• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland : >8/

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
God hates me. My mother won't let me go if the weather gets worse, or continuslly grows worse during the day...

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The roads look pretty snowed right now... I dunno if I can come now...
If I do, i'll bring a wii. are the roads up there bad?

King~

Smash Champion
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

my area got ***** by snow really really hard

news says its a snow storm all over ohio, so im a bit skeptical about attendance now.

ill be back in an hour to say cancelled or not(cause i know snow crews will be out all day but i dont know how serious this is gonna be)

FlipX

Smash Ace
Ya dude but snow plows are putting in work though. I just saw one pass my house like 2 seconds ago.

FlipX

Smash Ace
King is at school right now but he should be back soon I think. He said the roads are doable but he doesnt want people to be going crazy trying to get here. He should type somethin up pretty soon I think.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
How old is the average person coming here?
Cause I'm still in Highschool, and it would be weird hanging with a whole lot of much older people

BTW, I might have a third man coming... assuming I can make it

lou4222

Smash Lord
yea this sucks. Since we would have a two hour drive and every county is in a winter storm warning all day we should prolly stay behind. Sorry guys. We really wanted to come. I hope it can work out again sometime soon.

King~

Smash Champion
heres the deal

im going to let it go on but i advise aginst coming unless you really wanna play smash.

i will be there so if u wanna show up you can. the roda are drvable but hard. freeway is lightly better.

if u do come drive carefully. and if its still bad when its over u can stay at my place tonight

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
yea this sucks. Since we would have a two hour drive and every county is in a winter storm warning all day we should prolly stay behind. Sorry guys. We really wanted to come. I hope it can work out again sometime soon.
with them gone, how many people does it look like can make it?

FlipX

Smash Ace
@ Altrox: Im a senior in HS fwiw.

Ill prolly show up at like 1:30-2 to play for a little while and if there are enough people ill enter and win the tourny =P

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
K, it's REALLY bad here. My parents really don't want me to do this tourney if the snow keeps up. I'll get back with a reply, but for now, it looks like I'll have stay home today.

King~

Smash Champion
im only a freshman in college

@ columbus: dont worry about you guys stay safe ill probly throw another one next month sometime or possibly the week after next ill post here and let you know.

ill wait and see what akron does, and no one else has called saying oneway or the other so*shurg*

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Next month? ok.

It really irks me to say that I can't go now. Even the main roads are ***** with snow so thick that people are getting stuck. I wish this could have happened on a week day, but it didn't, so...

You guys have fun. I'm going to go cut myself or something.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Are NoJ and Jons coming? Like, if we go there is it just you two that are gonna be there?

Plus, cmon guys the weather was worse the first day brawl came out and we drove like 5 hours to get our copies (all 5 of them) J/K weather jons are legit

:043:

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I might be able to make it there sometime after work monday (5:15 - 5:30) if ridlr can drive up there and give me a ride back to akron. Also probly give me a chance to check out some cars from craigslist.

King~

Smash Champion
umm, i have to look for an convient date, im not doing it on the 14th.

umm hmm i have to find out what im going to this month, if i have a weekend avaliable i can do i then

also, would there be any disagreements with having it on a sunday?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Sundays are fine with me, just try to be done before midnight or something like that.

the 21st is OUGA

th 28th is something shugo told me but now I can't remember. Also, MI is hosting a tournament on the 28th.

the 7th is a midwest regionals.

14th of march is a possibility.

Then again the 22nd, 29th, 8th, etc. are also probly fine too. I'd say probably the 29th would be our best bet.

G$hbeeb

Smash Cadet
yeah sundays are good for me. .. btw to anyone on the KSU campus tuesday wednesday or thursday PM me to let me know if u wanna play on campus might be able to get a group 2gether on campus for regular play

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
This is the same day as State College PA. PA tournies are like free money so I gotta give them priority.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I'm considering coming to this and maybe bringing other melee people.

How old is the average person coming here?
Cause I'm still in Highschool, and it would be weird hanging with a whole lot of much older people
Don't be so paranoid. Average age is probably 16-26. I'm 17. Would it matter if everyone was in their twenties? Trust me, you'll have a lot in common with other smash players, you will probably be talking to people 6 years older than you naturally.

King~

Smash Champion
...gonna say this because it's gonna happen...

Work Johns
<_<

no johns

This is the same day as State College PA. PA tournies are like free money so I gotta give them priority.
<.<;

cant argue with this logic

I'm considering coming to this and maybe bringing other melee people.
nice, this one might be a melee tourney then with the one brawl set up

If i can get set ups that is...........

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
woot woot, I'm pretty sure state college is delayed to mid march. Shugo is tryin to get me to go to some tourney in niles but I think my plan will work out better.

I'll have shugo go to niles and take all their money, and I'll leave BYAA! at home and take first at this tourney. 2 sonic's taking first in 2 tournaments on the same day would be so awesome.

Also altrox, you gotta make it to this one. You haven't gone to a tournament yet and this is a good start. His house is pretty nice and also has a lot of space. I've taken slartibartfasts to a few tournies and he's like 6 years younger than me.

Revven

FrankerZ
Maybe I can talk SFG into going to this and bring Brawl+ for some AWESOME friendlies. Anyone interested? :p

No, but, srsly, I'm going to talk to him about it soon. As long as there's a good amount of people that show.

Top Bottom