• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Oh sh-
Yes, you did.
This one is not all the way done and has sooooooooooooooo many glitches so i wont release it but if someone wants to pick it up then they can. anyways. Thats not the only one. I made another one that is Literally perfected. Not releasing for a while though.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
And what stages are even in that?
Mario Party Picnic and Smashville Plaza.

"Even when I put a model in the first spot for the Smashville stage I was trying to make, the stage collision STILL appears underneath the model.

And for the Mario Party Picnic stage, nothing shows up except for the stage collision and one (or two) Shy Guy(s). None of the characters have their actual stage animations done, so if you do get it working, they'll all show up overlapping each other."

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I have downloaded and tried out this stage, and I have come to the conclusion that is ridiculously amazing. 'Tis beautiful -- it's gone unnoticed because screenshots don't show the animation.

I have a request regarding it: would it be possible to port the stage to something other than ONLINETRAINING (or FINAL)? I want to give it distinctive music (namely What is Love) but I have some 20 other ONLINETRAINING stages that would not be suited to it. If you could somehow port it to, say, 75m, that would be the greatest.

If you do, I may try to make an alternate version using this: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/nessrocks08/Earthbound.gif

That said, please feel free to ignore this request in favor of completing some of your more-awaited stages such as Fourside and Mushroom Kingdom. Those still look amazing.
I'm never going to ignore a request, so here it is, Mario Villains as a 75m stage:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y0mioevq2an

I'm glad you like my stage ^^

It would be better if I could upload a video of it, but I have not got any video recorder for my notebook yet ^^U

Good luck on making the earthbound version ;)

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I'm never going to ignore a request, so here it is, Mario Villains as a 75m stage:

It would be better if I could upload a video of it, but I have not got any video recorder for my notebook yet ^^U

It's a shame. Everyone and their grandma want to leech your stages but no one feels like youtubing a stage for you in return.

But I wasn't any better, so enough rant here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOi_6IppKLU

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm wondering if it's the one I made. Did you use that DR?

Eldiran

Smash Lord

Sweet! Thanks so much! When I get the chance, I'll give some alternate versions a go. For now, I'll have one of the best 75m replacements ever.

Mit

Smash Ace
Mewtwo 2000, random question. Before you mentioned removing 'palettes' for various textures on stages.

How exactly did you do this, and would it work for any old texture? I'm trying to edit a certain texture right now that uses an RGB5A3 palette, and it's limiting my ability to make it look diverse and varied.

Please tell me it's as simple as deleting the palette D:

EDIT: Random updates.

I fixed this. It indeed turned out to be an error. There was a little texture there made for small lights that the stage gives off. It was replaced with a solid block of color instead of a light. I replaced it with a white light. The stage now gives off a small white glow.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nztfmotlkbq

This should finally be my final edit of this stage -.-

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Mewtwo 2000, random question. Before you mentioned removing 'palettes' for various textures on stages.

How exactly did you do this, and would it work for any old texture? I'm trying to edit a certain texture right now that uses an RGB5A3 palette, and it's limiting my ability to make it look diverse and varied.

Please tell me it's as simple as deleting the palette D:
Almost, it's quite simple but's not only deleting the palette

You must:

1- Open your stage with brawbox (obvious xD)
2- Expand the Modeldata where the models that use the texture are
3- For each model that uses that texture, go to materials1, select the materials that use your texture, expand and you will see the texture name. It has a property named DecalTexture. Just delete the name in it (the value of the property itself).
4- When done for all the models and all the materials that use the texture you want to remove the palette, just export the texture (as png, tga, whatever but not tex0 as it would keep the current format when you import again)
5- Import your texture again and save it as a non-paletted one. I usually use CMPR, but it should work with others

It's quite simple but I had to write here all the steps to make anyone able to make it, I hope this to be useful ;)

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Almost, it's quite simple but's not only deleting the palette

You must:

1- Open your stage with brawbox (obvious xD)
2- Expand the Modeldata where the models that use the texture are
3- For each model that uses that texture, go to materials1, select the materials that use your texture, expand and you will see the texture name. It has a property named DecalTexture. Just delete the name in it (the value of the property itself).
4- When done for all the models and all the materials that use the texture you want to remove the palette, just export the texture (as png, tga, whatever but not tex0 as it would keep the current format when you import again)
5- Import your texture again and save it as a non-paletted one. I usually use CMPR, but it should work with others

It's quite simple but I had to write here all the steps to make anyone able to make it, I hope this to be useful ;)
does this work on character too? 83

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
so, my hex editor is a piece of ****. who has a link to one that works?
Try Hex Workshop

does this work on character too? 83
I tried it when testing some things with my headgearless fox, and it succeeded

Same with a ZSamus, but not tested as a character, but as a stage

EDIT: Here is "what is love: mario villains" version 2, now is faster and more synchronized with the music xD

75m version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yxlmjtyqezz

Wifi Room AND Final Destination version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uggmygmjyvz

Enjoy and tell me if you like it more this way

primalmario

Smash Rookie
How could we let such wonderful hacks not be commented on.

I am loving the stages mewtwo_2000

i also like the Metal Mario stage

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It's called Battlefield. :laugh:

I bet we'll see Smash64 stages when the model importer is done.
If that so, I should hurry up in finish my Mushroom Kingdom 64 xD

Are any Smash 64 stages done yet? How about Dreamland 64?
Dreamland 64 is done, in 2D though, and a little bit bigger than it should be

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9377708&postcount=8

Anyway, it needs to be revamped as the background is low quality and it's too big to be played in a similar way to the original

Mit

Smash Ace
I tried it when testing some things with my headgearless fox, and it succeeded

Same with a ZSamus, but not tested as a character, but as a stage
And I can now confirm this :p I was actually asking because I planned to do this on a character texture. I did it on Diddy Kong today and it worked out.

CMPR indeed seems to be the best option, although, I think it was called RGB8? That one was much higher quality, but it made the game freeze when I tried using that format D: It would've been nice, though. CMPR is a bit blocky in its compression, but better than the other options.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I was thinkin... What if I release a beta version of mushroom kingdom 64 today/tomorrow?

People wouldn't have to wait as much and I would be able to fix it better as I would get feedbacks about the wrong things in the stage... Furthermore, the stage is almost ready...

I'll see what to do later xD

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'd like a beta to test the stage. What glitches are you expecting us to see though.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Cameras, spawn points, the weird teleport system... Everything that various people can detect better than only one ^^U

PD: I'm now working on it to place the last textures... No koopas will be moving in the background if I upload the beta today, but that's a minor question anyway xD

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I have a entire week off from school this week and got no plans for anything else, so it would be perfect (for me) if you released a beta for us to test out. :D

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Buckeye, AZ---Northern Arizona University
I as well would be very interested in MK64, though I'd prefer if it went over an existing stage (probably Luigi's Mansion or Mushroomy Kingdom if possible, seeing as how those two stages are the only mario related ones I have that don't have awesome textures yet...)

Though I wouldn't mind having another stage overwritten for it, as a buddy of mine is working on getting the multiple-stage-hack-selector thing-y going for us.

He hasn't had time to implement the additional stage icons though... so I still can't get the online waiting room stage going yet...

Top Bottom