• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy Pokedex Submissions

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Can someone critic my victreebel set? Its my first set on here, and I'm not sure if thats how you guys want it to look like. xD

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Can someone critic my victreebel set? Its my first set on here, and I'm not sure if thats how you guys want it to look like. xD
Everything looks pretty good on it. I've always liked Victre for some reason, and the sets you gave it look pretty fun (much more fun than Smogon's...they're all so standard x_x) and solid to use, so I may even use one of these soon. :) I did see one problem, though. Your EVs on the Annoyer set go over by 10. I'm guessing its DEF EVs are supposed to be 150?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I would also consider boosting the speed EVs just a bit to outspeed unboosted TTar. I'm guessing you have a reason for that particular EV split in the second set- you should probably post why.

EDIT: I've decided I'm not really qualified to do the claydol entry. I just don't really know enough about it. If someone else wants to fix it up, I'll post it.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Everything looks pretty good on it. I've always liked Victre for some reason, and the sets you gave it look pretty fun (much more fun than Smogon's...they're all so standard x_x) and solid to use, so I may even use one of these soon. :) I did see one problem, though. Your EVs on the Annoyer set go over by 10. I'm guessing its DEF EVs are supposed to be 150?
Yeah it was a typo. I'll fix it now.
I would also consider boosting the speed EVs just a bit to outspeed unboosted TTar. I'm guessing you have a reason for that particular EV split in the second set- you should probably post why.
I'll post the reason in my edit.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
1: This is incomplete
2: We don't do things copy-pasted from Smogon.
When I do things, I make sure I'm following the rules that were initally established.

JesiahTEG said:
Submit any entries you would like to see in the Strategy Pokedex subforum. We will use this thread to discuss any entries and evaluate our peers. Here is the format used. Thanks to SSJ18 for this.
We're adding information to the topic. Nowhere does it say that copying and pasting is not an option. According to Jesiah.

Don't pull rules out of thin air, because that gives me the right to do so as well.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
When I do things, I make sure I'm following the rules that were initally established.

We're adding information to the topic. Nowhere does it say that copying and pasting is not an option. According to Jesiah.

Don't pull rules out of thin air, because that gives me the right to do so as well.
Actually, at one point in the rules it did say not to just copy paste from smogon, the first page has just been edited.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Much better:).

And btw, you guys have done a fantastic job with this thread. Just gotta a work on the rules ;).

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Ok, I've finished editing. I'll repost it in this post in case people are too lazy to go back a page.

Swords Dance Victrebell :071:
Victrebel @ Focus sash/Life orb/leftover
Chlorophyll: Adamant
252Att/180speed/76HP
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Sucker Punch
Encore

untapped potential of victre after a swords dance this thing is a beast. Encore anything that wants to set up on you then swords dance away. I've surprised killed alot of gengars the past month because of this set. No one expects this thing to have sucker punch. The 180speed investments allow it to outrun base 60speed opponents.

Annoyer :071:
Victreebel @ leftovers
chlorophyll: impish
252HP/ 150def/ 108sp def
tickle/encore
Toxic
Stockpile
Synthesis

This set is really annoying. Stockpile up and everything becomes simple Stall with toxic then encore anything that sets up on you. and synthesis off any damage its pretty basic.

StunSleep :071:
Victreebel @ leftovers
chlorophyll: Adamant
252hp/180speed/76Attack
stun spore
Sleep Powder
Swords dance
Leaf Blade

Put someone to sleep, when they switch to a counter stun spore them. If they decide to stay in swords dance up. Leaf blade for stab. Again 180speed EVs and 31IVs give it 221speed outrunning base 60 opponents. With platinum victre got alot better. People will soon realize its awesomeness. It recieved a reliable physical stab in leaf blade(also got seed bomb. It also got sucker punch and encore. Victreebell is a beast!

EVs:

Maxing attack is key pretty much key on the swords dance set . 180speed investments allow it to outrun base 60opponents. With 31IVs and 180EVs victreebel speed ties max neutral natured TTars If you fear them you can just take some HP EVs and dump them into speed. For +speed TTars just go for jolly and max speed.

Other options:

Knock off: Victreebel gets knock off, a good move for the annoyer set. Personally I think encore works better on the set but its always an option.

Growth/Energy Ball/leaf storm/sludge bomb: The special side of victreebell if you have problems with physical walls replace swords dance and leaf blade with growth energy ball. Leaf storm works for a good hit and run, I don't expect to see many people using this.

Seed bomb: Victreebel also gets seed bomb in the change to platinum. But I don't see a reason to choose this over leaf blade. But its an option.

Return: Another physical move for the swords dance set. This could replace encore on the swords dance set for coverage and works better then sucker punch in switch-in situations.

Teeter Dance: The works great along the stunspore sleep powder set. replace swords dance with this and you got yourself a real good annoyer.

Counters:

Steel types run all over all of these sets. Its defenses are poor and dies easily to super effective hits and strong moves. Altaria works well because of natural cure and fire blast or a flying move. Hypno does well against sets w/o sucker punch. Most poison types do well against these sets.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hey, I was just thinking about the following sets.

Special Sweeper

Victreebell @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Chlorophyll: Modest
72 HP/180 speed/252 special attack
Growth
Energy Ball
HP rock
HP ground

Generally not quite as useful as the other sets, but here he has HP ground to deal with the poisons and grounds that the other sets struggle with. HP rock covers lots of types that hit victreebell super effectively (flying,ice, fire).

Sunny Day Sweeper
Victreebell @ Focus Sash
164 HP/88 speed/252 special attack
Sunny Day
Energy Ball
HP ground
HP rock

A slight variant of the special sweeper, this set uses chlorophyll to outspeed all UU pokemon except electrode (who isn't an issue anyway). This is Victreebell's most aggressive option.

What does everyone think? Just trying to put his fairly good special attack to use. I would also add stockpile and reflect as extra options for the defensive set, even though they probably aren't the best options.

WouW

Smash Lord
Depends on what JesiahTEG and Umbreon think - they are the ones that allow people to be Pokémon Researchers. I think you have a better chance if you say 'I'm competitive and can post stuff yadayada'

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Depends on what JesiahTEG and Umbreon think - they are the ones that allow people to be Pokémon Researchers. I think you have a better chance if you say 'I'm competitive and can post stuff yadayada'

Oh... >>; i hope i can edit what i put. I thought they'd hate to hear that since anyone can say that

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion

Thanks. Also, question. When i go to become a pokemon researcher, do i just show the link to the thread you posted my set on? Or what? I'm clueless about this stuff.

I should have more sets for random pokemon up soon.
Just tell them why you want to be one and why you think you're qualified. But I'm pretty sure you have to submit 3 different pokemon to become a researcher. Also, tell me what you think about the sets I posted. I don't have that much experience with Victreebell, so I'm not sure how great they are.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Hey, I was just thinking about the following sets.

Special Sweeper

Victreebell @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
72 HP/180 speed/252 special attack
Growth
Energy Ball
HP rock
HP ground

Generally not quite as useful as the other sets, but here he has HP ground to deal with the poisons and grounds that the other sets struggle with. HP rock covers lots of types that hit victreebell super effectively (flying,ice, fire).

Sunny Day Sweeper
Victreebell @ Focus Sash
164 HP/88 speed/252 special attack
Sunny Day
Energy Ball
HP ground
HP rock

A slight variant of the special sweeper, this set uses chlorophyll to outspeed all UU pokemon except electrode (who isn't an issue anyway). This is Victreebell's most aggressive option.

What does everyone think? Just trying to put his fairly good special attack to use. I would also add stockpile and reflect as extra options for the defensive set, even though they probably aren't the best options.

Its impossible to have 2hidden powers on the same moveset. Its the same move. for the sunny day use solar beam, and for growth add sludge bomb instead of a HP. and encore is always a nice option.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Woops, I was getting carried away with the super effective hits there XD.

Just replace one of them with sludge bomb, and yeah, solarbeam for the sunny day one.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
You should add Mixed Victreebel

Victrebell@Life Orb
(Lonely/Naughty)/Chlorophyll
252Atk/140SpAtk/116Spe
-Leaf Blade
-Sucker Punch
-Return/Sludge Bomb
-HP Ground/HP Ice/HP Fire

ONLY USE THIS ON SUNNY DAY TEAMS. Mixed Victreebel is often overlooked for Tangrowth, but it does have quite a few advantages. It's much higher speed means it can use more EV's for its attacking stats. It's base attacking stats are the same as tangrowths, but switched, higher attack than special, but both mixed sets focus on physical attack giving Victreebel a slight advantage. Leaf Blade is your main attack, hitting bulky waters and grounds hard. Sucker Punch provides coverage against UU walls like Hypno and Grumpig. Return and Sludge Bomb are for enemy grassers and are up for preferense. Return does more against Grass/Poison types like Venusaur while Sludge Bomb does more against mono-grass types like Shaymin. The choice of hidden power is tricky. If you are solely using this set in UU HP Ground the best choice, easily OHKOing Aggron and 2HKOing Max HP/Max SpDef Probopass 56% of the time as well as hitting UU fire types like Arcanine and Camerupt. If you're using this set in standard you may want to use HP Fire or HP Ice. HP Fire hits the more dominant steel types in OU, easily OHKOing Scizor and Forretress, though you only manage a 3HKO at best on standard Bronzong. HP Ice allows you to easily OHKO Salamence and Flygon. If you do use HP Ice it's advisable to shift 72 EV's from special attack to speed as it allows you to outspeed even once Dragon Danced Salamence and Jolly Scarf Flygon.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Dunsparce

#206 Dunsparce
Normal Type
Ability #1- Serene Grace: The chances of battle effects happening double for this pokemon.
Ability #2- Run away: Can always run away during wild pokemon battles (in other words, useless to competitive battling).
Base stats: 100 HP/70 ATK/70 DEF/65 SP.ATK/65 SP.DEF/45 Speed

Annoysparce
Dunsparce @ Leftovers
Serene Grace: Careful
4 HP/252 DEF/252 SP.DEF
Thunder Wave
Headbutt/Rock Slide
Yawn
Stealth Rock

This is a major pain in the *** to deal with. He sets up stealth rock, uses yawn control, and paraflinches the hell out of people. The amounts of residual damage he can cause are surprisingly high.

Tanksparce
Dunsparce @ leftovers
Serene Grace: Careful
4 HP/252 DEF/252 SP.DEF
Roost
Toxic/Thunder Wave
Curse
Earthquake/Return/Gyro Ball (in this case, use 0 speed IVs)

Not the most amazing tank, but he has the resources: cripple, heal, curse, and kill. It's a very systematic set.

Special Sweeper
Dunsparce @ Leftovers/Wide lens
Serene Grace: Calm
252 DEF/252 SP.DEF/4 Speed
Charge Beam
Roost
Ice Beam
HP Ground/HP Fighting/Shadow ball

Serene grace+charge beam=auto sp.atk boosts. Charge beam as long as possible, roost, and repeat. You'll eventually end up with an absurd special attack, which allows you to utilize Ice Beam and Hidden power for good type coverage. This set is hurt by dunsparce's poor speed. For this reason, I've invested 4 speed EVs so he can outspeed fellow (unboosted) 45 base stat pokemon XD.:)

Other Options:

Thunder can be used in the annoyer as a powerful attack and paralyzer, but it is hurt by the fact that both the move and the effect have unreliable accuracy.

Pursuit can be combined with yawn to deal some damage, but this set doesn't really have enough power to deal much damage with it.

Flamethrower is an option on the special sweeping set, but generally doesn't add as much type coverage as hidden power. It's still somewhat viable.

RestTalker sets can be used, but I generally prefer roost here, due to its instant help and only taking up one move slot.

Substitute can help Dunsparce set up and avoid annoying status effects.

Protect is an option for toxic stalling, or it can be used to safely wait for yawn to work.

Bite and Astonish can also work for paraflinch, but generally aren't as useful as headbutt or rock slide.

Mirror coat can be a major annoyance if used correctly. Can also help stall for a turn, while also dealing some good damage.

Ancientpower+serene grace=20% chance of all stats being raised. If you're lucky with this, you've got yourself set up pretty nicely.

Aqua Tail can be used a a physical move on the tank set, but doesn't help type coverage much. Thunder bolt can be used in the special set, but then you'd be replacing charge beam.

Psych up can help lessen the issue of allowing status boosts.

EVs:
These should be placed in the defenses. Dunsparce's speed is too low to be saved. In the special sweeper set, you could give it some special attack EVs, but the difference in damage he will do is somewhat negligible.

Troublesome pokemon:

Fast fighting types often can OHKO dunsparce.

Ghost types are difficult, especially drifblim.

Other walls and tanks are generally a bit better at their job than dunsparce, and can often outstall him. However, he can force a switch with yawn.

Steelix can often switch in freely, and has a good advantage against dunsparce. It can roar you away if you carry hidden power.

SubPunchers are going to get easy kills. In fact, substitute in general causes all sorts of problems here. Taunt can usually ruin dunsparce. If it is tricked into getting a choice item, your options are limited.

Baton passers get to ignore yawn and pretty much get a free status boost. You're now set up to be swept. Psych up helps a bit, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Comments, anyone?:)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Can someone post a tangrowth set? I have one, but I have absolutely no idea what to do with it.

#465 Tangrowth
Grass type
Ability #1- Chlorophyll: Speed is doubled during strong sunlight.
Ability #2- Leaf guard: Status effects are healed during strong sunlight. You cannot get new status effects during strong sunlight.
Base stats: 100 HP/100 ATK/125 DEF/110 SP.ATK/50 SP.DEF/50 Speed

Sunny Day Mixed Sweeper
Tangrowth @ Lum berry/Leftovers
Chlorophyl: Rash
8 HP/252 SP.ATK/248 Speed
Energy Ball/Grass knot
HP Rock
Brick Break
Earthquake

This set give you enough speed to outrun the 130 base stat level, and gives you some pretty good type coverage. You're very vulnerable to special attacks here, so be wary of them. Thankfully, HP rock covers 4 of your 5 weaknesses. The last one is covered by earthquake. Use lum berry stops a crippling status effect, but simply going with leftovers is a viable option as well.

Tankgrowth
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Leaf Guard: Bold
4 HP/252 DEF/252 SP.DEF
Energy Ball/Grass knot
HP rock
Amnesia
Leech seed/Synthesis

Start off with amnesia, then leech seed and you're in good shape. This set is great for chipping away at health while keeping your own near maximum.

Stallgrowth
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Leaf Guard: Calm
128 HP/128 DEF/252 SP.DEF
Toxic
Protect
HP fire
Leech Seed/Synthesis

A nice defensive set where you leech and poison your opponent to death. you're safe half of your turns with protect. Synthesis is a great way to keep yourself alive.

Dual Powders
Tangrowth @ Leftovers/Wide lens
Sleep powder
Stun spore
Energy Ball/Grass Knot
HP rock

A pretty common set. Put the first pokemon to sleep, paralyze the switch-in. Then beat them down. Wide lens is generally less useful but gets the powders up to 82 accuracy.

Other options:

Knock off can get rid of their valuable item. It' ok.

Reflect makes tangrowth an amazing physical wall, but your main focus should be on compensating for his unimpressive 50 base SP.DEF.

Tickle is a good crippling move. But again, this is helping your physical defense which is already impressive.

Seed bomb and power whip are both viable stab moves.

Ingrain is good for healing, but when blaziken switches in you'll be sorry you used it.

Giga drain can do some damage and help tangrowth survive; therefore it is certainly a viable choice.

Growth and Swords dance can help boost its sweeping ability, but only really work with the first set.

Substitute can help with set-ups as well as blocking status conditions, and can be tough to bring down. With max hp, tangrowth sets up 101 hp subs, making seismic toss have to hit twice. If it has set up leech seed+leftovers, it is only losing 7% health per sub.

Salac berry can work towards making Tangrowth a viable sweeper and he will often find himself in the right HP range to use it.

EVs:
Should be defensively placed, except for the mixed sweeper set. As I mentioned above, max hp is an option for 101 health subs.

Troublesome pokemon:

Fast sweepers with one of his 5 weaknesses. These weaknesses are in mainly special types, so Tangrowth's subpar SP.DEF is not doing him any favors here.

Steels can wall him out for the most part. Poison types just kill this guy.

Taunters and trickers are major problems for his defensive sets.

Substitute status boosters can be tough to deal with.

Please give me advice on this one, everybody... Again, I don't use tangrowth much so I'm not sure how good these sets are.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I'll have an entry for you in about 10-15 minutes. But just for starters, a sunny day set could take advantage of chlorophyll, and he has the stats to be a tank.
If your making a Tangrowth set, wait for Pink Reaper to throw in input before you post it on the dex- he had a SICK set on his mono-grass team earlier, i dont remember what it was though.

Im not going too far, ill go over tangrowth later- but NO CHOICE SPECS?!?!?!?! :mad:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
If your making a Tangrowth set, wait for Pink Reaper to throw in input before you post it on the dex- he had a SICK set on his mono-grass team earlier, i dont remember what it was though.
Yeah, I wasn't really planning on posting it in the dex- I don't know enough about Tangrowth to feel confident with it.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Should I make aggron sets?

I like the ideas on some of the victrebell sets:)
Yeah, anyone who's willing to make a set definitely should.:)

There's only 38 pokemon right now; we're going to need to speed up production if we want the strategy dex to be comprehensive anytime soon.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
ill have more time during the summer, and right now im trying to figure out a good item for a set to base aggron....

c3gill

Smash Ace
There's only 38 pokemon right now; we're going to need to speed up production if we want the strategy dex to be comprehensive anytime soon.
This implies that there are more than 38 commonly used pokemon....

honestly its better to take your time and be thorough than to rush, and finish with a sloppy product. If everyone tried to do 1 pokemon a week, we would be awesome- because ideally your going to play with your pokemon (and every set) and know everything about it and how it works in the current metagame.

Rushing stuff isnt the way to go about this imo. So far I think I have submitted 3 pokemon to the dex, and I still managed to screw one of those up by not totally finishing it- I left out an obvious that I hadnt come across in a battle (look @ Scizor- no Magnezone: thanks Niiro).

Take your time! Play your sets! figure out everything, and then do it right! (imo)

Okay so on my DS that chances of me getting the right HP are very slim. Is there a reason why I can't just use Ancient Power?
Ancient Power isnt too shabby- the stats boost is really nice, and on most sets its better to use Ancient Power and use a different HP- generally Fire. USE ANCIENT POWER!!!!!

c3gill

Smash Ace

#465 Tangrowth
Grass type
Ability #1- Chlorophyll: Speed is doubled during strong sunlight.
Ability #2- Leaf guard: Status effects are healed during strong sunlight. You cannot get new status effects during strong sunlight.
Base stats: 100 HP/100 ATK/125 DEF/110 SP.ATK/50 SP.DEF/50 Speed

Sunny Day Mixed Sweeper
Tangrowth @ Lum berry/Leftovers
Chlorophyl: Rash
8 HP/252 SP.ATK/248 Speed
Energy Ball/Grass knot
HP Rock
Brick Break
Earthquake

This set give you enough speed to outrun the 130 base stat level, and gives you some pretty good type coverage. You're very vulnerable to special attacks here, so be wary of them. Thankfully, HP rock covers 4 of your 5 weaknesses. The last one is covered by earthquake. Use lum berry stops a crippling status effect, but simply going with leftovers is a viable option as well.

Mixed Sweepers should be EVed as such- this is a Sunny Day Special Sweeper EV spread. Power Whip over EB/GK, Ancient Power over HP rock, HP Fire over either EQ or BB- i would keep EQ. This is probably the only set that shouldnt be packing massive HP EVs.

Tankgrowth
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Leaf Guard: Bold
4 HP/252 DEF/252 SP.DEF
Energy Ball/Grass knot
HP rock
Amnesia
Leech seed/Synthesis

Start off with amnesia, then leech seed and you're in good shape. This set is great for chipping away at health while keeping your own near maximum.

There are much better options than this set. Lots better options.

Stallgrowth
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Toxic
Protect
HP fire
Leech Seed/Synthesis

A nice defensive set where you leech and poison your opponent to death. you're safe half of your turns with protect. Synthesis is a great way to keep yourself alive.

There are much better options than this set. Lots better options. Heatran says goodbye.

Dual Powders
Tangrowth @ Leftovers/Wide lens
Sleep powder
Stun spore
Energy Ball/Grass Knot
HP rock

A pretty common set. Put the first pokemon to sleep, paralyze the switch-in. Then beat them down. Wide lens is generally less useful but gets the powders up to 82 accuracy.

Needs Max HP- and run Leftovers. Impish looks best on this set, IMO- you need to decide if you want to run max Def or a tank in general. Power Whip and EQ/ HP Fire are your best bets at attacking moves.

Other options:

Knock off can get rid of their valuable item. It' ok.

Reflect makes tangrowth an amazing physical wall, but your main focus should be on compensating for his unimpressive 50 base SP.DEF.

Tickle is a good crippling move. But again, this is helping your physical defense which is already impressive.

Seed bomb and power whip are both viable stab moves.

Ingrain is good for healing, but when blaziken switches in you'll be sorry you used it.

Giga drain can do some damage and help tangrowth survive; therefore it is certainly a viable choice.

Growth and Swords dance can help boost its sweeping ability, but only really work with the first set.

Substitute can help with set-ups as well as blocking status conditions, and can be tough to bring down. With max hp, tangrowth sets up 101 hp subs, making seismic toss have to hit twice. If it has set up leech seed+leftovers, it is only losing 7% health per sub.

Salac berry can work towards making Tangrowth a viable sweeper and he will often find himself in the right HP range to use it.

Pink Reaper ran an AMAZING set on me- Choice Specs, I believe. Its not the first time Ive seen the set, but his set rocked my face off. Mention Specs, as Tangrowth has awesome attacking abilities and can take a hit.
EVs:
Should be defensively placed, except for the mixed sweeper set. As I mentioned above, max hp is an option for 101 health subs.

Max HP is generally what you want to run. Barring Sweeper sets.
Troublesome pokemon:

Fast sweepers with one of his 5 weaknesses. These weaknesses are in mainly special types, so Tangrowth's subpar SP.DEF is not doing him any favors here.

Steels can wall him out for the most part. Poison types just kill this guy. FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Taunters and trickers are major problems for his defensive sets.

Substitute status boosters can be tough to deal with.

Please give me advice on this one, everybody... Again, I don't use tangrowth much so I'm not sure how good these sets are.

Play the pokemon, get a feel for the sets he can use. Some of your sets are ....very unorthodox, and get walled/***** by too many pokemon to be effective. Hop on shoddy, throw him on a team and see how he does, what switches into him, and what you should have predicted. get ready to be dominated by Heatran.....

His best sets are normally those that arent expected. Double Powder is a great example of something that will catch opponents off guard and throw them off. Play around, see what you can come up with- i know you can find better sets than that Amensia-tanking and stalling one....

issues in red, stuff to use more in orange.

edit- sorry for the double post :( one was a suggestion, the other was a critique :ohwell:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Mixed Mojonbo wants to look like this:

Tangrowth@Life Orb/Leftovers
Naive/Chlorophyll
200Atk/80SpAtk/212Spe
-Power Whip
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-HP Fire/HP Ice

ONLY USE ON SUNNY DAY TEAMS! Don't listen to what somgon says, ancient power is ********. If you are using this set in OU, Rock Slide is the way to go. You stand to do less to only salamence(due to intimidate), while every other flier except Gliscor and Skarmory will take more damage, and Skarmory is easily handled by HP Fire. HP Ice should only be considered for the aformentioned Gliscor and Salamence.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Mixed Mojonbo wants to look like this:

Tangrowth@Life Orb/Leftovers
Naive/Chlorophyll
200Atk/80SpAtk/212Spe
-Power Whip
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-HP Fire/HP Ice

ONLY USE ON SUNNY DAY TEAMS! Don't listen to what somgon says, ancient power is ********. If you are using this set in OU, Rock Slide is the way to go. You stand to do less to only salamence(due to intimidate), while every other flier except Gliscor and Skarmory will take more damage, and Skarmory is easily handled by HP Fire. HP Ice should only be considered for the aformentioned Gliscor and Salamence.

Do you know how much rock slide will do to sala mence after an intimidate? Yeah rock slide is better because of the flinch hax chance too. Good job on that. But I'd keep HP fire for scizor and skarm.

WouW

Smash Lord
Yanmega

#469 Yanmega
Bug/Flying
Speed Boost: At the end of a turn, raises Speed by one stage
Tinted Lens: If the opponent resists your attack, its power is doubled
86HP/76Atk/86Def/116SpA/56SpD/95Spe

Choice Specs

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Modest/Tinted Lens
252SpA/252Spe/4Def
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Ground
Hypnosis/U-Turn

Thanks to Tinted Lens, your moves will hit very hard unless your opponent brings in a special wall or something that 4x resists your moves. Bug Buzz will be your primary attack and Air Slash is there for secondary STAB. Your third move will be either Hidden Power Ice to deal with the dragons that are 4x weak to Ice, and Hidden Power Ground will OHKO Magnezone and Heatran who will otherwise wall you. The fourth move is largely filler but you can use Hypnosis to shut down one of Yanmega's counters, or U-Turn to scout.

If you want more speed at the cost of power, you could either replace Tinted Lens with Speed Boost, replace your Specs with a Scarf or change the nature from Modest to Timid (making you outspeed neutral base 105 and positive base 90).

SubPetaya

Yanmega @ Petaya Berry
Modest/Speed Boost
252SpA/252Spe/4Def
Substitute
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Ground

Make sure you set your HP IV to 30. That way, Petaya will activate after only one Sub+Stealth Rock, or three Substitutes. After getting one or more speed boosts and Petaya Berry is activated, you're ready to sweep with 546 Special Attack and 433 (after 1 Speed Boost) or 578 (after 2 Speed Boosts) or even more speed. Watch out for Sandstorm, as it can potentially ruin your sweep.

Substitute #2

Yanmega @ Liechi Berry
Rash/Speed Boost
252Atk/252SpA/4Spe
Reversal
Substitute
Bug Buzz
Air Slash

A rather gimmicky set, but it could work. Keep your HP EV at 31 this time, as this will allow you to Sub 2 times with Stealth Rock or 4 times without - this will bring your HP to 1 (beware of Sandstorm) and give Reversal 200 Base Power, OHKOing 252Def/0HP Calm Blissey who would otherwise wall all your special attackers. Petaya Berry can be used over Liechi to hide the fact that you use Reversal, but you will need a Naughty nature to OHKO Blissey, and even then a physically bulkier Blissey might be able to survive it. Reversal can also hit other special walls, such as Snorlax or Regice.

Other options:

Protect can be used for a free Speed Boost, but it may be hard to find a slot for it. Shadow Ball can be used to deal with Rotom-A. Yanmega doesn't have a lot of other options.

EVs:

Max Special Attack and Speed, and the remaining point should go to Defense; this keeps your HP uneven and allows you to switch into Stealth Rock twice. The Substitute #2 set should have max Attack to be able to take on Blissey, and will primarily get its speed from Speed Boost.

Counters:

Blissey, Snorlax and Regice are famous for their special walling abilities, and the latter two often carry SleepTalk sets so even after Hypnosis you're still not done with them. Heatran and Magnezone resist all but are destroyed by Hidden Power Ground. Rotom-A with Special Defense investment can force Yanmega out easily, unless Yanmega has Shadow Ball. Sandstorm by itself can screw up Substitute sets. Other important things are that Yanmega loses 50% of its health from Stealth Rock, and has terrible Special Defense and therefore isn't that hard to beat.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Ok I'ma post some of the sets I've made and helped me win tournaments. Hopefully this will make people get alittle more creative.

Physical lati
Latias@Life Orb
Levitate: Jolly,Adamant.
252Att/ 252speed/6HP

Outrage
Earthquake
Sucker Punch
Zen headbutt/waterfall/Roost

This thing catches everyone off guard. Its my personal favorite. If you go for jolly give it enough EVs to hit 348 outrunning infernape. Gengar wouldn't be a problem with speed since you have sucker punch. I use adamant for the needed power, but its really up to you. Roost to recover life orb damage, zen headbutt for stab waterfall can be for gliscor and to damage skarm some what.(it probably wont do much anyway just switch) Latias gets sucker punch while latios doesn't. I guess this is payback for latios getting DDance.

T-wave Latias
Latias@leftovers
Levitate: Bold
252HP/ 230Def/20Sp. Def/8sp.attk

Roar
Thunder Wave
Roost
Draco Meteor/Dragon pulse

The point of this set is to thunder wave everything. Then after you've done that send in a late-game sweeper(like machamp) and wreck havoc on everything. This set works well with stealth rocks too so it'd be good to have some stealth rock support too. Draco meteor is to get at least one kill. Dragon pulse is if you want to do steady damage. Now you're probably wondering why i have the EVs the way i do. These EVs give a stat of 300 in BOTH defenses. of course this is based off a 31all IV spread. but you can play around with the EVs if you want. Max HP is ideal.

Cursepass umbreon.
Umbreon@leftovers
Synchronize: Impish
252HP/190sp.def/68def

Curse
Sucker punch/Pay back
Baton Pass
Wish

This should be the standard umbreon set. This issue is choosing between sucker punch and payback. Payback is good if you like the stab + going last and the attack boost from curse. I use Sucker punch for weakened pokemon such as a salamence that set up 3 dragon dances and is in red health. Plus its base power isn't bad either. Its really up to you what you want to run with this set. Now again my EV spread. with a 31IV across this gives me 394HP 343SP.def and 300def. Thats pretty good for a UU wall. without the curses. after this thing sets up its just ****. Umbreon is one of my favorites along with latias and mew. I have more fun with this set then any other set.(note: I use sucker punch over payback.)

Nasty plot porygon-z(2 moves)
Porygon-z@Salac Berry
Adaptablity:Timid
252sp.att/ 252 speed/6HP

Magic coat/ substitute
Ice beam
Tri Attack
Nasty plot

This is a version of stand porygon-z after a nasty plot and a salac boost almostt nothing can stand in this things way. I have magic coat there because porygon-z can take a hit like max heatran's flamethrower and survive in red to use salac. but if you want to be safe Substitute is the way to go. ice beam tri attack has great coverage and kills off most big threats. Porygon-z is alittle underlooked nowadays anyway.

CalmMindEpsy
Espeon@leftovers
syncronize:timid
252SP.att/252speed/6hp

Calm mind
Psychic
Grass knot
signal beam.

Always had a such a problem getting HP fighting for darks? Well its easier now with signal beam. Although you lose the quad damage against ttar and weavile but at the same time you get the coverage of shadow ball. It kills other psychics too! but you lose something for plain ghosts. and then you can use the extra slot for grass knot! Killing off swampert and doing alot of damage to gyra. Hell grass knot does more to TTar then signal beam. I personally find this set better then most espeon sets.

Top Bottom