• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Mass Carriers can beat players outright if you manage to hide them up until attacking with a dozen or more, like Sveet said. Mass Void Ray is usually just too fragile to work well against anyone who's playing standard.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I rarely come to this part of the forums, and zomg starcraft nerds <3 . Starcraft II is a huge part of my gaming / work life nowadays and I would love to play some games with smashers sometime~ Feel free to hit me up, I added myself to the list. Im only Plat but mehh

Jane

Smash Hero
i havent been playing, just following the korean pro scene. and speaking of which, HERO vs RAIN and MVP vs SYMBOL is tonight! cant wait to watch the vods tomorrow~~

Jane

Smash Hero
every set was really awesome.
i love MKP but life straight up humiliating him with dancing lings was hilarious/amazing.

i predicted everyone correctly in the ro8 for the second time in a row :3. predicting the ro4 will be much harder, and last season i got them wrong haha. but for this season i predict
rain over mvp, taeja over life. however i'll be rooting hard for life. future bonjwa right there.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I'm also going for
Rain/Taeja.

Anyone familiar with the Corsair K90? I was thinking about purchasing it, but the membrance F keys are a turn off. Just wanted to know, if anyone has it here, if it affects gameplay.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i'm finding sc to be so hard/stressful lately. Been playing a lot more league lately.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i thought so too at first, they seemed so slow and boring.

i think they've just made me lazy.

edit: also protoss made me rage too much lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Mutas were really popular for a while because of the skill barrier associated with beating it. I still find it hard to beat. Its a heavy harassment style, so in short, you win if you don't die. If you can identify it early enough and you defend properly, you come out ahead and you kill them when they cut a corner to try to catch up.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
heh we should play sometime then cause my biggest issue is against toss, and i play zerg.

Everytime I go mass muta they just turtle up and defend into a huge army of stalker/archon/templar and just a-move into my base.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Maybe, I'll play you o.o But I'm in jitter mode, atm, lol.

But yeah, I don't do so well in PvP, especially late game. They tend to turtle me and deny my drops, lol. Any tips on approaching big deathball?

I looove PvP openings though, lol.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I'm having some problems with macro. I tend to get strangled up trying to figure out what I need to have when I get the money, which results in me going into a tech tree I don't get to use much, lol.

Also, how should I control my blink stalkers when facing mass VR?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I thought Protoss are generally able to afford going Robo+Twilight and the occasional Stargate?

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I really can't seem to be able to spend my money. When I play I think I'm doing fine, and I am, but then my attention just changes. The next thing I look I have 2 base and 3 gateways with 1.5k minerals/gas.

On another hand, Sometimes I spend my money pretty well, but it goes in the wrong place, so if I get dropped by Terran, I have a lot of buildings but not enough forces.

Ugh. I can't seem to find a balance with my money. In the early stages of the game, should I constantly be making units?

I'm even being told over chat that my macro sucks, heh.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
that will happen. When you hit 2 bases you will start off barely supporting your 3 gates. A minute or two later your econ will be in full blast. Keeping your macro in sync is about predicting the increase of economy and planning accordingly. What you spend your money on should vary from game to game, but generally you want to get to ~6 gates + your tech.

Against terran i generally 1 gate expo with a quick 2nd gate and tech. In the early stages of my 2nd base I go up to 4 gates, 2 forges + tech route while building probes. After the tech path starts nearing the end and 2nd base saturation happens, i start going up to 6 or 7 gates.

Defending drops isn't really about army size but more anticipation and preparation. Building location is key, don't artosis pylon and don't make it easy for them to drop harass (don't make it hard to walk units to key places in your base; don't make nooks that can be dropped to but zealots can't attack). Keep ~4 stalkers in your base and actively watch the minimap. If they already have units coming out of the medivac, you reacted too slowly. It happens to everyone; just walk the stalkers away and warp in zealots to tank. The real problem comes when they want to push the front while threatening with drops. If that happens you must hold on both fronts. The game plan doesn't change except you can't mess up or you lose. Make sure you're teching to storm/collosus while this is going on or else.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
They regenerate at the normal speed. If you storm drop, lift and idle for a minute, your HT will have enough mana to drop again.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Ugh. PvZ is easliy by worst matchup.

I just can't see how I can kill off a guy that keeps shooting lings/roaches while my forces slowly dwindle down.

Then when I start turtling, I get mass muta'd/

adsfjgojaifsaiodfjoadfasdfasdfgrgha

Lost every PvZ I played today, so I'm annoyed as high hell, right now.

Oh, MLG is up right now: http://www.twitch.tv/mlgstarcrafta

Grubby vs Flash first match of the day.

Jane

Smash Hero
ayo lone star clash 2 grand finals about to start! stephano vs bomber! should be a great series

here's the link to watch from day9's site
http://day9.tv/d/Day9/lone-star-clash-2-day-2/

bomber isn't exactly an elite korean player but regardless, he's good enough to where if stephano beats him, it will make a big statement (ALTHOUGH stephano does have home court advantage). i am a fan of both players so i'll be happy either way, i just want great games.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yup, just bought it for $20. Not sure when I'll be able to play it, as my weekend is gonna be busy, and school is getting ready to go into finals.

:phone:

Top Bottom