• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ooooooh thats some TO competitionnnnnnnn

Florida hospitality is mad legit though

Never been to NYC so I can't say
well not all NYC is as legit as me when it comes to hospitality...I also lived for a year in FL so I learned teh ways of awesomeness from you guys.

BTW Me and Plank are cool with each other and we want everyone to know we are not competing.

GPX is sponsoring this and Apex
Plank is TOing this and Apex ( I consider him a co-host really )

I find it good that eveyrone is gonna come to both ( that should be the goal )

PR - hope to see you at this and APEX you are guarenteed that both events will be HIGH QUALITY!

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Good stuff you 2.

Also Alex, is that the green hedgehog from Sonic Underground?

shiiiii

@Plaink

What did strawhats do?
Spam?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hahahah just posted a whole lot in the thread. i am excited.

and yes i will be TOing here and at apex, prolly handling most of the melee stuff @ apex i assume also have other tournies lined up in between and before and after. you guys will prolly be sick of me soon enough (:

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
This is going to be AMAZING. Can't wait. But if I have to study or do any work for college ...
I'll try my best to make this !!!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
as long as its just for singles...imagine what would happen if it were in doubles...scrubby teams would be all in this lol

Frames

DI
uh top 16 go to disney world not disney land...a small difference but its important lol especially if people come from wc, they dont want to go to their own parks LOL

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
Plank feel free to start a reg thread for the players here I can update that on the SRK board as well.

Make sure if your registering for the event to do so soon, The Fee to get into the event is @ $30 until march 1st!!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
blarghhh, national tournies. Im gonna try to come to this one but its so hard to spend $$ knowing you arent gonna make any back.
Preach it!

I second that motion lol. But I'm still gonna try my hardest to make this
Hmm so I guess we are going to try making it to this, genesis 2, AND APEX 2. this is going to be tricky... But I think we could do it :p

:link:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Can't wait to see everyone again! We are going to Universal studios/islands of adventure probably on Tuesday/Wednesday after the tourney so anyone who is trying to stay later, CHILL WITH US!!! (me, chillindude, chinesah, my gf and her friend)

No reason to go to orlando if ur not gonna get the best out of it ;D

clowsui

Smash Legend
this, apex AND the showdown? this is a year for huge tournies but three competing against each other esp. one right after the other (GAMME + showdown) sucks :(

i can't wait to watch this though...if i'm not at a tourney this weekend

Scar

#HarveyDent
hey we need to petition other TOs who care about melee to postpone their events...

GAMME is the place where we as a community can unite and show other gaming communities what we're made of and why we're really ****ing special (and by that i mean melee bc brawl is boring as **** and no one will be like holy **** we need to learn how to play this game)

i think that everyone can recognize this simple, important fact.

if my facts are true then this is the real tournament to attend, and not at all because of TO ability or player attendance at this point or any hype generated so far

this is the tournament to attend because we as a community are worth being sponsored

it's stupid that plank had to pay money to get space, to get TVs, etc etc -- for a game that's worth someone ELSE's money and resources to do it for us. GAMME is our opportunity to get on a regular schedule with a company who can align its interests with ours

this is my personal request to alex strife and whoever is running showdown to seriously consider pushing your tourney to a later (or earlier) date in the hopes that some day (possibly very soon), if this tournament does well, these same people (or other sponsors) will approach YOU and hope to have YOU organize a tournament that THEY will help promote, advertise, and provide resources for

plank's a good TO but **** these dudes should be talking to me too

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I announced apex way before anyone else. Not only that but it is 2 MONTHS after this. How long do you want me to hold it off. I have the entire world looking at my event as well for both games.

showdown imo is not gonna be as big as you think

GPX is sponsoring apex as well so to me it benefits Apex as well as Gamme

Scar

#HarveyDent
i'm saying dude it's not a competition, it's not even about what's fair

i understand that what's yours is yours and apex is your baby and you care for it very deeply

but if there aren't going to be other gaming communities with influential members in their respective games then it's worth less to the community

it's about something larger than yourself alex strife

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
but if there aren't going to be other gaming communities with influential members in their respective games then it's worth less to the community

it's about something larger than yourself alex strife
scar bottom line is that this has been tried so many times but the SRK community has done nothing but treat us like garbage. MLG was the ONLY company that has shown any bit of respect.

Think about it and do the research

evo Melee had a huge attendence

evo Brawl THEY decide to use items

drama ensues.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
is evo gonna have brawl this year? im mainly going for SFIV and for the fact that its vegas, but it'd be cool if they had brawl too

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya i'm going to both

apex is fine since it's after this but i still think that melee players should seriously consider allocating any moneys that they are going to spend to this tournament if there's a conflict in funds

just because -- regardless of what other communities think about us now -- if we have a kick *** presence here and some intense matches with the best players and a ton of EXTREMELY PASSIONATE fans (i.e. everyone in the melee community) i think we can start something up again

thanks to genesis and pound something is really going at this point, there is a ton of momentum in the community

not to knock apex, i'm sure it will be a great tournament, but for melee this is just my opinion

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
evo is not having smash at all.

Scar I respect your opinion but I think everyone should go to both.

Also I wont get into what I am offering at APEX since people who read my thread obviously know what , and who, I am bringing.

I'll just say next time scar please look at things before you post.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
evo is not having smash at all.

Scar I respect your opinion but I think everyone should go to both.

Also I wont get into what I am offering at APEX since people who read my thread obviously know what , and who, I am bringing.

I'll just say next time scar please look at things before you post.
****, no smash? o well

ill just get ***** at SFIV then explore vegas. how ever will i survive :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom