• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
...ok.
Mewtwo is not a pansy in smash. if u don't believe look up Taj. He posted a combo vid on youtube of his sic nasty mewtwo in action against human players.(reppin AZ all the way.)
anyway...shadow would not be too hard to control. you are over analyzing him. Second, shadow would most likely be a speedy character with a crazy good wavedash. Luigi slides when he moves and he is still a decent char.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
...ok.
Mewtwo is not a pansy in smash. if u don't believe look up Taj. He posted a combo vid on youtube of his sic nasty mewtwo in action against human players.(reppin AZ all the way.)
anyway...shadow would not be too hard to control. you are over analyzing him. Second, shadow would most likely be a speedy character with a crazy good wavedash. Luigi slides when he moves and he is still a decent char.
True, there are exceptional Mewtwo players like Taj and his Shadow Claw combo video or Mookierah's Believe In Yourself combo video but you have to keep in mind these are some of the best, if not, the best players of that certain character. I still think Shadow is severely overrated, not as much as Sephiroth, but still enough that it isn't right.

W4veMantis, that is exactly why I oppose of this topic. Because he's Shadow and he doesn't deserve his position in Brawl over Sonic anyday. Sonic seriously deserves his spot not only for being Sega's mascot and Japan's most requested third party character for Brawl but also because he's an icon and Shadow is not. Sonic is the prominent character of his franchise, Shadow's not. Sonic >>>>> emo the hedgehog.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
WOAH...hold on.
I didn't say that they should put shadow in over sonic. I like sonic better than shadow. I just think they should put him im Brawl.
...and calling Shadow emo because he lost the one he loves...thats just wrong.
Later...

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Emo stems from emotionally hardcore but simplified into emo. Shadow is emotionally hardcore over his dead, lame girlfriend and now mourns and moans lke an emo over his Maria, who is dead but just can't let go so he's emo. Hell, he even is emo for going around ranting on how he is the ultimate life form yet he needs guns and vehicles for his dirty work.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
WOAH...hold on.
I didn't say that they should put shadow in over sonic. I like sonic better than shadow. I just think they should put him im Brawl.
...and calling Shadow emo because he lost the one he loves...thats just wrong.
Later...
Everything you said is made of pure lawl. Mewtwo is absolute bottom tier for a reason. Shadow is a horrid two dimensional character, Big the Cat offered some of the most original gameplay in the game and Shadow is emo....and gay.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Down with emos. Shadow can form a Simple Plan-like band because he's THAT emo.

Oh, wow, Shadow passed the emo test with flying colors. Oh, wait, passed with damp colors.

StevenM

Smash Apprentice
If I've got this thread right, there's a lot of MM fans who don't want Shadow in Brawl because he's too 'emo'? Is that about it?

From a friend:

DimensionWarped said:
Anyway, I'll never understand why people like Zero and hate Shadow. Both characters are almost identical in regards to their emo-ness (significant female dies), alignment nature (dark changes to light, with recurring elements forcing darkness), and the whole general badass air about them. But I guess neurotic fan boys are just crazy about energy swords. The reliance on an energy sword is essentially the only difference once you get to the core. They both have their crippling bouts of amnesia and they both develop more relationships with humans than their good counterparts in spite of holding them in higher contempt.
Analyse that how you will. But I find it to be intriguing. Anyway, if anyone's going to have barely-disguised clones in Brawl, it'll be the Nintendo characters first. Keyphrases - Dr Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Sheik.

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah I started this thread and am a big supporter for shadow, but Zero and Shadow are nothing alike. 3 or 4 similarities doesn't make them closely related, IMO.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. She's as EMO as it gets.
So why support Zero and Dark Samus but not Shadow.
Sonic and Shadow are great counters.

Peeze

Smash Master
Well People say Shadow shouldn't be in Brawl for 2 basic reasons:
1. He's too 'emo'​
Which is simply a matter of opinion, since by their logic Zero, Dark Samus, Ganondorf, and Marth would be emo, because of their darker coloring and anti-social behavior
2. He would be a clone of Sonic​
Is Marth a clone of Link?
No? Why not, they're both 2-legged males, similar height, and they both have swords.
Oh yeah, Link has bombs, arrows, and a boomerang
Too bad Shadow has nothing to set himself apart from Sonic(besides superior strength, Chaos control, Chaos Blast, Chaos Spear, Skates, Close range weapons)

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Also there arent going to be any clones in Brawl so Shadow would not be a clone of Sonic. and just because Shadow uses guns it does not make him any less of a character. Fox and Samus have guns but that doesnt make them any less of a character. It still makes no sense why Shadow doesn't deserve to be in Brawl. The guys even had his own game.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Also there arent going to be any clones in Brawl so Shadow would not be a clone of Sonic. and just because Shadow uses guns it does not make him any less of a character. Fox and Samus have guns but that doesnt make them any less of a character. It still makes no sense why Shadow doesn't deserve to be in Brawl. The guys even had his own game.
No one ever said that there won't be clones. The reason his gun use is ******** is because it's too far off from the Sonic series and he has no place in it. Umm, Hillary Duff had her own game too, does that mean she should be in Brawl as well?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well People say Shadow shouldn't be in Brawl for 2 basic reasons:
1. He's too 'emo'​
Which is simply a matter of opinion, since by their logic Zero, Dark Samus, Ganondorf, and Marth would be emo, because of their darker coloring and anti-social behavior
2. He would be a clone of Sonic​
Is Marth a clone of Link?
No? Why not, they're both 2-legged males, similar height, and they both have swords.
Oh yeah, Link has bombs, arrows, and a boomerang
Too bad Shadow has nothing to set himself apart from Sonic(besides superior strength, Chaos control, Chaos Blast, Chaos Spear, Skates, Close range weapons)
Okay, that's understandable. But you miss the more logical reasons.

3. Shadow isn't unique.​
Shadow is pretty much another dark version of a hero character. These things are very overused in games. Shadow looks alot like Sonic, and shares his speciallities and weaknesses.

You said earlier in this thread that Shadow would indeed be a Sonic clone, and his special moves as Chaos Controll would be better suited as a Super Move. Skates are just for movement, and I think skates pretty much work the same as just running, and they wouldn't be involved in moves.

And if you mean knifes by close ranged weapons, I think they are banned from Smash Bros to. Since Sakurai said that he didn't wanted to use real life weapons in Brawl. Knifes are used pretty much the same as swords in some countries. But here in the western lands, a knife is pretty much an item for thugs and criminals. And IIRC, Snake won't use his combat knife either.

Also, in fighting games it's pretty much logical that Evil Version of Hero Character = Clone. And since Sonic and Shadow are looking very similair, and have similair abilities... I will still say Shadow would end up being a clone of Sonic.

4. Limited space.​

This is ofcoarse a problem to. Let's just face it, Shadow would only appear if Sonic is in Brawl.
Same with alot of other characters, Diddy for example can only appear if Donkey Kong is in there to. That's logical huh?

Now there's another problem, Shadow would take up a 3rd party character place. And, Mr. Sakurai said that they're probarly adding 1~2 new 3rd party characters, if one at all. Shadow also hails from the Sonic franchise, and seeing as Sonic would be a "guest" fighter, I don't think the Sonic franchise should be let's say, just as dominant as the Kirby franchise. They're guests after all, and shouldn't be overpresented.

Just realise this:
Some first party franchises still lack a second character. What would make Shadow this good addition to be putted as a second character from a 3rd party franchise?

I say, nothing.

Peeze

Smash Master
I don't know, I just can't see Sonic in Smash Brothers, his image(a hedgehog looking racing around for coins) just doesn't seem to fit Brawl.
It would be weird to see him fighting Link, IMO.

Peeze

Smash Master
Sonic battle has a totally different playing style than SSB. I never said he wasn't capable of beating @$$, but IMO Shadow looks more suited.
However, Sonic has more senority and a higher priority.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't know, I just can't see Sonic in Smash Brothers, his image(a hedgehog looking racing around for coins) just doesn't seem to fit Brawl.
It would be weird to see him fighting Link, IMO.
He has two fighting games already where he can opull his moves from. All they have to do is change it to the Smash Bros Style. And being weird is one of the reasons that makes Smash so great

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
maybe you're right. Shadow is pretty similar to sonic. If sonic is put in brawl, they should at least give him a shadow skin as a alt costume.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
You guys Need to see sonics first moive by ADVfilms sonic can fight metal sonic would be like his villain character in brawl. Silvers the new hedgehog hes cooler than shadow XD

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Sonic battle has a totally different playing style than SSB. I never said he wasn't capable of beating @$$, but IMO Shadow looks more suited.
However, Sonic has more senority and a higher priority.
Sure Shadow looks more equiped to be in Smash..and yeah, he probably should get in over Sonic in terms of fighting.

Sonic probably won't have much range..I don't see how he would. I wouldn't be surprised to see him wield coins for projectiles. He'd probably use his head quite often for attacks..but I can see him sidestepping, using a Fox-like back tilt, a Zelda-like down tilt, and a headbutt-like up tilt. He'll probably have a homing attack as an aerial..and his recovery can be Super Sonic-like. Won't be terribly hard.

koal

Smash Rookie
i dont see sonic haveing any kind of ranged attacks in ssbb, if anything i see him useing his homeing attack. Maybe in the same way ness uses his picka thunder attack same style but not causing too much damge. As far as normal attacks go I see him with a kickboxing style, just fighting with his feet because thats how it was in sonic battle and i think that worked out real well for him there. Maybe he could evan do three or four round house kicks as his up be attack to get back on the stage. Just a thought.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
yeah...and his light speed dash could be his up b recovery. throw out a couple of rings that the player could control and dash along the the path of rings. his down b could be his bounce attack like the one in the new sonic game or in sonic 3. and his smash b could be his spin dash attack that would be similar to jigglypuffs roll out attack. Sonic should be placed in brawl before shadow hands down. im not sayin that shadow shouldn't be in it, i just think that sonic is more popular and he pretty much is the head of the sega franchise. if sega wanted any character to represent them, it would most likely be sonic. Shadow should should get in over Knuckles and tails though.
just my opinion...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Shadow would make a perfectly good character. However, as has already been said, there are only a few slots available for thrid party characters, and, if Sonic got in, I doubt they'd put a similar looking character from the same games in. If Sonic doesn't get in, there's no chance for Shadow. He may be recognizable by Sonic fans, but the whole gaming community knows Sonic.

It's not impossible, just highly unlikely. Sonic, on the other hand, has a good chance of getting in.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Too true. It's pretty much whoever is the most popular are the ones that get put in and Sonic has been around way longer than Shadow...
...still, i'd love to see Shadow in brawl.

Top Bottom