• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy Pokedex Submissions

Samochan

Smash Master
I'll be adding this new set to the TTar post but I was hoping I could get some input first:

BabiriTar

Tyranitar@Babiri Berry
Jolly/Sand Stream
110Atk/148SpDef/252Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Fire Punch
-Stone Edge/Earthquake

At first glance this seems gimmicky, but it really is a force to be reckoned with if played properly. One of DDtar's biggest weaknesses is Scizor and it's STAB Bullet punch, KO'ing the beast before it can strike no matter how much speed it has. The Babiri Berry acts somewhat like the Yache Berry for Garchomp, allowing it to take even a LO Bullet Punch for only ~34%. It even survives an Adamant Choice Band Meteor Mash from Metagross taking 75% average. The Special Defense EV's allow it to reasonably set up on many special attackers like Jolteon, Zapdos, Rotom-A and Latias(should it be foolish enough to stay in on Tyranitar) Should scizor come in to try and ruin your fun he'll be sadly surprised to find himself both unable to KO Tyranitar and dead.
I think this set is fairly ingenious, considering that it can well trap their supposed best pokemon to counter tyranitar, which if you had a dd under your belt already, could give you a free reign on the other pokemons, especially later on the game.

c3gill adressed a few of the problems, but seeing as defensive scizor might become a staple if tyranitars start running fire punch for scizors nowdays, what if we were to run fire blast instead of fire punch on tyranitar? Scizor has 20 bp worse sp.def than def and they wouldn't invest any ev's onto sp.def, making them susceptible to special based attack. According to netbattle damage calculator, fire blast from tyranitar with no ev's on special attack KO's max hp scizor no problem, assuming it hits of course which is one downside (meh 85% accuracy), other is he won't benefit from any dragon dances, but this is also a good side on this situation as you don't need to dd in order to KO scizor, nor need any residual damage to be done. If the fire blast accuracy is troublesome and you don't need to surely 2hko any metagross that comes at you, you could always use flamethrower on it's place (just for you scizor lol). I dunno much from current dpp metagame, but if not getting killed by fire punch by tyranitar attack +1 is becoming a trend, then this could very well break that trend. It also hits metagross for 55-65% for 112HP and 50-59% max hp, so 2hkoing metagross (without dd I might add) would be nice as well. I dunno what else tyranitar could use that fire punch for, cept skarmy, forry, bronzong, weavile, grasses and random stuff, but aside from bronzong, skarmy, forry and weavile have all weaker sp.def and won't invest there much, if at all. Fire blast also leaves a nasty dent on weavile and you don't need to ponder whether to stone edge him or dd for scizor, residual damage could very well do the rest to end weavile's life as he's weak to stealth rock.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
SAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know you played pokemon <3 I never ran flamethrower/fire blast on TTar because I had EQ instead of Stone Edge for a while and a +1 EQ did mass damage to things like Metagross and Jirachi. Fire Blast would be a very usable move however against the likes of Skarm and Zong but then you run into trouble with the nature. I like using my bulky TTar, the special defense means he can more easily switch in so -SpDef nature wouldn't be usable, and a -Def nature would leave him too open to KO from Scizor even with the Babiri Berry. -SpAtk would leave you with a weak fire blast. It could still probably hit Skarm/Scizor hard enough but you wouldn't do much to Bronzong or Metagross. -Atk would just be stupid.

Samochan

Smash Master
SAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know you played pokemon <3 I never ran flamethrower/fire blast on TTar because I had EQ instead of Stone Edge for a while and a +1 EQ did mass damage to things like Metagross and Jirachi. Fire Blast would be a very usable move however against the likes of Skarm and Zong but then you run into trouble with the nature. I like using my bulky TTar, the special defense means he can more easily switch in so -SpDef nature wouldn't be usable, and a -Def nature would leave him too open to KO from Scizor even with the Babiri Berry. -SpAtk would leave you with a weak fire blast. It could still probably hit Skarm/Scizor hard enough but you wouldn't do much to Bronzong or Metagross. -Atk would just be stupid.
Booya, I've been a pokemon fan ever since I got my hands on pokemon blue and tcg. <3 Pokemon

Oh ****, I totally forgot -sp.attack nature. >_> Uh... but hey, good news, fire blast STILL ohkos scizor with -sp.attack nature. xD Cause scizor is teh weak against phir3, that's why. And against skarmory it's 60-71% out if they only run max hp. :3 Against metagross it's 44-53% if they run max hp and 50-59% if they run 112hp ev's instead (agiligross). So you might get a chance of 2hkoing that thing and a bit of residual damage always helps on that job. Against bronzong, it prolly won't make much more than 25-30% or so. against weavile it should do around 59-69% if they run 40 hp.

If my memory serves me correct, stealth rock makes 6,25% to metagross on one go, meaning a chip of 22.75hp from his max hp. 364 - 22.75 is 341.25 rounded up to 342. This would mean if you were to invest 28 ev's to special attack, you'd chip his hp down to 50-58% with both attacks and next lone fire blast would deal 47-55% from his overall hp, with only 3% margin of him not dying. You'd have to calculate for a guaranteed 2hko by yourself though, I'm no good at this lol.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I supposedly can't post anything like opinions and such in the StrategyDex subforum, so I'll just post it here.

I saw the original Kakuna strategy dex entry on Smogon yesterday, and I personally think that it was some of the best **** I've read in a long time. Made me laugh the entire way through. XD

Thank you Niiro for posting his entry here on SWF for all of us to see the incredibleness of. :)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Lol ya. But what's with all these color names? Its hurting my eyes.
April Fool's Day. :)

I'm actually hoping that they allow formatting or something afterward so you can keep either your name or all names to appear to be these specific colors afterward. I like my green name...

Niiro

Smash Ace
man, i liked it before, when it became pokemon center boards. that was fun.

c3gill

Smash Ace
April Fool's Day. :)

I'm actually hoping that they allow formatting or something afterward so you can keep either your name or all names to appear to be these specific colors afterward. I like my green name...
god**** mods. and its not even april fools on the east coast, wtf? are they going off british time?

grrrr.

EDIT- kakuna? ...why? lame.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
god**** mods. and its not even april fools on the east coast, wtf? are they going off british time?

grrrr.

mods seriously? it's the admins.....the new Mics are pretty funny:chukle:
It won't be april fools for me for 2:14 (hours:minutes)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Because Kakuna's considered rather worthless (possibly even more so than the likes of Magikarp), so the fact that someone is even making a strategy dex entry about it is comical all on its own. :laugh:

EDIT: 40 minutes for me. :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Can we eventually have the ability to set it so Pokemon Researchers can identify ourselves as that group in our User CP? LIke u can for other groups so it changes ur title and maybe ur name color

D

Deleted member

Can we eventually have the ability to set it so Pokemon Researchers can identify ourselves as that group in our User CP? LIke u can for other groups so it changes ur title and maybe ur name color
to answer you clearly:

MLG_JV said:
Umbreon said:
dear Joe,

Can I get a small pokeball icon for the Pokemon Researcher group? To go down there under my name next to my grimer?

For the entire sub group.

pretty please with michigan sugar on top.

thanks,

mowwwwwww

I tried to coax and trick kirby king into doing it but I can't get him to do it. azua said something about access to the server and to PM you instead.
Yo dude, I just wanted to drop you a line on this one. I honestly have no idea how to do it. Im going to MLG meadowlands this weekend and plan to sit down with a few people from MLGs tech/server team so I have been keeping a big list of anything mentioned as relates to server to go over with them.

So from there hopefully I can get you the pretty please with Michigan sugar on top Pokerball icon onto the server. But ill keep you posted. Just wanted to mention it so you didnt think I didnt see it etc since people tend to get the wrong idea.

Take care hommie,
JV
give it time.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I gave you guys a color that Umbreon picked out.

Shhhh though. I don't want to be bothered about changing people's ****.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Wow this is an ugly color.

/backtoblue
But the name Mow came up with for it is cute, isn't it? <3

And now I want to be a Pokemon Researcher for the sake of the name of the color...meh, oh well. I'm not knowledgeable enough of the competitive scene to be one. :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
why does zooks title say pokemon master when others say researcher?

the new color and title are pretty ballin

this will give me the drive to start workin on the strategy dex again

while looking at it,
Niiro can u plz fix ur kakuna post? yes, its very funny, and probably the best sets for a kakuna, but make the formatting match ours. i dont even know if we should have it on there considering how the idea is completely ripped off of the guy who posted it on smogon.

i doubt we really need any NFE pokemon, except those viable pretty much (or that are different from their evolutions), like maybe Pikachu or Scyther

im bored so im gonna critique and pick apart all the problems with all the posts on there lol

should we have ppl replying there? most threads dont. perhaps we should keep it clean like a guide? have all discussion be here in this thread. have a mod delete those replies maybe?

a_man13 ur missing base stats for bibarrel

pink reaper, why would the rain dance zong have 0 speed IVs? it doesnt use gyro ball

niiro add the color titles to garchomp

a_man add bold to the titles on ur porygon2 post

0rly why the weird font and all the exact stats on raikou

wouw all of ur posts have wrong formatting. add dashes b4 moves in sets

Niiro

Smash Ace
Niiro can u plz fix ur kakuna post? yes, its very funny, and probably the best sets for a kakuna, but make the formatting match ours. i dont even know if we should have it on there considering how the idea is completely ripped off of the guy who posted it on smogon.

niiro add the color titles to garchomp
kk i will do it tommorow.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Swords Dance Victrebell :071:
Victrebel @ Focus sash/Life orb/leftover
Chlorophyll: Adamant
252Att/180speed/76HP
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Sucker Punch
Encore

untapped potential of victre after a swords dance this thing is a beast. Encore anything that wants to set up on you then swords dance away. I've surprised killed alot of gengars the past month because of this set. No one expects this thing to have sucker punch. The 180speed investments allow it to outrun base 60speed opponents.

