• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Your approaches are way too predictable if they're up tilting you every time you approach.

Change up your DJC speed to bait out tilts and other reactions. Neutral b also pwns up tilt every time.

Clubba stop being so reliant on up tilt. In order to reach the next level with Yoshi you need to learn how to combo light characters horizontally without up tilt.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
That may be true, but in order for YOU to reach the next level with yoshi you need to rely MORE on up tilt vs heavy characters.

I actually do think sometimes you make your combos to fancy for your own good. Tank syndrome. Or maybe Orlando syndrome... Probably not a huge factor for you in reality though. Maybe an extra stock here and there in a set.

But yea you're right. I love my utilt though, even when I can't combo out of it lol

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Fancy combos are the ****. Unless you're making BANK off this game, what's the point in taking it super cereal and being generic in a friendly environment? Not to mention trying to pull off crazy combos and oddball attacks make you a better player overall.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
up tilt ain't too bad vs. ness. it isn't optimal but I'm pretty sure that DJC bair>uptilt>up air is guaranteed. and if you have a platform above you like on dream land, your full hop up air can auto cancel and you can do another up tilt>upair or fair

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Best tech chase strategy - Position your chair behind your opponent and glance at their hands right before they tech. It takes a ton of practice, but is pretty cheap.

It is one of the main things I have been working on recently.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Best tech chase strategy - Position your chair behind your opponent and glance at their hands right before they tech. It takes a ton of practice, but is pretty cheap.

That might just be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Have you no honor?

lol BISON

Battlecow

Play to Win
I've thought about doing it before

I tried learning it but it was completely impractical, especially if you're trying to be in any way subtle, props to you if you actually managed to make something out of it (Kinda doubt it lol)

and if they know you're doing it it's way too easy to hide in a million different ways

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman

You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

You serious here?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Proof that fake smash is more legit :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

:troll:

dude IDK did you see SK's yoshi getting bodied by the FROGNESS?

uair-uair-usmash-dair-techchase too good
Wut? I won the best of 3 (assuming you're referring to the laggy stream matches)

3rd inaccurate callout in like two months... Y u so bad at this lately. My, like, Fox lost though if you really need some SK defeats to **** to.

BTW the MU is even (which is good for Ness I guess lol)

up tilt ain't too bad vs. ness. it isn't optimal but I'm pretty sure that DJC bair>uptilt>up air is guaranteed. and if you have a platform above you like on dream land, your full hop up air can auto cancel and you can do another up tilt>upair or fair
If you get a utilt under a Dreamland platform at a moderately low percent, you want to do utilt -> full hop uair -> weak nair -> other stuff (a second nair -> fair finish commonly works). If you are at fairly high percent try utilt > platform djl > usmash

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I know I'm the best and all, but Star, you got to stop avoiding me. Teach me how to be good with jiggs, so Dex's pikachu can stop pwning it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
you shouldn't be dropping games to frog's ness

going 2-1 is a loss IMO
I'm glad you think so highly of me that you believe I should never drop games to Frogles-caliber players <3

i'd like to cash in my lag johns

i'll go 100-0 against noob king next time we play
Yeah I already have johned to the public (by the public I mean Battlecow) about how the games were laggy, so we were all playing bad. Apparently the public didn't buy it though ;P

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean frogles is way better than me but I don't lose to that ness (it's ness, come on)

I mean full disclosure I did lose to it like the first 2 times I played it

but then I beat it like 12 times or something

I mean it's friendlies so w/e but I would MM that thing any day

Gettin real sick of your **** yobo

pika falcon's like 50-50 at worst on DL/congo. If you think I need to be ashamed of losing to a falcon of ballin's caliber, I don't like you as a person.

M!nt

Smash Champion
If you mean my yoshi and not battlecows refer to the post I posted earlier, I have real hard problems with ness as yoshi, so frogles pwns me.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
My scrub *** Ness beat battle cattle at least 3-4 times. And that was like over two months ago when my Ness was literally terrible. And they were all on dreamland.

Thus I'm not believing his Frogles claims at all.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Gettin real sick of your **** yobo

pika falcon's like 50-50 at worst on DL/congo. If you think I need to be ashamed of losing to a falcon of ballin's caliber, I don't like you as a person.
LMAO no need to take it personally.

Battlecow

Play to Win
My scrub *** Ness beat battle cattle at least 3-4 times. And that was like over two months ago when my Ness was literally terrible. And they were all on dreamland.

Thus I'm not believing his Frogles claims at all.
out of like 300 times bro including MULTIPLE five stocks come on be honest right now every time you beat me I 4-5 stocked you the next game

MM? Your fox couldn't do it I don't see why the ness should but you seem confident beyond reason.

As for not believing me... I'm just gonna straight-up lie on the boards where frog could see it? Lol you.

Frogles

Smash Ace
yo great and honorable frogles here to deny all that crazy bull**** that battlecow is spewing its all LIEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

alright it may not all be lies but its definitely misleading. sort of making it seem like he wiped the floor with me when im pretty sure it was back and forth after the first few i won.

...but i dont remember how many we played/how many i won/how many i lost so we'll have to believe battlecows numbers here.

Battlecow

Play to Win
yo frog I'm for sure down to redo in a seriously sense if your pride is injured

I defs won at least the last 4-5 maybe MORE

Frogles

Smash Ace
you must be some sort of wizard to see my broken pride through that post.

like i said i was pretty sure it was even but dont remember the numbers so i gave you the benefit of the doubt. wasnt tryin to call you a liar.

if this is just you wanting more games though i'm down

edit: on second thought, im not down. ggs champ.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
ADDRESSING THE DRAMA
A note to my fellow smashers...
intended for those involved only

For those who don't know, there's been some drama (if you want to call it that), centered around me and certain other people. The common notion is that I have some sort of issue...acting out of character...
Here's the truth of the matter, honesty intended: There is nothing wrong with me, there is nothing wrong with any of you. To y'all I may have changed; been acting strange lately. I'm just having full realization that you are just not my kind of people. For the most part, we have nothing in common but smash. I can't forever pretend like I'm friends with people that are too different from me. We just have different standards on life based on our backgrounds, beliefs, goals, where and how we were raised. That's all we can do is play smash with each other, but overall we can not chill/hang together because we are not genuinely friends. This is not a farewell speech or an attack. I'm just telling it like how it's really going on to put it all to rest. Time to accept it, that's just how life is. Thank you.

Battlecow, I'll take any of those challenges, champ. :)

Top Bottom