• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I always feel so bad killing the Luma.
I was playing against a Rosalina earlier and I just kept killing the Luma over and over and over.
That cry will haunt my dreams.
Now why would go out of your way to kill such an innocent creature?
Heartless beast.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I unlocked someone with a Falcon Punch to the face. I can't remember who, though. Been a while. XD

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I swear, I love SmashRun, but I F**KING HATE Plasma Wisps.

Really, how those weaklings in Kirby games have so high knockback?

And why some sword users can damage Ghastlies while others don't?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance, Episode 2: Korra Alone stuff.
I called it! I FREAKING CALLED IT! Korra meets Toph as her guide, healer, or mentor! Anyway, episode 2 was really sad and they really made it feel like it was real since it takes very long to recover like that. First, she's been poisoned with a metallic liquid, which people guessed was mercury. In the last fight in Book 3, she did have an extremely hard landing, so her legs are messed up. Getting choked out like that and being that close to death lead to PTSD. Korra suffered so much. Her journey might mirror Toph's who did leave Republic City after what a happened with Suyin and Lin. Apparently she wanted to find enlightenment which is similar to Korra leaving to find her Avatar self again and Raava - her own enlightenment.

Also, two other things I like: Korra writing to Asami only. I ship Korrasami. Embarrass And the other: I like Korra in green and with short hair more than regular, Water Tribe Korra. Oh, and the scene where Korra makes her way to Naga was sweet and sad. So very sad.

Onto Smash. I had the unfortunate experience of meeting three spammers. One was a Ness named "Gabito" or something like that. He did nothing, I REPEAT: DID NOTHING, but spam PK Thunder. Not the PK Thunder shot, but the PK Thunder tackle-launch-thing. It was so freaking annoying that I personally made it my mission to kill him whenever possible and let the other two play it out normally. I had one Sudden Death with him and it was so satisfying to Up Smash him with Captain Falcon's big toe - I barely hit him while he was charging another PK Thunder. I think the other players were too preoccupied or they knew so they let me wail on the jerk.

The second was a Luigi who spammed Luigi Tornado. Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as before since one guy was a try-hard Captain Falcon. His Capt. was good and he's probably a textbook example of how to play as the Capt.; Knee of Justice set ups, bair approaches and edge-guarding, nipple spiking, you name it. That lead to an issue where his goal was to murder everyone. My goal was to murder the Luigi spammer, but he kept attacking everyone else. Nothing, but Luigi Tornado and Green Missile, such a pain in the freaking -bleep-.

Finally, there was a Kirby who spammed Stone and Hammer, but he did use other moves from time to time, but his use of Stone made it so predictable, but battles are chaotic meaning that nobody's going to be able to know everything's that going on. Not a bad spammer like the other two, but a spammer nonetheless. I had a Sudden Death match where all four of us were involved. Everyone, but me, went after Marth who was a good Marth/Lucina player. I didn't go since I expect someone to rush against me - it didn't happen. Anyway, I shot a fully drawn arrow at Mario and Kirby, once again, tried to use Stone against me. Really? Come on, everyone knows you're going to do that. At least fake me out or something. The matched ended when I grabbed him and threw him pass the barrier. TOON LINK REPRESENT! :p

Edit: Added a spoiler to the stuff on the recent Korra episode; I assumed that people would have seen it by now... That's what I get for assuming.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I swear, I love SmashRun, but I F**KING HATE Plasma Wisps.

Really, how those weaklings in Kirby games have so high knockback?

And why some sword users can damage Ghastlies while others don't?
Gastly can only be harmed by projectiles.
This is why Rosalina is top tier.
Nobody kills the Luma because they get sad if they do.
I don't.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I called it! I FREAKING CALLED IT! Korra meets Toph as her guide, healer, or mentor! Anyway, episode 2 was really sad and they really made it feel like it was real since it takes very long to recover like that. First, she's been poisoned with a metallic liquid, which people guessed was mercury. In the last fight in Book 3, she did have an extremely hard landing, so her legs are messed up. Getting choked out like that and being that close to death lead to PTSD. Korra suffered so much. Her journey might mirror Toph's who did leave Republic City after what a happened with Suyin and Lin. Apparently she wanted to find enlightenment which is similar to Korra leaving to find her Avatar self again and Raava - her own enlightenment.

Also, two other things I like: Korra writing to Asami only. I ship Korrasami. Embarrass And the other: I like Korra in green and with short hair more than regular, Water Tribe Korra. Oh, and the scene where Korra makes her way to Naga was sweet and sad. So very sad.

Onto Smash. I had the unfortunate experience of meeting three spammers. One was a Ness named "Gabito" or something like that. He did nothing, I REPEAT DID NOTHING, but spam PK Thunder and not the PK Thunder shot, but the PK Thunder tackle-launch-thing. It was so freaking annoying that I personally made it my mission to kill him whenever possible and let the other two play it out normally. I had one Sudden Death with him and it was so satisfying to Up Smash him with Captain Falcon's big toe - I barely hit him while he was charging another PK Thunder. I think the other players were too preoccupied or they knew so they let me wail on the jerk.

The second was a Luigi who spammed Luigi Tornado. Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as before since one guy was a try-hard Captain Falcon. His Capt. was good and he's probably a textbook example of how to play as the Capt., Knee of Justice set ups, bair approaches and edge-guarding, nipple spiking, you name it. That lead to an issue where his goal was to murder everyone. My goal was to murder the Luigi spammer, but he kept attacking everyone else. Nothing, but Luigi Tornado and Green Missile, such a pain in the freaking -bleep-.

Finally, there was a Kirby who spammed Stone and Hammer, but he did use other moves from time to time, but his use of Stone made it so predictable, but battles are chaotic meaning that nobody's going to be able to know everything's that going on. Not a bad spammer like the other two, but a spammer nonetheless. I had a Sudden Death match where all four of us were involved. Everyone, but me, went after Marth who was a good Marth/Lucina player. I didn't go since I expect someone to rush against me, it didn't happen. Anyway, I shot a fully drawn arrow at Mario and Kirby, once again, tried to use Stone against me. Really? Come on, everyone knows you're going to do that. At least fake me out or something. The matched ended when I grabbed him and threw him pass the barrier. TOON LINK REPRESENT! :p
@TJ-Works

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What about those two? Are you saying they can kill gastly? Not from my experience.
Don't they have a custom move that sends a projectile? Does "wind gusts" count as a projectile? What about Counter?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I fought someone named "NotRmada". I have no idea who it is, but I'm a very paranoid man.
For the record, they played the black and yellow Peach.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Help me out, classic controller or pro controller?

Both will work with smash 4, but classic works with brawl, which I wanna use with project m. Not to mention the wii virtual console.
Wii U pro, I have heard nothing but praise for, like 80 hour battery life.

Unless for some reason I can get both, which should I go for?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Onto Smash. I had the unfortunate experience of meeting three spammers. One was a Ness named "Gabito" or something like that. He did nothing, I REPEAT: DID NOTHING, but spam PK Thunder. Not the PK Thunder shot, but the PK Thunder tackle-launch-thing. It was so freaking annoying that I personally made it my mission to kill him whenever possible and let the other two play it out normally. I had one Sudden Death with him and it was so satisfying to Up Smash him with Captain Falcon's big toe - I barely hit him while he was charging another PK Thunder. I think the other players were too preoccupied or they knew so they let me wail on the jerk.

The second was a Luigi who spammed Luigi Tornado. Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as before since one guy was a try-hard Captain Falcon. His Capt. was good and he's probably a textbook example of how to play as the Capt.; Knee of Justice set ups, bair approaches and edge-guarding, nipple spiking, you name it. That lead to an issue where his goal was to murder everyone. My goal was to murder the Luigi spammer, but he kept attacking everyone else. Nothing, but Luigi Tornado and Green Missile, such a pain in the freaking -bleep-.

Finally, there was a Kirby who spammed Stone and Hammer, but he did use other moves from time to time, but his use of Stone made it so predictable, but battles are chaotic meaning that nobody's going to be able to know everything's that going on. Not a bad spammer like the other two, but a spammer nonetheless. I had a Sudden Death match where all four of us were involved. Everyone, but me, went after Marth who was a good Marth/Lucina player. I didn't go since I expect someone to rush against me - it didn't happen. Anyway, I shot a fully drawn arrow at Mario and Kirby, once again, tried to use Stone against me. Really? Come on, everyone knows you're going to do that. At least fake me out or something. The matched ended when I grabbed him and threw him pass the barrier. TOON LINK REPRESENT! :p
Could you at least out a spoiler tag in there?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Avatar's a bit dark (couldn't find another good shot of the character that also had better lighting) but otherwise....can anyone tell where this character's from? :p

________

Also intent on getting my 3DS' online set up tonight. CPUs get boring to fight real quickly.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Avatar's a bit dark (couldn't find another good shot of the character that also had better lighting) but otherwise....can anyone tell where this character's from? :p

________

Also intent on getting my 3DS' online set up tonight. CPUs get boring to fight real quickly.
You mean Mike Meyers? Yeah I think we all can remember him.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
HOW DARE YOU?! YOU MUST WATCH KORRA THIS INSTANT!

Sorry, I thought people would have seen it by now since I just watched it about 30 minutes ago.
What even...
The point was pointed out by a not so pointy Blargg.
What does that even mean? I don't think I'm that dull.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Falco's new taunts aren't too bad. "Get some, Piece of cake." Gotta get that taunt chain going.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Meanwhile, only use Fox's side taunt, never anything else.
Honestly, I'm liking Falco more in this game than I ever did in Brawl and Melee for some reason. The only thing that sucks to me is his Blaster. But other than that, I'm liking his playstyle this time around. Though I still have a slight preference to Fox.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What even...

What does that even mean? I don't think I'm that dull.
Blargg! ... Blargg? Blargg blarggity blargg-blargg. Blaaaaaargg....

Falco's new taunts aren't too bad. "Get some, Piece of cake." Gotta get that taunt chain going.
Everytime I hear "Get some!", I think of Jak X: Combat Racing. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE said that when they killed someone or someone got caught in their trap.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
IT'S A NECESSARY EVIL THAT I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO WIN
You... Either die a hero... Or you live long enough... To see yourself become... the Villain. *thunder sounds*

Your first kill... They say you will always see your first kill. You will... Never forget... Never.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Blargg! ... Blargg? Blargg blarggity blargg-blargg. Blaaaaaargg....

Everytime I hear "Get some!", I think of Jak X: Combat Racing. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE said that when they killed someone or someone got caught in their trap.
Blargg isn't a pokemon. Get your facts straight! I don't like your stupid circular facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom