• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

황미영

Smash Champion
Oh wow... Well those tips AZ gave us better be put into use every time a huge tourney is announced or something in order to avoid problems.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Let's assume that what has been suggested, is not true (for theory sake, not some Optimist "HEY I THINK THIS GUY IS COOL, LET'S TRUST HIM LOLOL" BS). Because of these posts, you know a lot of people will not go or have canceled or what not. If there were to be prize money, it would be reduced because now obviously fewer people are going.

SO, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THIS BAD NEWS IS TRUE OR NOT, PRIZE MONEY WOULD PROBABLY BE LOWER THAN EXPECTED BECAUSE OF THE DOUBT ALREADY INSTILLED IN PEOPLE.

This makes it even more feasible to not go, which further drives down the potential pot, and it feeds itself in a cycle.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'll post more in the morning but here's what it comes down to. I feel like I've already been ****ed, and my naivety has already ****ed people who already bought tickets.

I don't feel like this event is going to end up being what it was originally told it was going to be to me, and I refuse to have my name involved with something sub-par.

To everyone who bought tickets:: I apologize greatly. I did not foresee this coming at all. I thought it would be a great chance to help the community but with multiple unprofessional/shady moves over and over I have to warn my community that I am no longer confident with this organization. It is my duty as a TO to provide you guys with the best possible tournaments, and this tournament is DEFINITELY not panning out to my standards.

This is my community, and even if everything I've thrown hasn't been perfect, I at least try my best. I do my best to answer people's questions and do everything I can for everything to be great. I feel helpless at this tournament and I do not feel in control at all, so i refuse to involve my name at all.

I talked to the guys tonight and as far as I know they are still throwing the tournament, there is still a 3k bonus pot, and they have the setups, etc, etc, but I've been lied to, mislead, and fabricated to over and over to the point that I don't know what to believe any more.

What it comes down to is I respect my name and standing in the smash community more than a company I don't trust. I have to bail out before I get in too deep, I already feel like I'm probably down $600.

Sorry guys, I really am.

I have more than a handful of reasons to feel the way I do, and this is REALLY not an easy decision. I've talked to so many people and weighed all the options, but this is just how it has to be. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. I now remember why I don't work with other people.

edit:: If you have any doubt about my reasonings in this move, please contact me. <3 you guys. Sorry again =[

january 15th, 16th, and 17th, 2011.

-Ran

Smash Master
You're only human, just like all of us. The Smash Community by its nature is a very trusting one. We want to believe that everyone around us is nice. By and large, this rule of thumb tends to be what our community is. We freely give out homes, rides, and information, yet not everyone bleeds the same blood as we do. Our passion for our community gives us a morality that is unheard of, which makes instances like this sting the most.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
not even that its too late to get rom 3 ... but my potential attendance might be hurt because they already bought tickets to this ... and i wanted to give the less fortunate people a chance to go to a RoM tourney and plan wayyy ahead ... but this is just soo so so ****ed up ... how can people be soo horrible

i really wish this was closer to nyc ... so i could just have a RoM special edition ... Rescue of melee LOLOL

**** yo ... if people still want a tourney in early june i can host sumthing but i mean it wont be RoM 3 ...

i just really feel bad for the people that paid for those hotel rooms ... and planned all these things ... my god ... this is sooo ****ed up !
werd, i feel like ****in somebody up! and dat ***** still owe me, mango, m2k, jman, dj and chad money. and das only the ppl i kno of and then theres the brawlers. **** dis *****! if i knew where he lived i'd send tubesteak to his out right now to punch him in the ****in mouf!!!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
It's an easy solution

If this tourney gets cancelled then we just get a nearby FL tourney in orlando hosted by either Frames, or by FL gaming (so Todd can pay me and the others back for Winterfest)

might as well at this point right?

is the tourney still happening june 4-6
and with a 3k pot?

im kinda confused now <.<

-Ran

Smash Master
Basically Plank no longer wants to be associated with GAMME in anyway. From what he's seen, he feels that it's going to be a very, very bad experience for everyone. He doesn't want people to look at this tournament and blame him for any problems that would occur. Basically, he's smelled the **** storm a month early, and decided to tell everyone. Though they claim there's a 3k pot, the debt they are going to incur for the event is massive. The money will most likely not exist.

If someone that was backing it so heavily is avoiding association with the event, I don't want to be anywhere near it.

Sure, Florida could host a tournament, but they'd need to find a venue on short notice, advertise, and other things. It's a ton to do in a short amount of time.

-Ran

Smash Master
Sounds like another winterfest thing

can we get some way to confirm if the 3k is guaranteed or not?

maybe a contract or something... this sounds really risky...
Not really. Even if you sue them for wrongful advertising, the amount of money/time you sink in is not worth it. It's just best to write it off, or take a gamble on Plank being wrong.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Yea, I already have a plane ticket and hotel paid for. I'm goin to this **** anyway.

-Edit- In response to Snap...I wouldn't call me one of "the best" haha. Maybe in teams? ^_^ But yea, MM for sure.

Nicaboy, fox vs. sheik? Yeee. I'm decent at that matchup =P
As for the teams MM, yes, absolutely.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Im betting they won't have a pot at all =\ or at least not the guaranteed pot.
Either way, Smash attendance just got shot in the face. With MLG the same date too, I don't see many people coming now..

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It's an easy solution

If this tourney gets cancelled then we just get a nearby FL tourney in orlando hosted by either Frames, or by FL gaming (so Todd can pay me and the others back for Winterfest)

might as well at this point right?

is the tourney still happening june 4-6
and with a 3k pot?

im kinda confused now <.<
These nearby tournies cost a lot of money to set up, especially in short notice(relative to what TOs are use to)

The 3k pot was given by someone of a company who can afford to put up that money for advertisement for himself and his sponsors. If it gets canceled, then I highly doubt there will be another TO that will put in an extra 3k into the pot.

:( it sucks, I was looking forward to it. Oh well, at least Plank got out of it before it got too bad.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
**** this sucks. Hope things go well Plank in some other way that it can.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
M2K: you are never gonna see Winterfest money man. And Planks point is that supporting this tournament is just like supporting the other shady events (Winterfest, Gamunicon, etc). He doesn't want to be a part of a process that is poorly managed/run and quite possible shady.

There are still no sponsors announced for this event or a website. And the event is promising like 20k in prizes across multiple games. This, along with many things I'm sure plank has seen from the inside, are all bad omens.

Plank: good **** standing up for the community and making sure it doesn't get con'd. Even IF this event happens and everyone gets paid I think you still made the right decision from the information you have at this point in time.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Sucks I'll never see my Winterfest money lol. Oh well. I'll still go to Florida in June whether there's a tournament or not, just to chill with my ***** Colbol =)

skrach8

Smash Lord
1. Good **** plank for getting out now. Respect.

2. Did alot of OOS players buy tickets?

3. If so, I host the NOOB tournament series, which could replace this tournament. I obviously cannot promise a 3k pot, but seeing as how a bunch of OOS bought tickets, why waste a plane ticket, beautiful weather, and some of the best smash players in the country?

4. If you have any doubts about the credibility of the tournaments I host all you have to do is ask Hungrybox, Colbol, Shiz, KSpeedin, QDVS, ROCKCROCK, Linguini, the rest of florida and the great state of Georgia.

YES, the list was a must.

YES, you should ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL respond accordingly.

YES, you will not be dissappointed.

YES, the smash community still loves plank and all the hard work you have done.

GET AT LOU!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. Yep good ****.

2. I didn't but I wanted to, I'm the person who... lets say procrastinates.

3. Hey I'd be in for the tournament experience not the pot. I have no chance of winning ;D

4. Nah no doubts here.

I RESPONDED I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT HERE YOU ARE

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I'd refund your sheezy

Basically the dude promised plank 50 setups for 3 days. Also, the pot bonuses. Despite asking and pleading, Plank hasn't seen ANY proof that either is happening, and the tourney is a month away. You'd think the organizers would work with Plank more, let him in a the loop a bit, for a tourney this size.

