• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown: CoT5 Prep - STREAM, PRIZES, CREW BATTLE, USA ATTENDANCE!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Dayum, so many MM's going off

Attending with Wii + Brawl (Hacked).
Plus my Tv.
Bringing 2 TV's dunno bout Wii's yet. All of Whitby but josh so far confirmed. Josh still might come.
Sky = <3 one of the most amazing people I know.

Also, peachy. I think ill take up your offer on teams, if you want to. I've teamed with niko, and we did pretty well. Its an interesting team, but its all fun.

Let me knoww if you still want to team or not.

Also. I should be able to bring a tv, and put fishy as a maybe.

:phone:
I appreciate the setups guys. Its what makes things like this successful :).

I'm going, sounds proper
I'm interested and will be heading down there bright and early.
Great to see new faces here :)!

Sounds good Peachy.

Dirts just money matching everyone. Damn.

Also, dirt. Two mms. Dedede dittos, and then gaw vs dedede?

^ iknowrite

I have to say.. that d3 in the right hands... can be amazing in doubles! D3 can stock tank while being agressive... it can be an annoyance to fight agaisnt a D3 in doubles... because he like never dies and can suicide at higher %s if done right to give a total stock adcantage or to even things up. Though being so large... Projectile happy players may find themselves getting into D3s way without meaning to... because D3 is that big lol. It can be an annoyance to team with D3 due to his somewhat hard to land ko attacks.. and will probably rely on set ups to ko with light hitters, but grabs is the key factor... if D3 is paying attention his fsmash will probably always hit from his partners fthrow... and his dthrow can be infinite by some characters tilts/jabs. :3
Excellent post. D3's size is also a big factor to his interference issues.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
DDD is amazing in doubles with :metaknight: :gw: :wario: :peach: and a few other people. I can write an essay on why lol

And no I didn't search DDD or TC. Just droppin' some support to Tin Man and hoping Dirt reps that penguin ;)

:dedede:

Also LOL at me ending up in here anyway. I just read page 5...lmao.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Patches I'll be teaming with Kong this time... he gave me an offer I couldnt refuse~ Next time I for sure will team with you if you want kay? :3

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
I main :metaknight: now :cool:

Let's see...

Googs, your DiddyKong vs my Kirby or ROB?

Surpreme, we already needed to do our Ganon vs CF match...(the one that you said is 51:49) LawL.

Patches, yo Snake vs my Kirby?

my characters yo
:metaknight::rob::wolf::diddy::falcon::falco::ike::kirby::sheik::snake: :random:

-Googs

Smash Lord
my diddy vs your snake 10$ Bo3 darkshadow?
and i'll mm your kirby with diddy 3$
-----------------------------------------------
Before the new ruleset was announced we were using the old unity, and people confirmed before the new ruleset came out so I think picto should be legal only because consistency is important. After this one we should use the most up to date. I mean it's only logical you can't just be changing the rules on such short notice, you also can't go back on your word thats being a bad T.O

Mprime

Smash Ace
Before the new ruleset was announced we were using the old unity, and people confirmed before the new ruleset came out so I think picto should be legal only because consistency is important. After this one we should use the most up to date. I mean it's only logical you can't just be changing the rules on such short notice, you also can't go back on your word thats being a bad T.O
I 100% agree with this, consistency plays a huge factor in the smash scene. It's not good for a T.O. to change the rules last minute. It's irresponsible to assume people can adapt within a few weeks b4 tourney
I.E. Tin
. I understand using this new rule set for our future tournies, but let's be real here guys, we should stick with the original plan.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I 100% agree with this, consistency plays a huge factor in the smash scene. It's not good for a T.O. to change the rules last minute. It's irresponsible to assume people can adapt within a few weeks b4 tourney
I.E. Tin
. I understand using this new rule set for our future tournies, but let's be real here guys, we should stick with the original plan.
This is my point, I think it's at least healthy to discuss it.

Would anybody else like to MM me?

-Googs

Smash Lord
I thought we already agreed to that, as well as ganon 5$ Bo3.
I'm really bad at the DDD MU so I want exp so I look forward to this

Jupiter354

Smash Rookie
I'm down, sounds awesome. I made a post on the a and c facebook annoucement about it.

Only confusion I had was about the payout, why is it listed as a percent? Is it based on however much cash you guys have from the entry fees put together?

Anyways, can't wait, I'm psyched!

fUddO

Smash Ace
I'm down, sounds awesome. I made a post on the a and c facebook annoucement about it.

Only confusion I had was about the payout, why is it listed as a percent? Is it based on however much cash you guys have from the entry fees put together?

That's exactly it. The more people there, the bigger the pot.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
I may need a doubles partner if anyones interested. (Thats if Tdawg ends up not playing doubles)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
who wants to mm me

tin my mk vs your diddy?
Maybe if I have time

Short notice is a subjective argument.

This is said at the top of the rule set:

"Changes to this ruleset can be made at any time and without warning, for which we will update the version based on the significance of the change."

Keitaro was using 1.0 for ktar5 but now 1.1 of course. Its the fact that we are using "unity" and not just unity 1.0 per se.

Glad to hear from you :).

Yooooooo Tinman, if we don't play in tourney, :sonic: vs :olimar: $5MM bo3??
Maybe if I have time

-Googs

Smash Lord
Maybe if I have time

Short notice is a subjective argument.

This is said at the top of the rule set:

"Changes to this ruleset can be made at any time and without warning, for which we will update the version based on the significance of the change."

Keitaro was using 1.0 for ktar5 but now 1.1 of course. Its the fact that we are using "unity" and not just unity 1.0 per se.
You're missing my point. Also, the fact that one T.O does something doesn't mean you should follow. I had hoped you were a more independent individual than that. KTAR also will have about 4 times our attendance, and is a regional not a local therefore would probably be more controversial. I think it's a general assumption that GTA enjoys picto and that it wouldn't hurt to do what you had originally said you would/planned. Poor T.O'ing if you ask me

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Wow MM are really flying around this time haha. I don't mind Picto as Peach has some gimmicks on it, but the randomness of the stage can be... really annoying. The stage gimping someone trying to recover for example lol. I don't pick it often, but I do pick it for fun, cant say i'm sad to see it finally gone. :p

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I said I would follow Unity, and that's what I'm doing. I even posted updates in the PR thread.

I'm also rather certain that Unity was updated before to 1.1 before this thread was up.

I also stated I may not necessarily follow Unity exactly (MK26 asked if I would)

This is also a CoT5 prep tourney and will use a rule set that CoT5 is using. The Unity Rule set.

Top Bottom