• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy Pokedex Submissions

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I really hope you don't think the tiny percentage of competitive Smash players are the only fans of the game.

Alot of casual's hate the game too.

Fans are never satisfied. the music and characters are the only thing that saves this game. And even so the lack of some characters make people hate the game.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Never used the e-reader. Actually, if it wasn't for my best friend, I never would have even owned a GBA to play 3rd gen with in the first place. :p And...what's PBR? :\ I've honestly never heard of it...

Pokemon Battle Revolution? Wii game?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Ah! Wasn't think of anything linked to 4th gen. :laugh: I've only played it once, tbh. I own no Wii and I rarely see the one friend of mine who owns the game anymore, so nope, I basically have no normal way of getting it to begin with. That does make it a lot easier though; good to know it's not nigh impossible. :)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
horrible game, if anyone thought it was good except for being able to battle your friends their than you also probably think Brawl is better than Halo, and it's not true...just throwing that out there

c3gill

Smash Ace
horrible game, if anyone thought it was good except for being able to battle your friends their than you also probably think Brawl is better than Halo, and it's not true...just throwing that out there
oh come on, it gives you east access to Electivire and Magmortar, and a Surfing Pikachu (always cool). Better than that, all those TMs and Berries, and items- really easy to get. I like it for that- which is why I bought it. Its not bad, its just not good.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
It has a few cool features, but it takes only like a few hours to beat the game, so you probably won't get your money's worth from it.

EDIT: Oh, btw, going way back to a comment made earlier that celebi sucks... not true. In Ferbruary it was the 17th most used in OU play.

c3gill

Smash Ace
EDIT: Oh, btw, going way back to a comment made earlier that celebi sucks... not true. In Ferbruary it was the 17th most used in OU play.
celebi has... uses. I really hate to say it, but the current Metagame is Offensive, and celebi cant keep up with it, nearly as well as other typical defensive pokemon can. (yea its defensive, its typical moveset is recover, Grass Knot, Leech Seed, and Thunder Wave)

Having bad typing is Celebi's biggest downfall- being weak to bug with Scizor running rampant is nothing good, and Fire is one of the most common move types used (it top 5, iirc). I really dont know how Celebi is used more often than Skarm and Bronzong- i guess people are too used to the same generic walls and are finding ways around them.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Celebi's weakness to Bug is moot against scizor as scizor will never ever be out speeding Celebi so he should never get a chance to hit you. With no EV's Celebi always out speeds adamant scizor and with Stealth Rocks up 0 EV HP Fire will always OHKO min HP Scizor.

D

Deleted member

why would scizor be min HP? scizor can use it's excellent defenses to outbulk garchomp and not care about speed as bullet punch is its primary attack. celebi will has to invest spA to OHKO w/ HP fire even after SR, and celebi needs all the EVs it can get because of the lack of a base stat nature boost.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Celebi's weakness to Bug is moot against scizor as scizor will never ever be out speeding Celebi so he should never get a chance to hit you. With no EV's Celebi always out speeds adamant scizor and with Stealth Rocks up 0 EV HP Fire will always OHKO min HP Scizor.
why would scizor be min HP? scizor can use it's excellent defenses to outbulk garchomp and not care about speed as bullet punch is its primary attack. celebi will has to invest spA to OHKO w/ HP fire even after SR, and celebi needs all the EVs it can get because of the lack of a base stat nature boost.

i generally run 252 HP 252 Atk..... Scizors main attack is Bullet Punch, and priority rocks. I guess having more speed is nice against other scizors.

i am fairly certain max HP scizor isnt getting ohkoed by celebi- unless she is running a +SpAtk nature (not exactly common), specs, or some other random crazy ****.

edit- reaper, dont forget the generic celebi set is a defensive set (i listed it above, i think), and will take Grass Knot over HP fire, for STAB and whatnot.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I run HP Fire on my celebi >_>

Standard SD scizor runs only 32 HP EVs.
serebii lists the SD scizor @ 252 HPs- BUT NO BULLET PUNCH :mad:

smogons lists SD set @ 32HP, but baton pass and choice set are both max.

This is difficult to say, because this is a primary example of how you EV a pokemon can really affect the outcome of a battle- neither of us are wrong, because we are arguing using different spreads.

Standard is for the weak.

Lets all run splashing jumpluffs
real men use magikarp. or caterpie. weedle is for noobs.

D

Deleted member

I run HP Fire on my celebi >_>

Standard SD scizor runs only 32 HP EVs.
IMO the CB set is better. even then my SD set only runs 248 HP / 252 att / 8 spd.

standard sets are rarely the best available, for a variety of reasons (metagame, EV/defense optimization, expectations of team combinations, etc).

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Standard sets are really for those who can't think of other things.

but in the end the more creative player wins. Or of course hax screws the battle over.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You know, I do remember facing a lot of Celebis when using my Trick Room team...

And I remember 1HKOing them all with either Camerupt or Marowak too.

I didn't say that Celebi sucked in particular. I mean, the thing has the same stats as Manaphy, and just from that alone I can tell you it doesn't suck. Its type combination, however, sucks for weaknesses. Celebi carries six 2x weaknesses and one 4x weakness, and those weaknesses are fire, ice, poison, flying, bug (4x), ghost, and dark. Even when you don't consider how common each of those types are, it's basically screwed over when trying to be a wall (which is its standard, according to c3?) because in our standard metagame there are way too many naturally strong sweepers and choice users to really consider Celebi an extremely reliable wall.

I will admit, however, that when your opponent isn't expecting it or when it's later game and your opponent has lost some of those sweepers/choicers, then Celebi can cause major problems for someone. With that said, it's by no means a bad Pokemon; it just has one or two (or 7, in this case) not-so-nice things about it that can really hinder its usage. Because of this, you have a lot you have to watch out for when using it. I'm pretty sure it's about the same reason for why Obamasnow sits in limbo. I mean...Obamasnow is definitely not a bad pokemon, especially thanks to snow warning, but those 7 weaknesses are just killer to it, and no matter what you'll be forced to remember that whenever you play.

Standard sets are really for those who can't think of other things.

but in the end the more creative player wins. Or of course hax screws the battle over.
So...what if it's a creative player that relies on hax? <.<
Sounds like a gamble, but will that mean he comes out on top the majority of the time? XD

c3gill

Smash Ace
So...what if it's a creative player that relies on hax? <.<
Sounds like a gamble, but will that mean he comes out on top the majority of the time? XD
Some crazy person like me is going to make a set that uses inner focus / lucky chant, and ima laugh my *** off at people that try to get crazy crits or too many flinches.

Then, when I slaughter that "creative" player (using a generic hax set, im sure) with my absurd set, he will realize the mistake of the haxorz and get some originality in his butthole.

And he will make a true, creative team- and everyone will be happy.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Some crazy person like me is going to make a set that uses inner focus / lucky chant, and ima laugh my *** off at people that try to get crazy crits or too many flinches.

Then, when I slaughter that "creative" player (using a generic hax set, im sure) with my absurd set, he will realize the mistake of the haxorz and get some originality in his butthole.

I love you. Have my babies?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

Psh, flinch/crit ar teh uncreative hax. I'm talkin 'bout dem REEL haxorz that do tha shiz j00 n3v4 3xp3ct3d. M1ndg4m3z, ya dyg?

Holy ****...somehow posting this reminded me of a BP Mr. Mime lead I thought of a really long time ago that I thought would be a horrid idea to use. Now, however, I think I may be able to get away with using it...at least in UU. Maybe even in OU. And Mr. Mime ain't meant for OU. <.<

Oh, and please excuse my horrible spelling/1337 in this post...sudden urge, I guess, and I can't help but follow my sudden urges. D:

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Psh, flinch/crit ar teh uncreative hax. I'm talkin 'bout dem REEL haxorz that do tha shiz j00 n3v4 3xp3ct3d. M1ndg4m3z, ya dyg?

Holy ****...somehow posting this reminded me of a BP Mr. Mime lead I thought of a really long time ago that I thought would be a horrid idea to use. Now, however, I think I may be able to get away with using it...at least in UU. Maybe even in OU. And Mr. Mime ain't meant for OU. <.<

Oh, and please excuse my horrible spelling/1337 in this post...sudden urge, I guess, and I can't help but follow my sudden urges. D:

Mr.Mime BP lead? Do share.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

Mr.Mime BP lead? Do share.
Uhhhh...it's horrible. XD

Seriously. It was something I came up with over a year ago, and I wasn't even interested in competitive play at the time. Oh well...might as well let it get laughed at. Please note, however, that I already realize there are much better Pokemon for this, and it's not even ideal set as it is. I just...like to **** with people in stupid ways that make them get double whammy mindgames. One's caused by not expecting what I use, and the other is by not understanding why I'd use it. :laugh:

Mr. Mime@Leftovers
Filter/Bold
252 HP/4 DEF/252 SPE
-Swagger
-Psych Up
-Baton Pass
-Substitute

Probably more viable in OU, surprisingly enough. Chances are they'll still SR first so that way they can eat you easier on the BP, so you swag on your first turn. After that, sub until they hurt themselves instead of you and then psych up. After that, pass. Reason why it's ridiculous and useless should be pretty obvious, but depending on what they have for a lead it could be quite a piss-ant, no?

EDIT: It was originally supposed to be for teams, but I can't remember its original set. I just remember it was supposed to be out with a belly drummer, and that's what it'd psych up on the second turn (I believe my belly drummer was slower than Mimey). Maybe it was a dual screen-BPer? Idk.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I'm laughing at Mr. Mime, because your doing what I used to do: plan out the other pearsons attack order and use your set like that:laugh:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm laughing at Mr. Mime, because your doing what I used to do: plan out the other pearsons attack order and use your set like that:laugh:
Well in this case, it's really the only way that I can ever see that set legitimately working. :laugh:

I don't exactly plan out stuff like that very often, though, but I do like to narrow down my options for what they'll do through having a good idea of what their set is generally going to run, just like pretty much every one else does I believe. I then like to take that and find ways to make myself do things that they aren't expecting all while expecting their norm. And for the most part, it actually works. I do something like that with the lead on my mono-dark UU team and it works about 75-80% of the time; just because they never see it coming and then are forced to struggle through it as they figure out what the hell I'm doing. :p

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Would it be illegal to take an Absol with super luck, give it moves like Slash, Night-Slash, Psycho Cut (if he can learn that), Etc. and give Focus Energy with a Razor Claw? I keep wondering why no one ever does this.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Would it be illegal to take an Absol with super luck, give it moves like Slash, Night-Slash, Psycho Cut (if he can learn that), Etc. and give Focus Energy with a Razor Claw? I keep wondering why no one ever does this.
I'm pretty sure there are only 5 lvls of crit rate. High crit move gets you to lvl 2 and super luck doubles that to get it to 4; then you throw on razor claw, which raises it up a lvl to 5. So basically, focus energy isn't needed on a set like that, so you'd fill it with something like swords dance or superpower, depending on what you'd rather run.

D

Deleted member

crit values work in levels, each level adding 6.25%. super luck adds 6.25% also iirc. not sure about crit items though.

We're adding information to the topic. Nowhere does it say that copying and pasting is not an option. According to Jesiah.

Don't pull rules out of thin air, because that gives me the right to do so as well.
Perhaps, but it's also dangerously similar to plagiarism. I don't really care about it at all, but I am still responsible for it to some extent.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
crit values work in levels, each level adding 6.25%. super luck adds 6.25% also iirc. not sure about crit items though.
Nope nope. Super Luck actually doubles the critical hit 'rate' of a move before adding in any item modifiers, and by rate, I mean stage/level. Like I said, there are 5 different levels to the odds of getting a critical hit. They are as listed:

Stage 1: 6.25%
Stage 2: 12.5%
Stage 3: 25%
Stage 4: 33.3%
Stage 5: 50%

All moves start off at stage 1, unless they are moves that specifically say "high critical hit rate," in which case the moves start off at stage 2. When a Pokemon has super luck for an ability, however, the stage that a move sits on is then doubled, so all stage 1 moves will have a rate at stage 2, and all natural stage 2 moves will have a rate at stage 4. After that, you then add on the item modifier, which raises all moves by one stage. So on a Pokemon with super luck, all moves that started off at stage 1 will now be on stage 3, and all moves that started off at stage 2 will now be on stage 5.

I hope that makes sense...I haven't been very good at explaining things today, it seems. :\

D

Deleted member

so what's the difference between say razor claw and scope lens?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
so what's the difference between say razor claw and scope lens?
Honestly, nothing apart from the fact that Razor Claw evolves Sneasel. And, in my personal opinion, it looks cooler as an item. :laugh:

But other than that, absolutely nothing. The redundancy behind it is sort of like how there's no difference between the Odd Incense and Twistedspoon apart from the fact that one of them let's you breed a specific baby Pokemon and one doesn't.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
so if i were to scarf my blaziken i would be better off like that or using somthing that increases speed?
Iirc, there is no item that increases speed apart from a Salac Berry, and even that's only when you're below 25%. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. And no one mention quick claw, please. That deals with priority, not speed, so I'm not counting it.

But yes, that would be a viable use, I'd suppose. Blaziken definitely has the power to run it well, so I see no reason why not.

Top Bottom