• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Lovage

Smash Hero
OMG buncha freakin complainers in here are you a buncha brawl players or something what's going on here

man up sissies

rhan

Smash Hero
Toss is more fun then Terran is anyway. That's why I'm switching.

I've been a hardcore Terran main since SC1. And these recent changes are just ridiculous to deal with.

Ankoku: I'll still beat dat *** with Terran.

Zone

Smash Champion
lol I'm not crying about archons just so you know. I don't even play protoss. I just would like to see some use out of them. It's too lame to be a "Oh just a ok unit that is made cuz my high temp is out of energy and i need extra help right now. There were times in BW where people did intentionally make some archons. Seems in Sc2 it's only done when templar is out of energy, and they don't want to wait to recharge is all.

I like the vs Idra match. The overseer play i loved. I tried making like 4-5 overseers for that reason before. glad to see It work on someone really good at the game lol.

I love these oddball unit useage.

I'd also like to see someone hallucinate to bait unit production. like make 4-5 real stalkers with like 8 fake stalkers to make it look like mass stalkers. and bait mauraders then you go like air or something. or some sort of other form of trickery.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I hate Muta's man. I'm a Toss player.
I really don't know how to deal with muta/ling. I have to scout early in case of 6 pool, and I can't get anything to scout later (by the time a spire would be going up). The spire goes up, and, like, 12 mutas are finished immediately after. By this time, it's too late for me to start getting phoenix's, and stalkers don't do the job. Should I just get stargates regardless of what I scout, just in case?

I'd also like to see someone hallucinate to bait unit production. like make 4-5 real stalkers with like 8 fake stalkers to make it look like mass stalkers. and bait mauraders then you go like air or something. or some sort of other form of trickery.
One fake void ray is usually enough to get a reaction. I just don't think it's worth the time or money to invest in hallucination.

M@v

Subarashii!
You think this is bad? Look at the bnet sc2 forums and be blinded by the QQ.

Btw I can't beat diamond toss players for the life of me. I got roflstomped out of top 3 plat because of them :/

rhan

Smash Hero
Zerg was trouble enough in Dia. Toss isn't that difficult. And these patches make it even harder to play.

Yup. Playing Toss.

Mav wanna dew 2's?

M@v

Subarashii!
Diamond Zerg is easy for me. Diamond Toss is impossible for me.

I know Im weird.

@rhan Na I dont have time to play tonight.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really don't know how to deal with muta/ling. I have to scout early in case of 6 pool, and I can't get anything to scout later (by the time a spire would be going up). The spire goes up, and, like, 12 mutas are finished immediately after. By this time, it's too late for me to start getting phoenix's, and stalkers don't do the job. Should I just get stargates regardless of what I scout, just in case?
Toss does have a hard time dealing with mutas, true. But even as Day9 says, if you're at the point where you've got over a dozen mutas running around and hitting your base, you've messed up before that point to let it get that bad.

Mutas are expensive. (100/100) If I'm going to get a lot out early, it's going to cost me. I'll have to get a lot of early gas, sacrificing minerals. Then you have to tech up fast, sacrificing drones and attacking units. Then you have to build up and sit on 700/700 resources. (Or however many you want)

In short, going fast mutas leaves you really vulnerable early game. Take advantage of it. Or get a good timing push in. If you attack with a good force right at about the point where Spire is half done, it's pretty deadly. Because right there the Zerg has sacrificed a lot but hasn't gotten anything in return yet.

But even after mutas are out, you can deal with them somewhat easily in small numbers. Mutas aren't all that good until you hit a critical mass. So just try picking one or two off at a time with blink stalkers or phoenix to keep the count down.

rhan

Smash Hero
Diamond Zerg is easy for me. Diamond Toss is impossible for me.

I know Im weird.

@rhan Na I dont have time to play tonight.

Play my Zerg matches and I'll play your Toss.

We'll make top 10 easy.

And that's cool. More then likely I'll be on all night tomorrow. Got a smashfest to go to during the day and to get my paycheck.

shanus

Smash Hero
i wish i had more time nowdays, I used to have enough points to be considered a high diamond, now 1400 is just meh :(

M@v

Subarashii!
Im 1459 but still in platinum. Lololol I suck. :(

so I'm pretty much not High plat, but Uber plat. Rather be a mediocre diamond though <_<.

Oh yeah, Im actually doing **** other than 1-1-2 banshee rush in TvT nowadays. I figured 1 strategy, even though it wins 90% of my TvTs, isn't going to help me once Im high diamond and start facing the same people.

Mass marauder=bad idea except on blistering sands

Mass tanks and vikings, some marines=the standard boring *** strat, but for a reason; the only terran counter is more tanks and vikings.

My most recent TvT i scouted his marine rush, rushed to tank, held it off. Transitioned to tanks vikings. He went mm ball. So I went Tank/Battlecruiser(I was running off 3 base). He got a ton vikings in a panic, which killed by mcs, but his whole ground army was dead thanks to my metric ton of siege tanks, so I just put my tanks into tank mode. Tanks>>>>Vikings ;)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Go Terran!

GSL Ro8:
Fake BoxeR
HopeTorture
SlayerSBoxeR
oGsNaDa

KyrixWeRRa
oGsZenio
NesTea

NEXGenius

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow, I thought Loner was going to end SlayersBoxers run, he's living up to the hype.

Nada vs Boxer is going to be awesome, it will be crazy if it ends up being fake boxer vs boxer for 1st lmao.

Anyone know where I can watch the full sets for these, I am always asleep when they stream it and don't feel like paying to watch the 2nd and 3rd games on GOM.tv :/.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't see why you don't. It's, what, $20 for unlimited access to all GSL vids?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Because I just recently got into SC and only really want to see a select few of them. *shrugs*

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Toss does have a hard time dealing with mutas, true. But even as Day9 says, if you're at the point where you've got over a dozen mutas running around and hitting your base, you've messed up before that point to let it get that bad.

Mutas are expensive. (100/100) If I'm going to get a lot out early, it's going to cost me. I'll have to get a lot of early gas, sacrificing minerals. Then you have to tech up fast, sacrificing drones and attacking units. Then you have to build up and sit on 700/700 resources. (Or however many you want)

In short, going fast mutas leaves you really vulnerable early game. Take advantage of it. Or get a good timing push in. If you attack with a good force right at about the point where Spire is half done, it's pretty deadly. Because right there the Zerg has sacrificed a lot but hasn't gotten anything in return yet.

But even after mutas are out, you can deal with them somewhat easily in small numbers. Mutas aren't all that good until you hit a critical mass. So just try picking one or two off at a time with blink stalkers or phoenix to keep the count down.
I get what you're saying, I just have a hard time knowing when to make this push. I can never get a scout in to even see if he's going mutas to begin with, so I really have no clue when to make a push and with what units. It just seems like a gamble to me. If I try to make a push and he actually did some other build, or can just hold it off, I'm usually screwed.

I just played a diamond Zerg who went muta/ling, and I just couldn't scout it. I sent a scout out at 9 in case of a 6 pool or something, and tried to scout a little later to see anything else, but my scout would just get denied.

And the thing is, I know it's my fault, and I know I'm doing something wrong. I still just can't seem to counter it in time.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
3 gate robo into expand behind a forge and photons, observer first, lay down cannons by your worker line if you're paranoid about 1hatch muta?

Just a guess, btw, I dunno the timings.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Oh nice an SC2 thread. I am only at like 7 rank in gold. I have trouble keeping up late game macro, and therefore suck.

Do you guys do any in house SWF matches?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Inhouse SWF matches would be cool. I organized a bunch a couple of weeks ago, but it never really happened again. If you want me to set up a quick tournament I'd be up for that too.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Btw I can't beat diamond toss players for the life of me. I got roflstomped out of top 3 plat because of them :/
Diamond players are tough.

Add me, Solid 414.

Scabe if you do get onto US servers, hit me up for sure.

On a side note, SWF tourneys would be pretty awesome, I'm all for it.

shanus

Smash Hero
3 gate robo into expand behind a forge and photons, observer first, lay down cannons by your worker line if you're paranoid about 1hatch muta?

Just a guess, btw, I dunno the timings.
that build does not work well at all against mutaling. Your base is spread, you've gone robotech, and early expo'd weakening any army conversion.

1Base hatch mutaling or even 2hatch would make that build really hard to execute

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If people pm me their names+code or just post them on my profile, I'll start making a list.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
God, I really hate sore losers in this game. I feel like Starcraft is the last game where you can blame a loss on "luck." It was PvP, I went for a DT rush. He was going 2gate robo, so he had an observer out quickly, so my DT rush didn't work. He pushed into my base, but I tossed up a canon to take out his observer. My DTs took care of his army, then took out his expansion. He eventually ran out of minerals in his main and lost. Then he went into rage mode, talking about how I'm a scrub for making a canon and I only won because I got lucky.

And I'm sitting here like... come on... it's Starcraft. You made bad decisions and lost because of it.
Sore losers annoy me.

Also, I'm Melo 697.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, while Photon Cannons are scrubby if you make a billion of them and wall off your base, they are by no means an auto-nub structure. They're very useful in PvZ FEs and emergency detection against DTs if you didn't go for the Robo techpath. He even beat you in terms of build order, so he really has no excuse for losing that match. Well, except for being a worse player, but nobody likes to admit that.

Anther

Smash Champion
oh haaay =9.

I concur with the lack of self blame in this game. I've never won for being a better player in this game :(, but because Z is too strong, P having no options, terran too ... terran.

Top Bottom