• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
Manny you already know I'm down to help in any way shape or form! Btw are you going to EVO this year? I don't remember asking you at Pound 4.
Oh yes ^^

i GUESS i'll come to this thing...
I would hope so, Florida will be cheering for you brotha

This looks like an awesome tournament. But it could be more awesome. The lack of Brawl+ and Brawl- is lamentable. :3
I would like to see some of that there, the only problem is its community maintained software which means we are at the mercy of people bringing in those setups. We can not officially support it because Nintendo is going to be one of our sponsors. but if the community brings it out, great!

Scar

#HarveyDent
ummmmmm yep i'm going

Thanks to our sponsors, Melee is a great game that will never die, this is a good move.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm going to come and pressure as many people as possible to attend sponsors are sooo important I can't express it with words.

Edit : Right now flights from NJ are 190$. Gonna wait and see if better deals come up. If not 190 is totally acceptable tho for a tournament like this.

Lobos

Smash Master
I know my bro has gotten plane tickets from BWI to Orlando for $80/person.....southwest airlines too goodz

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol Too many summer tourneys! whatever I'll have to be at this and chill with my DA and Empire Arcadia Crew :). I miss Jeron lol

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm going to come and pressure as many people as possible to attend sponsors are sooo important I can't express it with words.

Edit : Right now flights from NJ are 190$. Gonna wait and see if better deals come up. If not 190 is totally acceptable tho for a tournament like this.
JetBlue has flights out of NYC to Orlando for ridiculously low prices...

hey i'm trying to sign up but

i don't think i can

there's no melee teams button
I just added the Melee and Brawl Teams buttons and updated the Entry fee so it is correct to what Plank recommended for the communities.

Our Charity payouts for this will be $5 off of the $15 for singles, the Teams pot does not get affected by the charity payouts because we are only doing that to tourneys with bonus pots. So GPX will post the charity for those ourselves.

Also we had some reports of EventBrite having issues with Paypal, so we signed up for Google Checkout for all the remaining tickets - give it until Monday, it takes 24-48 hours for the new service to activate to our event brite services.

but your event registrations are all live ^^

Kasht

Smash Cadet
I may get another deal with an airline for 10% discount on plane tickets. They are already dirt cheap, but PR is considering this event, so I'll keep you guys posted! :D

Kasht

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i am so excited for this, gonna be nice to have so many other people helping me and SETUPS THAT DONT GET TAKEN/MOVED!!!! BWAHAHAHA

thats the best part. too hard to keep an accurate numbering system otherwise =D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Wait what do you mean? LOL

Starbucks in the venue.... i can stay awake allllll day. WOOOO ^^

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Oh yeah I will be doing a TON of tournies in the future with GPX, big and small (:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Do you make lots of money doing that
haha no sir. i do it for the community and the game i <3 which ive spent so much of my life on.

they are centralized in miami actually but also do events in lots of other places and help other TO's with their events (they helped me at pound4). great guys and everyone needs to show their support here!!!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
haha no sir. i do it for the community and the game i <3 which ive spent so much of my life on.

they are centralized in miami actually but also do events in lots of other places and help other TO's with their events (they helped me at pound4). great guys and everyone needs to show their support here!!!
Ah, I see. I like that motive!

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Wow SF3

I gotta watch that.

So entertaining.

Maybe even play some "casuals" teehee, even though I've never played the game and I only watch it.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
Do you make lots of money doing that
While thats not a question you should ever ask someone lolz - We will be taking care of plank with whatever he needs, his events, life and so on. I know he loves to run events and we will be getting him events all over the World in the Smash Community. He does to Smash what we do to every other gaming community so its in line with our goals to grow the community everywhere with the best people and high quality events using the best equipment available and doing it for the community.

We are the best at what we do, and the reason we are the best is because we have the best people and we help train and grow the best people in the community. I know its very cumbaya thinking, but the more we work together on something the better the result.

We could do Smash on our own and do it well, but Plank + GPX = breaking the mold!

We don't do this for the money, if we make some money - cool, if we break even - that's great too - for us its building on all communities one event at a time.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
^___^ yes sir.

Plus, getting to travel around the world while doing smash events is pretty epic. Couldn't ask for much else =D

Eggm

Smash Hero
I really admire what you guys are doing for gaming in general. Its totally an untapped resource here in the US. If it got big enough I think it could even actually help the dwindling US economy. Problem is getting big time sponsors until we prove our selves you guys are the first step.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
How could gaming do that Eggm?
Retailer sells a game - competitors buy it or support it
supports people who design the game and builds money to a gaming company to develop more games

Tournament group runs this game for tourneys
competitors come and play
that means someone paid for a venue which pays its employees to maintain

Sponsors come and promote at these events which help the event run the tourney or pay for the tourney

tournaments promote the game more to the community

more people buy the game

company doing well produces more copies of this game or sequels to satiate happy audience

the cycle begins again

economically sound...

but a big portion of this is you the gamers - you have support your events which attract sponsors to help the promoters do their job better.

its always in your hands...

fortunately and unfortunately our economy is built on the faith we put in the dollar...which means the more we spend on any one thing cycles into other areas which affect other peoples ability to spend continuing the cycle...

**** did I just start talking economics...my god im a nerd...O_O

ok its true I am a nerd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom