• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin on Ya Results

altairian

Smash Lord
yoshi/bowser/other people on wario what what? dedede what what?
Grab releases are gayer than chain grabs imo lol, but still not infinite and yoshi's really doesn't even do that much damage cause you need so much space. So unless I'm forgetting something I'm pretty sure the only true infinites are Dedede on trash characters and IC's which exists in both games.

And Doom if you don't mean infinite then don't say infinite ;) Pika doesn't have any 0-deaths either so it's irrelevant.

Sharky

Smash Master
Grab releases are gayer than chain grabs imo lol, but still not infinite and yoshi's really doesn't even do that much damage cause you need so much space. So unless I'm forgetting something I'm pretty sure the only true infinites are Dedede on trash characters and IC's which exists in both games.

And Doom if you don't mean infinite then don't say infinite ;) Pika doesn't have any 0-deaths either so it's irrelevant.
wario goes straight up when air released. think about what that means...XD

Sharky

Smash Master
goggles you ******* you made no rule saying brawl doubles was 6 minutes in your thread. It shoulda been 7 according to that only melee was 6.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as I'm sick and I can't sleep and I've already called in sick to work tomorrow might as well make shout outs now. . . .

1 Snakeee (ZSS) Nice talking to you, got some great insights from you in our conversation at the mall. Winning at tourneys is more then just skill, its tactics as well. Aka the point you made about not wanting to fight san with your zero suit samus.
2 Pika Pika (Pika/MK) Nice meeting you, you own even more in person then online. Some wicked good matches, nice to see just how skilled one can get as far as this game goes. Kinda inspiring xD
3 JesiahTEG (Snake) Nice to meet you also. I was impressed by your doubles matches with pika pika, had some good team work going on there. You guys seem like good friends and I think you guys could own doubles if you practice more.
4 K.I.D. Goggles (Sonic/Lucario) My syracuse smash bros where right about you, you really are quite the "character". xD I liked your comment about how it's going to be "a long time" before I'm at your level. It might be sooner then you'd think. =0
5 San (Ike) When I think of you I think of modesty personified. Your a really nice guy, sorry for messing with your SD card. =x I think you could done a lot better but your in college and you prob have limited free time and I know how that is. Still really impressive. It would be scary if you played higher tier characters and had more time to practice. -cough-wintervacation-cough-
5 CJT (ROB) Thanks for getting me those codes and giving me the tips. I really paid attention to your matches because ROB is a camper like Falco and I want to see how a "camper" is supposed to act. I'm guessing from watching your matches I should be baiting more and trying to get the enemy to come to me, instead of approaching.
7 Cura (IC/Snake) Thanks for all the tips and support man, a lot of it helped. I think you where the first one on these boards to get in touch with me via AIM and play a match with me online. I'm hoping I have the "basics" down now like you suggested when we first met. xD
7 Goodies (MK/Diddy) Thanks for all the advice and support as well. I think it was you and peach/dude who did some friendlies with him who didn't enter singles who where cheering for me in my fight against stomp. It was nice to have someone cheering for me instead of against me at that tourney since I didn't know like 3/4s of the population at that tourney. I didn't get to see any of your matches and I only played the one friendly against you but you seem like a pretty good player in your own right. I look forward to more matches in the future.
9 Joaquin You and XXX where another one of those doubles teams that I was impressed with. You guys seem like good friends as well and I think you both could go far with doubles. Also was impressed when I faced you in the tourney. Next time I promise it won't be as easy to kick my ***. xD
9 13370 I think I remember who you are. . . the blonde dude with the nintendo characters shirt it was white? Seem like a pretty nice person didn't get to see much of your matches except at a glance. It was nice to meet you.
9 Moss Don't know who you are. =s
9 Bry Nice convos on the ride home, and thanks for the advice. I'm sure we'll get together a few times at least before the next tourney.
13 EeVee Sorry for mistaking your car for Matts. >< Next time I'll remember /franny/ has a car, not Matt. xD. Sadly I didn't get to see you play to much except a few times at the smash fest at your house the night before. Seem like a pretty good player yourself. I remember people making comments about how your peach is a tank in doubles because everyone always goes after cura. LOL
13 Greg Dunno who you are.
13 XXX Thanks for the tips and the friendlies. Wish "Team Nub" could have given you a better challange in doubles. xD Like I said in Joa's post I think you guys could get a lot better doubles wise. I'll get those vids up when my dazzle comes in like you asked.
13 Stomp Pretty intense matches with you. I need to stop relying on fsmash as my finishing move. I found out after this tourney that if I lazer meta knight while your spamming b it stuns you in attack. >< I was pretty annoyed at finding such a simple solution to your spamming b tactics in our money match/ at the end of our tourney match /after/ the tourney was over. D<
17 Chris Stephenson Dunno who you are.
17 Donald McMan Dunno who you are.
17 Altairian Thanks for the friendlies and the advice. Need to watch out for that thunder ><
17 Keyo Dunno who you are
17 Keith English lol thanks for being my doubles partner. Friendly falcos ditto matches ftw. I'm not such a nub where you can beat me with my main though. xD
17 Roger Dunno who you are.
17 Sharky Had an interesting conversation about power rankings/tourney results and how the correlate to actual skill. I for one don't believe in power rankings as truth set in stone. If x player is able to beat y player 9 times out of 10 but loses in a ranked match that 10th time I think I'd rather judge by the average versus ranked match results. Granted ranked match results DO hold merit because it shows how well a player can cope with stress etc, but still there are a lot of variables in ranked matches that can skew the conception of how skilled player x actually is.
17 Will <--I AM ACTON. Remember the name next time. I'm not Joe. ~_~
25 Al Don't get discouraged man. You can get knocked down a million times but if you lose the will to fight and to become stronger then you've lost the game for good. Keep at it.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Wario goes straight up when grab released and can be standing infinited by Yoshi, Bowser, and Zero Suit.

Ike and I believe Dedede can run past him when released and pivot grab to grab him again, effectively creating an infinite if they have enough space to do one dash.

lol at Wario getting grabbed by any of those characters other than Dedede, though.

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
dam!!! i wish i couldve came seemed like there were alot people at this o_o

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol at 3 days worth of thread to catch up on.

4 K.I.D. Goggles (Sonic/Lucario) - I was definetly impressed this tournament with your performance i might have to lessen the trash talk against you for awhile.
and now that Ive learned how to fight ICs, ill be unstoppable at the next one. Thanks for the IC friendlies during grand finals, since we both knew who was going to win... Too bad on you placing tho, maybe if you were better...
just sayin, lol. also, thanks for helping me to realise that even tho I lost, I am good at this game, I learned this, when I went from getting handled, to ****** your mario in about 3 matches.

Were brackets saved?
no but I think it can remember most of the matches that went down, if you want to know...

This tourney was fun and everyone is cool as usual. The venue had a lot of space but we didn't seem to take advantage of it for whatever reason, but it's all good. Anyway, shoutouts:

Goggles - Ganon's range is too huge for me. Good stuff hosting as well.
thanks alot man, big up for you stepping your game up massively, but you still cant beat me... =P protip, cape is really good for edgegaurding, since you only have to hit with it once to kill, as opposed to having to hit with like 4 bairs.
also, we couldnt use all of the room available, because theres actually no power or outlets on that side of the room, but we will fix that for the next one.

shouts-

KID- awesome job, great place, and fun tourney. ur fox is going down next time though lol.
To anyone else i missed, i had a great time and you all need to show up to Syracuse 2 for more tourney action!
I dont know if it comes from playing sonic, but I just have a lot of fun playing terrible matchups, like fox v pikachu, and ddd vs pikachu/olimar. thanks for coming and being devoted to getting better man, im sure youll get there, but you still wont beat me anytime soon. =P keep coming out and keep getting better.

K.I.D. Goggles - Good **** stepping your game up, it was fun to watch your matches, even when you played sonic (****ing boring *** character to watch :p ).
***** YOU PLAY CAMPACHU GTF OUTTA HERE!
But thanks a lot for that, I know that even tho I beat most people, its still mada mada dane for me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkWPUiOFD8
Well Goggles MK happened to beat me in a tourny and yours didn't, just sayin.
Goggles' MK has also played more than one set ever against Pikachu, br0ski.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQHfoz9Be7U

KidGoggles: Ganon in Melee, all the Wizard's Foots! And the stage spike on PikaPika! Man, your Ganon was on that night, way to ****. Your Lucario was slo amazing in Brawl, good s**t on placing so well, and also jumping somebody's car.... no matter how much talk of holding up the tournament we did. =P
~Highlights~
We saw a Papa Johns.
lol step it up buffalo.
Goggles beat Snakeee after SDing. =O
For the love of god, tell me I saved that match.
Jesse and I had a match 0:59 seconds long.
I can do better.
All the Ganon spikes!
youre welcome
I Fair, Fair, grabbed, fthrew, fair'd Goggles in doubles. =D With Marf. :3
Marth is a load of bs in melee.
We all went to Amiel, and Goggles said: "This sandwhich is like JesiahTEG, I don't know hwo to approach it"
Too bad I still couldnt power thru him in brackets like I did with that sandwich, I need help vs snake...
Keyo:Happy Feet, Wombo Combo.
Shun: Dat ain't Goggles.
PikaPika!: I don't believe this is Goggles playing.
I caught the glow, I totally felt it, that one point he tried to grab me with MK and I ran away and pivot grabbed him instead, that was when I knew he had no chance of winning the match.
Falcon's weak knee has priority over Ganon's Fsmash.

I hate how close ganon is to being good in that game, all it does is give ppl false hope.
Thanks alot for doing what it took to come out, i hope you enjoyed yourself, and I hope keyo watched my sonic closely. you both still have a lot fo improving to do, but youre young so just keep at it, keep coming to tourneys, and keep, playing with good, people, and youll have no choice but to eventually get better.

[/COLOR]
Disappointing that I couldn't make it myself. Looks like it went well. Someone message me when the vids are up.
wish i coulda gone. grats to greg for 3rd place in melee singles. foy, youre droppin the ball man! i need to play you all soon. :p
Ima definitely make sure you two come to the next tourney.

shoutouts:
Goggles: bring out the fox! Also, delays happen in most tourneys, this is a given fact. A good TO will hope for the best BUT plan for the worst. I can't account for whoever made these delays, but I still think you should start it earlier. I love the venue though, and despite the time issues, it was well run, and a great tourney, overall. I fully support you turning Stylin on Ya into a series. Here's hoping that the next one comes soon. Good **** improving your sonic, too. I need to learn the match-up before I mm you again. EDIT: better enforce your coaching rule or get rid of it.

Seriously, ima have to DQ stefan and Kelvin, if they dont shut the hell up when people are playing...
STOP COACHING.
Other than that, maybe you are right about start times, and ill think about it, but aside from that, thanks a lot for coming out to the tourney, thanks for playing with me, and I WILL thank you to never wear a tank top again, you are a hairy beast, its like you were wearing chest armor...

SHOUTOUTS!
Goggles - Good job running the tourney. I only got mildly sick this time and I don't blame it on you. Also, good showing with your ganon, but srsly, learn to fight fox, dude. It's not impossible.
WHAT CAN I DO AGAINST NAIR --> SHINE, THAT MESS IS IMPOSSIBLE!!
Also, thanks for coming out and make yourself look like a fool by once again using a gamecube controller, like an arcade pad<3. you should play brawl, you can customise your buttons in that game and it works perfectly into what you do. also, thanks for always making play hard dispite how much I dont want to , and for always making me step my trash talk game up.

Can we get some fcking brackets or fixed tournament results?

What do you want to know? you already know who you lost to... did you for get or something? Also, I just realised that ive had to play you either first or second round, at every tourney that ive been to since february, at the last BFWNY. like im in your bracket, EVERY TIME, this needs to be rectified, I gonna have to just get good and beat you or some thing... Thanks for being mad cool, and coming out dispite your circumstances, I know it was probably hard. but you always make the tourney a great experience. and I hope stuff gets better for you.
and oh yea, next time, ill 0-death **** all of your stocks, and not just the second one.

Johning for someone else? More like Kid's "accomplishment" not being as great as you make it out to be.
yo fool, its KID, get it right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewc1hixzYPY

Anyway, enjoy losing to my crewmate during his time at school. I'm sure he'll be purchasing lots of delicious juice beverages with your money.
brawl f4gg0t mother fukcers need to get out of our tiny regions results thread.
pika pika, i didn't think you actually believed that garbage, as well. you beat me solidly in a last hit, last game set. good job. your friend goggles has absolutely no accomplishments other than beating your pikachu, a character which i imagine he knows very well from playing/watching you. using the "i beat player one who lost to player two, so i must be better than player 2!" logic is just stupid.

i've never said a word about this guy, and he's randomly **** talking me because i lost to you. that's an insult to you. goggles is basically saying that his friend is trash and that losing to him means that i'm trash. good job defending his point there, pika pika.

thanks for asking if i could go,to those of you who did. lol
i don't travel very far anymore. i doubt i'd go to one of these. =/
How bout everyone stops hating on everybody. I come back to NY to watch everyone ****ing drink haterade and yell at each other.

Nah just playin just troll each other and go to a tournament and proves whos right.
AKA show up to Syracuse tournament and show whos boss.
This. Ill be glad to money match anybody that has beef there.
Originally Posted by PikaPika!
Yea im pretty much just saying **** to see how people respond I don't mean any of it but its fun to see your friends try and defend you

Shadow responded
you sir, are hilarious. -__-
they're not "trying" to defend me, they're telling your ignorant friend to know his place.

lmfao
I know my place, just cus snakeee, plays a character that none of us have ever seen before, doesnt mean your better than us shadow,
1. I will put money on the fact that if you came to a tourney out here, you wouldnt win.
2. I know exactly where my place is, its right above you... Come get some.
Protip: Never take anything goggles says seriously. Ever.

btw, this entire "conflict" started as an insult to Inui and his backwards logic. Just saying. (thank god Inui is banned from tourney results so I can say his name without him namesearching and gaying up the thread)
most important post in the thread.

half of this area doesn't give a **** about your kid game shadow. go play bakugan or some other kid ****. get the **** out of the topic. you didn't come to this tournament and the results aren't relative to you.

and pikapika doesn't run **** he just comes to events and wins who gives a ****

goggles runs **** but they run well he just talks mad stupid **** all the time

**** you ******s
resized to restate the point.
also, by far this is the funniest post in the thread. EL OH ELLE. BAH COO GAHN.

alright, it's good to hear pika pika wasn't the one bragging. i hear other people randomly saying that i suck for losing to this guy and find that it wasn't even the guy i lost to that was bragging, but his friend, who i've never even played. lmao

betabahamut- sorry for that. i made that first comment jut to get back at goggles for all the **** he's said about me, lol. i wasn't trying to insult your region as a whole.
my brother told me good things about your players, anyway. the only person i have problems with is this guy goggles. that's ok though. hopefully some day we'll play in tournament and i can settle it there.
i'll leave this thread now.
glad we could get stuff resolved. I just like stirring the pot, friendly rivalries make the game more fun, if you ever saw me and the general play melee, youd think we HATED each other, but were actually super chill. I love making fun of inui logic.

Feel free to talk junk to me, cus ill do it to you. but its not necessary to bring EVERYONE into stuff like that. and as to make amends, ill give you one free stomp out, in a match, the next time I see you in a tournament. =P
we cool?

dam!!! i wish i couldve came seemed like there were alot people at this o_o

Maybe if you werent such a *****...

also people I missed.
hubble, your trash talk game was extra flat at the tourney, step your game up.
artery clogger, what the hell, you were like the skinniest dude at the tourney, get a more appropriate name please. kthnxbai.

angel, you remind me of myself, when I first started playing melee, I played with kelvin for hours on end. and no matter how good I got, he would always still beat me, thats because even though I was always getting better, he was always getting better as well. and thats what you do for me. I even use sonic against you, something I never thought Id be good enough to do, so thanks for always tryign to step up, and making me better.

Joaquin:thanks for finally stepping up and coming to a tournament and showing us how city kids get down, if I had lost to snakeee, in my first set, I would have had to play you in brackets like you wanted, sorry about that. lol. but you did really good with angel in teams, and I hope you keep coming out. and start bringin more of the city kids with you. we need more color in the rochester smash scene if you know what I mean... you did really good for your first tourney and I know you can and will improve.

cjt: lol babyface, im not gonna lose to somebody that looks like theyre 14 years old. your rob is good, and you play him correctly, i just wish your character could approach, playing you made me sooooooo angry. especially when you beat my fox, with that BS. But I got my money back and then some, its all good. lol.
if you want to be more than average tho, your going to have to be more than average with your playstyle, it was so transparent that I could easily see your moves, work on being more unpredictable and youll go far.

goodies, thanks alot for helping me with this, if it wasnt for you and cyberstorm this never would have went down. but you SERIOUSLY need to stop coaching, its wildly aggrivating during tourney sets. This is like the 3rd time we havent played at all in brawl. we need to fix that.

san: we lost your bag, im sorry, kelvin and rob will be looking up and down for your stuff, but as of now, I cant find it. Thanks for teaming with me in teams, and im sorry our synergy is so bad... well do better next time.

Amber, I will make you good at melee and I PROMISE I will team with you next time. you have my solemn word.

minh, you are lucky you didnt play me, Im actually quite pissed that you out placed me. more than anyone else.

shun. your goofy and you hold onto jokes for a little bit too long. but its not a true smash tourney in the WNY unless you show up.

Keith: thanks for coming out and Im sorry I didnt get to play you. I hope you see this and keep coming to tourneys.

Keyo, i hope you had fun, and I hope your sonic improved from seeing mine. even tho im better than you, my sonic improved from seeing yours.

MOSS: Thanks for the training session. its part of the reason I played so well. you played amazing too. just remember to nado bit more and youll be golden. Good job on your placing.
SHETH: thanks alot for helping me practice, it was huge for me, theres a dude named the hulk that I can introduce you to, and if you want to improve your DK hes the dude you need to talk to.

Tao: you did really good for having your teamate ditch you.

KoJ: you did really good for having your teamate ditch you.

TEG: youre a **** for only rootign for me one time ever.

melee players, stop losing to a bad ganon.
Brawl players, stop losing to a bad sonic.

everyone I didnt get to. thank you very much for coming out and supporting my tournament. and i hoep you come again.

Sharky

Smash Master

Seriously, ima have to DQ stefan and Kelvin, if they dont shut the hell up when people are playing...
STOP COACHING.
Other than that, maybe you are right about start times, and ill think about it, but aside from that, thanks a lot for coming out to the tourney, thanks for playing with me, and I WILL thank you to never wear a tank top again, you are a hairy beast, its like you were wearing chest armor...
pika and jesse too.

hahaha about the tanktop it's my shirt for work (I lifeguard) I came to cura's straight out of work and didn't get a chance to change. Plus it was too warm in there for a sweater.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
The brackets aren't me they're for people who were straight up LEFT OUT OF THE RESULTS or have the WRONG RESULTS lol idk it's just kind of lame, i'd be pissed too. Tao and others just tell Kelvin what the results were of your matches if you're in the wrong spot.

And yeah goggles, good stuff man. We have played in bracket at every single tournament, I remember the very first time... I four stocked your doc on dreamland. What happened to your doc? ganon is better anyways :D I'd love to get 0 to Deathed four stocks by ganon ^.^ if that ever happens we should start teaming hahaha

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Brawl/Melee Shoutouts
PikaPika - Gratz getting 1st again in Melee Singles. You got lucky that Jesse was playing bad and everyone else is just worst than you. I'll learn how to CG you better with my Sheik and it's GG. Fun matches in Brawl as well and it was really fun watching you play in both grand finals for both games.

JesiahTEG - Nice placing in both Brawl and Melee and way to stay uber consistent and calm in all of your matches. You definitely have the attitude of a true pro. Would be great to see you **** more in Brawl though since I know you dont really practice as much anymore. I didn't see the rest of your set vs Snakee since I was rushed to play matches and sorta forfeited so I could finish tourney quickly.

Goggles - Thanks for all of the help. The tournament would not have happened without your efforts in promotions, car pooling and your positive attitude for both communities. This is the first time that I felt as though you deserved to win a tourney; there were no gimmicks in your Sonic or Lucario game. It was straight up pro **** in all of your matches. You should have beaten Snakee if you didn't get so bent out about some one hitting a TV. Just stay calm and finish the match like the rest of us and you would have won. Hope that you get top 3 next tourney at least. Minimize your gimmicks and you'll continue to ****. Nice work!

Goodies - You're awesome! Got the same placements in both Brawl and Melee Singles and Doubles. Way to be consistent!

Blue Peachy - How about enter a singles tourney for once! J/k. We are glad you came up and joined us at least for friendlies. Extremely fun friendlies in Brawl. My CF is L33t and Penguin Suit D3 should be banned. I can't focus using that toon!

Melee Shoutouts

Artery Clogger - Thanks for teaming with me! Had tons of fun as your partner and we'll do better next time. Your Doc was so **** at this tourney that I'm seriously considering picking him up and learning some of his combos. My AIM is Auntbitc. Your performance was seriously one of the highlights of this tourney. Please team with me again!

TML - I didn't get to play you at all, but it's always an honor having you attend any of our events. Great job winning teams with Jesse. You guys have good synergy for being the first time you guys teamed. I was hoping to see more Falcon in singles. Hope you didn't give up on the tough guy. I was hoping to see some Falcon vs Fox vs Jesse. Maybe next time. We should chill more too. Seems that I'm always too busy when you are in town or you catch me at an awkward time. That's the way of TML I guess.

KoJ - Good performance as usual in both singles and teams. Really fun matches vs you and Neil. Really glad you stayed for this event despite Jesse not teaming with you. I didn't get to see any of your other matches, but I'm sure you ***** in the one's you've won. PikaPika and Jesiahteg are pretty hard to beat so I would not be upset about your 5th placement. You can thank Doc for knocking Jesse in loser's early. Doc always has a way to screw with you hahaha!

Foy - Fun tourney match! Keep working on your Fox. You got that Lasering and basic combos down to a science. I had same problem in Brawl choosing a main, so I understand why you aren't as consistent as you like to be. Find a group of characters you excel with and keep asking questions about how to improve. Our match demonstrated great improvement from last time we played a year ago. Keep it up and you'll place in the upper ethelon. More friendlies plz!

Minh - Great performance from you! Your Marth is pretty unique and screw me off guard. Really smart player and you'll improve even more once you perfect AT's with Marth. I definitely will not sleep on you next time and looking forward to playing you again tourney or friendlies. I heard you were beast at Tekken. Let's play that!

TheGeneral - I was hoping for some epic Peach dittos, but Minh got the best of us. Nice performance in teams as usual. Next time let me face against KoJ. I'm really good vs Falco now ask Jesse and good against his style of Fox since I've played with him for years. I also admire your style of Peach play: really fast and aggressive. I try the more balanced approach depending on the matchup. A lot of characters benefit from Peach playing aggressive, but we'll work on that. Let's get Peach in top three for singles next time. I'm sad there were no friendlies. That's the bane of being a good TO.

Good Samus Player: Thanks for the fun friendlies before tourney. Helped me remember what to do vs Samus. Always great playing new players.

Tao: You should've had that one match vs KoJ. **** that SD! I was rooting for you! I'm really glad you entered the tourney since you reminded me of the good ol' early days of Melee when we were all trying to improve. I still remember playing on your laggy tv at your dad's. That was a real challenge. I'm down for more dirt biking when weather gets better. I promise not to fall off this time!

Mike: LOL at Up Tilt finisher in Ganon ditto! I hope to see Geneseo being more apart of our community. Please keep coming and you'll become a strong opponent like the rest of our community.

Greg (Zelda player?): Good job ****** Foy on Peach's Castle with Zelda hahaha! I didn't get any friendlies with you. I should attend RIT Smashfest since you owe me some.

Brawl Shoutouts:

Snakee: I'm honored to be blessed with the best ZSS /endmeatriding. Seriously, you had a really hard bracket and you still came out on top. You provided me with the most entertaining Brawl matches I've ever seen in this area and I will travel to Syracuse just to see you play again. I'm really lost for words for how good you are and all of the haters can just blow you cuz your performance was amazing. Much respect for coming out of loser's and winning this tourney with a very hard character to use at high level of play.

Cura: I love this guy! You seem to have the same calm expression no matter what you are doing. You're so good at Brawl! You should teach me how to play this game more since there are so many random tidbits about this game I'm still lacking. I just play MK and win for some reason when I'm unsure what to do :). Great performance in teams and singles! I didn't catch any of your singles matches, but having JesiahTEG and Snakee in your bracket meant really hard matches for you. Snakee losing to Goggles pitted you against Snakee who I did not expect to go into Loser's so early. I hope you **** in Syracuse in a month.

CJT: LOL @ Peach! Your ROB is **** and I really should not have underestimated you. I hope we get in some friendlies or MM's in next time we meet. I could learn a lot of ROB tricks from you and could use him to cover some of my weaker matchups like avoiding Diddy Kong dittos LOL! Great performance in both singles and teams and looking forward to a similar or better performance at Syracuse. Keep up the ROB! ROB ditto MM?

Sharky: We definitely need to do a pride match! I might even do a Yoshi ditto vs you for the lawls doing the pride match haha! Good stuff in teams and it was unfortunate that we did not met in brackets. CJT ***** my Peach lol, so hopefully that made up for it. Also, I think that stage is fine if I play MK lol!! In fact, I think all CP are fine if I play MK since most of them IMO are MKcentric. Silly SBR! You don't have to play Brawl to understand that.

XXX: Awesome Wario! It was so fun watch you vs Goggles! SO INTENSE! I was hoping to pick up Wario for the lawls, but I have a lot to live up too if I want to do anything as legit as yours. I was worried that you weren't going to attend; however, I thought you repped the Wario well in both singles and teams. Please teach me such an awesome toon!

San: You had extremely hard matches and this tournament would have been quite different if you did not lose to PikaPika in Winner's Semi's. Your fifth place finish infers that there was a high amount of competition at this tourney and made the tournament much more exciting. You are definitely one of my favorite players to watch and play against. I was hoping to watch more of your matches, but I was either busy calling matches and/or playing my own. Keep up the Ike and hopefully we'll see you back on top.

Bry: Thanks for teaming with my again bro! I have to learn not to run into your Jolts and play more MK in teams since I have better control in what's going on. D3 in teams sucks cuz of limited mobility and lack of fast KO's. Good job beating Sharky! Also, sry about knocking you out of the tourney again :).

Altarian: NOT ANOTHER PIKACHU! I seriously had to play vs three pikachu mains this tournament. That's for the warmup before playing PikaPika. I have not played vs Pikachu in months and I did pretty good vs him. Hope to play again sometime soon.

EeVee: I saw your match vs Joaquim and it was INTENSE! Awesome comeback that match. I hope to do more Peach dittos vs you sometime in friendlies or whatever. Keep up the Peach!

Pdiddy: LOL at the MK SD's! I was afraid of the Diddy ditto, so I had to choose between ROB and MK. Fortunately, I choose ROB, cuz I didn't not want to be nana combo'ed to death and can control nana's better with laser and other ROB concoctions.

Moss: I was great playing friendlies and teams vs you at this tournament. Very close teams set between us. Pretty **** MK too! This was your first tournament and I thought you had a good performance overall. I sincerely hope you continue to come this these and hopefully for Melee as well since Goggles tell me that you play that as well. You are going to be key competitor in our region and we hope you'll continue to improve. A pretty chill dude like yourself deserve nothing but the best. Hope to see you at least top five next event.

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some players and I apologize if I left someone out. I'm not sure if I'll be making the Syracuse tourney since I'll be back in DC in a few weeks. I have a job interview and family in DC and there is a good chance that I'll stay. If this is my last tourney in this region, I'm just going to say this tourney was one of the best and I'll won't forget about the great memories I've had with such an awesome community. The rivalries, trash talking, weird mindgamey playstyles and players have made this region the best. We have great players and people. We don't have PC Chris, M2K, KDJ, Mango, but will have great players and people who are friends and all share a common interest: smash. All of the pros started by having a community of friends and talented players.

I hope you guys continue to provide and develop friendships like I have beyond Smash because you will not find a community as great as this in your life. If I come back to Rochester for a tourney, I better get first class room and board!

