• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown: CoT5 Prep - STREAM, PRIZES, CREW BATTLE, USA ATTENDANCE!

Patches

Smash Master
Ill let you know peachy. I'm not surer if I'm doing doubles yet, and inle wants to team as well. But ill let you know within the next couple of days?

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL, yeah, Dedede has plenty of kill power, but that doesn't help him set up for his partner. My brother doesn't play Dedede, he plays ROB and Mario. fUddO plays Pit and seems to think that Dedede can 2v1 so he goes and planks, niched plays SAMUS (I can't possibly imagine such a team ending well), though I might be able to team with Douhneill, his Olimar has been improving.

Also that match was silly Poke.

Also just watch me not be free, Peachy.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
never said I wouldnt team with Kong... just if another offer comes my way.. I'm more likely to take it mainly due to wanting to play with a variety of people. I may also turn them down and stick with Kong.. I have not made up my mind yet...

Dirt never said you were free, just don't expect an easy match from my lovely and graceful Peach~<3 Mario and D3 do have quite a few tricks up their sleeve... in terms of Mario Koing and mario can set up D3 to ko as well, I've seen it done it's just tricky. D3 and R.O.B. can't say if that team will go over well... ROBs laser will more than likely hit D3 a lot due to his large frame which can be bad if you are about to ko or even ruin your spacing.. and I don't think they have many ko options together outside of grabs... not to mention ROB will be running away the match once again leaving D3 to a possible 2v1.. which I think you said you dont think is a good idea.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know you didn't. The Peach MU is just the Mario MU all over again with me. Also your float saying screw you to frame advantage. Why can't you be Marth and give me free FSmashes, why?

Also idk about teams. I really should do teams, since I'm already registered for CoT5, but I need to team with someone who can actually complement my character and isn't hitting me with arrows the entire match.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Dirt.. if you are that concerned... how about you team with me then? Peach D3... lmao never seen that team... but i cant set you up a lot. Dair - your dash attack... fthrow - utilt/smash I can slap them back into your dthrow lol~ the list goes on... then again I often stock tank... so you would have to go 2v1 sometimes.. but if they actually focus on me I'll chip them away~

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL Peach Dedede? Actually, I think that could work. It'd be gimmicky as hell, but I love gimmicks.

I'ma youtube to see if its ever been done before.

*EDIT* Apparently Junk and Sky teamed once.
*EDIT2* *actually watches matches* Junk's Dedede looks an awful lot like Metaknight...

Patches

Smash Master
Sky = <3 one of the most amazing people I know.

Also, peachy. I think ill take up your offer on teams, if you want to. I've teamed with niko, and we did pretty well. Its an interesting team, but its all fun.

Let me knoww if you still want to team or not.

Also. I should be able to bring a tv, and put fishy as a maybe.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Tell Fishy I want a MM. His Wario vs. any of my characters, $5 bo3.

For reference, the official "List of Characters Supreme Dirt Plays" is as follows:
:dedede:
:gw:
:ganondorf:
:link2:
:toonlink:
:sheilda:
:pt:
:luigi2:
:lucario:
:wario:
:metaknight:
:falco:
:snake:

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Hehe now I have quite the options to choose from... Patches GW Dirts D3 and Kongs Diddy/MK
This is quite intresting indeed...

Patches I play very differently from Niko... as you probably know already lol <3 I think your agression and my Defence would fit hand in hand <3

Dirt.. Your D3 is very intresting to me Gimmicks are always fun... and this would be a new team to me~ Would it go over well? I can't say for sure since I have not played your D3 but you do seem confident with him... if I got to play you sometime before the tourney would be awesome.. if its a 1v1 or 2v2.

Kong We did exceptionally well for someone who apparently never doubles... we had a good flow but I have serious problems with his diddy... his MK is on par though! While the obvious choice would be to team with him again to strive to get better.. I don't want to limit out other great brawlers who I may or may not do better with~

I'll def think this over.. and if anyone of you want to no longer double before I answer.. please let me know~

Patches

Smash Master
Sounds good Peachy.

Dirts just money matching everyone. Damn.

Also, dirt. Two mms. Dedede dittos, and then gaw vs dedede?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Sounds good Peachy.

Dirts just money matching everyone. Damn.

Also, dirt. Two mms. Dedede dittos, and then gaw vs dedede?
YES. And lol yeah I am MMing everyone. I'm stepping it up to get better at Dedede. I'm somewhat good, but the gap between mid-level and high-level Dedede is absolutely enormous.

Speaking of that, Peachy, $5 MM :peach: vs. :dedede: bo3?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yes indeed.

Oh, and the total amount of MMs I have right now is 11, counting CoT5 MMs.

CoT5
Normal
Seagull Man :wolf: vs. :sheilda: bo3 $5
Seagull Man :metaknight: vs. :dedede: bo3 $5
ch33s3 :popo: vs. :sheilda: $5 bo3 2 stage bans
ch33s3 :popo: vs. :lucario: $5 bo3 2 stage bans
SnackAttack :dedede: vs. :wario: $1 bo3
SnackAttack :ganondorf: vs. :wario: $1 bo3
Total: $22
Burger Challenge
Tin Man :olimar: vs. :dedede: bo3
Pending
None.

Showdown in Downtown
MPrime ??? vs. :dedede: $10 bo5
Iliad :falcon: vs. :dedede: $5 bo3
Pathcheese :dedede: vs. :dedede: $2 bo3
Pathcheese :gw: vs. :dedede: $2 bo3
Fishy :wario: vs. :gw: $5 bo3
Total: $24
Pending
Googs :diddy: vs. :ganondorf: $5 bo3
Googs :diddy: vs. :dedede: $5 bo3

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
I get people to pay for me... I never pay <333 lol doubt I'll have money on me that day outside of bus fare or something... speaking of which... anyone would like to house me incase it goes late? I'm asking like weeks in advance so yea~ btw dirt do you play on wifi? Despite lag I think knowing the basis of our play may help me decide who I team with lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually I was talking to Verm and he gave me a tip to reduce wifi lag by a lot.

I port-forward, so when I play Brawl, it has the highest traffic priority. So even if the other person's connection is ***, the port-forwarding makes it bearable.
Though I don't have wireless internet, so I can't do WiFi.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Actually, I just said that D3 is a TERRIBLE doubles character in general, nothing in specific about 1v2.

I'll probably need a doubles partner. I play Pit, Pit, Pit, Pit, and Pikachu. But not really Pikachu.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
And I agree to disagree. I'd totally namesearch bait TC in here, but I won't.

Also lol, $5 MM :pit: vs. :dedede: bo3? Might as well stay consistent in MMing everyone.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, and Kongmetal, $3 MM :diddy: vs. :ganondorf:?

Also, I'ma create a facebook event for this.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
I have to say.. that d3 in the right hands... can be amazing in doubles! D3 can stock tank while being agressive... it can be an annoyance to fight agaisnt a D3 in doubles... because he like never dies and can suicide at higher %s if done right to give a total stock adcantage or to even things up. Though being so large... Projectile happy players may find themselves getting into D3s way without meaning to... because D3 is that big lol. It can be an annoyance to team with D3 due to his somewhat hard to land ko attacks.. and will probably rely on set ups to ko with light hitters, but grabs is the key factor... if D3 is paying attention his fsmash will probably always hit from his partners fthrow... and his dthrow can be infinite by some characters tilts/jabs. :3

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just saying if my brother ends up going I'll be teaming with him, Peachy.

He says he'll have an answer for me by next week, so yeah.

Top Bottom