• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Success/Popularity stuff. Final update coming later today!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Ripple, you're taking so long, and I got bored, so here you go. Of course, if you have more data or it's more comprehensive than what I have, then obviously don't use this.

To keep with Ripple's format, only the first two characters of any given player will be used.

Tournaments unused due to severe lack of character listing
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290202
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296702
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296716

Tournaments used(there may be a few characters missing due to randoms not having their characters listed, but it shouldn't influence the data too heavily...)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296653
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296681
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296794
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296811
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296831
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296693
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296668
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296716

All character usage was drawn from the OP, so all of the players who were disregarded were players without a character next to their name in that specific tournament's OP.

Anyway, here.

S Tier

:metaknight: +60

A Tier

:snake: +29

:diddy: +10

:falco: +11

:warioc: +11

:marth: +13

:popo: +7

B Tier

:olimar: +7

:pikachu2: +5

:dedede: +6

:gw: +2

:lucario: +10

:zerosuitsamus: +2

C Tier

:toonlink: +3

:kirby2: +4

:fox: +4

:rob: +9

:pit: +3

:peach: +2

:dk2: +6

D Tier

:luigi2: +4

:wolf: +4

:sheilda: +1

:sonic: +4

:ike: +5

:sheik: +4

:ness2: +2

:pt: +2

E Tier

:yoshi2: +3

:lucas: +2

:mario2: +5

:bowser2: +1

F Tier

:falcon: +0

:samus2: +1

:jigglypuff: +1

:link2: +1

:zelda: +1

Ganon Tier

:ganondorf: +2

I won't update my data yet, because my follows your list of used tournaments, and you might have more than what I listed down.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
dude...its been like 3 days since these were posted. someone is impatient

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
don't worry about it. just leave it to me from now on. not trying to sound like a **** but I don't like when people go ahead of me because I don't update something asap and they do it for me. I rarely trust others' work

I'll work on it after lunch since school was cancelled

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Nono, don't rush yourself, I don't like it when people do my work for me either... I guess I'm a tad hypocritical in that regard; I like to do more work than necessary. :(

I'll back off, just don't waste any time you don't want to use on this.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
UPDATED!

MK dominace through the roof!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Updated!

Update Commentary
- Meta-Knight has broken $5000 and is almost at 40% of the pot winnings.
- Snake has broken into the double digits of percentage of pot winnings again.
- Somehow, Marth and Mr. Game and Watch STILL remain unviable!
- Luigi, Sonic, and Pokemon Trainer have all become unviable!
- Wolf rises to the challenge and becomes viable in this update!
- Ganon made money!?

In addition, I will be keeping track of characters who have held 3% or higher of pot sums at any given update on a monthly chart. It will, as the name suggests, be updated monthly, rather than weekly.

You can view that here:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why didn't MK's % of each dollar go up even 1% in this update when viridian city happened and in every single other tournament in week 5 MK won the vast majority of the money

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
From the >3% Money made list

Out of 726

307 MK: 42.2%
119 Snake: 16.4%
83 Diddy: 11.4%
72 Falco: 9.9%
58 Wario: 8.0%
37 ICs: 5.1%
50 ROB: 6.9%

Adding the >1% group brings MK around 1/3 use

MK should be higher.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby's still in 17th, but he went red this time. Hmm... We have such a noob-friendly character. :(

I dislike looking at the graph though, it makes MK look like he's gliding over everyone else while they're all brawling on Shadow Moses.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
why didn't MK's % of each dollar go up even 1% in this update when viridian city happened and in every single other tournament in week 5 MK won the vast majority of the money
That's because as we receive more and more data, each character's true values begin to stabilize, making huge changes less likely. Week 5 would theoretically only hold 1/5 of the data right now, so the blow is softened by a bit. Plus there were a few tournaments where there was very little MK to begin with, or the winning players' character usage was split between a few characters, which also decreased MK's winning by a bit.

Anyway, MK did rise by quite a bit. He went from 39.05% to 39.96%, which is a .91% increase.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I really hope that chart convinces some people to consider a temp ban on MK at least...

Would be interesting to compare a chart from a period of MK being banned to one with him legal.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I really hope that chart convinces some people to consider a temp ban on MK at least...

Would be interesting to compare a chart from a period of MK being banned to one with him legal.
too bad most people could say that MK was just having a good month even for how good he is. I mean They could say what happened to ROB happened to MK. and that it won't happen again

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
And then, for no reason at all, another update.

At any given point, you'll find what percentage of all tournament money a character has won for that specific week. It's not cumulative like the first chart. It also includes every character, which may or may not have been a dumb move on my part. >.>;

Since Imageshack is gay and resizes my stuff, I'm gonna put my Excel sheets up for download as well if you wish to view the data more closely. Download Link.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
too bad most people could say that MK was just having a good month even for how good he is. I mean They could say what happened to ROB happened to MK. and that it won't happen again
I think people are just underrating ROB....

After like another two months though if MK's still up around 40% that's a big problem.

Coney

Smash Master
john, you can keep imageshack from resizing your stuff--i had problems with it too for a while but there's a "more options" thing under the image location, and you can just pick "do not resize" and you're golden

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Coolio, thanks

Epic resize, first page got *****, and I'll leave the Excel DL up just in case.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Nice thread here. Didn't even know about it and you still got my tournament. Do you want people posting links to tourney threads in here, or do you prefer gathering up everything yourself?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Nice thread here. Didn't even know about it and you still got my tournament. Do you want people posting links to tourney threads in here, or do you prefer gathering up everything yourself?
I prefer getting everything myself. as long as the TO actually posts the result since if someone else does it then they rarely update the front page.

1 in 3 tournaments don't have characters so I have to ask. I even made a thread in EVERY SINGLE REGIONAL ZONE

Reizilla

Ah, very well, very well. Never really look in regional zones since it kinda pointless now with the new tournament listings system... I'll try keeping things up-to-snuff in a timely manner. Keep up the good work, man!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I love how versatile Excel is.

It lets me make data... like this.

45.57%? Perhaps.

At the very least, we can claim MK is winning BETWEEN 39.97% and 51.17% of tournament money. I believe this is the data Ripple's been looking for.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Pretty easy to see. Not too surprised.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
And people still claim that MK isn't overdominating the tournament scene. >_>

Nice to see that Snake is obviously 5th because his results are so bad like people are claimin-oh wait. He's still second when it comes to making money, and makes almost twice as much as Diddy Kong? Oh my bad.

Fox is better than Wolf...wait...Wolf is making almost making twice as much money than Fox makes, while having only one more use in tournament? Man, if these results continue to hold out, I'm going to have a lot of people to laugh at.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think the info is more important to show the prevalence of pocket MKs and those who use MK at least a little bit in order to "boost" their tournament performance compared to those who for whatever reasons decide not to use him in tournaments, instead of simple "MK vs the Rest!" scenario.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm pretty impartial when it comes to the MK thing but aren't we jumping to things really fast when it's only been one month?

200+ MKs is crazy though.

Reizilla

He's the best character in a game where the scrub mindset is prevalent in the community. No **** he's taking all your money.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well isn't there a limit to when it's just plain stupid to keep...wait I don't want to derail this amazing thread. Carry on.

Reizilla

That's it. But Brawl is a pretty big fanboy game, so that's why you still have people playing Zelda and Ganon, giving all the non-fanboy's an easier time taking their money.

obv

:131:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
That's it. But Brawl is a pretty big fanboy game, so that's why you still have people playing Zelda and Ganon, giving all the non-fanboy's an easier time taking their money.

obv

:131:

but then if all the dumb fanboys wised up and started playing mk, then he would just win more of the tournament money. So I dont get where your going with this, when your previous comment said that hes winning more money because of the scrub mindset, when in actuality hes winning less of it...

Top Bottom