• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks

Smash Hero
well we were considering driving 24 hours or w/e from Maine

somewhat glad about not having to drive that far...and simultaneously EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED

sucks ****

^edit- APEX FOR THE ****ING WIN

JPOBS

Smash Hero
word yo, FL needs to step up and host a tourny this weekend in the sted of gamme.

make it happen.

idea

Smash Master
lol i bet it's trolling, i don't think plank would cancel it this way. unless he was really angry at something being canceled on him. if that even happens. i've never met the guy.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

I'm never gonna get to go to Florida lol.
drumstick!

sixpod

Smash Rookie
I can say a few things, but I can not indulge too much since it's really not my place or my company.
I have been around Manny long enough to know when s***'s happening and I have been around as well as talked with multiple guests that are attending GAMME (not so much players, but VA's, etc). The hotel block is already sold out and flights for the guests have already been booked (this comes from the guests I have talked with and that I know personally).
I myself have spoke with Manny about the whole website issue and have more than once tried to bust his balls and get him moving on getting the final project our there for everyone, but alas you all know the result. I do know this though.. The price to cancel this convention is TOO high and it would be just as bad for the convention not to go as scheduled as it would be do cancel (big convention usually carry a hefty price tag for cancelling or changes to the contracts).

With that said, I will see you all soon in Orlando.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
if you're gonna talk like that why not make it 20 each? lol

plank if this tournament still happens i'll make fun of you less
lol oh broseph we (and by we i mean me) was just messing with you guys for that other comment you guys made:) you seem cool so i thought i play around a lil. but we should team mm just not 20 dollars lol. since im paying for both myself and roy to come here using a nice amount of cash already. also wtf is up this symbol thing.

plz dont be canceled :(

i must **** dj rome and kage!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I can say a few things, but I can not indulge too much since it's really not my place or my company.
I have been around Manny long enough to know when s***'s happening and I have been around as well as talked with multiple guests that are attending GAMME (not so much players, but VA's, etc). The hotel block is already sold out and flights for the guests have already been booked (this comes from the guests I have talked with and that I know personally).
I myself have spoke with Manny about the whole website issue and have more than once tried to bust his balls and get him moving on getting the final project our there for everyone, but alas you all know the result. I do know this though.. The price to cancel this convention is TOO high and it would be just as bad for the convention not to go as scheduled as it would be do cancel (big convention usually carry a hefty price tag for cancelling or changes to the contracts).

With that said, I will see you all soon in Orlando.
sad that the first question that comes to mind now is "and who the **** are you?"

not being a ****, I'm just saying...

DISCLAIMER: Everything below is pure speculation based on the information we've been given coupled with the lack of hard facts to support the multitude of promises that have been made.

Well wait...even if you're right and this event IS happening [simply because the alternative of canceling it will cost more than they'd lose by running it], you're talking about a guaranteed prize pot that cannot be believed, in good conscience, to be "guaranteed" [and from the sound of it, the actual payout would be severely less than what people are expecting...that is if there IS a payout...remember Game Unicon?], as well as "sponsors" that may not be real, which then leads to a lack in funding for...say...TVs? Setups? Tables? Chairs? Not to mention the ridiculous list of other events/performances/etc that will supposedly take place at this convention.

Anyone attending as they'd planned will only serve to reduce the amount of debt that will be incurred for attempting to run it, should it actually take place.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Anyone attending as they'd planned will only serve to reduce the amount of debt that will be incurred for attempting to run it, should it actually take place.
This quote is 100% accurate.
The past repeats itself right? Just look at Kunicon. The dude ended up in massive debt and I honestly thought he fell off the face of the earth because of how ****ed he was.

Banks

Smash Hero
but wait, you only have to worry about this if you planned on winning money in the tournament right?

i was shooting for 5th, i'm all set, see you in ORLANDO

(just kidding)

Alukard

Smash Hero
Is it too late to get ROM3?
not even that its too late to get rom 3 ... but my potential attendance might be hurt because they already bought tickets to this ... and i wanted to give the less fortunate people a chance to go to a RoM tourney and plan wayyy ahead ... but this is just soo so so ****ed up ... how can people be soo horrible

i really wish this was closer to nyc ... so i could just have a RoM special edition ... Rescue of melee LOLOL

**** yo ... if people still want a tourney in early june i can host sumthing but i mean it wont be RoM 3 ...

i just really feel bad for the people that paid for those hotel rooms ... and planned all these things ... my god ... this is sooo ****ed up !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom