• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Chris just use kish's no johns ruleset -- which is basically the ruleset i had for singles about a year ago -- for a whole year until people remember how garbage those stages are for competition.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I don't think the stage list is going to work with most smashers. I just hope you guys counter pick stages like dreamland or yoshi's because we actually play on those stages in smashfests.

If these are the actual stages then okay, cool, then lets play on them more often.

and sveet: I agree with you saying fd is not neutral at all. it's great in teams though.

Dart!

Smash Master
My god, you all are a bunch of whiners. i play marth...who is *** on all of those stages and i gladly accept the challenge of them being on.

ORLY

Smash Master
re: kish's ruleset: god that would be so much fun

when was the last time anyone played a tournament game on onett? wheeeeeeeeee!

BIG C

Smash Master
kish ruleset = all johnz ruleset just like it always has. onett ROFL yeah cuz i like getting shined against a house for 1654132123151 percent and then up smashed. Why is it every time I get back in the scene stage debates are happening? don't get me wrong I play peach and i love cars hitting people into my down smash and/or stitch face but it is not and will never be fair and legitimate. I've won plenty of matches in my day that I shouldn't have based on the stage alone just ask viperboy tee hee.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
niceee....and after a month of sucking up and doing an awesome job, u can command your bro wayne to get a job there too 0_0! then smashers will own the way of subs.
I will laugh at the day Wayneth gets a job, and is bestowed upon him the mighty Cell Phone.

And Big C, you should try to come to this. :)
these posts are pleasing to me

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If strong bad isnt coming to this, neither am i

edit-
re: kish's ruleset: god that would be so much fun

when was the last time anyone played a tournament game on onett? wheeeeeeeeee!

edit2- its creepy, hes bobbing his head exactly in sync with my dubstep

cykofox

Smash Ace
My god, you all are a bunch of whiners. i play marth...who is *** on all of those stages and i gladly accept the challenge of them being on.
stop taking gods name in vain. its offensive.

im coming to see wassup maybe

ORLY

Smash Master
StrongBad and Tom, noooooooooo!

Also: you should come too Sveet. I'm gonna need to ask some questions if I am to inherit the SG torch.

EDIT: Cykofox yeahhhhh

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Easy ****, Chris

Your goal should be 9 full setups so that you can use 8 for singles pools while 1 finishes up doubles bracket. Saves a ton of time if you start singles pools while doubles bracket is still finishing up. Which means you gotta make people register for everything at once at the beginning of the day.

Make people bring exact change in small paper bills so you don't have idiots trying to enter with $50 bills or a bag of quarters. Make people come up to registration with their teammate by their side to avoid ******** situations like "I'm paying for uhh, my partner's doubles, and my singles, and uhh my partner's venue fee, trolololol"

If less than 28 entrants, do 4 pools. If more than 32 entrants, do 8 pools. Never do a stupid number like 6 pools, that's a rookie mistake. Between 28-32 entrants is the tricky area where you can go either way. Remember that a pool of 8 takes maybe triple the amount of time than a pool of 4 (28 sets vs 6 sets) but lets people play more opponents, which is good for the lower-levels.

Only focus on enforcing losers bracket matches to be played out, it takes way more time for the bracket to collectively reach Losers Semis than it does to reach Winners Finals. If someone is two rounds behind everyone else in losers bracket, DQ their ***.

Arty

Smash Lord
Yah it's always good to have some small bills on you lol. People bring $20s all the time :(

Jeff brought a ****ing $50 last time lmao

ORLY

Smash Master
thanks snuggleguy! the pools information was what i was the least informed about

if anyone brings a $50 this time, i'm giving them change in ****ing pennies

ORLY

Smash Master
my only critique on the combo vid is that it didn't show him suicide away his last stock and lose the set. that's the ultimate tink combo ;D

i wanna play meleeeeeeeeeeeee

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
WI interest ended up deciding to go to spikesfest so it's just me again, I'll bring a setup and probably a power strip. Chris I'll probably get to your place around 6 tomorrow

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
@Chris, Im gonna be at NIU all day and probs all weekend. Idk if i'm even going to my co-worker's party

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Yah it's always good to have some small bills on you lol. People bring $20s all the time

Jeff brought a ****ing $50 last time lmao
Haha, my bad.
I'm just too rich for your tournaments...
<3Juggle

Btw, I'm confirmed for this, prepare to be funding my college instead of Kels' bad drug habits.

Top Bottom