• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frames

DI
ya the disney thing is legit

i work there and have mad hookups...ask mango and lucky

they came to fl for a tournament...so i took them and 14 others to disney and hooked them up with free food and drinks

so ya.......where u at

plank dont worry hosts go no matter what...but if u made top 16 that would be more convenient lol

edit - i think i remember who went

it was me, pbnj, zoro, marin, mango, lucky, my work friend phillip, green mario, xif, hungrybox, my friend tim, **** i cant remember the rest im a bad friend lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ahh this looks so ****

if people have to choose between this and apex --sorry to say it but they need to choose THIS, cuz this has mad sponsors.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
ahh this looks so ****

if people have to choose between this and apex --sorry to say it but they need to choose THIS, cuz this has mad sponsors.
I would say save your money now and go to both. I spoke with Alex last night to help him with Apex and work with him on his event with what they need. I have his dates ready for us to support it with a ton of equipment...no seriously the truck weight will be over a ton...O_o

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol if you live in fl you dont have to choose
this post is too true

we in FL can do both

frames, you should do top 8 from each game for those disney tickets. i mean, i dont think ill be getting top 8 anytime soon, but show us some love

stingers

Smash Obsessed
of course 99% of people on smashboards would rather do both. but for some people that just isn't an option lol.

tw1n

Smash Champion
LOLing on so many levels XD
Do I dare even ask what happened??? I can see it now. Plank was running away from police... then he grabbed a wall and wouldn't let go. Even tho police were everywhere... he would not let go. They couldn't get him off... so finally they rage quit on life.

Was I close??? :laugh:

Eggm

Smash Hero
How could gaming do that Eggm?
Well my smash tournaments that I run at the pizza shop I work at helps him (my boss) survive. Since the economy went in the toilet he has gotten way less customers and is barley making enough to stay afloat. And once a month I bring 20-30 people in there paying him 5$ each and buying all sorts of food and it gives him a nice boost that month like an extra 200$ or whatever. Something similar to this but on a larger scale. Small business is the backbone of the US economy. Also i just bought my 89$ ticket from NJ to MCO for this on jet blue (thanks gpx for that recommendation). And that's money I wouldn't have normally spent directly into the economy anytime you spend your money at all your helping it. If gaming were huge we'd all spend more and make money flow around better and faster. Obviously everything I mentioned was small scale, but every little bit helps and if gaming became bigger so would these examples.

Edit : And I'm like plank I do it for the love of the game and to help my boss out. I don't take any cut of the venue fee and do all the work of lugging my 5/6 tv's and 3 cubes back and forth from my house to the venue and personally pickup people from around the area all just so he can make more money and melee can get bigger/better.

Edit 2 : For anyone who missed he was asking how can gaming help the US economy if it became huge.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I plan on going to this!

Plank, I see in the rules that the ledge grab limit is 50, does this apply if the timer doesn't run out or is it always in effect even if the timer doesn't run out?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
blarghhh, national tournies. Im gonna try to come to this one but its so hard to spend $$ knowing you arent gonna make any back.

R3N0

Smash Lord
this looks effing epic, but i prob cant afford that =/ sorry guyz.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Who wants to ssb64 money match? I'll even money match you for an equal amount in melee and or brawl.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I might do a small stakes ssb64 MM for funsies. I still sorta suck, but I've been enjoying the game a bunch since I started playing on VC at smashfests.

I'll definitely play mad friendlies though, game's such an emotional roller-coaster (OMG I GOT HIT, THIS GAME SUCKS, I HATE IT... wait, I'm done being comboed... OMG I HIT HIM! THIS GAME IS ****ING AWESOME!!!one1!) :laugh:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Cool, ssb64 friendlies for sure. I'm not as good on VC since I'm used to a 64 controller but I'm still decent enough with a cube controller.

We can money match if you want, but no pressure. I'm happy just playing ssb64. I'll money match you for an equal amount in melee if that makes you feel better (I have been playing comp melee for 4+ years too though =]).

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Interesting thought Eggm.

I agree

Also I suggest people consider getting hotel rooms somewhere because I stayed at hbox's house for winterfest and it was hard to find a spot to sleep.

I wouldn't depend too much on free housing here

Faab

Smash Ace
God****it another tournament i don't wanna miss ... gotta give prio to apex though <3 chilling in NYC. I'm gonna try and make it and maybe bring a few dutchies.

<3 USA.

Linguini

Smash Master
God****it another tournament i don't wanna miss ... gotta give prio to apex though <3 chilling in NYC. I'm gonna try and make it and maybe bring a few dutchies.

<3 USA.
dawggg you dont know about that florida hospitality, even tho nyc is great and all, you dont know!

Frames is a beast!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
dawggg you dont know about that florida hospitality, even tho nyc is great and all, you dont know!

Frames is a beast!

wait til you stay at one of my tournaments !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom