• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "It's a Piece of Cake" Smashfests (Jan. 31st)

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
wow, I've got work Saturday so I can't make it but I know Waka and Sil are going to try and go, but expect them to be playing too much brawl, they are more or less 64 fans aswell as melee.

Nope

Smash Lord
Quivo you coming again? I want some friendlies if we don't play in tourney again. Also how did texas go?

at the moment we have 6 coming down for sure I haven't talked to wakka or Sil

wakka444

Smash Ace
yea seeing as i just randomly moved far away im going to have a little more trouble going but ill be there most likely

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Man, this is the same day as ohayocon... Hopefully next one you host I'll be able to attend.

Hence

Smash Ace
I'm missing day two of Ohayocon for this, confim me. :)

EDIT: Confirm Pdiamond too, he is willing to bring his video capture card if no one has one.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
I'm missing day two of Ohayocon for this, confim me. :)

EDIT: Confirm Pdiamond too, he is willing to bring his video capture card if no one has one.
Yes, I will bring my capture card and laptop if I can come. I can't confirm anything. Hopefully I will be able to xD

And if I can I'll be arriving with Hence.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
It's time for some tourneys people. We'd have like 2 dozen for singles.

Oh yea, to avoid what happened last time, even though my makeshift team placed like 4th or something, anyone want to team for doubles (even if it's just another no-stakes tournament)? Pretty please.

Nope

Smash Lord
Tourneys in the near future! my schedule is pretty booked for Jan with other tourneys but I am meeting more people throughout the Midwest so expect a tournament in Springfield sometime in March/April. I'm going to start looking for venues nearby.

lou4222

Smash Lord
This is going to be sweet. It looks like we might get over 20 to this smashfest. If we can get 20 people to this smashfest we should be able to get 40? to a tourney. If Cincy and Cleveland come that might be more incentive for outta staters to come. Im pumped. Putting Springfield on the map one event at a time:).

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
this may be the only time i ever bring this up but....here it goes....

anyone for some roy dittos? ;D my roys not that good. xD

also, holtz, i havent had much brawl play lately so expect to faceroll me....again. :-)

EDIT: and dont worry Dylanx, you, for the most part, are around the age group for some of us anyway. so the only old one there is more than likely going to be Holtz and Cake ;D

wakka444

Smash Ace
asjdfhdsjfhdsgadfsg
i roy ditto you all the time, plus you know a majority of people here are brawlers only>.>
his roy is alright...beats mine.....

Nope

Smash Lord
old lol? I'll be 22 this February your just jealous! also you can always come over during the week to practice up some brawl. I have a new secret wep for you as well =p

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Yes, I will bring my capture card and laptop if I can come. I can't confirm anything. Hopefully I will be able to xD

And if I can I'll be arriving with Hence.
You need to come. Without you there are no videos because somebody hasn't been posting them on youtube.

Get ready for my Lucario this time. Now that I know how to properly DI (embarrassing to admit I've been doing it to about half effect), and I've been picking up a few other characters along the way, mostly to deal with Nano's arrow spam:chuckle: (unfortunately the Pit board's matchup thread is only half complete so I had to wing it on the counter pick.

Last off, tourneys! 2 dozen people! 4% hopefully! Once I've played him, I can start my list of big Ohio players I've gone against.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
It's time for some tourneys people. We'd have like 2 dozen for singles.

Oh yea, to avoid what happened last time, even though my makeshift team placed like 4th or something, anyone want to team for doubles (even if it's just another no-stakes tournament)? Pretty please.
As always I can't get any solid word yet on who in my crew is able to go, but if the usual three of us do one of us will be down a team mate, so there's a potential one for you. Suffice it to say I definitely want to and will make an effort to get my Crew to go.

Also Fizzliepop you need to learn Go so you can apply for our Crew.

Also also you can all blame Worfie when I clean house with Diddy.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I thought you had a four-man crew. Oh well.
Next time I think I might be able to place well again in the tourney cause my Lucario is still pretty sweet. I'm gonna have to practice a little more with Scribbs to make my Wario worth while, and the rest of my characters will be a surprise.;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I guess I could google "how to play go" soon and learn it in time for the 31st. Besides It'd be good to be in a crew and finally get a chance to take on Cinci. By the way, how good are those guys anyway? They seem intimidating (even though I'm pretty sure Scribble has a better MK than Overswarm).

lou4222

Smash Lord
Its sweet that people are starting to get better. I cant wait for this next smashfest. We need to get some cincinnattiers to this. We might get too big for your house holtz. But I guess thats a good problem to have to deal with.

Dylanx928

Smash Rookie
I'm Mostly going to be spectating this. im not that good at brawl, but i am at melee. They are kinda different and hard to get used to. I dont even have my wii yet

Top Bottom