• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sliq is Amazing and so Can You! *Now with Smileypants Bowser Avatar!*

Tenki

Smash Hero
I HAVE A REQUEST! :O

Figure out away to shieldpressure someone, and break their shield. ATM I only have limited ways to do that.

Maybe it's luck, but it would be Ganondorf's field day to break someone's shield.

WARLOCKMURDER PUNCH uses!
step 1. SS' ur opponents shield into breaking
step 2. use Side taunt ->
step 3. 360 warlock punch
step 4. kill yourself your never going to be more manly then u just were
This.

Figured from someone's gameplay online that he'd shield if he landed near a partly-done u-tilt.

and I got him to shield it twice, and I pulled it off.

such an epic way to end the game ;__; it'll never happen again.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i beat tink's wario w/ ganondorf (used ganon for 4 matches, g&w one for 1) in tournament last weekend and im pretty sure i read this thread some time before that. i was doing crazy wizards foot ledge cancels. so THANKS SLIQ! :) :) :)

Sliq

Smash Master
I HAVE A REQUEST! :O

Figure out away to shieldpressure someone, and break their shield. ATM I only have limited ways to do that.

Maybe it's luck, but it would be Ganondorf's field day to break someone's shield.

This.

Figured from someone's gameplay online that he'd shield if he landed near a partly-done u-tilt.

and I got him to shield it twice, and I pulled it off.

such an epic way to end the game ;__; it'll never happen again.
When someone is close to the ledge, a well placed fair, when they shield it, forces them off the stage (they slide right onto the ledge). So when someone is near the ledge, as long as you hit their shield, you can spam fair. Watch out for spot dodging. If you space well enough, they should still be hit with the fair if they roll towards you.

Ganon doesn't need to shield pressure as much since he has the Murder Choke, but you can condition your opponent to shield more by attacking their shield with fairs. Then, you can over b them. Then, you can fair in stead of over b, because they spot dodge thinking an over b is coming.

Breaking someone's shield with a character with no multi hit moves is heavily reliant on landing an absurdly strong move and hoping you can break their shield after that.

Sliq

Smash Master
I think I'm going to update with some more stuff soon, including the double dair and what I have dubbed the "Super Tipman."

If oyu full hop and immediately dair, you can double jump dair again and land with no lag.

Furthermore, you don't have to dair a second time. You can just double jump away, or do a different aerial.

This is useful for owning taller opponents, such as DK. Furthermore, since shields go taller than people, you can hit shorter people's sheilds with it. What this means: you can double dair someone's shield, completely obliterating it.

Furthermore, a lot of people will try to shield grab you, letting you land the second stomp, or they will try to jump out of shield and punish you, letting you land the second stomp.

It's pretty useful, if only for the fact that it adds diversity to your game and keep's your opponents guessing.

The Super Tipman is just ledgehopping an up air, and then regrabbing the ledge instantly with the Murder Choke. It gives you the oppurtunity to Tipman spike someone, while allowing he ledge to give you invulnerability, and even allowing you to edge hog people.

I didn't really discover these two things, but theyt are definately worth mentioning in here.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I think I'm going to update with some more stuff soon, including the double dair and what I have dubbed the "Super Tipman."

If oyu full hop and immediately dair, you can double jump dair again and land with no lag.

Furthermore, you don't have to dair a second time. You can just double jump away, or do a different aerial.

This is useful for owning taller opponents, such as DK. Furthermore, since shields go taller than people, you can hit shorter people's sheilds with it. What this means: you can double dair someone's shield, completely obliterating it.

Furthermore, a lot of people will try to shield grab you, letting you land the second stomp, or they will try to jump out of shield and punish you, letting you land the second stomp.

It's pretty useful, if only for the fact that it adds diversity to your game and keep's your opponents guessing.

The Super Tipman is just ledgehopping an up air, and then regrabbing the ledge instantly with the Murder Choke. It gives you the oppurtunity to Tipman spike someone, while allowing he ledge to give you invulnerability, and even allowing you to edge hog people.

I didn't really discover these two things, but theyt are definately worth mentioning in here.
I was thinking of going to the "Gdof" thread and saying "failthread is fail" but I saw your complaint about not having this thread on top so I checked. This is definitely worth looking into.

What a beautiful dark day it would be when Ganondorf is destroying shields, going OOOOOAAAAAAHH and landing a reverse Murder Punch on someone :x

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
Good **** Sliq for making this thread. I've played you a couple of times online but lag doesn't do your Ganon any justice. This definitely helps out all the Ganon mains out there. All 10 of us.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
sliq I found another murder punch recovery at delfino plaza when the platform starts to fall at the three island platforms with water at the bottom. jump off the higher platforms then reverse murder punch not much use just felt like sharing.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
btw the murder fist recovery is simply using the mechanics of the aerial B-reversal with any character (the one that was by Candy and Gonzo)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace

here.
This is a highly effective technique that I frequently used in melee with Ganon. The second Dair would often shield poke. The shield lag from the Dair was usually great enough to allow you to perform the second Dair without punishment, but b/c shield lag doesn't exist in Brawl, I would expect punishment to be much easier if the opponent knows what to watch out for.

Anyway, as long as you have variety in your game it would work.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Something that I've been messing around with lately and I actually find it pretty useful, is you know how ledgejumps can be canceled out very early now? You can do it with gerudo and wizard's foot pretty well but you can also do it with double jump. If you do it early enough and move towards the stage, it's almost like Ganon has an actual ledgehop.

One of the moves I've been using after this is stomp, because if you don't fast fall it you'll end up with no lag. The downside is it has a limited hitbox that will only hit taller characters and approaching ones most of the time. The other (and more useful I think) is f-air, it has great range, great spacing ability. and the ability to KO. You can hit people that are fairly far into the stage with this. Problem is the lag, but it does have the good shield push back. Just watch out for missing.

Not exclusive to Ganon but definitely helpful.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
^Lol I guess it's completely my mistake. I should automatically assume everybody uses it even though I haven't heard of it mentioned once or seen any Ganon videos where someone uses it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This thread is stupidly hilarious. I walk into here and I start laughing. For ten minutes straight.

You're gonna murder me with that hilarious ****.

BTW, you need to fix the section that says Murder PUNCH recovery to FIST.

Sliq

Smash Master
Wow, just started using him the other day and now I have to try a lot of this out. Um... why not just use the c-stick if you don't want to fast fall?
Using the c-stick for dair makes you auto-fastfall if you are descending. I'm not sure if this is the same if you only tilt the c-stick downward slowly as opposed to smashing it down, but even if that is the case, it isn't going to be useful at all.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I hear that if you have the C-Stick set to "Attack" rather than "Smash" it doesn't force you to fast-fall. I've never tried it out, though.

The REAL mystery that everyone seems to be overlooking is this:

How the **** did you get away with typing **** in the title of **** Fastfalling without setting off the censors???

GG Sliq...just 222good

Sliq

Smash Master
I hear that if you have the C-Stick set to "Attack" rather than "Smash" it doesn't force you to fast-fall. I've never tried it out, though.

The REAL mystery that everyone seems to be overlooking is this:

How the **** did you get away with typing **** in the title of **** Fastfalling without setting off the censors???

GG Sliq...just 222good
That's true about the c-stick and me being 222good, but I prefer c-stick smashes, so I can pivot it for greater distance. although, having tilts available all the time could be useful. I'll have to experiment.

Sliq

Smash Master
I updated some ****. Added the Super Tipman, the Murder Quake, the Murder Chin, Stutter Step Murder Elbow, Crazy *** Flying Murder Choke, and the Murder Slide.

I'm taking suggestions as to what I should do videos for, and if videos are necessary for certain techniques.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
On the Murder Quake, you might want to add that it does about 1-2% less than a Thunderpunch, but it is his fastest ground move. It also has less range in front than the Thunderpunch.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
If you look closely enough at the gold thing on Ganondorf's forehead, you see the reflection of you being Murder Punched.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Good stuff here Sliq. I'm really thinking about just saying fu
ck it and maining Ganon just cause he's the most fun; I like your tricks.

I should also let you know however, that his fair is called "the cockknock." And the phenomenon of the dair hitting people through the platforms of BF is actually because Ganon can spike you with his face. ALSO, when you do autocancelled dairs across the stage, I propose this be known as the "Murder Pogo" because really fast AC'd dairs look like he's on a pogostick.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Good stuff here Sliq. I'm really thinking about just saying fu
ck it and maining Ganon just cause he's the most fun; I like your tricks.

I should also let you know however, that his fair is called "the cockknock." And the phenomenon of the dair hitting people through the platforms of BF is actually because Ganon can spike you with his face. ALSO, when you do autocancelled dairs across the stage, I propose this be known as the "Murder Pogo" because really fast AC'd dairs look like he's on a pogostick.
hyuga your censor bypass methods are weak but your ganondorf technique naming is strong

you might be able to remedy this with a healthy dosage of terranigma.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Might I add to this trove of info that if you hit people with the VERY end of Ganon's uair while they're recovering, they die...Ok, not exactly, but the last segment of animation before he pulls the hitbox in is almost directly beneath him, and the angle that it sends people at is **** near vertically down.

Top Bottom