• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
wow

what part of "lames like mahie and star king and tbh we don't need their NEGATIVITY" sounds serious to you?

SK please don't do your thing where you lash out again because you're embarassed that you missed the tone of the post. I sincerely apologize for making you think that I legit didn't want you in the community. I did not mean it even a little bit.

Frogles

Smash Ace
I use a program I downloaded to convert mp3s to ringtones. It's meant for use with the iPhone though - if you have an iPhone just reply back and I'll go look up the name of the program.
ballin you're beautiful ;_;

i found a site that converts midis to mp3s in different sondfonts and i got it sounding pretty damn close to how it use to sound

Frogles

Smash Ace
i know how to trim songs to make ringtones. the problem was the ringtone i'd been using for the past 4 years was a midi, which sounds different on basically every device. sounded amazing on my blackberry, but sounds like dog s*** on the s3.

Olikus

Smash Champion
star king i think he's referring to that one time when you said, and I quasi-quote:

"i'd probably like melee more than 64 if I played it more"

Anyway, you coming tomorrow?
I Think I remember this allso. Cus aa said that he would prefer melee, while SK said he might prefer melee more.

so yeah SK calm down.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
from what i understand about midis, they're just a set of instructions for a synthesizer to follow. so i guess only the original artist would know what a true 1:1 conversion should sound like.

but whatever maybe you're magical.

here you go hotshot: http://www.putlocker.com/file/47C65AB4750AF482
"503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request."

mediafire or sendspace please..

firo

Smash Ace
Midi files will sound different on a lot of machines/phones as it is dependent on the particular midi drivers and synth the machine has, as Frogles said. That's why midi files are so small - they don't actually contain any sound or waveforms, it's just instructions for the machine to play a certain sound at a certain time. The odds are pretty strong that you won't be able to get it to sound like it did before. You can try finding out the sound drivers of your old phone or try holding a recording device to your old phone while it rings. A lot of old games that used midi have this same issue (back in the day when you had a list of sound drivers to choose from when starting a game).

I don't think there is much use to sending it to someone to fix - they won't even know what it is supposed to sound like on your phone.

kookoriko

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I'm new to this board, but a huge fan of SSB64 :)

Althought SSBB is like 4 years old, I hope to get it soon :D

Good luck everyone! :)

Frogles

Smash Ace
unfortunately you're right firo. i'm not tech savvy enough to get it to sound exactly as it did on my old phone. i found a sweet site that lets me edit the midi files/convert them using different soundfonts. i got it sounding pretty close to what i wanted.

http://solmire.com/

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hello kookoriko and welcome to the smashboards :)

Good to see you're a fan of smash 64. If you ever want to talk about just brawl, it's best to go to the brawl sub-forums.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have

SheerMadness

Smash Master
So while we were playing today battle cattle said something like:

"I bet you're a quiet nerd in real life who can never get laid"

Cheap shot? Unsportsmanlike conduct?

We should have a poll of who's more sexy, sheerm or battlecattle.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I was just being homophobic as part of my sheer-trolling routine

that was like the least offensive thing I said

you should've seen him tho he started punching holes in his drywall and tossing chairs

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Me thinks battle cattle was raging and decided to take it to a personal level. I mean if Gio can make him rage just by trash talking I certainly can. Especially when my relentless trash talk is coupled with 20 straight 3-4 stock victories.

Plus if you wanna challenge someone's sexyness you gotta be able to back your own up.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
battlecow clear winner, the man once united a continent with his smirk

also star king displaced me for most posts in here

with this post we're even

stay tuned

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Seriously. I'm like, "oh ****, did I put that? lol"

Sheer is pretty sexy. Pretty sure he's got this.

Ricky back me up!

Sensei

Smash Lord
I see Taylor Swift all the time on my way to work through Times Square.

Never really paid much attention until then but she looks real pretty in those Walgreen ads.

Channighan

Smash Ace
Holy anime I need to change my avatar. SKET Dance is over.

Himeko ----> Himiko

CRAP, can I not search Himiko or Sena and find a clean version of anything?

Channighan

Smash Ace
Quick question, and I've kind of posted this everywhere...

Why do people in gaming communities have to be such ****s?

So I was playing LoL, and I thought one of the characters were difficult for ME to use. So I post something a little bit like that.

Then some guy comes and is like "Well you were useless in like 4/5 of your matches, you know what you're talking about."

1. I'm obviously new to the ****ing game.
2. Could've said something nicer than that

Not just LoL either, but I was in a UMvC3 forum...

"Easier method of plink dashing".

And I look in the comments and see stuff like "Lol at people not knowing how to plink dash" and "you're sad if you can't plink dash".

And it happens here too, don't worry. In the GA Melee FB group, when I first joined, I had trouble vs. Peach, so I asked "How do you approach Peach w/Fox?" Guy replied, "Lol, this guy said approach.".

Really people? This is one of the reasons why eSports is not as big as it should be. Learn to ****ing help people, instead of acting as if you're too good to give me a tip.

"Oh you're doing X with x Champion. But you should be doing Y with said champion."

"Just keep practicing and eventually you'll get it!"

"Peach is one of those characters that you really don't want to approach.

TL;DR Everyone needs to stop being ****s.

:phone:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
when people are new to a competitive game and wish to play with/against competitive people and expect not to get trash talked, they are fooling themselves

not to be a **** here chan, but embrace it, ignore it, turn the **** behavior around, whatever; but people will be themselves/reflections of their environments wether you want them to be or not

prisonchild

Smash Ace
TL;DR Everyone needs to stop being ****s.
i think i suggested in the social thread that more people offer their services for swf's mentoring program, as opposed the huge 'flame session' against yobo when he first came here.

it might be slightly worse here, but i am part of a fairly diverse group of forums and veterans usually take that kind of elitist stance

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah 64 (me included sometimes) has been bad about that in the past

everyone should be nicer to everyone all the time

WE GOTTA STAY POSITIVE.

Channighan

Smash Ace
Lol trust me, I honestly could care less what people thougt if I'm trying to have fun in a game, which is MOSTLY why I play them.

People just aren't nice.
I hope the moon from MM crashes into their house.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, and I've kind of posted this everywhere...

Why do people in gaming communities have to be such ****s?

So I was playing LoL, and I thought one of the characters were difficult for ME to use. So I post something a little bit like that.

Then some guy comes and is like "Well you were useless in like 4/5 of your matches, you know what you're talking about."

1. I'm obviously new to the ****ing game.
2. Could've said something nicer than that

All in all, LoL has one of the least accepting communities I've come across. This comes, I think, from the fact that there are two huge spikes in learning. In the first spike, you learn the mechanics of the game. In the second spike you learn the strategy. There are literally hundreds of thousands of LoL players who have "mastered" the mechanics but still have very poor strategy. Because of this, we encounter a community packed with mediocre players who see themselves as being great at the game.

I play LoL, I'm pretty good and have had a decent amount of contact with high level players. If you have questions I'd love to try to answer them or at least point you in the right direction.

As for smash, I have been treated very well by this community. Even online, people are happy to give me tips when I ask for them even though they are way better than me (hard not to realize this if you 5 stock someone). I'm not saying you're wrong about people being elitist, just that it is certainly possible to have a positive experience.

Top Bottom