I'm disappointed, but not nearly as disappointed as i WOULD be showing up there.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm sorry Plank, that really sucks. :/

Ugh, why do organizations like this always turn out to be Shady or unorganized?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MLG is on the same date as this so the attendance is shot.
Then this shady stuff has appeared and now even more people are not going.

If any of you can get refunds on ANYTHING having to do with this event(hotels/plane tickets...ect) please get it taken care of now. The chances of the pot bonus or ANYTHING this guy promised is pretty much not gonna happen(and never was). PLEASE dont take your chances with this event.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
1. Good **** plank for getting out now. Respect.

2. Did alot of OOS players buy tickets?

3. If so, I host the NOOB tournament series, which could replace this tournament. I obviously cannot promise a 3k pot, but seeing as how a bunch of OOS bought tickets, why waste a plane ticket, beautiful weather, and some of the best smash players in the country?

4. If you have any doubts about the credibility of the tournaments I host all you have to do is ask Hungrybox, Colbol, Shiz, KSpeedin, QDVS, ROCKCROCK, Linguini, the rest of florida and the great state of Georgia.

YES, the list was a must.

YES, you should ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL respond accordingly.

YES, you will not be dissappointed.

YES, the smash community still loves plank and all the hard work you have done.

GET AT LOU!
All of this. ^

Good **** to Florida for stepping up and offering an amazing alternative. I can also vouch for Skrach, albeit vicariously through other Floridian Smashers in my area. You won't be disappointed.

Good **** to Plank doing what was best for the community as a whole. I respect you more than ever, man.

Smooth Criminal

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I think a lot of people would be happy if Skrach hosted a NOOB tourny that same weekend as a replacement

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Let me point out that I don't feel that there is any malicious intent going on. I am pulling out because I feel the organization/professionalism is lacking and that I am not sure that everything stated that will be provided will be able to be there.

I think all intentions are good, and I know Manny has been really sick and in and out of the hospital which could definitely be a part of why things are not going so smoothly, but nonetheless I feel responsible and will feel WAY too guilty if something happens and there arent enough setups+the tournament cant finish on time, or if the bonus pots arent paid off, etc.

That being said anyone who still wants to go, please feel free. The registration for the tournaments themselves has to be done online, I think, while the registration for the venue/convention can be paid in person.

If anyone needs any information ill repost the original topic in the next post

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
FOR ANYBODY WHO WANTED ANY INFO

G.A.M.M.E. - Orlando, Florida - June 4-6 2010.
Here we go again guys.....

**********GAMME - Gaming, Anime, Music & Manga Expo**********

GPX is finally taking the step to add smash full scale to their AMAZING tournaments and everyone needs to attend! I will be the main tournament operator for future GPX smash tournaments, and you guys are in for an AMAZING line of tournaments in the future! This tournament has everything *Pound* had and MORE, since it is sponsored by a legit company. I am devoting just as much time to this tournament as *Pound*, I hope the community shows their support here as well. Remember those sweet projectors and that LCD tv up front+lots of the GOOD tv's in the center of the *Pound* venue? Yeah, ALL GPX stuff. Show support to the company and you will get what you want! Who's ready for the next big national? ^___^

When: June 4-6, 2010
Where: The Florida Hotel and Conference Center
1500 Sand Lake Road, Orlando, Florida 32809

Entry Fees/Payouts:

Melee singles: $15/person
Melee teams : $10/person
Brawl singles : $15/person
Brawl teams : $10/person
N64 Singles : $10/person

Venue fee: $30/person. Covers entire weekend of any game you want to play. Although I will be running smash it is NOT the only attraction of this tournament. Smash has it's own room with 49 FULL SETUPS. Again, GPX has 49 Wii's with brawl unlocked and 49 melee/brawl discs. Aside from smash, information on other games can be found on the GPX Thread listed right below, but I am keeping that out of this thread to reduce clutter and keep this smash based! For all smash related things, use this thread.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=212102

Gamme other games thread

or on the official GAMME website (still being created):

http://www.gamm-expo.com/

Event Registration is UP!

You buy the passes for the games you want to participate in and one of the venue passes. On march 1st the price hops up to $35, the only increase for this tournament (much to my dismay, I love making you guys pay every month! LOL

Other games include:

Tekken 6 (ps3)
Soul Calibur 4 (ps3)
HD remix (ps3)
3rd Strike (tba)
Super SSIV4 (360)
and more.

Bonuses!
Brawl=$2k bonus to singles
Melee=$1k bonus to singles

Top 16 in melee go to DISNEYLAND FREE!!!!

Most events have a standard setup - you get charged some money, they take some off the top and then put the remainder into the pot and sometimes you don't know how much that is...That can be dirty, we don't like dirty.

GPX does not do that. We have sponsored Guaranteed Pots - That means the amounts listed above are what your getting no matter what happens...

On top of these set prizes entry fees will be added to the pot. Out of the $15 singles pot $5 will go to charities. $5, broken into $1 a piece to each of these charities: Donate2life, The MS Society, Miami Children's Hospital, St. Jude's and Toy's for Tots. This only applies to tournaments WITH bonus pots, teams full entry will be granted to the pot!

Ex. 200 entrants for brawl: $2000+ (200 x 10 = 2000) = $4,000 in the pot with $1k to charity!

50/25/15/5/5 - Brawl/Melee/Smash 64 (Tentative, more/less entrants changes # of payouts. You guys know I like to payout more.)

Amateur Buy-In tournament:

Players who don't make it out of pools are going to get a chance to play in an amateur tournament!!! Eliminated players get the chance to participate in a buy-back tournament that the top 32 players don't get a chance to participate in! Feel like you should've made it out of pools? Try your luck at the buy-in tournament and go for some good cash without having to fight the top 32!
Schedule:

The venue DOES NOT CLOSE!!! PLAY ALL NIGHTTTTTTTT!!!! We have as long as we need to finish events, although we will try to finish up at reasonable times.

Friday:

Melee Singles pools (while people find teammates)
Melee Teams pools

Saturday:

Melee Teams bracket:
Melee Singles bracket:
Brawl Singles pools:

Sunday:

Brawl Teams pools
Brawl Teams bracket
Brawl Singles bracket

n64 tournament runs all day on the side!

Setups!!!

GPXGaming typically provides all necessary setups for the tournament. They are providing 48 FULL setups for the entire tournament. This means 48 wii's with data to be used for both melee and brawl, 48 melee and brawl discs, and 48 amazingly big TVs. There is one more, 49th setup, to be setup on the stage for stage play. Players are welcome to bring their own setups because there is more than enough room to fit more!

Hotel deal:

The hotel is offering discount rates of 119.99 a night. Not cheap, but definitely still good considering the type of hotel it is!!!

Rules:

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
*Wobbling Banned
*Disqualification Rule: If you are LATE to a set and need to be disqualified, there is NO DISQUALIFYING TO LOSERS BRACKET. Play by the rules and be on time, the tournament is 24 hours open and in a hotel, so no excuse to be late!!! I know there was some controversy at *Pound* so i'm making the rule VERY clear in this post.

COMMUNICATION WITH TO'S IS A MUST!!!

*Pound* 4 Ruleset. Stages listed here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8685020&postcount=5744

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Any questions please contact me via PM or AIM, but as of now the stage discussion here is OVER, and so please do not spam the thread with that. I'm trying to compromise best for everyone.

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-50 ledge grab limit for singles.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Kasht's Doubles Edgegrab Rule: No more than 100 edgegrabs per team per match or the specific game is forfeited.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium
-Castle Siege

Stage striking for first match.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

All other questions of rules will be directed to me or GPX gaming.

The www.gamm-expo.com site will be up very soon, our placeholder is up while we finalize our beta site. information will be available on www.gpxgaming.net site as well as our social networks and twitter announcements.

Plank Aim: Dream Thieve
Plank Email: Coliemailhere@yahoo.com
Plank Phone: 301-788-8085

Gpx Info:

GAMME Facebook
GPX Facebook
Capcom-Unity
GPX MySpace
GPX Twitter
GPX MeetAGamer

Rules and Information again are available on the GPX Gaming Website - We will be constantly updating them to make sure it is as accurate and easy to understand as possible.
***For a listing of games our event will have for freeplay and Casuals please visit our constantly updated Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom