• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
if you're releasing a beta, then count me in. i've got a wii, brawl, and nothin' to do this week.
I have a entire week off from school this week and got no plans for anything else, so it would be perfect (for me) if you released a beta for us to test out. :D
i'd be interested in a copy of MK64.
Beta sounds fun. S:
Ok, it's decided, I'll upload the beta today, it will be an open beta, so anybody will be able to test. I'll try to fix a little the warps and then I'll put it in mediafire

I as well would be very interested in MK64, though I'd prefer if it went over an existing stage (probably Luigi's Mansion or Mushroomy Kingdom if possible, seeing as how those two stages are the only mario related ones I have that don't have awesome textures yet...)

Though I wouldn't mind having another stage overwritten for it, as a buddy of mine is working on getting the multiple-stage-hack-selector thing-y going for us.

He hasn't had time to implement the additional stage icons though... so I still can't get the online waiting room stage going yet...
You can get the default code PW posted anyway O.o Well, I could try to make a MARIO BROS version, that's my intention for the final release, didn't think on doing it now... But I'll get it a try. Anyway, you can use rel files to make it work in any stage, as the version I'll release today will be compatible with both Final Destination and Wifi Room

Some pics of how the stage is now:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm fine with it going over WWR as there are usually too many unintentional problems that come with having it replace other stages.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm fine with it going over WWR as there are usually too many unintentional problems that come with having it replace other stages.
This, but definitely try others and see what you can do. I'm just tired of FD and Battlefield being picked a million times for all the best stage creations.

Also, that looks almost identical to the original. I can't wait to play on it!

Giga_Bowser129

Smash Rookie
Galacta Knight stage

Is it possible to make a 3D version of Galacta Knight's room from Kirby Super Star Ultra? I'm working on a playable Galacta Knight to replace Meta Knight so I'm thinking of making a stage for him too.

Mit

Smash Ace
Stage looks incredible Mewtwo. Can't wait to try it out.

Were you planning anything more for the platforms in the middle, like maybe making them move up and down on their own to a slow animation? I know it's pretty much impossible to make them actually react to weight on them...

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yeah, my first though was making one up and the other down and then falling, just as if someone landed on one of them... Not implemented yet for today's release, though, they're just static platforms

Perhaps I do that, them moving slowly as if a motor moved them, I don't know yet

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Even if you could get them moving up and down by themselves without weight influence, that would be cool. Is it possible to take some sort of platform effect from another stage (if a weight-based one that goes up and down exists for that matter) and apply it?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Yeah, my first though was making one up and the other down and then falling, just as if someone landed on one of them... Not implemented yet for today's release, though, they're just static platforms

Perhaps I do that, them moving slowly as if a motor moved them, I don't know yet
well i don't know too much with this kind of stuff but if they were falling platforms that fell very slowly and stopped at a certain point when someone was on one and idk how but if somehow the other was going up as you do that

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Though it was possible, it would be impossible for the other platform go up at the same time, and the rope should react aswell (I've made the rope in a way than if you move the platforms, the ropes only have to be resized, not moved, to follow the platform)

All that is very delicated, and don't think any thing coming up. Just animation moving will be enough, can't do anything more ^^U

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Is it possible to make a 3D version of Galacta Knight's room from Kirby Super Star Ultra? I'm working on a playable Galacta Knight to replace Meta Knight so I'm thinking of making a stage for him too.
Should be possible. Might require some vertex hacking though. If I run into any snags when I start work on the Lake of Rage, I can maybe help you out with this.

Mit

Smash Ace
Yeah, animation moving up and down slowly should be more than enough (hopefully the two platforms will be opposite in their movement though, so when one is up, the other is down). I think they should go slowly as well, just so that they keep their unique positions longer when you actually end up fighting on them. Sometimes they'd be all the way up/down, sometimes they'd be even, etc. They never moved fast in Smash64 anyways when you landed on them.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo, is there any way to reverse the direction Coneria goes when it is scrolling? And then make it faster and like loop?

Because Im in the process of making Falcon Flyer in a World that Never Was Corneria for Boss Battles for a project Im working on, if this isnt possible (the reverse direction part) then its okay

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
While I really don't have much experience in this stage hacking stuff, I'd say yes because Mewtwo2000 made a Falcon Flyer stage that scrolled backwards instead (pretty much the whole stage was mirrored).

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Mewtwo, is there any way to reverse the direction Coneria goes when it is scrolling? And then make it faster and like loop?

Because Im in the process of making Falcon Flyer in a World that Never Was Corneria for Boss Battles for a project Im working on, if this isnt possible (the reverse direction part) then its okay
While I really don't have much experience in this stage hacking stuff, I'd say yes because Mewtwo2000 made a Falcon Flyer stage that scrolled backwards instead (pretty much the whole stage was mirrored).
It should be possible, as Hozu said, I reverted the tunnel of the Falcon Flyer stage, you could invert the frames in the animation as a last resource... But I think it can be easier than that, making use of 180º rotations and that kind of stuffs, if you try it and don't succeed I'll try too

BTW, I'm about to release the MK64 beta, I think the warps work a little better and graphically it's almost complete... I know most of the failures / not yet done things of the stage, but tell me everything you find because there could be something I missed

I'll keep developing it when released, and will be released again as 75m and mario bros when finished

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Sorry about the double post, but...

MUSHROOM KINGDOM 64 BETA IS UP

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mddowyjwd12

I hope you like it, tell me the things that are wrong and I'll take them in consideration to perfect the stage

Don't laugh so much when you see the warp system, anyway xD

It works as FD and as WWR, no matter which one of them, the same file is good for both

In the future will be released for other stages as I said, but I have no time now for that and I'll take my time to make it properly

Anyway, feel free to make youtubes if you want, I like when my stages appear in youtube xD

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
ok this is awesome but since i tested here is what ive found so far, i think the collision for dying upwards is too high, small problem. i know people haven't done any stages that has any enemies so i don't think the piranha plant thing is possible yet, the pipe obviously needs work and third pipe needs to work great job so far though

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Thanks, I noticed the dying upwards thing earlier, and I just forgot xD

The third pipe will work, it would be a shame if we always got to the correct pipe :p

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
ok i know i just posted but i remember with the original smash bros you would be in the magnifying glass before you died from the side but now you die before that happens

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
So camera needs to be more limited. I noticed that but not in dying, but playing 4 chars and camera going so far, thanks ^^

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
interesting... the teleport system is wonky, but its a nice first attempt at using the custom blocks in a stage. i'm not sure how to make it look smoother, outside of adding a "ceiling" collision under the fall through to prevent people from simply jumping out.... but even then i think they could time it to still cancel the teleport. eh, either way its still very nice. very good work.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
interesting... the teleport system is wonky, but its a nice first attempt at using the custom blocks in a stage. i'm not sure how to make it look smoother, outside of adding a "ceiling" collision under the fall through to prevent people from simply jumping out.... but even then i think they could time it to still cancel the teleport. eh, either way its still very nice. very good work.
well in order for it to be like the original it would have to cause the character to do some sort of animation and unable to control until their out

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Buckeye, AZ---Northern Arizona University
Ok, just a few minutes of playing around, and this is what I noticed.

I heavily encourage anyone using the warps (From Left to right, to be exact) to stand still while warping.

As Peach, I found that running/walking/etc. to the left works fine, though when doing the same to the right... well, among other things:

Fast eyes can detect the character flying through the air (starts in the upper left and curves toward the other pipe) Not really a problem to me, but I'll bet some will find it annoying...
It may, for some unknown reason, cause 27%, then 14% damage. (this may not be a problem with the teleporter, it may be because Zero Suit Samus clipped me with some attack or something, but it doesn't seem likely...)
While running to the right, Peach seems light enough to stop teleporting halfway, and instead appears falling down from somewhere along the curve I mentioned previously.

If there is any way to make the warp go upon "landing" in the pipe, rather than "standing" in the pipe, that might make it work better. (Right now, Peach lands, does her landing animation, then standing animation, then it warps after a bit) which is fine, because I can defend myself until I warp, but will probably annoy others

Other comments:

I believe the trap pipe in the center doesn't work? or its really rare... my apologies if you already know about it.

I think the other poster's ideas of auto moving the balanced platforms is the best solution, as the still platforms they are now seem... well, too static for me.

Other than that, this is an amazing stage, and I can't wait for more from you! (granted, I would never force anyone to do something on my schedule, so I guess I'll have to wait...)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
well in order for it to be like the original it would have to cause the character to do some sort of animation and unable to control until their out
There was no possibility on this. Blocking characters to not animate will be something more complicated than simply making a stage, it probably should be included in any way in the modules. And the characters should have an special animation facing the camera in order to enter the pipe

The thing is, I don't remember any other stage teleporting us in brawl (castle seige is not a teleport at all), so this is the first one, strange and cancelable, but it's working ^^U

Ok, just a few minutes of playing around, and this is what I noticed.

I heavily encourage anyone using the warps (From Left to right, to be exact) to stand still while warping.

As Peach, I found that running/walking/etc. to the left works fine, though when doing the same to the right... well, among other things:

Fast eyes can detect the character flying through the air (starts in the upper left and curves toward the other pipe) Not really a problem to me, but I'll bet some will find it annoying...
It may, for some unknown reason, cause 27%, then 14% damage. (this may not be a problem with the teleporter, it may be because Zero Suit Samus clipped me with some attack or something, but it doesn't seem likely...)
While running to the right, Peach seems light enough to stop teleporting halfway, and instead appears falling down from somewhere along the curve I mentioned previously.

