• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Diddy Kong be banned from competitive Brawl?

Should Diddy Kong be banned from competitive play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ how awesome this game would be w/o diddy and MK
You think that's something? Just imagine how amazing the game would be with ONLY FALCON!
Ban Meta Knight, Snake, Diddy Kong, Falco, Wario, Marth, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pikachu, King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Kirby, Fox, R.O.B., Pit, Peach, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Wolf, (Zelda/Sheik), Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Ness, Pokémon Trainer, Yoshi, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf!

Forgotten Soul

Smash Rookie
you think that's something? Just imagine how amazing the game would be with only falcon!
Ban meta knight, snake, diddy kong, falco, wario, marth, ice climbers, olimar, pikachu, king dedede, mr. Game & watch, lucario, zero suit samus, toon link, kirby, fox, r.o.b., pit, peach, donkey kong, luigi, wolf, (zelda/sheik), sonic, ike, sheik, ness, pokémon trainer, yoshi, lucas, mario, bowser, samus, jigglypuff, link, zelda, and ganondorf!
no!! Not my main being banned!!it burnssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this is the internet. srs business only

etecoon

Smash Hero
LOL @ how awesome this game would be w/o diddy and MK
diddy = distorting the risk:reward for everything you do because he gets free follow ups based on premeditated actions that require no thought

guess where all the diddy refugees are going

:popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Since you said that despite the horrible timing of the thread that this is serious,
Citation is needed on #7.
Link me to where that interview came from or I will have to dismiss it as false.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
ROFL I would dance if the interview was real. Sakurai actually saying that he wanted MK to be broken.

And lol, how can you think it's serious? Did you read the arguments?

ChKn

Smash Ace
2. Diddy Kong is unbeatable, especially when he has two bananas out.
This isn’t really debatable, as Mew2King has said this. Therefore, it is FACT.
My favorite part of the argument lol.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
ROFL I would dance if the interview was real. Sakurai actually saying that he wanted MK to be broken.

And lol, how can you think it's serious? Did you read the arguments?
Actually, other than the reaaaally obvious, sarcastic ones, some of the comments were actually somewhat convincing. Especially pro-ban argument #2.

But some of the arguments were actually somewhat intelligent. Go figure.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Actually, other than the reaaaally obvious, sarcastic ones, some of the comments were actually somewhat convincing. Especially pro-ban argument #2.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Diddy Kong should be banned or not. I mean the opponent can infinite Diddy Kong if they get the banana (Not sure for all of the characters but I know that Dedede can do this to him). However, Diddy Kong has control of the bananas so it makes Diddy Kong kind of supreme in Brawl by having a unique, special, kind of overpowered technique (The Banana).

Every person that is arguing for diddy to be banned knows they are wasting their time right. I mean how long have we been talking about how broken mk is and that he needs to be banned? It is going to go exactly how the mk ban went because the majority of the BBR is either ****ing stupid or are *****-footing around banning stuff. It will go like this, First is "We haven't given other characters enough time to catch up and see if they can deal with him", then after a year or 2 "diddy has been in too long and it would be unfair to ban him and rob all those players of the time they put into their character". Oh and he shouldn't be banned

ChKn

Smash Ace
3. Our current rule set favours Diddy Kong too much!

Diddy Kong's effectiveness comes from the stages available to him, such as Final Destination. With the removal of such stages, his accessibility to broken elements of play (such as infinites) are drastically reduced.
How would you address the stage issue since that wasn't specified in the argument? What stage list is ideal to stop the problem that the anti-ban states in the quote above?

3. Diddy Kong can infinite the entire cast.
Another issue that can be traced back to his bananas is that Diddy can single-handedly infinite the entire cast with them. Unlike the ICs infinites, Dixie does not have to be nearby and he only requires a single banana to pull this off, on top of this, Diddy is actually a good character. This isn’t some match up-specific tomfoolery such as Dedede’s infinites, no… he does this to EVERYONE!
Typo?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Tbh we should ban Pit first. I mean, a Pit player can have an unlimited amount of projectiles at once! His voice is also soo much more annoying than Diddy's, it's obvious to me:

-Infinite Projectiles
-Distracting voice

He completely ruins the metagame with how campy he can be. His recovery is arguably better than Meta Knights and considered the best in the game. Case and point, Pit is broken.

Alright, finally.

The banning of M2K failed. It is about time we started talking about banning another character since the 3rd banning of a character attempt failed. Hopefully, everyone will realize that Snake, Falco, and M2K are totally broken and deserve to be banned. I forgot the ICs as well. Along with Wario, and DDD. Air camping and CG infinites, come on! Hmm... Olimar is annoying too. So I suppose a ban for him is jusitifed as well. This leaves only Marth has the only legit broken tier character.

Ghostbone

Smash Master

lol none of the arguments from Pro-ban hold any weight whatsoever.

Unless you're being sarcastic >.>

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Alright, finally.

The banning of M2K failed. It is about time we started talking about banning another character since the 3rd banning of a character attempt failed. Hopefully, everyone will realize that Snake, Falco, and M2K are totally broken and deserve to be banned. I forgot the ICs as well. Along with Wario, and DDD. Air camping and CG infinites, come on! Hmm... Olimar is annoying too. So I suppose a ban for him is jusitifed as well. This leaves only Marth has the only legit broken tier character.
M2K is a character?! How do I unlock?! Where is he on the tier list?! What's the character's playstyle like?! WHY HAVEN'T WE BANNED M2K YET?!

Tesh

Smash Hero
We should ban Olimar. He doesn't suffer hitlag on his smashes and he has a projectile that grabs you.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
a joke topic, surely. diddy is good, and super gay, but he's beatable.

edit: lol, saw this two days after april fools, didn't expect it. shaya, so much effort for a game you don't even play anymore...

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
It's not a joke. This is serious business. Vote now!

Yes (For, Straight, American)
No (Against, Gay, Terrorist)

rofllmaowhatajoke

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm sorry for being such a gay terrorist, but Diddy Kong packs quite a punch. And basically, didn't Mario got banned from competitive brawl? If so, one ban is enough. We don't want the banning process get out of control. Banning diddy is just pointless. I mean really, what do you find offensive to him. He's a monkey full of bananas. You can't hate him for that. he's got very good skills and almost great for beginners. I'd say not banning him is most fair.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wow i just saw this for the first time BY CHANCE. this should have a link to this thread be posted in every character board as hardly any1 comes in here and it is a MAJOR ISSUE.

here is why i am anti-ban.

so far the main arguements i see in the OP are he has infinites on everycharacter in the game, that items break competitive play, he has more national wins than MK, and that M2K says he should banned. so in order my responses are:

1. he has infinites on everycharacter in the game. however so do iceclimbers. while on can argue that these aren't on the same level since diddy can always pull out a banana but you can't get NANA back, that it's okay to ban diddy. however wouldn't it be better to just put tighter restrictions on all infinites instead of take a perfectly beatable character out of the game.

also before i continue i want to say that im against banning any character, so when i use that as an example, know that it is just an example.

also, it was pointed out that the fact that it takes tech skill out the wazoo shouldn't be taken into consideration. well then, has every1 forgotten that every character also has an infinite on diddy as well? it was proven that, while ridiculously hard to perform, every character can perform the footstool infinte or variations of it (i referance zss's infinite on him for this).

and on the note that diddy is unbeatable with 2 bananas on the field, i call bs. plenty characters have several options to deal with bananas. pit, falco, fox, wolf, all have reflectors which make banana play far more limited. also these characters (as can any other) can use bananas against diddy to their great advantage. since i main pit, ill use him for example. when pit has a banana, he can play keep away with it and diddy is then far limited as to being able to fight back. all i have to do is get 1 banana and i can effectively camp, comb, and kill him. i can even set up the infinite him out of glide toss since pit's glide toss is a natural dribble and if he isn't quick or rolls wrong, bam i can now infinite him. the ability to infinite diddy is one of the reasons he is not considered near bannable in japan. oh and just for referance MK has the easiest and most effective footstool lock as he can catch the banana with uair instead of z-catching.

2. items break competitive play. well wario can produce a bike and tires on command. these are indisputably items. also rob can produce the gyro, which again is indisputably an item, as are link and toon link's bombs. are we to say these characters should be banned because they have these items too? of course not. just because items are banned in general, character items have always been accepted as part of the game. plus, the arguement one item is more broken than another and thus should be banned is exactly like saying that one character is more broken than any other and should be banned. as we placed lgls to stop gay plank time outs, we could easily place an item hit limit to stop time outs. people need to learn to beat the item game on this character instead of just being lazy.

3. on the more wins at nationals than MK, may i remind you guys M2K was banned from that tourney? and didn't attend several other diddy won tourneys. just because diddy has a great ground control, this is like saying ban mk becaus of tornado and shuttle loop and no disadvantages, ban DDD's chaingrab because he gets to much free ground control damage, ban ice-climbers chaingrabs because it just takes one grab, or ban snake because he is just so broken. learn to deal with diddy. people complain because he is more obscure in many regions and new comers to him are overwhelmed due to lack of practice, that is all.

4. M2K said diddy is unbeatable with 2 bananas. if this was true, gnes or adhd would have won whobo recently. but they didn't. ally won USING METAKNIGHT AND SNAKE. thus that goes to show that metaknight and other characters are perfectly capable of beating diddy. don't let diddy's own brokeness make you forget that without diddy on the scene, we not only lose our dignity as smashers by banning a perfectly beatable character, we leave leave ourselves no counter character metaknight besides supposedly pika and falco.

lastly, on the whole diddy's best stages are neutrals, so? metaknight has no bad stages. the supposedly gay stages like RC and brinstar are not just there because of diddy. don't forget about iceclimbers, DDD, and falco. these stages are there to help fight them too. people complain that diddy's best stage is FD. well it's iceclimbers too. just make it your stage ban against them. personally as a pit main im fine with going against diddy at FD since i can out camp him and glide toss him into combos all the way accross the stage. and if my mid tier character can find a niche, just like mk or falco or any other characters that don't have a real problem fighting diddy, then the fact that this is being considered makes me lose faith in the smash community. i can guarentee that a lot of people will stop going to tourney's if this goes through as well.

trollnote: how is diddy being considered bannable over MK :troll:

(don't let the troll note fool you, the rest of this post is 100% serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom