• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just of all the things I had to lose, it wasn't the pointless equipment or the trophies, but the only real new thing I got the entire time.
Exactly. It's not coincidence. Somehow it decided to take that instead of the others. It can't be just a fluke, there's something more to this.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Exactly. It's not coincidence. Somehow it decided to take that instead of the others. It can't be just a fluke, there's something more to this.
Well remember, it's not TRUE RNG but PSEUDO RNG...it's not perfect you know so it might miscalculate probability...just slightly :troll:

But honestly, it does feel like it...

Staarih

Smash Master
I haven't touched Smash 3DS in like... three days or something. My hype and excitement towards it is at an all-time low haha. Maybe the upcoming Direct will help me out.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I had a problem. I was not enjoying Smash 3Ds at all. It was a chore to play it, and I didn't know why.

Then I realized it was the custom moves. Moves for characters I won't ever play, and can't play on For Glory anyway.
So I stopped at Lucina and Lucario.

Now I'm a much happier person. :)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Competitive players are getting mad at people who have more than one main. Stay classy.

It's almost like they all stay in the 3DS forums, because I seem to keep running into them whenever I go there.
Then I realized it was the custom moves. Moves for characters I won't ever play, and can't play on For Glory anyway.

You're lucky. I enjoy all of the characters, even Miss Fit to some extent. Plus I just like 100%ing games in general.

I think part of what gets me frustrated is that I can't play with actual people. I need a break in between Smash Runs...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I had a problem. I was not enjoying Smash 3Ds at all. It was a chore to play it, and I didn't know why.

I had a problem, I wanted to get rid of these moves ao that i could enjoy smash after for the good and not worry about them at all.

Then I realised I should do the home buffer glitch to have a chance to get them.

So, I'm a much happier person :)

Especially with all these post about how hard it is that I read now...it makes me feel free :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm never getting every custom. Last Smash Run I did I got 7 custom bags. I unlocked Waluigi's hat 7 times.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I only have five more characters till I've gotten all of the Custom Specials. So I'm in this for the long run.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm almost done with :4greninja:.

And now way in hell I'm not 100%ing this. Ha!

I did so in Brawl and I will do so again.

I have yet to 100% KIU, now that I remember. Sakurai games take so long to 100% complete. But I like the challenge.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I already have all of the custom specials. And all the random trophies.

Now I'm just trying to get the godforsaken headgear, since that's all I need left.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Apparently, Static is getting a live-action online show. Which should be cool. I heard that some Mortal Kombat project is being made too, but I don't know if it's live action or animated.

D

Deleted member

Pray to the RNG gods, mortals, and may they help you in such a long journey.
Who are these RNG "gods" that you keep rambling on about? There is only one true RNG god, the one and only RNGeesus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm never getting every custom. Last Smash Run I did I got 7 custom bags. I unlocked Waluigi's hat 7 times.
So.......That is the newfound Hell on earth? That's just the game in and of itself deciding to troll you. I refused to believe any other explanation. Smash Bros 3DS hates you.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I already have all of the custom specials. And all the random trophies.

Now I'm just trying to get the godforsaken headgear, since that's all I need left.
Yeah, I just need headgears and trophies. I'm at six-hundred something trophies, and I keep getting repeat hats. The last hat I got was the Chomp Hat yesterday, so I have 12 left I think.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, I just need headgears and trophies. I'm at six-hundred something trophies, and I keep getting repeat hats. The last hat I got was the Chomp Hat yesterday, so I have 12 left I think.
I WOULD only have 5 left, but the game decided to troll me and steal my new hat.

D

Deleted member

or home buffer glitch :)

Like, you have no idea how much quicker it is and honestly, you shouldn't feel bad for using it...
Or you could just play Smash Run and not have to bother with it. You can get customs much easier there.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Knuckles the Enchilada
One of the funniest moments of Sonic Adventure 2 Versus.
Wow, Nintendo is hiring out of the US for their next hardware: https://nintendo.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=140000005E&src=SNS-10380

A lot of technical jargon there but Nintendo going low-power again concerns me. Nobody cares about that outside Japan. I hope the GPU is up to snuff this time but....damnit Nintendo. At least your systems are always reliable.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916426
Oh dear god, no.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Or you could just play Smash Run and not have to bother with it. You can get customs much easier there.
so, not taking into consideration that I'm bad with some characters making it painful AND no it's not easier because you have to endure said character in platforming AND no the drops are less consistents.

Little mac, missing a move, spent hours, bad to play him in smash run, gets boring, around 15 tries wasting 6 minutes each, no it's bad.

Like, home buffer at like 6.9 gets you kinda likely for a x3...there's 6 stages...

It's faster trust me, you can even deliberatly quit if you have enough gold to pay.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
or home buffer glitch :)

Like, you have no idea how much quicker it is and honestly, you shouldn't feel bad for using it...
I'm an honest man. I ain't no cheater!

Smash Run is a good stress reliever actually.

I mean 5/6 of the mode is about beating the crap out of enemies for the hell of it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I really dislike how I can still get moves when I have them all. Outfits, too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, but when you feel cheated, you just have to.

I'm not joking I highly question this design decision...
KIU had this sort of thing has well, so it's not my first time dealing with it.

Sakurai: *laughs*

I don't really get to play the game that much per day, anyway. This game isn't meant for that, either.

I'll be doing slow and easy progress. Slowly, but surely going there, indeed...

Also, this is nothing compared to certain RPGs...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I really dislike how I can still get moves when I have them all. Outfits, too.
Oh yeah, that too: another reason why I highly question this.

Like, they made EVERYTHING BUT the trophies better.

I can't get how they did worse than brawl trophies, but fixed the brawl trophies ... :confused:

@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5
I made you some friends.
Well, here's another annoying stuff: for the occasion, I did tried to make a Paper Mario mii, but I MISS THE MARIO HEADGEAR WHICH IS THE ONLY ONE I WANT!!!

Tough, I'll check those QR anyway, I still need the headgear probably...:cry:

D

Deleted member

KIU had this sort of thing has well, so it's not my first time dealing with it.

Sakurai: *laughs*

I don't really get to play the game that much per day, anyway. This game isn't meant for that, either.

I'll be doing slow and easy progress. Slowly, but surely going there, indeed...

Also, this is nothing compared to certain RPGs...
Play Kingdom Hearts.
Grind for hours in order to beat the games bonus bosses.
Rinse and repeat.
And even that's being generous in comparison to others.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Play Kingdom Hearts.
Grind for hours in order to beat the games bonus bosses.
Rinse and repeat.
And even that's being generous in comparison to others.
no sorry, but that's plainly and pure farming.

At least it sounds that it's more "do a repetitive task over and over to get exp" thing instead of getting MORE CHANCES to get what you want.

I mean, from someone who was in the speedrunning community, you learn that optimising details in farming that makes it convenient and productive makes it ACCEPTABLE especially if it was intended that you make a setup.

Here, it's basically trying to roll a dice once or 5 times...this is dumb.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Don't you just love it when you're playing Classic and your teammate is dumber than a rock? I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom