• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
we dont need another event who is ran by someone who doesnt know anything(manny, not plaink)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm pretty sure i'd ask for that too if I knew I had a chance at winning. ;D Money is awesome.

Lol I thought I accidently went to the first page.

B_awal, it seems Plairnk is being a responsible person. Sure everyone wants this but things could go wrong. But he's doing the right thing.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Trust me dude the community wants and NEEDs this event...

U have plenty of people in the Smash community that will help U

This is a MAJOR Melee event!!!

This is also a MAJOR Brawl event!!!

U can run THIS event!!!
It's not worth it if it doesn't look like it's going to be completely legit. It's not worth getting your name discredited because you're attached to a company didn't follow through with their promises.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Yea, I already have a plane ticket and hotel paid for. I'm goin to this **** anyway.

-Edit- In response to Snap...I wouldn't call me one of "the best" haha. Maybe in teams? ^_^ But yea, MM for sure.

Nicaboy, fox vs. sheik? Yeee. I'm decent at that matchup =P
As for the teams MM, yes, absolutely.
cool bro lets do this should this go down

1. Good **** plank for getting out now. Respect.

2. Did alot of OOS players buy tickets?

3. If so, I host the NOOB tournament series, which could replace this tournament. I obviously cannot promise a 3k pot, but seeing as how a bunch of OOS bought tickets, why waste a plane ticket, beautiful weather, and some of the best smash players in the country?

4. If you have any doubts about the credibility of the tournaments I host all you have to do is ask Hungrybox, Colbol, Shiz, KSpeedin, QDVS, ROCKCROCK, Linguini, the rest of florida and the great state of Georgia.

YES, the list was a must.

YES, you should ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL respond accordingly.

YES, you will not be dissappointed.

YES, the smash community still loves plank and all the hard work you have done.

GET AT LOU!
man fack this im like not intrested in this no more too much **** happening. run noob3 and im taking the weekend off for work for that!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
It's not worth it if it doesn't look like it's going to be completely legit. It's not worth getting your name discredited because you're attached to a company didn't follow through with their promises.
Ignore my post I jus read wut planrk put

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Plank really got ****** here and it sucks for the Brawl players because no one is really stepping up for them. I would ask for the Brawl TOs in florida to find a way to help them.

See everyone at Apex I think O.o

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean, brawl still has mlg this weekend...not many people were planning on coming for brawl except people that wanted easy money like m2k

Frames

DI
Ok to expand on what hungry said

Hungrybox has asked me to help him run a tournament the same weekend at a large venue located near hungry's house (read: a wato that won't be at hungrys house! Lol)!

The tournament is melee only as far as I know and since I was the one providing disney tickets rest assured that we will still go cuz disney *****

If you have any questions feel free to message myself or hungrybox!

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
1. Good **** plank for getting out now. Respect.

2. Did alot of OOS players buy tickets?

3. If so, I host the NOOB tournament series, which could replace this tournament. I obviously cannot promise a 3k pot, but seeing as how a bunch of OOS bought tickets, why waste a plane ticket, beautiful weather, and some of the best smash players in the country?

4. If you have any doubts about the credibility of the tournaments I host all you have to do is ask Hungrybox, Colbol, Shiz, KSpeedin, QDVS, ROCKCROCK, Linguini, the rest of florida and the great state of Georgia.

YES, the list was a must.

YES, you should ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL respond accordingly.

YES, you will not be dissappointed.

YES, the smash community still loves plank and all the hard work you have done.

GET AT LOU!
this man knows how to run a freakin tournament he will definately have SOMETHING for you im sure

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Im a brawl player, and ive gone to the brawl WATOs, and i can highly speak for the credibility for the people involved with running WATO10 (hbox, frames, skrach)

you OOS melee players, ill be so happy if you guys still came down and had fun at WATO. no matter which game you play, this is a pretty horrible thing to go through, and I wouldnt wish that upon any smasher, be it maylay or brawl

was there a high interest for brawl players for this? because I can see if i can talk to the local lan center in orlando. They were supposed to host a tourney on 5/29, but I'll see if i can get it pushed back a week to replace this. Or better yet, I could help run brawl at WATO10 for you guys (I wouldnt enter singles at all to run the tourney, but I would at least ask if someone could help while I entered teams). Let me know what the general consensus is so I can figure out the best course of action

Ran iji, epic post about our community. We all might as well be blood brothers. We may fuss and fight over whos better because in a competitive community we all have a superiority complex...but we are still family.

Edit: and plank...its not your fault man. You're still good in my eyes as far as top notch hosts go

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX if you would be willing to take over brawl...then that would be pretty amazing.

Brawl MIGHT happen at WATO10....

Ill see whats up.
gimme a mic and a laptop and I GOT YOU SON

all i ask is someone help me during teams cause i reeeeeeeeeally want to enter. but singles ill willingly sit out to get **** ran faster

sixpod

Smash Rookie
"if there IS a payout...remember Game Unicon"

Manny actually fought with the heads of GU to make sure the players got paid!
I will be there in FLorida and hell if it doesn't happen then it looks like others are stepping up to host other tourneys

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
imo, good decision plank. I was b/t the choice apex or this. Now for sure, i'm going to apex =)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
guys can someone link me to what happened? like planks post or something? too many ppl posting so fast

so far I have:
im guessing GAMME cancelled due to a scam?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Don't give out personal phone numbers to harass people. Also that isn't even the guys phone number according to Plank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom