• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Lazzarrath

Smash Cadet
beta has been really fun so far, love a lot of the changes they made to the ui and things like ragdoll physics xD
I also love that I can now watch foreign teams in proleague!!! :D

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
No bump for HotS? Shame on all of you.

I'm planning on getting HotS soon, but I'm practicing on WoL until then. I went back to Zerg, and I'm actually rocking out with them! A break was exactly what I needed.

rhan

Smash Hero
Sooo.... picked Starcraft back up after being on a 6 month hiatus...

How do builds in HoTS work? What's most popular? I go on liquidpedia and nothing comes up for HoTS. Just WoL..

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Protoss is fairly similar to WoL stuff. For now you can still do FFEs, 1gate expand, 1gate stargate, etc. the inclusion of the mama core just makes things a little more safer for non-mirror matchups. IMO PvP is hell haha.

Terran changed a lot because of auto siege mode and the viability of early reaper play, as well as fast aggression with medivac+widow mine but I can't say much since I don't play them. Not Zerg either, but most new stuff for Zerg is mid-late game. So I guess not much change to Zerg either.

My 2 cents.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Most of the important stuff for Zerg involves Mutalisks regenerating more quickly when left alone, and Infestors' Fungal Growth now being a projectile (and thus dodgable). Swarm Hosts haven't really found much play yet.
Sakurazaki covered most of Terran, but in addition to Widow Mine drops, drop play in general is more viable due to Afterburners (TurboVac!), and Widow Mines are usable as limited map control. Hellbats are inexplicably biological, so they can be included in a bio army and healed by Medivacs while maintaining the front line with fairly strong HP and great anti-light splash damage. They're also pretty decent at supporting Siege Tanks for mech play. Hellbat/Thor can kinda work in TvP.
Protoss' biggest changes include Oracles, which can provide a fairly meaningful early-midgame harass; Mothership Core; and the updated Void Rays (they no longer charge over time, but can instead temporarily supercharge their beams to WoL full power) making VR/Colossus the new Ball of Death to beat. Actually yeah, a lot of Protoss air has seen updates now.

Jane

Smash Hero
overall, and from a spectator's point of view mind you, i am extremely happy with this expansion. the game is more dynamic and exciting, both the skill ceiling and pool of viable strategies have increased commendably.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
MMR system is the weirdest thing ever.

On Silver, but my last couple matches were all Diamond/Plat\ level. Was scared for my life.

Thankfully the matches weren't too bad. Close on all of them. Need to work on my macro once I hit max among other things.

rhan

Smash Hero
I had duty on April fools. I wish I was able to play with the Warhound... wasn't even able to play it in the beta.. My most anticipated unit added to Terran..

I'm sad now.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Was top Silver which isn't that good, but my games have all been pretty one-sided with me losing. My mins slipped to 1k+ almost every game and I got owned by a lot of early aggression and really bad engagements.

I've actually gotten back up since then with pretty solid wins, which is good. Guess it was one of those "slumps". One thing I've never been able to deal with very well though through the whole thing is 1. mass muta and 2. swarm host compositions. The constant stream of free units with backup is hard to deal with. I've tried things like dropping zealots, temps for storm and dts on top, lol. One thing I have yet to try is Blink Stalkers to blink behind the wave of locusts, but any backup forces behind...

Anyway... how about that Warp Prism speed? :/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you're still looking for games anytime this week let me know, I haven't played in a while though.

S l o X

Smash Champion
There's a SC2 thread? Awesome. I started playing in February and got to Diamond last month. My PvZ is my worst matchup by far. So bad (35%ish) that I am relearning the game as Terran.

It feels like a completely different game. I'm down to play with any of you guys whenever. *Subscribe*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll try if I ever roll it, haha. It'll be more plausible than Vipers, anyway.

I'm actually still surprised I didn't lose Tempests.

Top Bottom