• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

St. Viers

Smash Champion
nope--last year of college (hopefully)

see ya, unless college stuff (bills and books and stuff) takes longer than I think XD

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
btw, we usually only have 1 set up for melee, so since its looking like theres alot of melee interest it may be good for you guys to bring a few setups yourself.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
We have up to 4 TVs that we can use. We have at least 2 wiis and 1 GC, usually some1 here provides a 3rd wii. So yeah if you guys want more than 1 melee setups you may need to bring one yourself.

kenfireball

Smash Cadet
Same here basically except I can bring a gamecube instead. I can't carry a tv in my bookbag though.

edit: SO should I bring my gc?

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
who's the boston latin kid in here? i'm an alum of that place, gooood times there.

sallas09

Smash Cadet
Yeah my Wii has replay hacks and stuff so I can save whatever matches are played on it, in case anyone might want some stuff uploaded or whatver.

kenfireball

Smash Cadet
google maps is sending me a bunch of mixed messages so expect me to cal quite a bit tommorow. Ima get lost soo bad.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm gonna try to show and I live on campus, so I can bring my GC and melee...
Umm sure, it depends on how much melee interest we will have tommorow. I'm not quite sure of what setups we will be having because I'm actually not an officer of the club running this, and the ppl supposing to bring the setups are quite new. Hope fully we can have 4 setups going, 3 brawl and 1 melee or 2 brawl and 2 melees, depending on things.

Yeah my Wii has replay hacks and stuff so I can save whatever matches are played on it, in case anyone might want some stuff uploaded or whatver.
Mine has hacks too, but if you really want stuff saved you can bring yours.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
08 DAAMN STRAIGHT

also, kenfireball, if you know how to get to kenmore from bls, i can meet you there.

BattleCalculus

Smash Rookie

Umm sure, it depends on how much melee interest we will have tommorow. I'm not quite sure of what setups we will be having because I'm actually not an officer of the club running this, and the ppl supposing to bring the setups are quite new. Hope fully we can have 4 setups going, 3 brawl and 1 melee or 2 brawl and 2 melees, depending on things.
Alright, well I'll bring mine just in case I guess. I get out of class somewhere between 2:30 and 3:30 so I'll be there sometime after that.

peeup

Smash Lord
hmm so i wouldn't feel TOTALLY awkward going there... (im 15), but i dont think my parents would be willing to drive me so that i can play a videogame with a bunch of ppl i've never met. =(

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
you've met them online, clearly that's enough. also, this smashfest was pretty huge compared to previous ones, it was quite surprising. 3 brawl set ups, a melee set up and a brawl+? too good.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
hi ima be attending these more often, i go to bls too. im the one who told kenfireball about this. i heard about its last week but i couldnt go the one yesterday and now i cant go to the one next friday cause of sports, but the firday after Feb. 5th im gonna go with kenfireball, i play brawl and i wanna get more into melee even tho my melee disc broke so i havent played for a while.

edit : oh i told sally about this too i kno alot of ppl in boston that never heard of this

yea so ill be coming on the 5th =]

kenfireball

Smash Cadet
I'm bringing my gamecube next time probably. Or I can atleast I can bring the cables and someone else can bring the actually gamecube itself. (don't feel like carrying it around)

IT was pretty nice though. I didn't get my *** wooped as bad as I thought I would. Nice to play some melee players that aren't my brother. I did pretty well for practicing against lvl 9 computers everyday of my life(its way too easy to win QQ) But geez my tech skill is such crap compared to soem of the people there. ANd next week someone should totally teach me how to not DI like crap.

edit: If anyone could bring a Brawl- setup that'd be cool too.

BattleCalculus

Smash Rookie
Well I had fun getting obliterated by everyone I played on friday. I can bring my gamecube again but it would be nice if someone brought an A/V cable for the gamecube we used last week so that my gc doesn't lie unused in my bag. Fun times.

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
Hey everybody.

My (smash)name is V, and i was fairly involved with the CT melee scene back in the (pre-brawl) day. I go to NEU and will try to make it this friday at 3...I'm a diehard melee guy...is there signifficant melee being played at these events? I could bring a setup for serious melee-ers only if need be.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF sooooooo much meeeeellleeeeeeee

Need moar brawwwwwllllllllllll

lol jk, there is still much more brawl than melee, i just wish there are newer ppl to play with.

theres usually only 1 melee setups, since melee was dead until very recently, but its looking like there may be a need for a 2nd melee setup, so yeah, def bring yours if its not too much bother.

still need moar brawl.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
double posting cuz I can

Oh btw,
This Friday the VGS (club that runs Smash Friday) will need to setup for a Game Night in the Backcourt. Which means that they need to take all their setups up there around 5. But I will leave my setup on the big TV so we can still have 1 setup going (more if ppl bring their own setups).

And the Game Night starts at 7, it is entirely free and everyone is welcome, there will be all kinds of games there like Smash, COD4, Rock Band etc. Last year we had a small Brawl doubles tourney going on too, maybe there will be one this year too.

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody.

My (smash)name is V, and i was fairly involved with the CT melee scene back in the (pre-brawl) day. I go to NEU and will try to make it this friday at 3...I'm a diehard melee guy...is there signifficant melee being played at these events? I could bring a setup for serious melee-ers only if need be.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee NEU! Now I won't be so alone :D.

We need to recruit more NEU players so we can do crew battles.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Hey everybody.

_V_?!

Or are you a different V?

Cuz I'm pretty sure _V_ moved to Cali.

Top Bottom