• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sun Rise Tournament (SRT) - Tokyo, Japan - April 2/3 2011 - Melee CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Well, While I wont be winning this I've always wanted to go to japan, what better time to do than this! *Starts Saving*

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Are people still going to this? I'm not gonna bother going all the way out there if people aren't coming XD
WTF? Even if OOC doesn't attend, this is going to be a 200+ person Brawl tournament (and probably 60-70 person Melee tournament to boot). Why would your going be contingent on foreign players if you're a competitive smasher? I mean, it's one thing if you had to travel from OOC yourself, but if you already live in Japan and speak Japanese then ... no johns lol.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
This event looks hella hype. I wish I could go but lately I barely get any hours at my job so this is like almost impossible for me to make. =/

Vayseth

Smash Master
WTF? Even if OOC doesn't attend, this is going to be a 200+ person Brawl tournament (and probably 60-70 person Melee tournament to boot). Why would your going be contingent on foreign players if you're a competitive smasher? I mean, it's one thing if you had to travel from OOC yourself, but if you already live in Japan and speak Japanese then ... no johns lol.
It's a money issue. I just so happen to be coming back to the States for 2+ weeks starting on April 22nd. So, if there's no chance in meeting some of my friends from back home, I won't spend the couple hundred bucks it would cost to go because I could easily go to a smash tournament here, if I ever had the time or money =p

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Umm, I think we should figure out housing for this, so we're not all stranded in the middle of tokyo. I don't feel like getting hit by old ladies with umbrellas again. That **** hurts.

rustediron

Smash Lord
The couple hundred bucks? Try ~$100 (from ***ui, probably even less from Kansai). Highway bus, dog. >_>

http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/

高速バス
http://www.bushikaku.net/ <- would be my recommendation, but you could also check

www.kakuyasubus.jp
www.bus24.jp
www.kousokubus.net

I also heard they've started selling 3000 yen flights between Kansai International and Narita/Haneda (less useful, imo, but at least you have a daytime travel option)

You could also have a look at whether JAL has affiliation with whatever airline you took to get to Japan, if you still have the tickets you can collect air miles on it if you apply for a JAL member's card. The air miles will then let you buy discounted flights (I managed to get flighs from Misawa Airport, Aomori, to Itami Airport, Osaka, and then back again, for the price of what would be roughly equivalent to 15,000 yen).

Yeah, I'm pro at this ****

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Whooaaa ****. Thanks frugs!!!

hbox I doubt Melee is gonna have a $1k payout. I'll ask around though.

uhhh if you're a baller though you should come anyway cuz tokyo is the ****. 8DDD

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i actually like the stage rules in japan.. its just my style except for lylat and poke.. thats gotta go but its alot more tolerable than the usa standards. i want to go to this. hey m2k or anyone going, let me know how much u spent on the plane ticket. i might consider going. not to play competitively but to smash :) i want to enjoy some brawl and melee if i can.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
im 100% going. just waiting to hear back from m2k on flight info.

i hear ally nick riddle is going for sure. as well as m2k

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
im 100% going. just waiting to hear back from m2k on flight info.

i hear ally nick riddle is going for sure. as well as m2k
as far as I know without buddy passes, tickets are 830ish right now FROM new york (JFK) I will definatly go if everything goes according to plan, so is M2K, don't know about the rest but I want your autograph LOL :bee:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yo, so yeah, melee is almost definitely not gonna have a $1k backing. If you're coming for melee, do not come for the money.

Tokyo ****ing ***** though. I gotta keep saying it. cuz it ****ing raaaapes. best city ever.

hayato, i wanna play melee with you!!

xHayatox

Smash Lord
Yo, so yeah, melee is almost definitely not gonna have a $1k backing. If you're coming for melee, do not come for the money.

Tokyo ****ing ***** though. I gotta keep saying it. cuz it ****ing raaaapes. best city ever.

hayato, i wanna play melee with you!!
lol lets play. im halfway decent i hope. => im going mainly as a vacation. probably taking 2 weeks off work paid vacation just for this. so its a win either way for me :D if 850 ish is the price its pretty good cuz i was lookin at boston to japan it was 1200 ish. hopefully it stay that way till january. whats the pricing like for hotel? lookin forward to the hot springs = ) and sake sake sake... nomitaiii!

as far as I know without buddy passes, tickets are 830ish right now FROM new york (JFK) I will definatly go if everything goes according to plan, so is M2K, don't know about the rest but I want your autograph LOL :bee:
i want the every legend's autograph = ) these kits are too damn legendary. i wish i was as legendary. i got my passport already now i need a cool visa :D maybe in a few years try to get a job to be out there.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
lol lets play. im halfway decent i hope. => im going mainly as a vacation. probably taking 2 weeks off work paid vacation just for this. so its a win either way for me :D if 850 ish is the price its pretty good cuz i was lookin at boston to japan it was 1200 ish. hopefully it stay that way till january. whats the pricing like for hotel? lookin forward to the hot springs = ) and sake sake sake... nomitaiii!.
thats wassup 8D

yeah dude good plan. my only regret is i'll be working so i can probably only take like a day or two off plus the tournament weekend itself so i can't hang around tokyo for a long time.

i think hotel shouldn't cost much. you might be able to get someone to house you too. but like, places like the Toyoko Inn (it's kinda like a Ramada Inn I guess, like an inexpensive chain motel) are like 5k yen a night and i'm down to split a room if i can't find housing

Vayseth

Smash Master
Remember that Japanese hotels charge per person not per room so it'll be like 5K regardless.

I would suggest looking into hotels now in the area. You do not really wanna have to travel. I would also not bank on someone housing you because people might not live in the area, and if they do, it's likely small and might not be able to house people.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
5,000 YEN = approx $59.80 US Dollars, per person per night.
oh that's not bad lol I used to pay that alone sometimes in MI XD.

We could prob get an hotel of like 6 people and it'll be like 10 dollars per night so about 50-70 for hotel dpeending on how many days we stay.

oh wait, they charge everybody 59,80?

xHayatox

Smash Lord
5k is pretty cheap. i thought it was going to be in the 15-20k range for hotels per night lol. id prefer not to stay with any more than 3 people in 1 room :o but if it comes down to it i dont really curr. ill be spending alot of my time at the bar drinking my life away. :)

rustediron

Smash Lord
You only have to pay per person if you try and jam 3 people into a room designed for single use. If you go for a room with 2-4 beds, then they'll charge you for the whole room per night, and you could probably get away with about 3000 yen each or so.

Example would be something like this:
http://web.travel.rakuten.co.jp/por..._s2=0&f_y1=0&f_y2=0&f_y3=0&f_y4=0&f_heya_su=1

or

http://web.travel.rakuten.co.jp/por..._tel=&f_hak=&f_tel=&f_target_flg=&f_tscm_flg=

If you want to have your own room, however, I stayed here over the summer and it cost me ~3000 yen a night:
http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/HOTEL/16358/16358_std.html

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
toyoko inn dude.

toyoko ****ing inn :o

btw frugs, how much do you think it would cost to travel from Hokkaido to Osaka? And what's the best way to do so? (train via undersea tunnel, or plane?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom