• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin on Ya Results

Kantō

Smash Champion
what happened to marth126? i think his name was.... i know its prolly a different story when u have college to deal with, but its been a while since a buff. tourney.

altairian

Smash Lord
if we work something out bewtween the TO's in there respective cities, we could have 1 tourney a month in a different place everytime. also, where is the buff. TO's? and 1 more person needs to step up and start hosting too. cura is now doing fests, so thats a start. we need something in albany, or mabye Bville. anywhere really. i dont wanna wait 2 months in bewtween tourneys.
Albany tournaments are coming. Give me a few months to find a few more local players so that I know turnouts will be worthwhile. And a venue >_> lol

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
My only worry about Albany is it's kind of far from the rest of W/CNY, and it will be much harder to get most of the W/CNY people to show up, just because its a longer drive than, say, Rochester to Syracuse or whatever. And good luck Buffalo...
I suppose if we find enough smashers in Albany, it could work.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
albany's melee scene needs to step it the **** up

where are KWAN AND N64? WHAT THE ****

seriously can anyone actually get a hold of those two?

altairian

Smash Lord
My only worry about Albany is it's kind of far from the rest of W/CNY, and it will be much harder to get most of the W/CNY people to show up, just because its a longer drive than, say, Rochester to Syracuse or whatever. And good luck Buffalo...
I suppose if we find enough smashers in Albany, it could work.
Well that's why we need local players lol. Not everyone is gonna be able to travel to every tourney. And if there aren't gonna be enough entrants then I'm sure lazy rochester kids won't bother making the drive :p
PS if there's a place we can host at SUNY albany, find out for me CJT, Snakeee is too lazy to find stuff lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
albany's melee scene needs to step it the **** up

where are KWAN AND N64? WHAT THE ****

seriously can anyone actually get a hold of those two?

ummm... your the only one that actually has the resources to get in touch with them...

Well that's why we need local players lol. Not everyone is gonna be able to travel to every tourney. And if there aren't gonna be enough entrants then I'm sure lazy rochester kids won't bother making the drive :p
PS if there's a place we can host at SUNY albany, find out for me CJT, Snakeee is too lazy to find stuff lol

bolded for truth.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I know they still go to tournies but why not the ones in syracuse or rochester! come on it's not too bad albany to syracuse really 2 hrs? or less you can go mad fast on the thruway. i'll try to let them know about all NY tournaments

if they went to events they would be on melee pr easily! a pika and dk on the pr would be sweet

Acton

Smash Journeyman
If you do albany tournements you can get people from the hudson valley MA and some of the other surrounding areas to the east

Also just got my dazzle in the mail today expect to see my vids up tomorow. Youtube channel is xActonx

Kantō

Smash Champion
listen, when i started the first syracuse smash thread, i hadent even met Cura before. let alone knew that he lived near me. we got together and found ways to get ahold of smashers in our area that you dont know about. we met Sharky, Acton, and had Stomps and Pdiddy already. with frannie too we had 7 people right there to play with. then magoo started tourney play and that was 8 players. when San and the albany kids come down to play we had 12 players.

what im trying to get at is that i had to TRY to find people to play with and it worked. our comunnity is growing at a pretty good pace and I did it all on a whim. i had no idea i would meet all these people in my area that smash. my tourney had a decent turnout and im hoping to do better in jan. all's i did was try....and it worked.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
We had a mini Smashfest thingy. :3

1. Shun (Meta, Marth, Sonic)
2. Myst(Wario, ROB)
3. Keyo(Zelda, Sonic, Wolf, Ike)
4. Koto(Ness, Lucas, Pika)
5. Kaori(Marth)
5. Guy With The Suit(Ike)
7. Blaze(Meta, Kirby) He forfeit
7. Nemo( Tink)
9. PJ(Link)
9. ?!?!?(Falco)
13. Kefka(Pit, Wolf)
13. JLAF(Wolf)
13. X(ROB)

Kantō

Smash Champion
Cura has a fest thread already, check it out. low teir tourneys and MM's all night!

as for vids cura is loading the ones on my SD card from the tourney. i dont know when they will be done and up, but there comming.

altairian

Smash Lord
listen, when i started the first syracuse smash thread, i hadent even met Cura before. let alone knew that he lived near me. we got together and found ways to get ahold of smashers in our area that you dont know about. we met Sharky, Acton, and had Stomps and Pdiddy already. with frannie too we had 7 people right there to play with. then magoo started tourney play and that was 8 players. when San and the albany kids come down to play we had 12 players.

what im trying to get at is that i had to TRY to find people to play with and it worked. our comunnity is growing at a pretty good pace and I did it all on a whim. i had no idea i would meet all these people in my area that smash. my tourney had a decent turnout and im hoping to do better in jan. all's i did was try....and it worked.
Dude I just played with 4 guys that go to local colleges that I just met (for the first time in person) last night. Oh yeah and I ran in to a kid at the mall that I know plays smash and has like 5 buddies that also play and gave him my contact info. Albany smash is coming and it's gonna be big. I just gotta find the people and the venue ;)

Also whoever mentioned it, good point about MA being able to make Albany tourneys. Hell NYC could make them if they wanted to as well. If there's a place we can host at SUNY albany, we can probably get a bunch of pot feeders from there plus it's literally right off the thruway so it'll be super convenient for everyone to get to. Just wait till next semester and the ball will get rolling XD

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well i know us syacuse would drive down to albany for tournaments its not to far. Considering albanys willing to drive all the way to roch/syracuse for tournaments i dont see why it should be a hassle for everyone else. For those of you who dont want to drive 2-3 hours down there. Stop being lazy if they can come up to our tournaments, you can at least return the favor. I dont see "i dont feel like driving" Being a valid excuse to not attend any of Cny tournaments (yes i include albany in CNY) Unless there money issue you should be there and support the community.

We have to work together if we want our scene to grow.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Heres my formula.

For every hour that I drive, I would like there to be 6-7 people at what ever tourney I go to at least. so If Im driving 5 hours to get to a tourney, I would like there to be around 30 people.

If theres slightly less, ill be slightly sour but Ill probably still make the drive anyway seeing as I dont get to see you guys all that often.

Thats why i worked so hard to get a decent turn out for this tourney. Cus im not gonna let people drive up here all the way from albany for a 15 person tournament. thats gay.

and as far as the Rochester smash fests go, Ill be putting up information about that stuff in the Power Rankings/ player finder thread.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well we already have 12-15 tournament Smashers brawl wise in Central Ny (Syracuse, Onieda, Albany) Etc. Along with at least 5-7 melee players. And that attendance is pretty much garenteed for central tournaments and the rest is up to the people who are willing to drive out. We can only achieve good turn out if people are willing to drive.

If you really think about your brawl singles tournament would have only had like 17 people and maybe 5-6 teams if not for alt eevee and acton making 1-3 hour drives.

Fact is not driving because of an attendance issue shouldnt be a problem cause we together are suppose to make the attendence we bring everyone we can to yours and you bring every you can to ours. And there shoudnt be anything less the around 20-30 people.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I've spoken to people on Res Life about renting venues and such, and it seems that there won't be anywhere on campus that will allow us to have a tournament AND have money involved, but I can do some more investigation.

Niw that I think about it, the campus center ballroom might make a great venue, its roomy, outlets probably wouldnt be an issue, at least with extension cords anyway. Plus, theres a food court with a Wendy's, Sbarros, Au bon Pain, Zepps, and a sushi place all downstairs. Hmm. I'll have to look into this.

If anything, it wouldnt happen til next year though, the semester is almost over now. Ill start lookin now, probably start askin questions in January.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Theres going to be a huge RIT (Rocherster area college) tournament in the beginning of april.

also, you dont have to tell the people in res life that theres money involved, do you?

part of the reason I hate dealign with colleges...

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
there was a smash tourny in oswego once and they gave out medals instead of cash LOL but it would be easy to do cash just say the money goes towards food but really just dont even do that lol

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
One tournament i went to was thrown in a church. it was orginally going to be for money till they found out. it ended up being a charity event for relay for life. Still a very fun tournament with a good tourn out. Like 32 people.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
unless its the american KID's foundation. other wise, yea, forget charity.
OMG! You forum troll like a pro! Can someone close this thread now since the Syracuse tourney is coming up soon? You can post random stuff there to bump it up.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I got em working, videos up later within the hour...did you guys record losers semi quarters between CJT and KID?

Top Bottom