• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STYKz - High Point, NC - Jul 26, 08 - Melee/Brawl tourny

BEHR

Smash Hero
Can you drive to any other places?

Or can you just stay in Wilmington?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm generally stuck at the beach house, at the mercy of my cousins/parents/aunts/uncles as far as where I can be driven to. The first night I might be in Raleigh (we usually fly in to Raleigh, then rent a car and leave the next morning), so maybe I could get together with some people then?

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
A bit of odd counterpicks for brawl.

Its quite a drive but if it looks like theres going to be a good participation especially OOS I should be able to rally a handful of SC smashers for this.

BEHR

Smash Hero
A bit of odd counterpicks for brawl.

Its quite a drive but if it looks like theres going to be a good participation especially OOS I should be able to rally a handful of SC smashers for this.
DO ITTTTT.

Carolina vs Carolina Crew Battle.

lord karn

Smash Master
I'll actually be at Atlantic Beach from July 13 - 20th, so we can play some during that time. I'll play Melee or Brawl, but I'm not that good at Melee anymore. I'll probably also have other smashers with me periodically while I'm at the beach.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Crew battles of any kind are fine with me, as once again I still haven't been in one. Karn, are you gonna vote to keep the rules the way they are? You have a good chance of beating with whatever new strategy you have now anyways.
Spaceballs, that sucks man. I really wanna play someone with a such a cool name! 6 smashers? I have...my brother in my area, and I have to drive everywhere else. I kinda know the feeling. Maybe I'll play you someday...

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
You can ask Karn and Malk, there are plenty of Smashers in our area, but they all kinda suck. And you're still good at Melee, Karn, you just need to stop playing Mewtwo! You got a sick Marth and Ganon, bro.

And Melee Crew Battles are awesome; we should totally have one here if time allows, Krii.

lord karn

Smash Master
Crew battles of any kind are fine with me, as once again I still haven't been in one. Karn, are you gonna vote to keep the rules the way they are? You have a good chance of beating with whatever new strategy you have now anyways.
Spaceballs, that sucks man. I really wanna play someone with a such a cool name! 6 smashers? I have...my brother in my area, and I have to drive everywhere else. I kinda know the feeling. Maybe I'll play you someday...
Stages don't really have a set legality yet. Most keep hanenbow banned, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it legal in many tournies. If I was hosting the tourney I would probably have it banned though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
How are the official neutrals and counterpicks decided? Just curious.
So, are you gonna keep it Krii?

Are you also sure you want to keep Pictochat, Distant Planet, and Pirate Ship? I've heard some decent arguments for and against them, and don't like them personally, but I'm not sure what everyone else wants.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I think we should just use the stages Karn used at his tourney. o;

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
How are the official neutrals and counterpicks decided? Just curious.
So, are you gonna keep it Krii?

Are you also sure you want to keep Pictochat, Distant Planet, and Pirate Ship? I've heard some decent arguments for and against them, and don't like them personally, but I'm not sure what everyone else wants.
My biggest problem is with hannebrow. Its hard to say exactly what is wrong with the map but I think I heard it described best as having elements that are not good for competitive play. Its simply a party map. distant plant is pretty bad as well. Pictochat and pirate ship can go either way. Onett strikes me as odd as well the walls just seem like you are asking for problems.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
K sry i was away at UNCG Orientation >.> well yeah i was always skeptical about hanenbow Pirate ship and DS but i never played on them enough to know right from wrong >.>

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ali, you must be soo bored over there, that's like the third time that I've seen you do this lol.
Anyways Krii, what are you gonna do now that you've heard everyone's opinions? It's your tournament, you can do what you want bro.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
Ok so i'm thinking about nixing Onett , Hanenbow and Pirate Ship are being nixe,

EDIT yeah onett is gone im updating OP

BEHR

Smash Hero
Vilt: MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

gotta love it

Vilt

Smash Lord
YOU WANNA TAKE THIS INSIDE! WITH A NICE COUCH *****! AND SOME GC CONTROLLERS IN HAND! :O Huh *****?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Yes, Dr.pP, there is something I want to tell you all. I have the biggest crush on Shawn Johnson. If you don't know who she is, shame on you. YouTube her.

Also, Dr.pP, hit me up next time you're in Raleigh.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Dark Hart, I find that really odd. But if that's your thing, it's all you.

Oh yeah, Krii, I'm so sad that I probably won't be able to make it. You know our DeDeDe/Kirby team would be soooooo sexy. Maybe some double Zeldas. :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LoZR, you've been absent from the trashtalks man! You still gonna whoop that tail or what son? I know I can't do it for you!

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
sorry man ive been absent from these threads here lately, what has been said recently? also, no one around here really plays smash anymore, i never have really sat down and played by myself either. Yet, i dont lose my skill just because i havent played for a while. Ill be ready for whatever happens haha. BTW i love malk

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Dark Hart, I find that really odd. But if that's your thing, it's all you.
Really, odd??

sorry man ive been absent from these threads here lately, what has been said recently? also, no one around here really plays smash anymore, i never have really sat down and played by myself either. Yet, i dont lose my skill just because i havent played for a while. Ill be ready for whatever happens haha. BTW i love malk
You better be at this *****, cause we're totally doing something Smash related at this!

*Edit: Do I even have to say it again? =P

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Kinda odd that no one OOS hasn't said they're going yet...but LoZR, that really, truly sucks dude. I know that everyone has been leaving the scene lately, and if I could travel out there to help you out, you bet I would. Hang in there bro, and I'll see you in the finals aight?

By the way, Malk is too good. So funny, and he has skills to boot.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
yes peepee unless my boy jihad can stop you haha. Wait or we talking about melee or brawl here haha, cause you know which one im talking about.

Edit-1800 poast w00t

Top Bottom