Annoyer :071:
Victreebel @ leftovers
chlorophyll: impish
252HP/ 150def/ 108sp def
tickle/encore
Toxic
Stockpile
Synthesis

This set is really annoying. Stockpile up and everything becomes simple Stall with toxic then encore anything that sets up on you. and synthesis off any damage its pretty basic.

StunSleep :071:
Victreebel @ leftovers
chlorophyll: Adamant
252hp/180speed/76Attack
stun spore
Sleep Powder
Swords dance
Leaf Blade

Put someone to sleep, when they switch to a counter stun spore them. If they decide to stay in swords dance up. Leaf blade for stab. Again 180speed EVs and 31IVs give it 221speed outrunning base 60 opponents. With platinum victre got alot better. People will soon realize its awesomeness. It recieved a reliable physical stab in leaf blade(also got seed bomb. It also got sucker punch and encore. Victreebell is a beast!

EVs:

Maxing attack is key pretty much key on the swords dance set . 180speed investments allow it to outrun base 60opponents. With 31IVs and 180EVs victreebel speed ties max neutral natured TTars If you fear them you can just take some HP EVs and dump them into speed. For +speed TTars just go for jolly and max speed.

Other options:

Knock off: Victreebel gets knock off, a good move for the annoyer set. Personally I think encore works better on the set but its always an option.

Growth/Energy Ball/leaf storm/sludge bomb: The special side of victreebell if you have problems with physical walls replace swords dance and leaf blade with growth energy ball. Leaf storm works for a good hit and run, I don't expect to see many people using this.

Seed bomb: Victreebel also gets seed bomb in the change to platinum. But I don't see a reason to choose this over leaf blade. But its an option.

Return: Another physical move for the swords dance set. This could replace encore on the swords dance set for coverage and works better then sucker punch in switch-in situations.

Teeter Dance: The works great along the stunspore sleep powder set. replace swords dance with this and you got yourself a real good annoyer.

Counters:

Steel types run all over all of these sets. Its defenses are poor and dies easily to super effective hits and strong moves. Altaria works well because of natural cure and fire blast or a flying move. Hypno does well against sets w/o sucker punch. Most poison types do well against these sets.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
so what is the point of the strategy pokedex? are we trying to come up with viable movesets for every (evolved) pokemon?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Yes, and to provide a resource for competitive players to use these sets instead of hassling with making their own movesets.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I know it's overused, but I figured some blissey sets could be thrown in there, despite the fact that most people already know them.

#242 Blissey
Normal
Natural Cure: The pokemon's stats effect is removed when i is wihdrawn from battle.
Serene Grace: The chances of a move's effect happening double.
255 HP/10 ATK/10 DEF/75 SP.ATK/135 SP.DEF/55 Speed

Arometherapist
Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure: Bold
252 HP/252 defense/4 special defense
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Toxic
Seismic Toss

Pretty much the most standard set for blissey. This gives it a whopping 714 HP and a somewhat passable 130 defense. It really doesn't need much special defense because its base stat is amazing. Heals stats with, heals itself, switches away stats conditions, causes passive damage w/toxic, and 3-4HKOs most pokemon with seismic toss.

Counter Blissey
Blissey @ leftovers
Counter
Softboiled
Aromatherapy/Toxic/Seismic Toss

My favorite set. If you're hit for 40% one turn, counter next turn for a OHKO. Same stats as above. Aromatherapy is always a nice touch for status healing, seismic toss is good for racking up decent damage and substitute breaking, and toxic is a great passive damage move. Pick two of three.

Bolt/Beam Combo
Blissey @ leftovers
4 HP/252 defense/252 special attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Softboiled
Aromatherapy

A set used less and less now, but still somewhat viable due to the fact that the bolt/beam combo still eats up some teams.

Extra options:

A choice specs set is also useable, but blissey is not really a sweeper and loses some of its effectiveness without softboiled.

Thunder Wave is a good move on most of these sets, but it's more likely that another pokemon could use it better, such as a bulky water. Still, it's always a viable option and is certainly not unheard of on Blissey.

Serene Grace can work with the special attacking sets, but generally Blissey is more comfortable with the free stat healing of Natural Cure.

Flamethrower can be used on the special attacking set and really helps with steel types (especially scizor). Not a bad choice at all.

Shadow Ball hits those pesky ghosts who sometimes carry substitute. If they do, they can ignore toxic, thunder wave, seismic toss, and counter. So shadow ball is considerable.

Sing causes the extremely irritating sleep condition. But its terrible accuracy (55 I think) can be very frustrating. And you thought hypnosis had bad accuracy. Still, if it works, you're in command.

EVs:
Should be going in to HP and defense, unless you're using the special attack set.

Troublesome pokemon:

Pretty much anything with a good fighting move. Some common examples: Machamp, Infernape, and Lucario. And there's plenty more where that came from.

Ghosts with substitute, as I said, ignore toxic, thunder wave, seismic toss, and counter. Gengar is unaffected by the above (except Twave) even without a sub, and sometimes carries focus blast.

Metagross and Scizor scare off blissey because it has no way of getting rid of them without dying. Scizor often tosses in a couple of swords dances, so it's best to switch away before he sets himself up to devour your team. In fact, pretty much any steel type can do whatever setup it wants against blissey. This is why flamethrower is considerable.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ok I know I'm double posting, but if I put this guy in the blissey post, it would be gigantic.

Feraligatr is an interesting UU option, so I figured he'd be a good pokemon to go over.

#160 Feraligatr
Water
Torrent: When the pokemon's health is below 1/3, it's water attacks become 1.5 times stronger.
85 HP/105 ATK/100 DEF/79 SP.ATK/83 SP.DEF/78 Speed

Choice Sweeper
Feraligatr @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Torrent: Adamant/Jolly
4 HP/252 attack/252 speed
Superpower
Ice Punch
Crunch
Earthquake

Feraligatr has a great physical moveset to work with. With choice band and adamant nature, you will have 508 attack and tons of super effective coverage. Plus, unlike blaziken, Feraligatr can take a hit and does not need an OHKO to survive. Choice specs and jolly nature gives feraligatr 309 attack and 409 speed. The other option is choice scarf and adamant, giving him 339 attack and 432 speed. Choice scarf would mainly be used to take out faster foes that have a super effective move.

Dragon Dancer
Feraligatr @ Focus sash/Expert Belt
Torrent: Jolly/Adamant
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Crunch
Earthquake

Dragon Dance sets Feraligatr up as a dangerous sweeper who not only has tons of super effective moves, but can also take a hit. Focus sash guarantees a safe dragon dance, or you can use expert belt to rack up extra damage. This is a viable option due to Feraligatr's relative bulkiness and can be put to good use with a well timed switch in.

Extra options:

Avalanche can be used on slower sets to rack up extra damage.

Waterfall and Aqua Tail provide a stab boost, but don't add much extra coverage.

Brick Break is an option instead of superpower, but it's not generally as useful.

Agility gives Feraligatr a tremendous speed boost, making it a decent option for an Adamant pysical sweeper. However, dragon dance is generally more helpful.

Outrage and Dragon Claw give dragon coverage and can hit most pokemon for neutral damage, but dragons aren't as common in UU and neutral damage isn't really that helpful.

Substitute can help Feraligatr avoid crippling status effects. This can be really useful on his DD set.

EVs:
These should go into attack and speed. If you're running an Adamant choice band set, you could consider full HP EVs, since you're pretty much ignoring speed anyway. He has the stats to be a somewhat bulky water, but not the moves.

Troublesome Pokemon:

Fortunately, Feraligatr doesn't have quite as many counters in UU as many other pokemon. However, status conditions really hurt him. If he is burned or paralyzed, his usefulness is limited. Spiritomb has no super effective weaknesses and is happy to burn Feraligatr.

Slowbro could probably absorb a crunch (although not at low health) and TWave Feraligatr, severely limiting his capabilities. Substitute can help avoid the above two problems.

Fast pokemon with grass or electric moves may be able to score a quick OHKO. An example could be Espeon w/Grass Knot.

Zapdos, Jolteon, Raikou, etc. are all counters but are not in UU, rendering them unimportant.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Alright, the third pokemon I'll be submitting is Claydol.

#344 Claydol
Ground and Psychic
Levitate: This pokemon is not hit by damage dealing ground moves. Arena trap does not effect this pokemon.
60 HP/70 ATK/105 DEF/70 SP.ATK/120 SP.DEF/75 Speed

Set-Up Dol
Claydol @ Leftovers
Levitate: Bold/Impish
4 HP/252 DEF/252 SP.DEF
Stealth Rock
Sandstorm
Explosion
Psychic/Earth Power

Pretty standard UU claydol moveset. He brings in the passive damage effects, and then can explode to get a nice 1 for 1 after he's finished setting up.

Set-Up Wall
Claydol @ Leftovers
Levitate: Bold
4 HP/252 DEF/252 SP.DEF
Toxic
Earth Power
Cosmic Power/Reflect/Light Screen

Claydol has the stats to wall, just not all the right moves. Still, he can be annoying if he's given time to set up. If both barriers are used, or if he gets a few cosmic powers in, he'll be tough to get rid of.

Other options:

Ice beam gives excellent coverage and can replace his stab moves, although earth power gives him nice coverage as well.

Signal Beam, Grass Knot, and Charge Beam all cover some tough types, but don't really suit claydol well.

Trick can screw over someone's pokemon if you have the right item, but could also ruin you.

Trick room and rock polish can make up for claydol's unimpressive speed, but again, they really don't serve him that well. He has the moves to be a sweeper, but not the stats. This, ironically, is the opposite of the problem with Claydol being a great wall.

Substitute can help Claydol gain more time to set up. It's a viable option.

EVs:
These will go to the defenses. Some could be put into HP instead of special defense.

Troublesome Pokemon:

Anyone using taunt.

Sweepers. Claydol isn't particularly fast and has plenty of common weaknessess to expose. It sounds simple, but almost all sweepers will carry something for this guy. That's why he's UU, folks.

Status boosters. Clatdol allows pretty much free stats boosts, unless he gets an explosion kill. He would get complletely wrecked by scizor and TTar if he were common in OU.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Ok I know I'm double posting, but if I put this guy in the blissey post, it would be gigantic.

Feraligatr is an interesting UU option, so I figured he'd be a good pokemon to go over.

(I'm not sure how to post pictures)
#160 Feraligatr
Water
Torrent: When the pokemon's health is below 1/3, it's water attacks become 1.5 times stronger.
85 HP/105 ATK/100 DEF/79 SP.ATK/83 SP.DEF/78 Speed

Choice Sweeper
Feraligatr @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Torrent: Adamant/Jolly
Superpower
Ice Punch
Crunch
Earthquake

Feraligatr has a great physical moveset to work with. With choice band and adamant nature, you will have 508 attack and tons of super effective coverage. Plus, unlike blaziken, Feraligatr can take a hit and does not need an OHKO to survive. Choice specs and jolly nature gives feraligatr 309 attack and 409 speed. The other option is choice scarf and adamant, giving him 339 attack and 432 speed. Choice scarf would mainly be used to take out faster foes that have a super effective move.

Dragon Dancer
Feraligatr @ Focus sash/Expert Belt
Torrent: Jolly/Adamant
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Crunch
Earthquake

Dragon Dance sets Feraligatr up as a dangerous sweeper who not only has tons of super effective moves, but can also take a hit. Focus sash guarantees a safe dragon dance, or you can use expert belt to rack up extra damage. This is a viable option due to Feraligatr's relative bulkiness and can be put to good use with a well timed switch in.

Extra options:

Avalanche can be used on slower sets to rack up extra damage.

Waterfall and Aqua Tail provide a stab boost, but don't add much extra coverage.

Brick Break is an option instead of superpower, but it's not generally as useful.

Agility gives Feraligatr a tremendous speed boost, making it a decent option for an Adamant pysical sweeper. However, dragon dance is generally more helpful.

Outrage and Dragon Claw give dragon coverage and can hit most pokemon for neutral damage, but dragons aren't as common in UU and neutral damage isn't really that helpful.

Substitute can help Feraligatr avoid crippling status effects. This can be really useful on his DD set.

EVs:
These should go into attack and speed. If you're running an Adamant choice band set, you could consider full HP EVs, since you're pretty much ignoring speed anyway. He has the stats to be a somewhat bulky water, but not the moves.

Troublesome Pokemon:

Fortunately, Feraligatr doesn't have quite as many counters in UU as many other pokemon. However, status conditions really hurt him. If he is burned or paralyzed, his usefulness is limited. Spiritomb has no super effective weaknesses and is happy to burn Feraligatr.

Slowbro could probably absorb a crunch (although not at low health) and TWave Feraligatr, severely limiting his capabilities. Substitute can help avoid the above two problems.

Fast pokemon with grass or electric moves may be able to score a quick OHKO. An example could be Espeon w/Grass Knot.

Zapdos, Jolteon, Raikou, etc. are all counters but are not in UU, rendering them unimportant.
Needs a 3rd set. You should mention how Lum works out great on a DD set. And I dont know anyone who runs a focus sash on a gatr- hes generally not going to be OHKOed, as he is very bulky for an attacker. You arent running Waterfall or Aqua Tail on either of the main sets, which needs to change- A good 3rd set would be a sub+ salac, and you could consider a booster move. Torrent works wonders to his STAB, no reason not to run it as it will hit for neutral on a lot of pokes. Why isnt Swords Dance mentioned?

