• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

frozensoul89

Smash Rookie
Good plannnn

I'll organize a Melee draft crew battle. Frozen, you want to be the other captain? You know the skill level of the local players enough.
No thanks. You and some other player could be captain. I don't want undue advantage just because I know the BU melee scene. Also, it's too much of a hassle for me. I rather just be picked on a random team. :)

Most of the people who show up are of about equal level. So, a melee draft team shouldn't be too bad. Another idea is we could do an Asians-vs if enough Asian melee players show up! That's always a blast!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Oh, duh...I've seen Kimi ni Todoke! I'm not too big a fan of Kurumi-chan only because I like Sawako more. She's soooo pleasant!

Are there any events coming up for Smash Friday soon? Brawl or Melee? I remember this past saturday we had a Brawl crew battle. It was pretty fun. Anything similar in the agenda?
Kurumi >>> Sawako imo, she and Kazehaya would make a GREAT couple!

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
No thanks. You and some other player could be captain. I don't want undue advantage just because I know the BU melee scene. Also, it's too much of a hassle for me. I rather just be picked on a random team. :)

Most of the people who show up are of about equal level. So, a melee draft team shouldn't be too bad. Another idea is we could do an Asians-vs if enough Asian melee players show up! That's always a blast!
you mean if enough non-asian players show up, lol
I'm not saying it'd be an advantage, it's just I've played everyone there and so have you. We'd be able to get fair crews.

kenfireball

Smash Cadet
ME and my friend are showing up with a wii and gamecube along with brawl and melee. Will there be tvs or should we leave em. I'd liek in on some melee crew though that'd be cool.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
melee and brawl crews would be awesome. My brawl game is a *tad* bit better, so would like to try it out.

Alas, people at umass are unavailable, due to DnD (XD) and classes. Maybe I can get 1 person, but he's kinda a scrub (he's not terrible, but he johns about everything and hates losing)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
ME and my friend are showing up with a wii and gamecube along with brawl and melee. Will there be tvs or should we leave em. I'd liek in on some melee crew though that'd be cool.
That would be pretty cool, if Mafia brings his TV then we will have 5 TVs to use. I say bring them just to be safe and if it's not too much hassel for you, but if it is then you dont have to bring them.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
You most definitely should.

HYPE for Melee/Brawl Crews or maybe a mini brawl tournament tomorrow.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Man, today was seriously the most fun I had in awhile: maybe I should be less anti-social more often XD
Good stuff today, and for the record, I'm still bad at brawl XD

@the people in the crews I was in: good stuff, we *****

@calc: you need to just buckle down on your tech some, and think more manly thoughts--your falcon will improve in no time

@mafia: MM next time? Your peach vs my doc? also, egyptian rat--I'll remember one of these days, if you're still game.

@j-lo: haven't played in a long time--gotta play next time

@other people I played and met: I'm terrible w/ names, sorry. As I attend more, I'll learn them. Anyways, y'all gotta practice your doc matchups and step it up!

@fatal: when you show up next time, teach me to be pro at brawl. I'll teach you how to be mediocre in melee in return (I'd say good, but that would require me being good in melee XD )

@matt.noshow: better be there next week. I miss chain-grabbing your falco =P (just kidding, I'm sure you'd be able to walk all over me now)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
You got it. We went so even, I despise Doc sooooooo much

Calc, just keep coming to these, one of these days Proverbs will come and teach you how to **** with falcon. :D
I'm gonna try to play everyone 1v1 next week. 2222222good.

kenfireball

Smash Cadet
I sure did enjoy losing my 20 dollars to EDge in a money match. ANd I did so terrible in crews yikes.

kenfireball

Smash Cadet
my advice is to not play doc, really. He's fun but hard to pick up. Play peach : D
Yeah, I need more practice against actual people. My spacing is pretty good I think though. I like falco but don't have the tech skill for him. Same with fox lolz. And my roy isn't going to get anywhere. Peach is fun though. Maybe I just need more practice.
@Yume I wouldn't have bet 20 if I didn't have more money left over lolz. Him and his metaknight chain grabs to up smash >_> I should stick to melee

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Naw just practice spacing-it will help in both XD

I'd say pick up marth in melee: rewards you for playing smart. Also, owns peach XD

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
Edge's Yoshi is LEGIT
:)

yesterday was mad fun, better then playing lvl 9 in my room or wifi. im hoping to come next friday and play some more. its nice to meet all yall guys hopefully ill get to go to some more tournies too

edit: i was wondering if u could put our set online, my friend wants to see it

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
:)

yesterday was mad fun, better then playing lvl 9 in my room or wifi. im hoping to come next friday and play some more. its nice to meet all yall guys hopefully ill get to go to some more tournies too

edit: i was wondering if u could put our set online, my friend wants to see it
I think we only saved the last match where I got butt-***** lol. But I'll upload it, cept that it's on my friend's wii so I have to get it from him first.

kenfireball

Smash Cadet
Turns out it's a 5 minute drive from BLS to my house. we should play more.
Cool cool. I live in mattapan so it takes about 40 mins for me to get to bls. But If you wanna play right after school or something I'm all game. As long as there's someway for me to get to ashmont somewhere nearby.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
Edge, its a shame I didn't get to play your yoshi with someone other than mah bowsah, next time though, we should play some more.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
Edge, its a shame I didn't get to play your yoshi with someone other than mah bowsah, next time though, we should play some more.
yea =/ hopefully i can come next week and stay longer but th latest i could probably stay would be 6:30. i need to work on my secondaries tho there awful rite now im only decent with yoshi

kenfireball

Smash Cadet
40 minutes? how do you get to school every day?
I take the 21 charter bus straight to school or I take teh 21 to forest hills and then take the 39 OR I take teh 21 to forest hills take the orange line to ruggles then take the 19, 47, or 8 , Or I walk to school. Or I could take teh 21 to ashmont and take the train/ bus but I never do that.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
I take the 21 charter bus straight to school or I take teh 21 to forest hills and then take the 39 OR I take teh 21 to forest hills take the orange line to ruggles then take the 19, 47, or 8 , Or I walk to school. Or I could take teh 21 to ashmont and take the train/ bus but I never do that.
yea its pretty annoying specially cause i have to wake up 10 minutes ealier than him to get the same bus.

Delta_0

Smash Cadet
Zeb won't go, he's going to a party, IIRC, but I'll try to make it. Someone tell Haggs & Cope (and maybe Xihyon, dunno if he'd go, though) about this.

Albert.

Smash Master
everyone hype this smash friday comming up! GIDDY is comming.(Me,FAts,Star,Koolaid,Spehre)
Yeah we're reallllyy gonna need more bawrl set-ups.

Melee players can you please not complain if we devote one of your usual TV's to a Brawl set-up? I mean there's gonna be more better players coming and there's a brawl tournament the next day.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
*complains*
*complains*
*complains*

seriously though, if you really think you need 4 tvs for brawl, just use them. (though isn't one of the tvs mafia's? If he didn't want the tv to be used for brawl, I would say that is would be diplomatic to acquiesce).

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
with the setups we have currently, it can be split 3 melee and 3 brawl, or 4 brawl and 2 melee, depending on turnout.

Top Bottom