If there is any way to make the warp go upon "landing" in the pipe, rather than "standing" in the pipe, that might make it work better. (Right now, Peach lands, does her landing animation, then standing animation, then it warps after a bit) which is fine, because I can defend myself until I warp, but will probably annoy others

Other comments:

I believe the trap pipe in the center doesn't work? or its really rare... my apologies if you already know about it.

I think the other poster's ideas of auto moving the balanced platforms is the best solution, as the still platforms they are now seem... well, too static for me.

Other than that, this is an amazing stage, and I can't wait for more from you! (granted, I would never force anyone to do something on my schedule, so I guess I'll have to wait...)
Thanks for the testing, I have not tested with peach or samus, and not seen if it damaged at all (it could as the character flies high)

I'll explain why the character "flies" from left to right: For an unknown reason, the walls cannot be surpassed if I make a one-frame teleport starting inside the left pipe. The character just keeps into the pipe. The only way I have gotten to make it work as being separed from the ground is a problem, is to make it take a curve in the air, a fast curve, but they are 3-4 animation frames, and they are visible. For an unknown reason again, the one-frame teleport succeeds from the right, but the thing is, inside the right pipe we have a wall too, why is this surpassed and the other one not? I have to test more, but my solution for now was the curve

No, the pipe in the center doesn't work right now, I wanted to upload the beta today and I had not implemented the second warp yet. It will work at the same time as the existing one, and the chances will be 50% if I do it well to get the wrong warp (the trap)

Platforms not animated for the same reason, not implemented yet, it's in my mind but it's not done yet, I probably do it move and fall sometimes

Thanks for the testing again, all of this is very useful to me in order to improve the stage ^^

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Completely random thought but...

The doors in SSE...

Someone could probably make a stage with those as teleporters...

As in, a character press's up in front of the door, they do the twirling-into-space-behind-door animation and the door closes on them.

Moments later, another door, elsewhere in the stage, opens up, and the character does the twirling-into-space-behind-door animation backwards, which ends with the door closing with them still there...

Does that make any sense whatsoever?

And my apologies, but I've no idea whether this is possible or not, as well as what kind of stage to make...

OH!

What if you used that animation for the warps? Assuming you can get those animations from the game anyways, just have it so they do the animation as they sink into the pipe (activate by up/down, like entering the doors I guess...), then reverse the animation in the exit pipe.

Now, does THAT make any sense whatsoever?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Those door things would be awesome, but I think it can't be done. The doors are easy to put in a stage, the animation is easy to take and be put into a stage aswell, but making the game respond an "up" to make the door open, and react the whole stage to the event is... I won't say impossible (in brawl almost everything looks like possible in the last days O.o), but very difficult

To make a warping stage as castle seige/lylat cruise is mostly easy, I plan to make one of this in the near future indeed ^^U

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Nice *downloads* i'll give you feedback when i can try it out
For Stormy Destination does anybody find sending me some suggestions via pm my brain is fried from the 7+ tests i took this week and i can't seem think of any good ones

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
I think I have it then.

The little red switches from Rumble Falls, anyone know if you can make them invisible (or at least the color of the pipe/background/pipe interior), as well as change their effects?

Have it so when the switch is pressed, anyone on the "platform" that is the pipe will get sucked in, and teleported?

Then just put it on top of the pipe, easily activated by a quick jab or some such thing.

You get the teleport without a button input effecting the whole stage.

Random-off-pipe-but-still-in-stage thought:

Take another switch, and have it so it can "cut" the ropes of the balanced platforms?

When the rope is cut, the platforms (both) fall, and after awhile the switch resets, the platforms reappear and the ropes reattach. It isn't exactly like the original, but they would still fall anyways.

EDIT: I'd intended to describe similar features for the door, but the only real difference would be the door kinda sucks in everything around it, rather than what is just standing in front of it.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Mewtwo, MK64 looks great and I can't wait to try it. Just because of the effort you're putting into all of these stages, I'd really love to see you recreate the other Smash 64 stages, more specifically, Metal Mario Stage and Peach's Castle. Also, can't wait for my favorite Melee stage, Fourside. ;}

Oh, and by WWR, does that mean I need to rename the .pac to WWR's name, or Rumble Falls, since WWR replaces it? I'd just like to keep my FD in tact, if possible. If not, then it's fine.

Sorry, other dude, but your Metal Mario stage is very weird. And it's way too big to be an accurate representation on Metal Mario stage, which normally is very small. Thanks for working on it though.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of turning this into a stage?