Your missing a lot of info, especially on the counters. Read up on some UU, there are a few pokemon that cover him easily.

Alright, the third pokemon I'll be submitting is Claydol.

(Nope, still haven't figured out pictures. It's quite sad, actually. :()
#344 Claydol
Ground and Psychic
Levitate: This pokemon is not hit by damage dealing ground moves. Arena trap does not effect this pokemon.
60 HP/70 ATK/105 DEF/70 SP.ATK/120 SP.DEF/75 Speed

Set-Up Dol
Claydol @ Leftovers
Levitate: Bold/Impish
4 HP/252 DEF/252 SP.DEF
Stealth Rock
Sandstorm
Explosion
Psychic/Earth Power

Pretty standard UU claydol moveset. He brings in the passive damage effects, and then can explode to get a nice 1 for 1 after he's finished setting up.

Set-Up Wall
Claydol @ Leftovers
Levitate: Bold
4 HP/252 DEF/252 SP.DEF
Toxic
Earth Power

Claydol has the stats to wall, just not all the right moves. Still, he can be annoying if he's given time to set up. If both barriers are used, or if he gets a few cosmic powers in, he'll be tough to get rid of.

Other options:

Ice beam gives excellent coverage and can replace his stab moves, although earth power gives him nice coverage as well.

Signal Beam, Grass Knot, and Charge Beam all cover some tough types, but don't really suit claydol well.

Trick can screw over someone's pokemon if you have the right item, but could also ruin you.

Trick room and rock polish can make up for claydol's unimpressive speed, but again, they really don't serve him that well. He has the moves to be a sweeper, but not the stats. This, ironically, is the opposite of the problem with Claydol being a great wall.

Substitute can help Claydol gain more time to set up. It's a viable option.

EVs:
These will go to the defenses. Some could be put into HP instead of special defense.

Troublesome Pokemon:

Anyone using taunt.

Sweepers. Claydol isn't particularly fast and has plenty of common weaknessess to expose. It sounds simple, but almost all sweepers will carry something for this guy. That's why he's UU, folks.

Status boosters. Clatdol allows pretty much free stats boosts, unless he gets an explosion kill. He would get complletely wrecked by scizor and TTar if he were common in OU.
Needs a 3rd set. You didnt mention some of his most viable moves. Calm Mind and Rapid Spin come to mind, and Shadow Ball deserves a mention. You need to change your EVs as well, as you dont have a set that is running 252 HP. His defenses are decent as is, max HP is a must. Mention Light Clay on the reflect/light screen set. Mention how well Water pokemon counter this guy- based on what set your running, there is almost always a water counter to it.

Ill do your other set in a minute. as for images, find the URL of the image, click on the little picture icon, and post it up. Your sets just need a little looking over, you should check a site like serebii to see every move they learn and notice which moves are of note.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hmm... yeah, I forgot some things. But hey, I was writing these at 2-3 in the morning, so I wasn't exactly thinking right.:)

I'll fix these up and put them in the StrategyDex.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Hmm... yeah, I forgot some things. But hey, I was writing these at 2-3 in the morning, so I wasn't exactly thinking right.:)

I'll fix these up and put them in the StrategyDex.
Make sure to grab the sprites, and to make some changes- Claydol needs a lot of updating...

edit- lol nvm about the sprites, you got them already- still need to update the sets though.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Make sure to grab the sprites, and to make some changes- Claydol needs a lot of updating...

edit- lol nvm about the sprites, you got them already- still need to update the sets though.
Yeah, I'll make sure to update them.

Should I just go ahead and put the blissey one in, since you didn't say anything about it?

c3gill

Smash Ace
I know it's overused, but I figured some blissey sets could be thrown in there, despite the fact that most people already know them.

#242 Blissey
Normal
Natural Cure: The pokemon's stats effect is removed when i is wihdrawn from battle.
Serene Grace: The chances of a move's effect happening double.
255 HP/10 ATK/10 DEF/75 SP.ATK/135 SP.DEF/55 Speed

Arometherapist
Blissey @ Leftovers
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Toxic
Seismic Toss

Pretty much the most standard set for blissey. This gives it a whopping 714 HP and a somewhat passable 130 defense. It really doesn't need much special defense because its base stat is amazing. Heals stats with, heals itself, switches away stats conditions, causes passive damage w/toxic, and 3-4HKOs most pokemon with seismic toss.

Counter Blissey
Blissey @ leftovers
Counter
Softboiled

My favorite set. If you're hit for 40% one turn, counter next turn for a OHKO. Same stats as above. Aromatherapy is always a nice touch for status healing, seismic toss is good for racking up decent damage and substitute breaking, and toxic is a great passive damage move. Pick two of three.

Bolt/Beam Combo
Blissey @ leftovers
4 HP/252 defense/252 special attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Softboiled
Aromatherapy

A set used less and less now, but still somewhat viable due to the fact that the bolt/beam combo still eats up some teams.

Extra options:

A choice specs set is also useable, but blissey is not really a sweeper and loses some of its effectiveness without softboiled.

Thunder Wave is a good move on most of these sets, but it's more likely that another pokemon could use it better, such as a bulky water. Still, it's always a viable option and is certainly not unheard of on Blissey.

Serene Grace can work with the special attacking sets, but generally Blissey is more comfortable with the free stat healing of Natural Cure.

Flamethrower can be used on the special attacking set and really helps with steel types (especially scizor). Not a bad choice at all.

Shadow Ball hits those pesky ghosts who sometimes carry substitute. If they do, they can ignore toxic, thunder wave, seismic toss, and counter. So shadow ball is considerable.

Sing causes the extremely irritating sleep condition. But its terrible accuracy (55 I think) can be very frustrating. And you thought hypnosis had bad accuracy. Still, if it works, you're in command.

EVs:
Should be going in to HP and defense, unless you're using the special attack set.

Troublesome pokemon:

Pretty much anything with a good fighting move. Some common examples: Machamp, Infernape, and Lucario. And there's plenty more where that came from.

Ghosts with substitute, as I said, ignore toxic, thunder wave, seismic toss, and counter. Gengar is unaffected by the above (except Twave) even without a sub, and sometimes carries focus blast.

Metagross and Scizor scare off blissey because it has no way of getting rid of them without dying. Scizor often tosses in a couple of swords dances, so it's best to switch away before he sets himself up to devour your team. In fact, pretty much any steel type can do whatever setup it wants against blissey. This is why flamethrower is considerable.
I dont see a single mention of Wish or Protect, which is an amazing set when put together. Generic Bliss should always carry Flamethrower (or Ice Beam, but take F-thrower) over SToss, as to hit Gengar. Blisseys prefer Calm, but I can understand why you take Bold- make sure to mention Calm as the prefered nature, though.

On your aromathreapist set, you want Ice Beam over Toss and take Twave over Toxic. This set isnt built as an outstall but rather a team support- which is why Twave is preferable. Ice Beam hits everything, Toss doesnt. Twave will paralyze that Heatran that was expecting Toxic/Flamethrower.

Bolt-Beam Bliss gets Calm Mind, over aromatherapy. reason should be fairly obvious.

For attacking sets, mention- Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, HP Fighting / HP Ground, and Seismic Toss.

For supporting sets, mention Charm, sandstorm, Stealth Rock, Sweet Kiss, Substitute, Gravity, light screen, protect, possibly pysch up, safeguard.

Blissey is a god, being able to Wall anything special- make sure you give her all of her options!

if you have questions about anything I wrote on this or your other 2 sets, feel free to ask- ill explain myself and my thoughts.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Thanks, c3.

I'm working on my Feraligatr submission right now, but I'll get to blissey soon when I'm done. I'll work on claydol last since he has the most issues.

EDIT: Gatr is done;I'm moving on to blissey.

EDIT #2: Blissey is done. I'll post claydol later.

WouW

Smash Lord

#414 Mothim
Bug/Flying
Swarm: If HP is less than 1/3, Bug moves will have 50% more power.
70HP/94Atk/50Def/94SpA/50SpD/66Spe

Choice Scarf

Mothim @ Choice Scarf
Swarm/Timid
252Spe/252SpA/4Def
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Energy Ball/Hidden Power Fighting
Shadow Ball

Probably Mothim's best set, as it has decent attacking stats but really overrun by its poor speed, double weakness to Stealth Rock and piss defences. Bug Buzz and Air Slash are strong STAB moves, Energy Ball covers Rock/Grounds who resist both STAB moves and Shadow Ball is primarily for dealing with Rotom, who resists all other moves.

Watch out for Steels who will wall this set.
This set can also be used with Choice Specs, but be wary of your low speed.

SubSwarm

Mothim @ Petaya Berry/Salac Berry
Swarm/Modest
252Spe/252SpA/4Def
Bug Buzz
Substitute
Air Slash
Hidden Power Fighting

This set works well if your opponent has SR set up as then you just have to frighten the opponent into switching and then you can set up Substitute, or if SR isn't up just Substitute three times. This will activate both Swarm and your stat-boosting Berry, and therefore have a Bug Buzz boosted by both Swarm and Petaya, and you can attack from behind a Sub.
Note: Make sure you have a HP IV of 30, so that the HP is divisible by 4 and you can just sub once after Stealth Rock and activate the Berry.

Salac Berry is another option if you want more sweeping capabilities, but you won't be able to hit as hard.

Hidden Power Fighting allows you yo hit everything except for Zapdos and Rotom at least neutrally.

Physical

Mothim @ Choice Scarf/Choice Band
Swarm/Naive
252Atk/252Spe/4Def
U-Turn/Bug Bite
Aerial Ace
Return
Bug Buzz/Air Slash/Hidden Power Fighting/Shadow Ball

As nearly all Mothim are Special, this gimmicky set could surprise some of the counters. U-Turn is Mothim's hardest hitting physical STAB move except for Natural Gift, and can be used to scout for counters. Aerial Ace is here for secondary STAB. Return has good base power and not accounting super/low effectiveness, Mothim's second strongest physical move. The last move depends on of you want a secondary STAB move, or Hidden Power Fighting to be able to hit all except Rotom neutrally. If Rotom really bugs you, you can use Shadow Ball.

Bug Bite can be used over U-Turn if you don't want the switch-out effect. Note that if you do this, Return is actually the strongest attack you have.

Choice Scarf brings you a healthy speed boost, but Choice Band allows you to hit surprised opponents very hard.

Other options:

Psychic can be used on the Choice Scarf set, but doesn't really cover anything. Roost for the survivability, but with Stealth Rock everywhere it doesn't have a lot of use, considering Mothim's poor defenses. Camouflage is a move exclusive to Starmie and Mothim, and if you're good you can build a set around that. Hidden Power Fire or Ground can help deal with Steel types.

EVs:

Max Speed, and your attacking stat of choice. The four remaining EVs go to Defense so that your HP will be odd, and you can switch into Stealth Rock twice.

Counters:

Most steels can easily wall it unless you have a Hidden Power countering that. Fire types can take good damage from Air Slash but otherwise also beat it. Rotom can easily come in on anything but Shadow Ball and hit it with a STAB Thunderbolt. Stealth Rock and low defenses mean that he won't live through a lot of attacks.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Based on D/P

Smeargle:

Name: Baton Pass Support
@Shed Shell
Ability : own tempo
Nature: Jolly

Spore
Ingrain
Substitute / Spider Web
Baton Pass

EV's :96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe

This particular Smeargle is nearly required on all dedicated Baton Pass teams for its unique ability to Baton Pass Ingrain, which prevents Roar and Whirlwind. Spore makes an appearance since its extremely useful to incapacitate a "problem Pokemon" for your chain. If you lack Umbreon, or another Trap Passer, Spider Web should be your primary choice over Substitute to trap a Haze user and kill them off. Additionally, should a wall such as Bronzong or Blissey switch in and become trapped by Spider Web, the chain will become nearly unstoppable. Smeargle is best used when first passed an Agility or Rock Polish, since this will allow it to outrun almost anything and Spore them which makes it much easier for Smeargle to Ingrain and then Baton Pass away.

For the choice of item, Shed Shell is probably your best option. One side effect of Ingrain is that Smeargle, or any other member of your chain for that matter, can no longer switch out. Should you get caught off guard and get hit with a surprise Perish Song your chain will be completely ruined. Shed Shell resolves this problem since it will allow Smeargle to switch out at will, regardless of whether Ingrain has been used. It's also useful should you have just used Ingrain and your opponent switches in a Pokemon such as Heracross that will outrun and OHKO Smeargle. Rather then having to sacrifice Smeargle, simply rely on your Shed Shell to allow you to switch out. Leftovers and Salac Berry are decent alternatives as well, but usually Shed Shell will prove most useful.

First, Smeargle's Speed was maximized and the remaining EVs were delegated between HP, Defense, and Special Defense to give Smeargle the best overall defenses.

--------------------------------------------------------
Name : Anti-Lead
Item: Choice Scarf
ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Jolly

Moveset
-Trick
-Spore
-Destiny Bond / Explosion
-U-Turn / Haze

EV's : 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

This Smeargle set surprises most opponents that expect it to be Baton Passing things like Belly Drum, Substitute and Ingrain. This Smeargle is designed to mess up the opponent's team as much as possible, hindering them with Choice Scarf and sleeping them with Spore.

The set is intended to be a lead, to start messing with the foe's team as early as possible. First, Trick your Choice Scarf onto either something slow like Bronzong and then you can attempt to Spore the switch-in. Smeargle should be saved for later to hopefully take out a slower sweeper or tank with Destiny Bond or Explosion. The last slot can be one of many viable options. U-turn scouts out the opponent's sleep absorber and is generally useful for scouting while Haze can also help Smeargle save the team from a Garchomp with too many Swords Dances, provided Smeargle still has its Scarf.

[size=-55]Credit goes to smogon.com[/size]

Top Bottom