who want to pre-register who are just seeing this thread from the link on the posters or Peak. They're not gonna want to register for a forum or add a stranger to MSN. And they most likely won't have AIM.
Yes, I realize that. This was only a temp thing, I now have this:

sfu.ssb [at] gmail.com

^ People can send to that now. That's the email I used for the Smash club me and Sean (kuro) tried to start earlier in the semester.

EDIT: Yes AJ, Okanagan is invited. I'll have a list up soon, maybe.

2nd EDIT: Low tier isn't confirmed as an event; I doubt there will be time for it, and I'd rather do crew battles anyway. Also, to anyone who wants to enter all events, just say 'all events'.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Smash name: Bwmat
contact information: irl
Need a place to stay?:nah
Events you are planning on entering: SSBM(singles,doubles(nathan?), crews falcon only), SSB64(singles, doubles(anybody?),)
Which days you will be attending: both
Bringing equipment?: -that small ****ty tv
-a wii
-a cube
-2 copies of melee(one burned, so can only work on my/a modded wii)
-a copy of brawl

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Smash name: SuPeRbOom
contact information: danh8850@hotmail.com or superboofman505
Need a place to stay?: evan's house and/or black couch at sfu
Events you are planning on entering: All events!
Which days you will be attending: both obv
Bringing equipment?: -maybe a wii and n64

ill be taking MM's in 64/brawl against anyone.

Metà

Smash Master
I play low tiers all the time as well, and enjoy low tier tournaments, but right now I'm placing a higher priority on crew battles, since we didn't get to do them last time. Crews were hella fun at SFU6 (aka TS1) though, and I'd like that to happen again.

EDIT: Actually, we may have a low tier event at the smashfest, but idk, it depends if enough people want to do it. I'd be down, Ness/Pikachu ftw

Sion

Island of Horizon
Low tiers events are what i play smash for... You should host one, Evan. You play a lot of good low tiers, so try to squeeze one in please =)

Register me, Coud, probably Broken and Rusted Fencepost too.

Metà

Smash Master
I'll probably do a small low tier event at the smashfest. Obviously not everyone can be at it though, it's not gonna be huge.

As the date gets closer, I'll have a better idea of how the events will be scheduled. Low tier is still a possibility, but I want to give crew battles the priority.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Smash name: Rampage
*Contact information: 778 385 6109
*Need a place to stay?: I call a couch
Events you are planning on entering: all ssbm events
Which days you will be attending: Both
Bringing equipment?: GC + melee

yeye falco only would be tight

Bwmat

Smash Ace
lol, before the tier list changed, nobody complained about DK in low tier >_>

I think I came in second in every low tier tourney I entered with him(lol eric/superboom)

Top Bottom