This is a place from Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 5. It is from the Stinkoman game. I know I probably should have thought of a better stage from the Homestar universe but sadly this is all I can think of. I'm putting this out there because I want to know if people would like if I made this into a 2D stage. Also I am very open to ideas for other Homestarrunner stages. I thought of Bub's Concession Stand but I just can't figure out how to go about making that.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
I have a few questions.

1: how do I change the starting locations of characters in 2D stages?

2: How do i change the camera? Sometimes it doesn't work right.

Thanks

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I think I have it then.

The little red switches from Rumble Falls, anyone know if you can make them invisible (or at least the color of the pipe/background/pipe interior), as well as change their effects?

Have it so when the switch is pressed, anyone on the "platform" that is the pipe will get sucked in, and teleported?

Then just put it on top of the pipe, easily activated by a quick jab or some such thing.

You get the teleport without a button input effecting the whole stage.

Random-off-pipe-but-still-in-stage thought:

Take another switch, and have it so it can "cut" the ropes of the balanced platforms?

When the rope is cut, the platforms (both) fall, and after awhile the switch resets, the platforms reappear and the ropes reattach. It isn't exactly like the original, but they would still fall anyways.

EDIT: I'd intended to describe similar features for the door, but the only real difference would be the door kinda sucks in everything around it, rather than what is just standing in front of it.
I'll take a look to those switches, but anyway, although it worked, it would be obligatory to make the stage a Rumble Falls replacement.

Anyway, if the teleport system is the same, but synchronized, the problems would be the same in terms of scaping of the teleport

Anyway, it could be interesting if possible

Mewtwo, MK64 looks great and I can't wait to try it. Just because of the effort you're putting into all of these stages, I'd really love to see you recreate the other Smash 64 stages, more specifically, Metal Mario Stage and Peach's Castle. Also, can't wait for my favorite Melee stage, Fourside. ;}

Oh, and by WWR, does that mean I need to rename the .pac to WWR's name, or Rumble Falls, since WWR replaces it? I'd just like to keep my FD in tact, if possible. If not, then it's fine.

Sorry, other dude, but your Metal Mario stage is very weird. And it's way too big to be an accurate representation on Metal Mario stage, which normally is very small. Thanks for working on it though.
If you are using the Rumble Falls -> WWR code, then you must name it STGONLINETRAINING.pac and it will load for you. Anyway, the best way to play it is having the stage expansion system that Phantom Wings created, and Mushroom Kingdom could be one of the 9 extra stages

I have a few questions.

1: how do I change the starting locations of characters in 2D stages?

2: How do i change the camera? Sometimes it doesn't work right.

3: How do I add more collisions? I'm stuck with the ones I start off with.

Thanks
1- Go to the model in modeldata[100] (stageposition or something similar) and preview it. The starting locations are Player0E, Player0N (for first player), Player1E, Player1N... Just select them and edit. You can make it with brawlwall too

2- Same place, get the CamLimit nodes to get the max position on the upper left and the bottom right

3- Alt + Click adds new points. Alt + Click when a point is selected makes a new plane

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
I'll take a look to those switches, but anyway, although it worked, it would be obligatory to make the stage a Rumble Falls replacement.

Anyway, if the teleport system is the same, but synchronized, the problems would be the same in terms of scaping of the teleport

Anyway, it could be interesting if possible

If you are using the Rumble Falls -> WWR code, then you must name it STGONLINETRAINING.pac and it will load for you. Anyway, the best way to play it is having the stage expansion system that Phantom Wings created, and Mushroom Kingdom could be one of the 9 extra stages

1- Go to the model in modeldata[100] (stageposition or something similar) and preview it. The starting locations are Player0E, Player0N (for first player), Player1E, Player1N... Just select them and edit. You can make it with brawlwall too

2- Same place, get the CamLimit nodes to get the max position on the upper left and the bottom right

3- Alt + Click adds new points. Alt + Click when a point is selected makes a new plane
Thanks man. Here's a preview of my first 2D stage.

It needs a lot of work.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Mewtwo, some quick things about the stage:

- I think the ceiling is a too tall. MK64 was a big stage, but I just watched my computer Olimar Usmash a Ness at 130+ and not have him die. I didn't see the pikmin though.

- I know the pipes are still being worked on, but did you notice that you could somewhat camp in them? Fall in a pipe, attack with long attacks. Meta Knight, for example, can attack through it before he warps. Also, I don't know how it worked, but here's something else: I was Mario. I Fthrew a Ness into the block area right under the left side pipe. Ness hit the block under the pipe, got sucked in, and warped.

Also, is there any way to make the middle platforms go up and down? Or would only falling straight down, no up pullback, then respawning work?

Top Bottom