• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Looks excellent. Can you add ledges to the moving part, and can you add a ledge conditionally to the central platform when the moving part is not under it? I played Mastaklo's version and recovery was one of the worst parts.

curtsa01

Smash Rookie

Sooooo, I finally came back to this level to try and fix the pokemon T-stance and shadows, but I'm having no luck fixing them.

Here is the link to a download of the stage, I'd really appreciate someone seeing if they could fix the problem, or just trying out the level before I post it on Brawl Vault.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vaqalea3i0reyi0

Edit: As the file name implies, the stage goes over Brinstar originally.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Your issues with the spawn points are because they are a touch too low.
Just add 0.4 to all the spawn points's Y axis and problem solved.

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
I tried adding .4 to each spawn point, as well as other positions above and below the floor, but the pokemon are still motionless.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Something I've always wondered and never bothered checking, do independent Pokémon also T-Stance?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'm able to move the shadows in the Planet Zebes stage by moving the right bones (namely, the ones with "Shadow" in them). Unfortunately, the BrawlBox preview doesn't match the position in-game on the X axis, so it'll take some trial and error.
Also, the lava doesn't seem to rise to the level of the stage. Is this intentional?

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
Yes it was intentional, but not because I didn't want the acid. I moved everything up because the nodes and platform connectors in Brinstar are in the .rel file i think. I moved the stage up to avoid hitting those during gameplay. If anyone knows how to get rid of the nodes, I'd be willing to try it and move the stage back down.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Razanak had the same problem with it. Hopefully someone will find the values for those.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If you can, maybe you can look in Materials for clues on what material controls the unwanted shadow and change that type to 3.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
That's great, EY. I really need to submit some stuff there too...

EDIT: Can you put them all in a .rar so I can get all of them? The .txt too.

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
That's a great idea to put an expansion pack together now that all the levels from the N64 are done (or close, in my case). Feel free to use my Planet Zebes stage. If you do figure out how to get rid of those shadows and/or fix the pokemon T-stances, could you let me know what the problem was?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The shadows I just scaled to 0 in the animation, and I'm pretty sure they're gone now (I can only play in black & white at the moment, since I don't have composite cables.)
For the Pokemon Trainer, I just realized you didn't change those PokeTrainer0E/0N/1E/1N/etc. bones. They should be the same in X and Y translation as Player0E/0N/etc. I'll change that right now and see if it works.

EDIT: Doing that PokeTrainer0E/0N/etc. change moved the collisions upwards. :glare:
EDIT2: Here's the stage with no shadows: http://www.mediafire.com/?umq3qqa343b8a89

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
You just reminded of what happens when i play the stage with at least one pokemon trainer and at least one character that is not pokemon trainer. All the stage collisions move up and down along with the moving platform on the right. I don't know if that helps, but I guess it cant hurt to know that.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Can anyone think of a way to make a conveyor belt on an otherwise static stage? Could moving collisions be used for this?

I guess I could do something like that, but with a very small slope so the two platforms seem almost parallel.
The problem would be that when the animation loops, the characters on the conveyor belt would end up on the left platform (or slightly under it.)

n64billy

Smash Ace
Instead of making one long single piece of belt, have segments of them running in line with eachother, so that once a segment is completely inside the right platform, the animation loops starting from inside the left platform, any appears without causing and other trouble as if it was just a new piece...?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
How to edit what item spawns in wifi waiting room

Open st_otrain.rel in a hex editor. I use HxD.
Change the following lines at the offsets listed.

0x4C4 - 38800031 -> 388000XX
0x540 - 38800031 -> 388000XX
0x558 - 38800031 -> 388000XX
0x658 - 38800031 -> 388000XX

XX is item ID.

Item IDs can be found at http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Items

NOTE: Changing it to spawn item ID 00 (Assist Trophy) will not spawn anything.

Here's a rel that won't spawn any items.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
You can avoid WWR's sandbag spawn with the item spawn file from FD's .PAC

I changed the sandbag to something else, but with a code, so that's one cool find.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
There was a code I found that turns the Sandbag into some little star that hurts you. Touch it, and it'll never come back.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
If you want a stage with no item on it, just make it into an FD-compatible stage by adding a ModelData[2] (the Mewtwo2000 way). What standardtoaster's doing seems useful if you want a stage that repeatedly spawns some other item. (like Bob-ombs. Gonna try that right now.)

Top Bottom