• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Success/Popularity stuff. Final update coming later today!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
gotcha. anyways, that tournament you linked is weird. a tournament with 3 people? IDTS. something's off

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
That three man tourney wasn't counted, from what I saw.

Updates!
- MK drops by 3%, but still holds a significantly higher amount over Snake.
- Snake makes it back into the double digits and finally breaks $1000!
- Marth is the only character left in the upper tiers who's considered unviable.
- Mr. Game and Watch just barely escapes being unviable for this update.
- Pokemon Trainer is still considered viable because of one tournament win.
- Because of some ******** tournament entry fees, I can't have a total pot ending in a 0 now. >.<;

Step it up, MK mains.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I didn't use that tourney, but I can't seem to find the one listing down Reflex(PT) as a winner

It should be under week 3, but it's not there anymore...

:: sigh ::

I better do some searching.

Edit: Found it. View the tournament results here. It turns out it wasn't Reflex after all, my bad.

Flayl

Smash Hero
FOW and ViceGrip played Ness, X played Sonic and burntsocks played Yoshi, that's all I got so far lol (for my project)

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Someone explain it to me. I suck and don't understand things. :(

Edit: Never mind, found it. -___ -;

Also, Ripple added this tournament to the data, so I went ahead and updated likewise.

Update Commentary
- MK's percentage of winnings have increased by 2%; almost back up to 40%.
- More Snake hype. Who would've thought he'd reach $1000 so soon?
- Mr. Game and Watch is unviable again.
- Pokemon Trainer is STILL hanging on to that viable status thanks to Reflex winning one tourney with him.
- I'm still salty the total pot sum doesn't end in a zero.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Didn't realize there were so many Wolfs Lucarios Pikas and Marios

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Wow lol, after reading this, IC's are way underrated based on this sample size, they win the 4th most money, behind MK snake and Diddy, yet are less popular than like all of B tier. WTF?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Keep updating this guys, this is really good stuff! Thanks for spending the time in this project, we definitely needed one of these, since Ankoku stopped updating his, and this one keeps them in the order of the tier list (so we can compare with the guys next to them money won and percentage used).

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
So many MKs. Makes me wanna f*cking quit.
Argument against MK: Everyone uses him, which shows how gamebreaking he is.
Counterargument: Everyone uses him, so too many people would be negatively affected by his ban.

And this is why all MK mains are stupid. And why all non-MK mains are stupid. Logic ruins everything for everyone yet again.

/bored rant

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Epix, look at the second post as well for more info, lolz

Anyway Kewkky, we'll keep updating this, obviously, but it's a pain in the butt to update this, so we(well, Ripple, since he picks the tournies) wait for an influx of tournies so we can give larger scale updates all at once. Like when a weekend passes. It's easier that way.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Alright, updated, even though it's a small one.

I decided to let Autosum in Excel take care of the total pot sums from now on. The reason why it doesn't end in a solid number is because there was some rounding when calculating character winnings.

For example, if a player used 3 different characters and won $40, each of their characters would be listed as winning $13.33333... But since we're working in dollars and cents, I cut it off to $13.33, thereby causing a fraction of a cent to be lost. This doesn't appear to be much, but it adds up. :/

Update Commentary
- Pot sum breaks $10000! Ultra hype!
- Snake drops out of the double digits of percentage winnings.
- Surprisingly enough, Marth STILL isn't viable as a character...
- Luigi and Sonic rise to viable status!
- Pokemon Trainer is still viable due to Reflex winning ONE tournament with a large payout!

Ghostbone

Smash Master
So uhh.

Dat fox hype.

People may be overrating him somewhat.

And lol at ROB having results similar to the top tiers.
I guess if he avoids MK (impossible task but still) he can do well.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
And lol at ROB having results similar to the top tiers.
I guess if he avoids MK (impossible task but still) he can do well.
Mk isn't so bad.

I find him fun to fight.

People just got it into their heads that it's unwinnable. And the trend caught on quick, and ROB mains gave up on trying. It's sad how a bit of negativity has really held the character back. I've never seen it otherwise tho; ROB is a very good character. He has so much potential and we finally have players pulling it out of him.

It's about beepin time ^_^

Dakpo

Smash Lord
they haven't messaged me back who anybody has used. the result thread has no characters listed. so, I can't take that tournament into account unless someone helps me. I don't know every single smasher ever

it should be everyone who participated. when I saw the results, there was no indication of pools so some people may have been left out and I didnt not notice, if in fact there was pools. but did look into that for others for sure.

this is a pm from dakpo himself

1: Chuck nasty - Pokemon Trainer/MK
2. TypeX Falco
3: Dakpo Zss
4: 69Dude- MK
5: AngryBadger -pit
5: Badkarma- IC
7: Panic- Wolf
7: Joshua- Sonic
9: ???- Pit
9: Turdox- sonic
9: Triforce of Chozo- GnW
9: Raikou- Diddy
13: iEnigma- Zelda
13: J- Lucario/ROB
13: Ryan- Lucas
13: Brandon- Lucario

no bowser was listed.
??? is the bowser player. His main is pit. (he just seconds bowser

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
John, a suggestion: could you post images in order of % used, in order of dollars won, and in order of percentage of each dollar won (3 more pictures, each sorted differently but containing the same info)? If needed, put them in collapse tags like the one in order of the tier list, but name the collapse tags after the order the spreadsheet takes.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Sure, why not. I love how Excel organizes all this stuff for me.

Also, the percentage of money won is organized in the same way as money won. >___>

In order of money won, from largest to smallest.

In order of popularity, from most popular to least popular.

Also, I'm preparing something in secret, that I plan to update monthly. AKA you'll see it after Ripple and I update the data with this weekend's tournaments. Stay tuned!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Sure, why not. I love how Excel organizes all this stuff for me.

Also, the percentage of money won is organized in the same way as money won. >___>
Yeah, whoops, you're right. :p

Now that I can see the info I want in a much more organized fashion... WOW at ROB! :eek:

Thanks for the additional organization! This is some very good stuff you have here and I'll be putting it to good use whenever I discuss characters. :)

Also, I'm planning something in secret, that I plan to update monthly. AKA you'll see it after Ripple and I update the data with this weekend's tournaments. Stay tuned!
Hmm, quite curious.

Flayl

Smash Hero
What conclusions (or hypotheses) can one take from the ratio of Percentage of Each Dolllar Won / Percentage Used?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
The amount of money you can expect to win on average from using this character at a tournament. Of course, you wouldn't expect to win such a low amount from one tournament alone, so your best idea would be to multiply it by 10 or so, and say you can expect to win that much money by using that character at 10 tournaments.

But we need a LOT more data to reliably create that... it's like a hundred times stricter than what each data needs on its own in order to be interpreted.

Top Bottom