• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash and Coffee 2: The Return of Smash and Coffee - Winona Lake, IN - Aug. 1+2

Vayseth

Smash Master
Man, I would love to go to this, but money is really tight right now and all of the other MI guys don't have a car. (Seriously, how do NONE of us have cars?! We barely made it to the circuit event, and by "we" I mean 4 people who arrived finally at 5 am... x.x). Most people around here want to save up for the circuit event. I will try my best, but I am almost 100% sure MI won't be making it =(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Isn't MI like.... jogging distance in comparison to everywhere else in the MW to this place? O_o

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're gonna have to pick one helluva awesome stage, Mr. Rice.
oh i never meant 1 stage for the whole tournament. Although it'd be hilarious to do new pork city.

Lets add random stages to the random characters. Shenanigans will ensue.
this is what i had in mind. i want it to be ridiculous, and for everyone to play like there's no pride or money involved, and just have fun. (video game = game = for fun)

Man, I would love to go to this, but money is really tight right now and all of the other MI guys don't have a car. (Seriously, how do NONE of us have cars?! We barely made it to the circuit event, and by "we" I mean 4 people who arrived finally at 5 am... x.x). Most people around here want to save up for the circuit event. I will try my best, but I am almost 100% sure MI won't be making it =(
johns. borrow your mom's car. it's a friday night. she's not going out...

Isn't MI like.... jogging distance in comparison to everywhere else in the MW to this place? O_o

brisk walking distance, in fact.

If Michigan can show up, this will easily be the biggest midwest brawl event to date. Without you, it will just probably be the biggest midwest brawl tournament to date. I'd just hate to see you all miss it.

But mostly, I just wanna play Anther's pikachu. :bee:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dastrn said:
johns. borrow your mom's car. it's a friday night. she's not going out...
Because I'll be paying a house visit!

ZING!

It had to be done and Sliq wasn't on AIM.

I really hope you crazy michigan folk come. Vidjo too. I want to see the top three with Me, Tink, Anther, and Vidjo... it'd be interesting.

BIG C

Smash Master
such a thing does it is why i prolly won't be there kel. that is mighty expensive I mean I understand and all but idk what if i brought a tent and slept outside???? would that still cost me 20 bux?????

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
$20 bucks for what were getting sounds good to me. It isn't spooking me in the slightest. (I plan on winning it back anyway. lol)

I'd pay the venue fee just to hang out with all the cool peeps from the MW. The Brawl is just a plus. : )

~<3 Midwest

Izmo

Smash Cadet
It's a good price for what you get, but I know I myself can't swing it right now. For those of us that aren't going to win, 30-40 bucks plus gas and such is a bit of a scarier investment. I'm sure it's going to be amazing, but it's just out of what I want to spend at the moment.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you bring a tent, I'd be willing to drop it to $10, I suppose. I'm gonna lose money on the weekend anyways, so what's another $10? :)

My HOG ROAST buddy disappeared (seriously, no one has seen him in like 4 days) so we might switch to a more traditional BBQ if he doesn't show.

Everyone knows that the venue fee covers 2 meals and housing both, right?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I am not sure why the venue fee is too scary... you're gettin' good food that you'd prolly have to pay for anyway.

Either way, this'll be an awesome tournament and everyone should show up. I don't know how people with jobs don't have $20 though >_>

BIG C

Smash Master
the LRG1's tent if he comes is like a 2 room tent or w/e u wanna call it so thats like 8-10 pplz in there. but i still dunno if ima go last time I tried to sleep on a hard flat surface bad things happen Overswarm knows

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I need final numbers tonight so I can make accurate plans for food and housing.

Please post here if you are coming for sure or leave a "60% chance" post or something so I can at least estimate well when buying/preparing food.

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
yeah, last page about MtG decks, i have a few so if people play but dont have a deck, i definitly have a couple extras.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to say I can't make it to this. I'm gonna miss Melee in the corner BigC. Next Week at Zjinn's though. Pick Snake and roll around for me.

And Blood_Hawk: this tourney is yours. Own the noobz.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I am 100% coming. So make arrangements for me. I still need to get a hold of Iggy. >.>

And Blood_Hawk: this tourney is yours. Own the noobz.
Ha ha ha.