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm actually considering playing your mk at some point just to see how it goes, Goodies. I have a sneaking suspicion that it isn't as bad for yoshi as I thought.

edit: playing your mk on dp of course lol.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Quick Shoutouts, 2-3 sentence length, GO:

Bry: Next tourney I'll beat you with Fox, but seeing how much you improved is making me think twice XD. "Why do I feel so comfortable at 85%?"
BluePeachy: Best. Grand. Finals. Match. Ever. After the 19th time I tried shield a crab I finally realized that they shield stab. Every time.
Altairian: Hanenbow = Win. I think those were some of our best counterpicks ever. You Pika is way better dude, I can't wait to dubz in January. Your Ike is pretty sweet too (**** 4 sentences).
Sharky: Needless to say, Yoshi doesn't screw me over nearly as bad as he did before. I was there when you got clocked out as well XD.
CJT: From what I remember you and Sharky teamed right? If so, "always challenge the PKT2". We'll have our matches next time.
Sheth: Goggles has been dethroned. I don't think a single person in Rochester could be more enthusiastic than you were. My hat's off to you, and also sweet DK.
Goggles: Nice job on the tourney. I'll get 'cha next time. Still, it would have been nice to play ya more.
Joe: You wont ever see this, but this is for everyone else. This dude started training a week before the tournament, still pulled off some cool stuff, and he plays better with 1 Climber than 2. 'Nuff said.
Eevee: Next time we'll play some non-doubles matches. It's quite refreshing to see a good Peach player.
Cura: I'll let you know, even though it didn't really work it pained me to water-camp. However, I learned from our match that I like Delfino Plaza, so I'm glad. Next time I'll beat your Marth.
Al/BNANA/Bah/Y.M.G/Aaro/Bubble-gum: Pick a tag and stick with it or I'll punch you in the face.
Keith: I know you don't have an account, but nice meeting ya man. Keep reppin' Ganondorf.
Acton?: Falco player who trashed mah friend, right? I think we played you in dubz, ggs man.
PikaPika: I don't care if it was just trash talking. I got no right taunting you until I can beat you in a set. I'm glad I got to play you in the tourney, and I'm pleased to know I can actually fight you now. GGs
Keyo: Nice Zelda, I got to fight SoRaph a while back so I've learned a bit about her (A.K.A., I can SDI her U-smash, then proceed to do whatever I want). Nice playing doubles with you too.
Guy who played GaW and Ganon: Pictochat gayed you so bad. Don't pick Lblue GaW if you want to see if the bucket is full XD.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
MK vs Yoshi is only 60/40 in favor of MK on neutrals. Just don't lose the first match and the matchup is pretty fun actually. You have grab release combos that end with dashing Up Smashes and Fair; however, if you notice that I avoid grabs from Yoshi and punish them hard if you miss. Yoshi has much worst matchups, a few of them being mid tiers and some low tiers. I think Yoshi is a mid tier character potentially with a mild advantage vs most mid tiers and mild disadvantage vs S and A tiers like MK, Snake and ROB. He has a decent advantage vs Wario once he gets a grab in.

I mostly play Diddy Kong vs Yoshi, who I think Yoshi has no chance at beating if Diddy Kong is playing the matchup properly. He completely shut outs Yoshi's camping game and you are force to approach with bairs, dairs and over B in attempt to shut out Diddy's Nana game. Diddy Kong can play that match either aggressive or defensive and will still beat Yoshi the majority of the time.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
and now that Ive learned how to fight ICs, ill be unstoppable at the next one. Thanks for the IC friendlies during grand finals, since we both knew who was going to win... Too bad on you placing tho, maybe if you were better...
just sayin, lol. also, thanks for helping me to realise that even tho I lost, I am good at this game, I learned this, when I went from getting handled, to ****** your mario in about 3 matches.
Though i did place lower than you this tournament. In the end we lost to the same people. (Jesse and frank) However, the only difference between me and you is that I won money this event. You didnt, maybe next time!!

-Cura!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I love you and will miss you Kelvin. wish I was around the area more and was able to get out there more to chill... but alas it isn't that way.

In the future we'll pass again if I don't see you before you leave to DC have an awesome time there and I'll miss you for sure. You're like a crucial member in this community and have helped us along for years. Thanks... <3

Foy

Smash Champion
The rivalries, trash talking, weird mindgamey playstyles and players have made this region the best.
PLaying bad and it working you mean?

xD

Rad that you might be staying in maryland but =[ also.

Have fun with that and tell mr and mrs goodies i said hi.

Keyo~Zakuya

Smash Cadet
NNID
HakumeiTenshi
3DS FC
1504-6123-3627
OUTSHOUTS!!!

K.I.D. Goggles: For having me at his tourny and standing my company for more than 10minutes. ntroducing me to Ameils and showing us his dance moves to Beyonce songs. I hope to become a great Sonic main like you, so one day we could do Sonic dittos. (Even though I've already been told that you don't do Sonic dittos, but I can dream can I?)

The General: For letting me and bluepeachy stay at his dorms for the night and giving me his bag of sour patches.

Walter: For giving me an Arizona and the opportunity to pwn the **** out of bluepeachy in New Super Mario Bros. Now maybe people will stat paying attention to Weegee!!!

Eevee: Great matches! Princess Powah ftw! We should do brawl doubles someday.

San: Whupped my @$$. Your Ike is too good!

Manalord: For lying about how much he sucks at brawl and then M2King me. Thanks alot!(sarcasm)

Sheth: Great matches, It was fun demolishing your DK.

*will add more later due to lazyness...*

Shiri

Smash Chump
I mostly play Diddy Kong vs Yoshi, who I think Yoshi has no chance at beating if Diddy Kong is playing the matchup properly. He completely shut outs Yoshi's camping game and you are force to approach with bairs, dairs and over B in attempt to shut out Diddy's Nana game. Diddy Kong can play that match either aggressive or defensive and will still beat Yoshi the majority of the time.
:yoshi: You ladies are lucky nobody up there uses DR or that sh*t would NOT be flying, LOL.

Kelvin, I <3 you! D:

Sharky

Smash Master
MK vs Yoshi is only 60/40 in favor of MK on neutrals. Just don't lose the first match and the matchup is pretty fun actually. You have grab release combos that end with dashing Up Smashes and Fair; however, if you notice that I avoid grabs from Yoshi and punish them hard if you miss. Yoshi has much worst matchups, a few of them being mid tiers and some low tiers. I think Yoshi is a mid tier character potentially with a mild advantage vs most mid tiers and mild disadvantage vs S and A tiers like MK, Snake and ROB. He has a decent advantage vs Wario once he gets a grab in.

oh yeah trust me I know allll about the mk stuff. Cura gives me the same grabbing problems as you did when I play his MK. Basically it requires Yoshi to be super patient for an opportunity, and no mistakes lol. I don't really use the GR fair because of how exact his on-stage position needs to be to get it, but I will throw one out there on occasion.

ohhh diddy lol. One of the more entertaining match-ups in my opinion other than ones with epic grab release spikes. I gotta learn DR pick-up before I play another DdK, it's so useful in slowing down his momentum.

**** now I really can't wait to play you again lol.

oh yeah, yoshi dittos. get wrecked. XD

yannick: My DR is near tourney ready, ****'s gonna be epic. =D

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Sheth: Goggles has been dethroned. I don't think a single person in Rochester could be more enthusiastic than you were. My hat's off to you, and also sweet DK.
Image related:

And I didn't even WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY over any of my WRYYYYgee uppercuts that tourney.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
A super special shout out to snakeee.

frank, You are amazing at this game. and amazing as a person. Madd chill, uber nice and just overall madd cool

I had more but my cpu is being stupid and my mouse pad keeps screwing me over. But basically, the set we had was like poetry in motion, and I havent been pushed to play that hard in a long time. thanks for coming out to rochester and showing us all that we still have lots more to work on. it was great playing you. and after that comeback I had on you, nobody can ever again tell me that im not good at this game. I really hope that was recorded. it was a pleasure to meet you again, and you can definitely plan on losing the next set that we play.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I wish I could meet people good in brawl and they could teach me how to place top 3 to make money. I can def play the game i just need to know the gay **** and the broken **** plx!

jesse neil snakeee...

Foy

Smash Champion
Foy........

And goggles this is a personal shoutout for you.

I love to hate you.

:D Its like a bromance dude.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I <3 Western NY, man. Foy pretty much summed it up. If I weren't always doing ****ing school work, I would probably be chilling with you guys all the time. You make playing silly games 1000x more fun :)

Also Goggles.... I know you didn't just call out minh in your last shout out. Have you PLAYED him lately? I do all the time. Most other people did for the first time last weekend and GOT WRECKED by some forward-b, son. If you think you can do better, I would love to see it.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Definitely the most rigorous use of side b I've EVER seen in person and video for sure. It caught me a lot. It's definitly a good move and I've never seen it used in such ways. Good **** Minh

General you should find an unorthodox move to use with peach... toad edgeguard

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Interesting tournament results indeed. I wish I could have been there instead of having 29387529 hours of schoolwork to do. Then again, I'm somewhat rusty and probably won't have any consistent time to play for at least 2 years XD. Keep the smash community alive up there, and congratulations pikapika / snakeee.

BTW did snakeee only use ZSS in the brawl tournament?
Also IIRC goggles' sonic did well against my ZSS in friendlies cause ZSS is too slow and needs to step it up.

Finally, it's been said but DON'T TAKE ANYTHING WNY SAYS SERIOUSLY. They're really a great bunch of people who just forum troll like its their job.

I miss you WNY.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Acton: It's Frannie Thank you, though. I know you were trying. lol it's always good to have another smasher. Good ****. :D your falco's getting better! keep goin'!

Goodies: you are always good humored. lol I KNOW RIGHT THAT MATCH WAS ****IN' CRAZY. Too bad I got ***** by projectiles. Even in smash terms that doesn't make sense.

C4 + nades + missle + motion senor bomb (believe it or not) > turnips

floating or not. Just gotta play smart!

sheth: LOL at the pic.

keyo: lol assuming cura doesn't ditch me again we'll see what's up. hope you go to syracuse 2. :D

****, a smash MANSION? Crazy ****. But freakin' awesome.

Summer homes? lol idk

i'd like to get into melee too, though. :D

idc what anyone says I freakin' adore our region.

Top Bottom