I'm hoping I own. I've been using my Lucario a lot more and he's been getting better by the day, so we'll see what happens. My Snake has learned a few new tricksies too.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
heh... good luck getting final numbers from the smash community :p

I'm coming for sure.

Tink

Smash Hero
me and big c will prolly be bringing norm and infernohit with us, but we might be like, an hour late because of my work, like, 630 getting there. is there anyway, if your doin pools for teams, that i can just show up then and play the pools? i can prolly get out there at like 6 earliest =(.

edit: fudge forgot about time zone <_<.....gotta figure this out.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
we'll probably do 2 pools of teams for seeding, and then do a double elimination bracket. so i can go ahead and put you in a pool and as long as we don't have to hold up the whole tournament for you, you can play out your matches.

Tink

Smash Hero
well, how long you think the pools are going to take to finish? like, if theres 20 teams, your going to put 10 in each pool? or am i just stupid <_<?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I imagine pools will be running until about 8:00 or 8:30pm, and then brackets should go pretty fast from there. I'm hoping to be done by 11pm on friday night.

We'll have to see how many teams we get. If we have 20 teams, we'd probably do 3 pools instead of 2 for the sake of time.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I am 100% coming. So make arrangements for me. I still need to get a hold of Iggy. >.>

Ha ha ha.

I'm hoping I own. I've been using my Lucario a lot more and he's been getting better by the day, so we'll see what happens. My Snake has learned a few new tricksies too.
We'll see about your Lucario. I'll probably be the only Kirby playing here : )

Also, you'll get no sympathy from me. I'm the only squishy boy in this game....*****!

(hopefully you get the reference)

Tink

Smash Hero
see, i could prolly make it before pools end, if they end at like, 8-830. i would prolly just have to play all my matches ina row. thanks for the responses, ill prolly make it =).

Kel

Smash Master
It's not scary to me, but it's scary to others. 45$ plus gas might convince some people not to come (not me).

I'd actually prefer a traditional BBQ over a hog roast. You could just grill stuff like chicken, burgers and hot dogs. I think it worked pretty well at pound 2. It MIGHT be cheaper, but I wouldn't know.

Oh, and I'm going.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Where are people sleeping?
Your $20 venue fee not only covers 2 meals (dinner friday and breakfast saturday) but also gives you a spot on our beautifully carpeted floors! I've got room for about 40 people in the main sleeping area. Anyone after that will need to either camp out (TONS of camping space available, bring your own tent) or find other sleeping arrangements.

If you are not sleeping over, the venue fee is only $10. If you don't want to eat my food or sleep on the property, you only pay $5. I've managed to not charge any venue fee for my first two events, but my wife refuses to keep letting me shell out so much money to cover the venue costs!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not scary to me, but it's scary to others. 45$ plus gas might convince some people not to come (not me).

I'd actually prefer a traditional BBQ over a hog roast. You could just grill stuff like chicken, burgers and hot dogs. I think it worked pretty well at pound 2. It MIGHT be cheaper, but I wouldn't know.

Oh, and I'm going.

yeah the HOG ROAST is officially out, since my pro BBQ guy is a no-show. Turns out he got laid off from his job (stupid economy) and skipped town for a while without telling anyone.

We'll do a normal BBQ.

BIG C

Smash Master
again since i am more than likely gonna be here i'm bringing a tent that can definitely fit 6 ppl easily but prolly could get like 8 ppl so if you want a spot you best be on it. so far it's me,tink,and lain in the tent. also i request s'more supplies for camping isn't complete w/o s'mores.i'll cook em over the grill if need be. also w/e brings such supplies will get a hug

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
yeah like tink said i'm going with him and will probably team with infy.. so yeah i want to do teams. just we'll be there after pools

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is anyone going to record matches? I'm thinking of bringing my (parents) digital camera...it's mostly used for pictures, but it has some decent video taking ability, so if anybody would be kind enough to record a couple of my matches, that would be nice : )

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Is anyone going to record matches? I'm thinking of bringing my (parents) digital camera...it's mostly used for pictures, but it has some decent video taking ability, so if anybody would be kind enough to record a couple of my matches, that would be nice : )
i might bring my laptop to record some matches... dunno.. i might be lazy

Top Bottom